How much XP do you need to advance to next driver level?

• Thread starter EnzoRacer
  • 173 comments
Well that xp needed for 50 level is frustrating.Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it that hard to reach to 40 level in GT5? Both A and B spec.By the way I guess pitlane glitch is still working though. :lol:

Well, B Spec was ok, because you could just leave your PS3 running for a few days and be done with it, but A Spec before the updates was a chore. After they added the seasonals and the daily bonus it was doable.

By the way I guess pitlane glitch is still working though. :lol:
It is according to the trophy hunting sites.

As I mentioned before, I hope nobody has taken that glitch method and started doing it in Multiplayer. There’s a difference between making some numbers on a screen rise faster and affecting the results of a race against real people.

It is according to the trophy hunting sites.

As I mentioned before, I hope nobody has taken that glitch method and started doing it in Multiplayer. There’s a difference between making some numbers on a screen rise faster and affecting the results of a race against real people.
To be honest, I have done it a few times and still doing it in Singleplayer to be able to reach 50 level asap.Reason is, I want to get the platinum in my US account, and after that continue playing sport mode with my Turkish account.(Which I opened just for GTS.)Because, even I get higher internet rating than Mexicans which are the neighbour of US, i want to use my own country's flag while racing.(If you ask why did you open US account at first, there wasnt an option for Turkish account back in 2010 as I remember and I got all my trophies on that account.)

I hit lvl 45 recently, almost half way. Trying to beat my best time on Blue moon bay pro league with N300 KTM is the main source of my xp. Finally winning a daily C only nets 1200xp, yet in B/S that's usually impossible with S/S up front. On average only 300xp per race.

900km to go for 40k km. Probably 7000xp again? Insignificant next to the 1.2 million xp to go.

GT Sport's trophies will almost all come if you just play the game. The exceptions are the two Scapes ones, which require a specific task you may not ordinarily attempt.

I've not been playing the game all that hard - I don't even drive some days - and I'm at 200,000XP since launch, with about 70,000XP in unclaimed Achievements (I use them to top up to the next level). That means I'll probably hit level 50 some time around November 2019 without any particular concerted effort to do so (although I might have to make the effort, for GTPEDIA purposes :lol: ).
It's a tradition, though. IIRC, in GT6 one trophy you had to leave the Mount Panorama track and drove over behind some cones.

Just hit Level 50 last night, those last 5 were a real grind.

I did end up using the Nurburgring trick for this however*. As much as I like playing Gran Turismo Sport I don't want it to be the only game I play for the next 18 months as I have plenty of other titles I want to enjoy, and wanted to get this Trophy out of the way now.

Now all I have left to do are the 322 Sport Mode races (I'm at just under 200 right now), but since I no longer have to grind for XP, Wins or Poles I can simply hop on when I feel like it and play the game the way it's meant to be played, for fun and personal development.

*As I have mentioned elsewhere, people that are aware of this trick should absolutely avoid using it in Multiplayer at all costs. "Farming" AI and making numbers go up in Single Player is relatively harmless, but it's an entirely different mater when the results and experience of human opponents are affected.

Just hit Level 50 last night, those last 5 were a real grind.

I did end up using the Nurburgring trick for this however*. As much as I like playing Gran Turismo Sport I don't want it to be the only game I play for the next 18 months as I have plenty of other titles I want to enjoy, and wanted to get this Trophy out of the way now.

Now all I have left to do are the 322 Sport Mode races (I'm at just under 200 right now), but since I no longer have to grind for XP, Wins or Poles I can simply hop on when I feel like it and play the game the way it's meant to be played, for fun and personal development.
Me too. Hit level 50 just a few moments ago.

Just need 8 more victories and finish 140 more races in Sport Mode. Should be done soon enough.

Do have some races left in GT League though.

Was that posting more important than keeping your passive aggressive question to yourself?
Well I didn’t mean to be agressive - sorry for that ! - but did you read his post ? He himself stated that he can finaly hop on when he feels like it and play the game the way it's meant to be played, for fun and personal development. Those were his words not mine. So my question is not that strange.

Last edited:
Was getting that trophy more important than simply enjoying the game ?
Trophy acquisition and goal progression is part of how I enjoy most games. I like the challenge of working towards a goal that the developer has placed within the game, and Trophies/Achievements provide one of those challenges. I am not a ”trophy hunter” who ignores everything else for the sake of completing those challenges, but when I truly enjoy a game I like to go for 100% completion.

That is not to say that I wasn’t enjoying Gran Turismo Sport before this however. I have had many enjoyable hours improving my lap times in Qualifying, getting closer to Pole Positions and Victories, increasing my DR/SR and having good battles with worthy opponents etc..

