How old your car really is

  • Thread starter Thread starter TVC
  • 45 comments
  • 2,536 views
My Lexus is 29. The Honda is 39. Both cars will be lying about their ages soon enough...

Kind of meaningless; the Lexus is nearly 15 years old, and the Honda is 9.
 
The Acura is 10 years old. Not my "baby" anymore then.
 
My Camaro is 126.53266331658291457286432160804. :lol:
 
Apparently the GTI is 26 years old...
 
My brother's car: 49.5789. Despite this, it runs as well as a man in a wheelchair.
 
Thats Cool my 2001 Jetta is the same age as me 45. Think it feels better than me though. :sly:

Glad it aged better than I did.
 
Last edited:
My Prelude is about 60, and according to my math, my dad's CRX is about 156
 
My Prelude is about 60, and according to my math, my dad's CRX is about 156

Thats ok Asians life span is longer. :sly:
 
The camry is 126.7 years old, the celica is 120 years old. My cars are lame. I almost forgot to say, when I first calculated it I just divided by 88 instead of 1988...now that made me feel special.
 
Last edited:
Corolla
211500/1985 = 106.5

RX-7
18500/1994 = 9.3


So if you park a car and let it rot in a barn somewhere for 50 years, it doesn't get any older?
 
So if you park a car and let it rot in a barn somewhere for 50 years, it doesn't get any older?

Yeah that equation doesn't factor in the model year much.

Either way, 98 Malibu - about 49.5 years
 
Our crappy Corolla just past it's teens...

47k~miles/1998 = 23years old
 
That was fun. According to that page, the Colt is 18 years old.. It's a 91 :)
Feels like it's singing its last tunes, though.
 
4.7 years old = a 90 nissan 240sx.
 
8.9 years old for my 06 Z.

72 for my Escort!
 
Mine came out to a little over 45, not bad considering my car is 43 :D
 
Hmmmmm.

My '04 Colorado is 35 car years old
While my '67 Mustang is around 45 car years old.
(Thats assuming no one dinked with the odometer in the Mustang)
 
The Mini is 17.82 (actually 17), the Volvo is 102.91 (actually 18).

Edit: so that would make the 1966 Volvo P1800 that passed its 2.6 millionth mile in October 2007 1322.48 years old!
 
Last edited:
4.7 years old = a 90 nissan 240sx.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time believing you have a 9400 mile 240. You just counting engine miles or something?
 
3,300 / 2008

1.64 years old. My car is a little baby! :D The youngest on GTP so far.
 
I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time believing you have a 9400 mile 240. You just counting engine miles or something?
I was reading from my odometer
 
I used an approximation, I don't remember the exact mileage. (169,xxx miles)

170000/1990=85.427 years old
 
I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time believing you have a 9400 mile 240. You just counting engine miles or something?

There's a Norwegian S13 with 10k miles on it :)
 
238,450/1995= 119.5
:/
 
67.72 years old, but it has lots of life left. :)
 
The Si is 1.54 years old. :D
 
1965 Mercury Comet Cyclone with 350,847 miles on the odometer = 178.54809160305343511450381679389 human years old. Poor car. I wish I could drive it. It hasn't actually gone anywhere since '01.
 
'97 Eclipse GST - 64,000/1997 = 32 years old

'87 E30 325is - 178,000/1987 = 89 years old
 
Back