How's everybody doing so far? SLS AMG event

• Thread starter R063R
  • 514 comments
Congrats to EDDSKILL for securing the P1 in this short-lived modified TT event, an event that I dedicated 2 half hour sessions to, resulting in a sloppy 1'14.660 lap time.

Hopefully more future TT's are created, that rely purely on skill alone, as I also suck/have no interest in, GT-mode combo's, cheers.

Your first sector really let your lap time down, the other two sectors were quite good. You did very well considering your short running on the modified event.

Hopefully the update brings us that, now that GT5P has been taken offline. It would be good if they disable active steering like SRF.

A quick question if you don't mind answering, how do you find the G27 compared to the DFGT in terms of speed and consistency?

Your first sector really let your lap time down, the other two sectors were quite good. You did very well considering your short running on the modified event.

Hopefully the update brings us that, now that GT5P has been taken offline. It would be good if they disable active steering like SRF.

A quick question if you don't mind answering, how do you find the G27 compared to the DFGT in terms of speed and consistency?

A very good improvement. My DFGT wheel had poor force feedback, the main reason why I upgraded to the G27, the other reason being the G27's clutch, which I have yet to practice much with so far.

You also have superior braking sensitivity with the G27, the pedals are 90 billion light years better than the DFGT wheel, and this fact alone should be a good reason to upgrade;) The wheel is just made to last, DFGT is a good wheel, but not as solid as the G27.

A very good improvement. My DFGT wheel had poor force feedback, the main reason why I upgraded to the G27, the other reason being the G27's clutch, which I have yet to practice much with so far.

You also have superior braking sensitivity with the G27, the pedals are 90 billion light years better than the DFGT wheel, and this fact alone should be a good reason to upgrade;) The wheel is just made to last, DFGT is a good wheel, but not as solid as the G27.

You have similar reasons to why I want to upgrade so I will definately be upgrading in a few months time. I'll add I'm hoping for more tightness in the centre of steering but also less noise so I can play without disturbing people at night (Very hard to do with DFGT).

Braking lightly on the DFGT pedals is not the easiest thing to do as you have to restrict your foot and tap it slightly, someimes too light to register as you may know (Example, braking into first corner of Top Gear Test Track). 90 billion light years better sounds good to me 👍. The thing about it being built to last, I hear the X2010 can break the wheel so hopefully PD add full support for the G27 to avoid running into such problems. Out of interest, have you ran a combo that you ran on the DFGT and found yourself faster at all?

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate you responding as it is usually hard to get feedback off a person that is extremely fast and experienced on both wheels as there are not many who are ;).

No worries mate, I'm here to help;)

No I haven't compared any of my previous DFGT lap times with my new G27, I feel that there is a minimal need to do so anyway.

My G27 wheel will have no chance at breaking as my days of driving ultra fast, unrealistic cars in GT are well and truly over!

It's far easier to apply like 80 or 90 percent brake pressure than it is with the DFGT wheel, and this is obviously a pretty important feature in GT5.

No worries mate, I'm here to help;)

No I haven't compared any of my previous DFGT lap times with my new G27, I feel that there is a minimal need to do so anyway.

My G27 wheel will have no chance at breaking as my days of driving ultra fast, unrealistic cars in GT are well and truly over!

It's far easier to apply like 80 or 90 percent brake pressure than it is with the DFGT wheel, and this is obviously a pretty important feature in GT5.

I can understand why you have a minimal need to do so as you are usually at the top in the WRS events you participate in ;). I will be comparing though between a few other games to understand what areas I might have improved and what game benefits greatly from it. I think GT forces wheels / pedals like the G27 to an even playing field, but I'm not sure about games like F1 2010 as I seem to lack speed with no assists on that.

You will be getting an ultra fast car sent to you at the end of this week if you login unless a miracle happens that Vettel doesn't score a point and Button wins :sly:. I have only driven it on the Vettel X challenge and found it fun due to the immense sense of speed. Puts a smiles on Vettel's face and he drives F1 cars for a living, I guess we all find it fun in the moment.

Brakes sounds like they are a very good step up. Look forward to that.

Do you mind if I add you on PSN, that is if you have any space on your friends list? PR1VATEJ0KER recently added me after the event closed. I thought to myself it is good to have competition in the friends' rankings as it will motivate me to get better. I now see myself 2nd on that list and will be 3rd if I get to add you. I think leaderboards will be added in a few weeks time so will be good preparation for that.

Latest Posts

Back