HOW TO: Take Interior & Engine Shots.

• Thread starter |eG|
  • 346 comments
Thanks to the main page article, which features two shots from me (nice), here are some more, '69 Camaro race modified and VW Golf MKIV GTI race modified:

This makes you wonder, why did they go to all that effort to recreate the interiors on such a meticulous level if you can only see it through a glitch.

Why does PD do a lot of things?

To be honest, I would choose a bigger selection of events and a couple of the missed-out GT4 tracks over the mass of detail in the cockpit views any day. They used most of the Bluray disk's memory up by getting carried away with such things as cockpit view and face-tracking when, which could have been used to house a few extra (and rather amazing) tracks, and a few more events. For example, what happened to Seattle race track and the Blackpool Racers tournament?

Ahrweiler-TownSquare_3b.jpg

Resprayed black, presumably. I wish you could lose the decals on some cars when you respray, but that particular car still looks cool :)

Lol that windscreen wiper stalk on the right of the ford GT is exactly the same as the one in my real life Ford Fiesta.

Ford GT wins the award for the cheapest, crappiest interior from any high-dollar vehicle. When we had one for evaulation, I was shocked at how awful the aircon controls felt. You certainly don't buy them for the pleasure of operating the minor controls.

BTW I did actually post something about this back in November a day or 2 after the game came out. So technically I was one of the first members to find this. Not that it matters. Thats how I got the notebook pic that I posted in my CAMAROBOY69 GT5 pics thread.

Lolz, if it doesn't matter then why did you even bring it up? And then further bring readers attention to it by highlighting it in bold?

VERY cool. Don't forget lights on and off, makes a big difference in what the photos look like in some cars. The Maserati is one that there is a big difference if you turn the lights on. They actually look more dramatically different on my TV then on my computer. Notice the headlight knob doesn't move to on. Of the few cars I have tried taking photos, the Maserati was the easiest.

Off

Siena%20-%20Piazza%20del%20Campo.jpg

Lights on!

Citroen LM Race car. It doesn't need the lights on, lol.

Last edited:
How do you unlock these photomode locations? I feel like such a fool that I don't have them yet.

Don't. Its the Grand Tour in Special Events. I did the first 3 and unlocked 2, one being the Siena Plaza de Campo where you can do this. You have to be at least level 13.

How do you transfer the ps3 pictures to say on your pc?

On the XMB, install the Photo Gallery application. You then link it to a Facebook or Picasa account, both are free. In the game, you export the photos you want to the XMB. Then quit GT5, go to Photo Gallery and upload those to whichever you are going to use. OR, you can use a flash drive and transfer them after you send them to the XMB by copying them onto it.

Don't. Its the Grand Tour in Special Events. I did the first 3 and unlocked 2, one being the Siena Plaza de Campo where you can do this. You have to be at least level 13.

I'm lvl 25, and I have done the Grand Tour.. But didn't unlock them.

I'm lvl 25, and I have done the Grand Tour.. But didn't unlock them.

Really? Go back again. I did Bronze on 1, Silver on the second, Bronze the thrid and gave up on the rally. Between the races it announced I had unlocked two different places in Photo Gallery.

Really? Go back again. I did Bronze on 1, Silver on the second, Bronze the thrid and gave up on the rally. Between the races it announced I had unlocked two different places in Photo Gallery.

I've got 3 bronze medals, and 2 golden medals on the Grand Tour. I'll do the Bronze medals again now, see if that helps.

You need to start from the first race and play them in order. Before each race there will be a cutscene, watch the cutscene and you will unlock the locations.

Back