After a certain amount of time (usually around 50 hours or so) I feel that I have experienced everything a game has to offer, and pay more attention to the Trophy lists in an attempt to get 100% completion. By getting a Platinum trophy in a game I feel like I have competed everything that the developer felt was worth experiencing in a game, and it gives me an additional challenge after the initial honeymoon stage of a game’s life*. Unfortunately, some Trophies are designed or implemented in such a way that they can take a very long time to complete, but I do them regardless.

I have completed all of the performance-related Trophies in this game now, which means that whether I do good or bad in my future Multiplayer races is no longer relevant. That was my line of thinking behind the part of my post that you responded to, so hopefully you now understand a little more.

* It should be noted however that I have been playing this game for almost a year, as I was in the Closed Beta. It’s not like I have “blitzed” this title in a few months, as I had put in many hours of gameplay before its retail release and as such the “discovery stage” of a game (where I am figuring out the systems, mechanics, physics etc.) was already complete for me before Day 1.

Great post and nice to get some insights in your thinking ! Makes much more sense to me than it did before. Not only you but more “trophy hunters” in general. We are all addicted to the game in a way.

Trophy acquisition and goal progression is part of how I enjoy most games. I like the challenge of working towards a goal that the developer has placed within the game, and Trophies/Achievements provide one of those challenges. I am not a ”trophy hunter” who ignores everything else for the sake of completing those challenges, but when I truly enjoy a game I like to go for 100% completion.

That is not to say that I wasn’t enjoying Gran Turismo Sport before this however. I have had many enjoyable hours improving my lap times in Qualifying, getting closer to Pole Positions and Victories, increasing my DR/SR and having good battles with worthy opponents etc..

After a certain amount of time (usually around 50 hours or so) I feel that I have experienced everything a game has to offer, and pay more attention to the Trophy lists in an attempt to get 100% completion. By getting a Platinum trophy in a game I feel like I have competed everything that the developer felt was worth experiencing in a game, and it gives me an additional challenge after the initial honeymoon stage of a game’s life*. Unfortunately, some Trophies are designed or implemented in such a way that they can take a very long time to complete, but I do them regardless.

I have completed all of the performance-related Trophies in this game now, which means that whether I do good or bad in my future Multiplayer races is no longer relevant. That was my line of thinking behind the part of my post that you responded to, so hopefully you now understand a little more.

* It should be noted however that I have been playing this game for almost a year, as I was in the Closed Beta. It’s not like I have “blitzed” this title in a few months, as I had put in many hours of gameplay before its retail release and as such the “discovery stage” of a game (where I am figuring out the systems, mechanics, physics etc.) was already complete for me before Day 1.

haha you were in my daily race yesterday! 2.09 with the lancer evolution I believe?? :)

haha you were in my daily race yesterday! 2.09 with the lancer evolution I believe?? :)
Yes, I was in Sport Mode for an hour or so :)

I don't normally do the 25 minute sessions but I wasn't interested in the shorter races that showed up.

I've already got my Win/Pole Trophies so I was trying out some less used cars to see how they compared.

Holy hell. This is my first time looking at this. I didn't realize it took that much xp to get to level 50. I thought the 322 races would be my last trophy to check off but I feel like I could get 500+ races before I get to level 50...

I mean I already have completed 300-400 races combined between Sport mode and online lobbies, as well as the campaign 100%, and I'm only level 38, which isn't even close to being halfway.

It’s something like 400k exp pts to go from 49 to 50.

Took me 2.5hrs using the original pit glitch. God knows how long it would take now that’s not possible.

Holy hell. This is my first time looking at this. I didn't realize it took that much xp to get to level 50. I thought the 322 races would be my last trophy to check off but I feel like I could get 500+ races before I get to level 50...

I mean I already have completed 300-400 races combined between Sport mode and online lobbies, as well as the campaign 100%, and I'm only level 38, which isn't even close to being halfway.

lvl 38 is less than 14% on the way. I was at about 30% with close to 600 sport races already before I started doing the 8250xp 12 minute oval race on gt league. It took 214 wins on that oval to get to 50, I was up to 293 gt league wins and 983 sport races by then. 43 hours on that oval, mostly while watching tv. 336 hours total driving time when I got to 50, so the oval 'only' took 12.7% while delivering 66% of the xp. At least you will have all the cars as well with the 70 million credits that makes. (I had about 75% overall success rate for clean bonus)

It’s something like 400k exp pts to go from 49 to 50.
Took me 2.5hrs using the original pit glitch. God knows how long it would take now that’s not possible.

