How many of you use driving wheel?

• Thread starter Pathaway
  • 157 comments

Do you use a Driving Wheel or a Pad in GT5:P?

• I'm using Driving Wheel.

Votes: 228 73.5%
  • I'm using the Gamepad.

Votes: 82 26.5%

• Total voters
I think I am going to get a G25 as well. I really want to see the difference in feel between the G25 and the DF GT that I got two days ago. The problem for me is mounting everything in order to get a comfortable driving position.

So after all your ranting and raving over how much better a wheel is than a controller I finally decided to hook my PS3 up to my computer monitor and use my DFP.

You guys were 100% right! I have SO MUCH more control over the car now. I can do things I'd never dream of trying with the wheel. Now I have to figure out a setup to make the wheel work with the TV in my room...

Only bummer thing is...the clutch pedal still does nothing! I thought it was supposed to have been programmed into GT5-P, but maybe that was just the Japanese version. Dunno...

Kinda disappointing, but oh well...at least I finally have something to play on my PS3!!

Pyro

Only bummer thing is...the clutch pedal still does nothing! I thought it was supposed to have been programmed into GT5-P, but maybe that was just the Japanese version. Dunno...

Kinda disappointing, but oh well...at least I finally have something to play on my PS3!!

Pyro

Hi Pyro, i think you need to press triangle before the clutch works...

I don't have a G25, so i'm not sure, but sure enough to mention it ;)

I'm still happily stuck with my Red Momo (logitech) and it works great for GT5P. I'm not really worried with the steering angle, i don't need 900 degrees as i am not intending to do any parking ;)
(no flame intended, i'm just saying i'm a lazy steerer, ehrm.... make that 'i like direct steering ;)

Still, the g25 looks great and the upcoming GT racing wheel also sounds interesting (though i read that the 'on the fly adjustments' to brake bias etcetera should also be configurable to buttons on other wheels).

Hope to see you all online soon.

Pyro

Yes press triangle to activate clutch, to make sure it works just turn on the PS3 without the contoller, and make sure its off.

gotta use a wheel to simulate racing!

ps3_gt5_itr.jpg

That's an awesome setup you've got there.
Also loving the poster. Where did you get it from?

I do use the Sixaxisis controller. I do seem to be as good as the good guys with a wheel. However I do find limitations with the anolog stick. Techinal tracks such as Fuji and Suzuka are hard for me to get the turns right with the stick. You can see it when I race. lol I also have a hard time keeping the rear end from sliding out on some of the cars because its a stick at the controlls. I do imagine that I will get better when I purchase my wheel this summer.

I just got my G25 yesterday and, tbh, the thing that has improved most is my throttle control - I'm gaining half seconds on every corner because I'm not having to pump/tap the button (I could never get the hang of the joystick for throttle)

The wheel is fine and the force feedback is awesome but it hasn't really done as much to help my lap times, since I kinda 'feel' what the car is doing even without the wheel if that makes any kind of sense.

There seems to be a kinda - this guys using a sixaxis - detector in the game that allows you to tap the direction stick at different speeds to account for how much you're turning, kinda like tweening between keyframes if you ever did that sorta thing.

But yeah - the pedals have changed my life!

For those of you who use the G25 you can pretty easily take apart the pedal case, then you can bolt on the pedals on a plank of wood. The pedals already come with holes for this. This way you can adjust the distance between them to your liking. I moved the brake pedal about an inch ahead of the throttle to make heel and toe easier. Just make sure you find a way to somehow attach the cables to the plank so that they don't tug directly from the pedals. I used 3 phone cable claws to hold the cables in place securely.

DFP + Playseat since GT4. My DFP died last week and I bought a G25. Fitting the G25 to the 1st gen playseat needs some work but its doable.

The G25 is way better than my old DFP, I love it :bowdown:

I use the controller, and I feel kinda cool cause I just broke the top ten for pp700 daytona time trials.

I wanted to get a wheel...until I saw that g25 was $300, so I figured I'd keep pressing left.

wow, people have some really nice setups out there with various wheels/racing seats!

as much as I want one, my wife is dead set against me using a racing seat in our small livingroom. if she had her way I would be forced to use the controller =/

do any of you married guys know of any ways around this problem?(besides getting a divorce or bringing my tv/ps3 out to the shed...)anyone seen any foldable racing seats or something easier to store away?

right now the plan is too build a new "end table" meant for use with the wheel/pedals to get as close as possible to racing posture from the couch

Back