How realistic are the stock diffs

oohhh8yeah
Compared to their real life counterparts? What about the 250 GT0 Ferrari? It is 0IT, 0AS, 0BS. That is no limited slip? Anybody have a good 250 GT tune on sports?

I'm pretty sure no one can answer this. To tell how real anything in GT6 are vs real life you have to drive the exact car on the same track at same speeds. It's just pretty rare someone here would of actually been able to do this

Plenty of cars get assigned some pretty strange differential values.

I doubt PD went to any trouble with the GTO to get the differential accurate, if it just happens to be roughly close to real, I would think it would be by chance.

If they go to all the effort of physics modelling the cars by driving them etc surely they would have to have the right diff values as that's a drastic effect on how a car drives.

If they go to all the effort of physics modelling the cars by driving them etc surely they would have to have the right diff values as that's a drastic effect on how a car drives.

Too many in GT6 are too similar. I bet they have a list of less than ten, maybe even only by drive train?

I'm not sure how you would get a diff value and then translate it into the GT6 model? For example, my real world Miata has a torsen. It doesn't really have initial torque and different accel/decel values. It has helical gears that control the movement and that can only be change by changing out the gearing. The settings of Initial Torque, Accel and Decel are more fitting for the limited slip type LSDs that have clutch packs and tension springs.

They have the weight balance entirely wrong on many cars, so I'm not counting on them getting anything else right when it comes to car accuracy.

Back