How many of you use driving wheel?

• Thread starter Pathaway
  • 157 comments

Do you use a Driving Wheel or a Pad in GT5:P?

• I'm using Driving Wheel.

Votes: 228 73.5%
  • I'm using the Gamepad.

Votes: 82 26.5%

• Total voters
Its the only way to drive in this game, G25 all the way baby. No way would i use the six axis, first is predicts and helps you steer, how useless. I like the FF and the sense of accomplishment when getting spot on shifts with clutching on. sweet music to the ears.

I would like someone to explain, definitively: when you see someone online "zig-zagging" around the track, is it because they're using a pad, or is it just lag?

I recently sold a 1995 impreza wrx sti to get a golf tdi 130...the cost started to outweigh the fun. Ive now got a gameracer seat and g 25 wheel....Every day is a track day! without the cost!!!!!!! I can even drive drunk and the only person that suffers is me...lol

I would like someone to explain, definitively: when you see someone online "zig-zagging" around the track, is it because they're using a pad, or is it just lag?

I suspect it's a case of either/or. Sometimes it's lag, sometimes it's pad. Lag seems a lot more profound - I've seen people who seem to actually crash into the gravel traps then there's a mysterious, high pitched "WHHHHHEEEEE!!!!" sound and they warp into position in front of me. I think that's lag. Then there's people who seem to "wiggle" on every corner - my guess is they're driving with the sixaxis. Sometimes I just can't tell for sure.

I suspect it's a case of either/or. Sometimes it's lag, sometimes it's pad. Lag seems a lot more profound - I've seen people who seem to actually crash into the gravel traps then there's a mysterious, high pitched "WHHHHHEEEEE!!!!" sound and they warp into position in front of me. I think that's lag. Then there's people who seem to "wiggle" on every corner - my guess is they're driving with the sixaxis. Sometimes I just can't tell for sure.

Yeah, I understand that the "teleporting" has got to be lag - it's the "wiggling" that I wonder about: it's very distracting when you're following & ruins the sense of realism.

I use the G25 and Playseats Evo.
I am a big fan of the GT series.
Used the controller for 1,2,3 and 4.
GT5p however I decided to get a wheel.
Why did I not get a wheel sooner!!!
The Wheel does take some time in getting used to.
but once you go wheel you will never go back to controller.

Back