How many of you use driving wheel?

• Thread starter Pathaway
  • 157 comments

Do you use a Driving Wheel or a Pad in GT5:P?

• I'm using Driving Wheel.

Votes: 228 73.5%
  • I'm using the Gamepad.

Votes: 82 26.5%

• Total voters
I wonder how many players out there use driving wheels to drive in GT5: P. I seems very hard to use the pad in Pro physics. Is it easier with driving wheel?

Pad for me. The wheel represents the point of no return for nerdy single gamer to me :P... and I'm not ready to give that part of my life up just yet.... although I think I can see it from here :P

Wheel, even tho it cost me lunches for half a year at college :P
At least I lost some weight too ;)

Im hoping to purchase the DFP wheel in a few days time because not only for enjoyment but im sure in certain circumstances the wheel is an advantage.

There are 2 cars that I have noticed so far that I believe will be an advantage using the wheel and these are the Lotus Elise(Pro physics) & F2007. Look at the replay of the No1 time using the F2007 on Suzuka. There is no way I can be that smooth and precise using the pad. These cars especially the Elise on Professional setting require subtle control from not only the steering but the throttle also. Using the wheel would allow this because I find the pad is all or nothing with regards to control.

I'm using a DFP, have done since GT4. I've had it about 4 years now (I think) and I've used it a lot with loads of different games. I'm starting to have one or two little issues with it now though. Like the wheel isn't ever completely centred any more. When the car is going straight, the wheel is ever-so-slightly out to the left. It's not bad by any means, it still plays faultlessly and you could sit the vast majority of people down to use it and they wouldn't even notice, I don't even notice it most of the time, you can only really tell if you're looking for it.

Other times though the calibration must really mess up, because when the car is going straight on screen, the wheel is at a 45 degree angle :crazy: Nothing a quick reset doesn't fix though.

I'm hoping to upgrade to the G25 for GT5 :) Though I can't fault the DFP 👍

Wheel,since first GT about 9 years ago.Stil have that first black MadCatz,I think that's the first,all to gether 8-9 wheels.

Pad at the moment. I made a bad mistake of buying a G25 and now it doesnt fit where i wanted it to. :-(

Had the same issue...Moved the PS3 back to the desk. I was hoping to be able to play with the G25 on the living room with a "easy to fold" solution but it didn't work out. The feedback on the G25 is so strong that you need a desk or even better a playseat. My GF didn't like the idea of the Playseat, I don't know why :P

Had the same issue...Moved the PS3 back to the desk. I was hoping to be able to play with the G25 on the living room with a "easy to fold" solution but it didn't work out. The feedback on the G25 is so strong that you need a desk or even better a playseat. My GF didn't like the idea of the Playseat, I don't know why :P

Thats women for you. The problem with mine was the clamps dont open wide enough to fit on my desk. And i dont feel courageous enough to start modifing it. Untill then its staying in the box. If only i had enough room i'd get a playseat.

After running the 1000km of Suzuka in GT4 with a pad and having my thumbs feel extremely sore for almost a week I knew it was time to move to a wheel.

The only problem was price, I didn't want to spend $150 on the DFP, but one day I stumbled upon a $80 DFP at gamestop

DFP only ever since then. It's the only way to get a true driving experience

G25 as well. :)
Trust me, once you used the wheel, you won't come back to use the controller anymore :P (as I'm having a hard time doing that! Unless of course, they are arcade style racing games. 👎)

I've got a G25 and a Playseat Evo, both new and unused, waiting for my replacement PS3 to arrive, and I'm already set to never again play a racing game with a controller.

(everyday I do some "air driving" on them to get a bit of the feeling...) :rolleyes:

Back