How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
27 and my first encouter with the GT series was with GT1 years ago (about 10 of them). After that brief contact came the time when I used PC for gaming. This came to end in 2008 - last year bought the PS3 and GT5P at the same time. It was about time to get us reaquinted.

29 And have been playing since 1998. I own or have owned every NTSC version, and would still have them if my girlfriend (now wife) wouldn't have given away GT1 and GT2 to one of her coworker's children. The only ones I didn't buy on release day were GT1 (didn't know about it) and GT5(didn't have a PS3 yet).

Ok, so (correct me if I am wrong) our youngest is 9 and our oldest is 61! Wow that is some variation. Goes to show the pull of Gran Turismo. Lets hope GT5 is released before my 61st!! lol

Wow so many stories.

I bought Playstation for one game only. it was 98-99.
I have only had eight games in a decade Five were GT.

Bought WRX due to gameplay, then upgraded to STi a few thousand miles later.

I am 34 years old, Father of Two and I am sorry I hit you on the track. :)

I`ll be 37 this year, race GT since the begining. Find that most other racers just dont come close to GT, although i did dabble with LFS, but my laptop just wasnt up to it!!

I just turned 30 and have been playing GT since mid 1998,starting out with GT1 and have played,GT2,GT3,GT4P,GT4,GT5P

Hi I’m thirty and have been driving since I was a young boy and love anything to do with motorsports. I’ve always been a console owner and haven’t tried many PC racing Sims, and the only game I’ve always had which was permanently in my Sony box at anytime in my life was Gran Turismo absolutely love the series. I wish I had kept all the ones I had.

Anyway, I hope there are some other old fogies like me?

Who you calling an old fogy, looks like I maybe in the top age bracket at (56) years, my hands don’t work to well, my eyesight is failing, but still give one or two a run for their money, I wish. :sly:

Had all the Gran-Turismo series concept’s, prologues GT1 through GT4, Tokyo something or other, god thinking back that’s a lot of hours sat in front of this, no wonder my eyesight is failing, would that fall into the sad bracket to think of the days, hell months or if like me you have done some of them from start to finish more than once, could even be a year of your life gone. 🤬

17 and I've played/owned GT1, GT2, GT3, GTConcept 2002 Tokyo/Geneva, GT4:Prologue, GT4, GT5:Prologue

GT3 = The best racing game EVER

I'm 27 and I've been playing GT since GT2. I never owned a PS1 so my GT1 & 2 action came in the form of a PC emulator. Had to do some man whoring to save up for a PS2 and promptly bought GT3. I also had my PS2 modded so I could play GT4 Prologue and the Concept versions. Now I am a helpless addict awaiting GT5.

I'm 34 and have been playing the GT series since '97 when GT1 came out and was instantly hooked. The graphics, the replays tuning and race spec'ing cars, the memory card battles with my friends, it was like nothing I'd played before. The furious battles continued all the way through GT2, 3 and 4! And now we're almost upto GT5, and yep me and me bestest buddy are still racing each other, though not the all nighters they used to be and always on my PS3 as he doesn't have one yet...haha!

I'm 23 (be 24 in June) and I've been playing since GT2.

as I stated in another thread, I've been hooked ever since I played GT2 for the very first time. I've played other Racing Games, but, to me, nothing compares to the excitement and anticipation of an upcoming Gran Turismo.:)

Some of you guys are 9. I was like 9 when the original ping pong game was developed! Played a little Nintendo over the years, PacMan, Tetris, etc. on the kids game consoles, but never a racing sim.

Bought a PS3 for the new Sony HD for the grandkids to play games and me and the better half to watch Blu Ray movies (March '08).

My son-in-law shows up last August with a "game" he wants me to try. He explained the buttons on the sixaxis and we raced a two person race. I was awful - driving backwards, plowing through sand at 115 mph, coming to instant stops against barracades that are 150 yards off the track, etc, but became instantly addicted. The wife was alarmed a short time later when she sat on the new couch in the cushion thats in the center of the TV and discovered it was completely crushed. I put 10 years of normal couch butt time on it in just a few months. She does not like the game!

Same son-in-law gets me a DFGT for Christmas. She now does not like him anymore. The addiction is now total.

I'm starting to get somewhat comtetitive and confident enough to race occassionally on line. Dranddad and DaddyVDub - you are not alone!!

I'm 58 and still feeling like a kid.

This forum has helped me a whole lot by the way! Thank you guys and kids!!!

I'm 36 and have been playing GT Since the very first one. Completed GT1, 2, 3, AND 4. Over the years i have had less time to devote time to the GT Series but i am still as quick as i was in my youth.......considering i started when i was 23 while living in America, Hartford CT. NUFF RESPECT TO THE HART BEAT......"PROTECT YA NECK SON"

I'm 20 and I'm a big noob, I've only been playing for a couple months :lol:

My boyfriend got me addicted to it (he loves cars and such and is a big fan of the GT series)... I never thought I'd actually like it but here I am racing almost every day now. He got me started with GT5 Prologue and I still play that at his place, and I bought a copy of GT3 for myself. Had a bunch of fun saving up my credits to recreate his 2nd-gen Mazda RX-7 :)

I feel like I'm the only girl who's into this game though, but I'm used to it since I'm usually an FPS gamer and rarely find other girls in that genre either :indiff:

I'm 24 and I have been playing Gran Turismo since the days of GT1 and have owned all the full versions GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 and when it comes out, I will be buying GT5:)

I feel like I'm the only girl who's into this game though, but I'm used to it since I'm usually an FPS gamer and rarely find other girls in that genre either :indiff:

You are not the only female GT racer here but there is very few, always nice to get more, welcome. 👍

BTW my 6 year old niece likes to get her hands on GT5P (I think she likes playing with the wheel more though). :P

You are not the only female GT racer here but there is very few, always nice to get more, welcome. 👍

BTW my 6 year old niece likes to get her hands on GT5P (I think she likes playing with the wheel more though). :P

It will be that, my 3 year old niece always climbs onto the chair to play with the wheel if it is setup when she comes round. I wonder what would happen if I let her play GT5p, she probably won't like the ffb very much, maybe she will leave my wheel alone then. :sly:

Haha

I actually put a replay on while my niece 'plays' or I do the driving with the DS3 while the G25 is dissconnected :lol:
When I let her play on her own she gets no where..... yet.

She enjoys the wheel so much I give her my DFP to use out of the way so she doesn't mess up my G25 setup. :)

17...didn't have a ps1 so no 1 (but playing 2 on the PS3), then everything up to 5P.

First car on 3 - MX5
First on 4 - Nissan Skyline

I'm 25 and i played it from the very beginning, 10 years ago...

I grew up with it, got addicted to sigarettes by it, ( i needed to do smth while watching replays:)) got to know how to handle cars on the limit by it, it even shaped my choice of cars in real life...

Gt1 was great but the moment gt2 came out.... The cars you could choose on a simple ps system. Unbelievable...

Best series ever!

Back