How much XP do you need to advance to next driver level?

• Thread starter EnzoRacer
  • 173 comments
2.4 million XP to get to 50.
Sighs.

So if I actually drive my way to 50, I need to be earning 6500 XP a day to be there by this time next year.

I'm sorry Kaz, is this the final game of the franchise?

I don't see how any average driver can do it legitimately in under two years without boosting. However, note taken that is the point... To make it last a good 2-3 years.

Driving 10 clean laps at The Ring with the fuel trap against Gr.1 cars gets me 21.000XP per day. So it is only a matter of discipline and free time to reach level 50.

I just hit lvl 42 after getting to 50 fastest laps, now already 104k to lvl 43. With an average of 250 xp per daily sport race.... I don't even want to know. That 7k xp still waiting for reaching 40k km seems very insignificant at this point. GT League boosted me a lot (8250xp per clean pro league race in N300 XBow) now it's not moving anymore. Reminds me of getting through the 60's in Everquest :)

So if I actually drive my way to 50, I need to be earning 6500 XP a day to be there by this time next year.

I don't see how any average driver can do it legitimately in under two years without boosting.
You can get 2,250XP from a single, 11-minute Custom Race. Three of those a day is 33 minutes, so you'll be done by January next (not counting any XP you've already got from 'Campaign' or GT League, or the 250,000 you get from the Achievements) - or legitimately in one year, without boosting.

Sometimes i am glad i never played the trophy game. The grind some people are willing to go trough for some of these trophy's amaze me.
GT Sport's trophies will almost all come if you just play the game. The exceptions are the two Scapes ones, which require a specific task you may not ordinarily attempt.

I've not been playing the game all that hard - I don't even drive some days - and I'm at 200,000XP since launch, with about 70,000XP in unclaimed Achievements (I use them to top up to the next level). That means I'll probably hit level 50 some time around November 2019 without any particular concerted effort to do so (although I might have to make the effort, for GTPEDIA purposes :lol: ).

I get my exp, from doing 10 lap custom races with gr.3 or gr.1 cars. sometimes N500 - N1000 racing. depends on mood and how many clean laps i do.

I can't get the pitlane bug to work, not sure if they've fixed it or I'm doing it wrong.

Racing legit, you can get 4100xp in 12 minutes on the Blue Moon oval 15 lap Premium Sports Car Lounge event, in Campaign under Professional in GT Leagues. I'm de-tuning a LaFerrari to N600, which is about 60% power. It gives a +90% bonus for using an underpowered car.

Thank you for your suggestion. It is the best way to collect XP by far. I was able to get 6270XP on a single clean race.

Cash and XP COW!
11 minutes 44 seconds.
Premium Sport Lounge Race 1
RCZ Gr.3 Road Car
Power ratio 135
Weight ratio 85
Super Softs

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515169278132.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515169278132.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 187
Just hit Level 40 today, only 2,000,000 Exp to go... :indiff:

That’s quite the grind, much more than I was expecting.

Damn, I thought lvl 42 was getting there, turns out it's only 25% of the journey. Certainly not going to get there with gt sport races alone. Winning the daily C cleanly would be 1650xp (yesterday was 1100xp for a win). Only need to do that about 1100 more times. Though on average I'm happy to make 300xp per sport race, that's 6000 races, 3000 hours, or almost 3 years at avg 3 hours a day. Need more tracks!

And there are a few people saying they got to level 50 in the first four weeks from release :lol:
Still not believing it :D

And there are a few people saying they got to level 50 in the first four weeks from release :lol:
Still not believing it :D
They used the Nordschleife endurance glitch.

Just hit Level 40 today, only 2,000,000 Exp to go... :indiff:

That’s quite the grind, much more than I was expecting.
I figured I'd get some more time in during my lunchbreak today so I fired up the game on my work machine, which I haven't played on in a while.

The game has only gone and synced that machine to the Gran Turismo server instead of pulling my latest save from home.

Long story short, I'm down to Level 35 :nervous:

They used the Nordschleife endurance glitch
They beat 50 lvl before this glitch was found - 1st player with platinum described how he got XP fast but it was not the fastest way

Damn, I thought lvl 42 was getting there, turns out it's only 25% of the journey
Frustrating, huh?! I was shocked too when begin to gather info in this thread

They used the Nordschleife endurance glitch.
To be fair, the "endurance glitch", as in N100 car vs Gr. 1 with max fuel consumption isn't really anything compared to the previous pitlane glitch.

Which may or may not still work.

LvL 50 is right where it should be, far away in the future and hard to achieve, it would be wrong if everyone was there after a few months..

I'm wrong then :P

Jerome

To be fair, the "endurance glitch", as in N100 car vs Gr. 1 with max fuel consumption isn't really anything compared to the previous pitlane glitch.

Which may or may not still work.
That's the glitch I'm referring to. It's set up in exactly the same way (less the fuel consumption) because that generates the maximum amount of reward - 1,500XP. The glitch simply allows you to achieve the payout in 30 seconds rather than 11 minutes.

I wouldn't refer to the fact that the AI is too dumb to use Fuel Map settings as a glitch.

That's the glitch I'm referring to. It's set up in exactly the same way (less the fuel consumption) because that generates the maximum amount of reward - 1,500XP. The glitch simply allows you to achieve the payout in 30 seconds rather than 11 minutes.

I wouldn't refer to the fact that the AI is too dumb to use Fuel Map settings as a glitch.
Yeah, doing it effectively could net you like ~150,000 XP per hour.

True, the AI in GTS is just like in all other GT's. Useless.

True, the AI in GTS is just like in all other GT's. Useless.
Ah, they're alright. They make some stupid moves, true, but they have some personality now. They move to defend lines and everything. It's just that the Fuel Map isn't part of their programming :lol:

Ok, maybe this is just my perspective, but why are so many people bent on getting to level 50 in the first few months of a game that will be around for the next few years?

GT6 released almost four full years before GT Sport. We are likely looking at at least that much time in GTS. What's the rush?

You have until Christmas of 2021 to get to level 50.

Ok, maybe this is just my perspective, but why are so many people bent on getting to level 50 in the first few months of a game that will be around for the next few years?
Trophy-hunting. There's a silver trophy for it, and if you don't get it you can't get the platinum. There's also people who want to be first to everything.

Really, I'd need to do it for GTP's resources - I just haven't had the time to do it yet :lol:

Well that xp needed for 50 level is frustrating.Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it that hard to reach to 40 level in GT5? Both A and B spec.By the way I guess pitlane glitch is still working though. :lol:

Back