How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
I'm 16, i've been playing since i was 5 years old (1997)
I still remember playing arcade mode with the corvette and finishing in last place :(

Can't even remember when I first started playing GT1, but a friend of mine who never play racing game introduced me to the game. I've been hooked since. Completed GT2, GT3, GT4. I'm 36 now with GT5 and active. I play it every chance I get. Ever since GT1, everything else seems too trivial.

hi you guys i have being playing GranTurismo for a long time i will name the list for you GranTurismo, GranTurismo 2, GranTurismo 3 A-spec, GranTurismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, GranTurismo 4 Prologue, GranTurismo 4, GranTurismo HD and GranTurismo 5 Prologue. The first GranTurismo game i was only 11 years old now 22 years old around about 12 year i have been playing GranTurismo in my life. GranTurismo is the real driving simulator game nothing will bet it i played other race game V8Supercars on ps2 Forza 2 MotorSport, RacePro and Ferrarl Challenge they are good drive games to play but i still think GranTurismo is 10x more amazing then any other race games out there. And i can't wait for GranTurismo 5 in 2010 to come out it will be amazing. thank you byb:)

Alright I heard someone mention kids.
Heres a post for My Son.

He started a few weeks ago, uses G25 but Dad uses pedals for him.

I forget what he ranked on HSR with the 07 Sti But He did Rank something.
:) Ok so he uses auto, He is Four.

I'm 26 years old as of the date of this post. I've been playing Gran Turismo since about maybe 1998 or so. I've completed at least 75% of every GT I've played, including completing (but not beating) Gran Turismo 1. I've won a handful of endurance races. Never all-golded any license tests, though I do have the distinction of "all-Silver" in Tourist Trophy. If I reckon correctly, this qualifies me as a proper Gran Turismo veteran. If there was a GTPlanet club for Gran Turismo veterans, I'd be on that list.

18, It first got my attention when my cousin was playing GT on his playstation ( long time ago can't remember the exact age I was) and was always intrigued to play it but didn't get any serious until I started playing GT4

30, been playing since GT1 in 1998.

Most played and enjoyed are GT2,3 and GT5p.

Greatly anticipating GT5.

Have played many driving games from Pole Position on arcades to Atari2600, C64, Amiga 500, Sega Master System and Megadrive games like Monaco GP, Lotus Esprit, Outrun, Indy 500, Spyhunter, Chase HQ, Test Drive, Hang On (motorbikes). Some PC games Formula One Grand Prix from MicroProse. I remember buying a game for Megadrive at microbyte in Manchester arndale and seeing this running in the shop with huge poster campaign for release, couldn't believe the state of the art graphics lol.

Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge very smart game on Amiga 500
lotus1003.png

Edit:Picture added to imageshack

Last edited:
I have kids older than probably 90% of you. What gets me is my sons, got me hooked on Gran Turismo. And i play with my grandson more than them.

I'm 37, playing since '99 or 2000, almost always with one type of wheel or another.

Strictly single player/2-player stuff until I got bored with GT4 and discovered GTPlanet's Weekly Race Series (WRS), since then it's been a complete obsession.

I have kids older than probably 90% of you. What gets me is my sons, got me hooked on Gran Turismo. And i play with my grandson more than them.

man that's awesome, I wish I could get my old man into the series (and boy have I tried!!)

31 and since it came out. amazing how i was never into cars at all, until i got hooked on GT. now i'm building a modified class rwd Daytona ;)

20, i started when GT2 came out. But I got my first taste when one of my friends got the original when it came out.

14, I started when GT1 came out, my father got it because I liked playing with cars, and got me the game, and I was like "Cool".

I'm 33 and I've played on every version of gt since it 1st appeared, I don't get to play as often as I would like at the minute due to work commitments but I can still mix it with the best drivers online. As soon as gt5 hits the shelves I will be taking a week off to fine tune my lines on all the new tracks which will hopefully be in the new game

i'm 23 and i started playing gt more than ten years ago since it first came out. i have completed gt1, gt2, 96% in gt3 and 99.7% in gt4 i have not played gt5 prolouge as yet i am still waiting for the full version since the prolouges/demos just spoil the whole suspence while waiting to see what it really looks like.

I'm 16, and been playing since the Gran Turismo's release back in 1998.

I own every single game, also Concept, and I look forward to Gran Turismo 5... ;)

I'm 25 and I played GT since its Japanese release Christmas 1997, got in early January 1998. I own GT1,2,3,C2001T,4P,4,5P,TT as Japanese first release original (GT2 also as US). Always imported them right at the beginning and always will.

Rarest part in my GT collection is the GT2000 demo for PS2. One of about 1000, handed out only at one event in Tokyo.

