How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
I've been playing GT series since I'm 3 years old. I'm 18 now. :cheers:
Same here! Well, I'm not 18 for a few months but I also started when I was 3 on GT2. I recall the prospect of racing on anything other than Tahiti Road, Super Speedway or city tracks being terrifying, the wall was my only brake pedal and remembering the turning points for Midfield was beyond me; obviously, I got over it.

I was 6 years old when I got my PlayStation for Christmas back in 1998, for being a good boy, of course. Along with it came a demo disk (I'm sure some of you guys remember those) and on it were a few demo games including Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider II, and of course, Gran Turismo. So you can say I first played the GT1 demo, then the full GT1, and I've played all the main GTs so far 👍

I'm 15 years old. My first game was a playstation 1 and one of the games i loved to have fun with was GT2. I only got my PS2 at 2007 and my PS3 2012's Xmas. To be fair, at the time i was terrible at GT2. I used gameshark and had fun using Escudo and i really liked that. My deceased uncle used to play with me, he always used a Corolla rally car on Rome Circuit on Clubman Cup. Also, me and my brother used to race each other with Escudos and he always ended up winning.
Now these days, i'm not interested in GT6. But i'm still loyal to the GT Series, and i really like to play the good old ones.

My favourite GT is GT2. Despite being old and outdated, it's still charming. If GT7 manage to remake the awesomeness with GT2, without it's problems i would love to play it. GT2 also happens to be my first game and the only that i got all gold on every license tests and man, how much i love to see that GT-ONE on my garage.

I'm a 15 years old. I started GT after my dad had introduced to the series, and after I figured out how to use the GT game was GT2, but I never had under stood that you needed to slow down into the corner ( I just kept it flat out even at Seattle Circuit). Then I moved one to GT3 with some success, but the AI kept walking by me, but I was still having fun. I had also had my tries at the NFS series and others but always came back to GT. Then in GT4 I could get around the track without mowing the lawn, and being able to give the AI a good fight (and getting lost around the Nurburgring). In GT5 me and my dad had set up to PS3 so was had are own sides. I enjoyed GT5 and have gotten to Level 40 A-spec and B-spec. Then finally got online and spent the last year before GT6 came out. Finally I really go into the GT community, then got GT6 and I can understand all your complaints about PD but lets admit it that they have a lot on there plate (GT7 is a lot already but trying make the GT fan base happy and get all the requests at the same time, tell that's possible, they already just nearly got 1200 cars onto the game but I didn't think we are getting the full pikes peek course and course maker, on the PS3, that is just impossible). Also I had finally got GT1 and love the game and try to balance my time between the two, but when online gets to be to much, I log off and put in GT1 in the PS3 (all the more fun) so enjoy your gaming.

33 and have been playing since GT1. Remember my tuned VR-4 and how much I wanted one back then. These days I only keep a game console in the house for GT and I will be in heaven when PD can finally get Porsche in the game.

I'm 22 and I've been playing since GT1 when I was like 6 or 7-ish, never played 4 which kinda sucks cause I heard it was really good. Although after all these years playing I still am not that great that driving. Maybe it's because I play if on and off, but that doesn't change how I fell about GT in general.

I'm 32 and I've been playing since GT1...I've all the titles yet, but i think that GT2 is the best of all...I've never played anymore like with GT2. Hour and hour just with my friends, some beer and anything else...

27, 3 months.

'Twas a Forza livery designer and top 160 on fujimi kaido new downhill B-Class. Xbox broke so whoop dee doo.
GT is really fun though, I'll admit that. Just waiting for the track maker so I can get some touge action. Hayll yea

22 in 1.5 months. I've been playing since 2002. My first GT game was GT3, then I played GT1, GT4, GT5, and GT6. I should get a copy of GT2, since I believe PSX games run on any PS3, correct?

I came back to GT6 for a little bit because my save got corrupted, and the X challenges were neat. Suzuka in the fan car on my DS3 was hell.

The regular X2014, not the junior or fan car, is hilarious. It almost feels as fast as the X2011.

Last edited:
I'm 43 and have been playing since the beginning of GT in 1998.

Actually, GT was my 2nd game, the first was Rapid Racer, which I got as a bundle with my PlayStation in 1997.

"MRTeam, post: 3321002, member: 92120"]Oldest fogie so far. 47 until July. Played and still have each one except the GT4 dealership. Online I'm .....tjger. Usually seen at Suzuka Inter with my blue Viper Tuned. Oh yeah, sorry to all if my snake bumped you.[/quote]
There Is a few I play with online that are in their 60's. No lie...

^Then join me. I'm 52 now.
Thursday night 8:00 PM EST.

There's a thread in the clubs and leagues section.
8PM blah, blah....... tarkus1 is the thread originator.

You could also send him or me a friends request.
Next thursday night it's Casual night. Basically a few short races around several tracks with various PPs.
Since April 17 th is the 50 Anny of the Ford Mustang thats what I'll be driving.

Since you're the new guy, you get to pick everything.

28, started with GT1 back in 1998 with a Pizza Hut Promo Demo Disc. The memories of driving the '91 NSX around Special Stage Clubman Route 5... Surely enough, my 12th birthday came up and since I already got a PS1 for christmas, the following day I picked up GT1 and beat it within a few weeks. Of course then came GT2, which took even longer to beat, but it was awesome whipping out the GameShark and getting infinite credits to buy the Escudo... :)

I'm 23, I've been playing since GT3, december 25'th 2002 to be exact.
started using a wheel in spring 2011 but it took me until spring 2012 to take the step to become more of a serious gamer.
Started to become really good I think around november/december 2012.
IMO, best of them all so far was GT4.:)

I'm coming summer 68 years. From starting of the series, when my son about 10 years.
But after on-line racing really started my intersest again. I don't race on-line like in lounges, but events/time trials
by gt. Week ago I found people looking for ghost drivers at the moment I have 4 friends from Gtplanet, best thing ever
In racing simulations.
And if someone likes to share this , I'm still looking few friends .
Waiting for FR my ID : mots63 ( at the moment 2 from USA, Canada, Austria and I'm from Finland )

My best regards for racing fans all over the world

Mots

Back