That takes just under 10 hours now on the oval, took 4 days while watching tv in my case. The pattern is different every time you reload the race, yet by the end I knew every possible pattern inside out. Which car will go where when, when they'll crash, go wide or leave room, how they effect each other. And the odd behavior that they're much easier to pass the first time, yet when you lap them they try to regain the position....

lvl 38 is less than 14% on the way. I was at about 30% with close to 600 sport races already before I started doing the 8250xp 12 minute oval race on gt league. It took 214 wins on that oval to get to 50, I was up to 293 gt league wins and 983 sport races by then. 43 hours on that oval, mostly while watching tv. 336 hours total driving time when I got to 50, so the oval 'only' took 12.7% while delivering 66% of the xp. At least you will have all the cars as well with the 70 million credits that makes. (I had about 75% overall success rate for clean bonus)
That is just absurd. I'm never gonna get to 50.

That is just absurd. I'm never gonna get to 50.

What's really absurd is to do it with sport races alone. That last 1.6 million xp at average 750xp per hour from sport races, 2133 more hours, 2 years at 3 hours a day. Or suppose you are the best driver in the world, winning every race clean, 3000xp per hour, still 533 hours!

It's about 3 years at 3 hours a day from 0 to 50 on close to 10k sport races under average finishing positions. You'll get your money's worth out of the game though ;)

I can sort of understand why GTS has an XP/level system. My hypothesis is that PD thought having that system would be a way to add another "thing to do" between updates. It also gives incentive to race clean both online and in GT League, and in the former, an incentive to try winning with underpowered cars, in some events. But hopefully in the next title, they'll do away with the exp/level system. The exp/level game mechanic is meant to simplify the otherwise abstract concept of gaining experience, especially in RPGs like Dragon Quest, Pokemon, SMT, and Final Fantasy. I'm almost tempted to say that exp/level systems in general are abused in game design, and that there are far less places where they belong than where they actually are appearing. (I'd say the same of GTS' in-game achievements, where I understand why they exist, but I don't think they'd be good content to see in the next title.)

For GTS, I would say the Driver Rating system is a superior way to have a metric on experience & skill. Not that I'm saying it's the best way to simply the concept of experience that I could possibly comprehend, but I think it's better than an actual exp/level mechanic that's right beside it in GTS. I would also argue that having your profile show where you've obtained 100% in various campaign sections (I think GT5 did this) would also be a good way to show how experienced/skilled you are. I also really like Kudos' "Speed Score," where they offer a metric that's based on how close you come, percentage-wise, to the best qualifying time for a given event. I really do like seeing the region gaps for my times, as well as where my time ranks within that region.

It'd also be nice if we could see the "narrower levels" of where our times may rank, like by nation or state, but that's another matter.

I also think the easier license tests of the PS3 era and onwards should be combined with the mandatory need for licenses in the PS2 era, as I think the latter concept was especially marred by the difficulty, whereas the PS3/PS4-era license tests are comparatively much easier. (Not too easy insofar you don't need to think, but just hard enough to force you into gaining further game literacy.) If the mandatory need for licenses from the PS2 era were combined with the relatively easier tests from the PS3/PS4 era, maybe there could be a further sense of progression by having a vastly reinterpreted version of GT5's level requirements for car ownership, in that licenses could permit players to buy (and thus, race) more advanced vehicles. Here were my ideas for what licenses would permit the use of which cars/classes:

-National C - N-series cars up to N200, and the lowest-level Gr.X cars like the BMW i3, and GT Kart 125.

-National B - N-series up to N400.

-National A - Gr.4, N-series cars up to N600, as well as other Gr.X cars like the Red Bull X2014 Jr., the Tesla Model S, the Honda 2&4, and the Toyota FT-1 Concept.

-International B - Gr.3, remaining N-series cars, the Subaru Time Attack WRX, the Gr.X-spec R.S.01, and the track-day Gr.X cars like the P1 GTR and Zonda R.

-International A - Gr.2, and the various vintage race cars within Gr.X.

-Super - Gr.1, all Gr.X-spec VGTs, and the highest-powered Gr.X cars such as the F1500T-A and all other Red Bull cars.

-Rally - Gr.B (Obviously.)

EDIT: Re-arranged some stuff.

Last edited:
What's really absurd is to do it with sport races alone. That last 1.6 million xp at average 750xp per hour from sport races, 2133 more hours, 2 years at 3 hours a day. Or suppose you are the best driver in the world, winning every race clean, 3000xp per hour, still 533 hours!

It's about 3 years at 3 hours a day from 0 to 50 on close to 10k sport races under average finishing positions. You'll get your money's worth out of the game though ;)

I was a bit off.

I'm currently at 8,441 sport races finished, thus 7,458 since reaching level 50.
According to KP I made an extra 3,361,044 xp with those 7,458 races. Avg 450 xp per sport race. So yep, can make about 1,125 xp per hour from sport races (I do get a lot of clean race bonuses, but I don't qualify much)

So it's not that bad! 5,000 sport races should get you from 0 to 50!

Last edited:
Back