GT started my passion for Japan and Japanese cars. Have been to Japan several times and it's also the reason why I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX STi !

GT 👍

Max_DC - it is cool to know that there are people with quite similar story as me !! :)
I'm 28, started playing since GT1 release day and GT1 got me interested in Japanese cars and later in Japan in overall ! (along with VF games...) But my favourite is and always will be R34VspecII :) I was afraid I'm too old to play but once I read this topic... :) I only played GT1,GT2,GT3,GT4,GTHD and now GT5P JP version - no special versions like GTGeneva or something like that. I have seen your game collection Max_DC - I assume your Japanese is perfect ? mine is so so :( ;)

30, been playing since GT1 in 1998.

Most played and enjoyed are GT2,3 and GT5p.

Greatly anticipating GT5.

Have played many driving games from Pole Position on arcades to Atari2600, C64, Amiga 500, Sega Master System and Megadrive games like Monaco GP, Lotus Esprit, Outrun, Indy 500, Spyhunter, Chase HQ, Test Drive, Hang On (motorbikes). Some PC games Formula One Grand Prix from MicroProse. I remember buying a game for Megadrive at microbyte in Manchester arndale and seeing this running in the shop with huge poster campaign for release, couldn't believe the state of the art graphics lol.

Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge very smart game on Amiga 500
lotus1003.png

Edit:Picture added to imageshack

Chronos I also remember good old times of Lotus Esprit game - man that was so cool - played it at my friend's house because I never owned A500 (only Atari 65XE, Pegasus, PS1, PS2, PS3) and you can't forget the best A500 racing game - JaguarXJ220 - maaaan I love that car since that game !
I guess I'm into racing games too because I played most of it that had ever been released ;) - Old Test drive games, Outrun on arcade cabinets - man that was fun :) Pool Position, SegaRally on Arcade and Sega Saturn (my cousin had SegaS), some game in witch you raced along USA (on Atari don't remember the title ), Spyhunter, a game in witch you played as a rock music fan? on motorbike, could dress him and dress your bike...? WRC games, the best of F1 games - F1'97 - that graphics was killing at that time ! Porsche Boxter game, VRally, Colin McRea games...
At the moment I do my best in GT5P as all of us - until GTHD played with behind the car view and AT than switched to bumper+MT "and never looked back" ;) ultimate step will be guying G25 or any other wheel but not before GT5 release I'm afraid :/

Sorry for too long post and for too many typos and grammar errors.

Last edited:
Iam 29 and have been playing since the first one was released. Finished all of them as much as anyone can.

My rarest version I have played is an internal damage modeled north america gt2, released in very small numbers and pulled out in exchange for the faster framerate no internal damaged one among other things.

Chronos I also remember good old times of Lotus Esprit game - man that was so cool - played it at my friend's house because I never owned A500 (only Atari 65XE, Pegasus, PS1, PS2, PS3) and you can't forget the best A500 racing game - JaguarXJ220 - maaaan I love that car since that game !
I guess I'm into racing games too because I played most of it that had ever been released ;) - Old Test drive games, Outrun on arcade cabinets - man that was fun :) Pool Position, SegaRally on Arcade and Sega Saturn (my cousin had SegaS), some game in witch you raced along USA (on Atari don't remember the title ), Spyhunter, a game in witch you played as a rock music fan? on motorbike, could dress him and dress your bike...? WRC games, the best of F1 games - F1'97 - that graphics was killing at that time ! Porsche Boxter game, VRally, Colin McRea games...
At the moment I do my best in GT5P as all of us - until GTHD played with behind the car view and AT than switched to bumper+MT "and never looked back" ;) ultimate step will be guying G25 or any other wheel but not before GT5 release I'm afraid :/

Sorry for too long post and for too many typos and grammar errors.

villainpl, how could I leave out JaguarXJ220 :dopey: but I actually bought that on the Sega Mega-CD, it was the best version (I think) with super smooth scrolling.

Not sure what you mean by Rock music fan? Spy Hunter is a top down driving action game in pursuit of enemies. The arcade cabinet had a wheel. Awesome looking cabinet. I used to go to the arcades a lot and play these with the wheel. It had about 10 wheel cabinets with different boards added regularly.

What about Continental Circus, everyone must've had a copy of that on their spectrum, amiga, C64 whatever.

F197 is a great game, probably my most played F1 game. The later ones seem to go worse. I still have V-rally and Colin Mcrae rally on PS1. The first Colin Mcrae is still a fun game, banking up in those corners. Love the feel of the cars. CM 2.0 seemed worse to me. I didn't get that feeling of connection with the tracks, like the Australian tracks for instance.

Good luck on getting your G25. I have one but I'm thinking of a Fanatec but going to wait to see what models are available if and when I get an xbxo360 and Forza 3.
:)

Back