How's everybody doing so far? SLS AMG event

• Thread starter R063R
  • 514 comments
i think pd should create two different leaderbords: one for wheel users and one for ds3 users. wheel users have a huge advantage

Some filter options would be sufficient. I'm also not very happy to be compared with users who drive with Active Steering option set to Strong. And I know guy who was 10th before reset of the leaderboards (without use of Active Steering) and he won't be competing again because Active Steering crap in leaderboards and no options to filter out them.

i think pd should create two different leaderbords: one for wheel users and one for ds3 users. wheel users have a huge advantage
Nope, sorry the pad is as fast as the wheel as shown time and time again. There are only a small minority that insist on perservering with the pad hence the small number of them high on the leaderboard.

Well if you're interested in judging car control sat watching YouTube videos try this test. Go into GT5, setup a split screen race, choose the stock Pagini Zonda from the recommended garage on sport tyres and drive a track you don't know flat out. No driving aids, have a feel of the car without practice and see how you get on. Don't forget you don't even get the dials and have only half the screen (in 3D) and can't hear your engine.

I've raced Eddskill a hell of a lot and because of my experience I'm always faster than him on lap 1,2,3 and then that's my lot by lap 4 I am forced into thinking of finding ways of catching up or pulling away by using situation/circumstance tricks in setup or other conditions I normally have no opportunities driving-wise to go faster after that.
There's always someone that wants to pick fault in everything on an internet forum isn't there, be a bit more positive Ali please.
Its easy to pick fault, try being more positive and then you can channel that into finding out where the extra pace comes from.
If you look at my post history, you will see I’m always positive towards the fast drivers, especially Edward recently if you go a few pages back. He is exceptional both on the pad and with the wheel. I’m just surprised seeing that video for the first time that he looked very human. He did spin out quite often so it is not just about knowing the track though, I think it is also about the car. I have driven the Pagani Zonda R in the game before and can understand why he could lose it but he did it quite often and I thought a player of his quality would have got on top of it quicker than most drivers. He also beat you in the semi finals so obviously he has the ability to drive well in similar conditions, I’m just saying I found it surprising how he did in the final event knowing what he is capable off.

I will try what you mentioned though. Incidentally I did try this seasonal event with no sound and first lap was a 1:15.8 so I’m not really affected by sound, I rely more on visual and steering wheel feedback.

Na the pad is not even in the same ball park.
The top pad players always amaze me how close they can get to the top wheel users. I have just driven a few laps on the pad just now and it is much more understeery and you can’t turn in as much or as precisely. Still first complete lap was good enough for Gold and I was all over the place. Will see now if I can do a pad time in the top 250 with my GTP account.

I will most likely get knocked out the top 10 once you set a lap so have you got plans to run today ;)?

Since my wheel is broke, just tried with DS3, ranked 4000th about 4 tenths away from gold.
I can get about a second quicker but this red lap system is getting on my nerves, when I screw up in the first lap I don't need to be reminded in the next one 👎

davissi
Nope, sorry the pad is as fast as the wheel as shown time and time again.

The point is that driving really fast with wheel is physically much easier than driving really really fast with a pad. It's possible as been demostrated by some fews but I bet the trial & error phase is much more cruel than with a wheel. So I do think it is not a fair comparison.

Just did a run on the pad, I have checked and on the EU leaderboard top 250, I'm the only person to match EDDSKILL :sly:. I did a 1:16.240 exactly 2 seconds off, what are the chances of that happening. That puts me 193rd, can prove by at least 5 tenths but not going to bother. People playing with a pad should get a wheel if they can, so much more fun. It is a bit more frustrating on a pad but you should be able to get in the top 10 with one. You can't correct in mid corner as easily as with a wheel, like you can see in my current 10th place lap.

Na the pad is not even in the same ball park.

+ 1 agree mate.
Chat soon bye for now.:)

One thing I will say tho is a lot say the D-pad is just as quick.? Not sure?
But regarding the acceration of the X button What I use in comparision to a peddle or R2 would be a lot harder to control.?
Plus the sticks I can not get used to them.:( So never use them.
And has for a wheel its just not for me. I can not drive so yes it would be a totally new experience:)
Bye for now.:)

Last edited:
yesssss i did it! 17: 5xx i have tried with tc and active steering but i wasnt able to go under 18: 4xx then i came back to my good old abs 1 everything else off, and got the gold! christara x and square for me too, but i steer with the analog stick

Just thought I'd post this while I can. Amazing to be ahead of Arnaud and also close to Dan even though both did not use Active Steering. I guess in a few hours this will change and I'll be many tenths down. I'm waiting for the leaderboards to mature before attempting it again since doing a sub 15 time.

21mrw5x.png

This is a seriously difficult event. I finally got my time within striking distance of gold at 1:18.537. I am really pleased to be sub 1:19 because that has been a challenge. I don't know if I will get the gold before the event closes but I will keep trying.

Not very many gold winners in NA as I am ranked 966 and am over .5 sec away.

What gives with the online rankings? Is "Active Steering" the setting with off, mild, or strong? If it is, then the rankings presented online are not showing a complete picture. There is no one shown as having the active steering on mild or strong, but when viewing them through the PS3 while in the time trial, there are some (including myself) that have the setting on strong! Is this a different setting than "Active Steering"

If it's the same setting, then I guess we will have to throw out all the times again and start over! LOL

1:16.240 on DS3, D-Pad, x and square, maybe can do 1:16 flat but my fingers hurt so bad :ouch:

Ran a quick half hour session settling for a 14.9, I probably won't try it with active steering as it's not very aesthetically pleasing. More to come at a later date, hopefully.

1:16.240 on DS3, D-Pad, x and square, maybe can do 1:16 flat but my fingers hurt so bad :ouch:
Look at my post on the last page, you did the exact same time I did on a pad. Amazing.
Ran a quick half hour session settling for a 14.9, I probably won't try it with active steering as it's not very aesthetically pleasing. More to come at a later date, hopefully.

The event is closing on the 1st of October. You are just above me, until davissi just managed to beat my time a few minutes ago by 0.008 I think a 5XX time will be required from me to have a chance of finishing in the top ten and I may have the sector pace to just do it but I know I have very little chance of pulling it off on one lap. I will aim for 6XX - 8XX.

Ugh I golded it already but now that damn cheat thing is fixed and they took away the gold. I don't think I'm even gonna bother trying again

Well done to EDDSKILL on his new time of 1:14.186 :bowdown:.

I'm currently ahead of the time Dan set on his 30 minute run making me the 2nd fastest Brit again 👍. I was a tenth behind going into the last corner and managed to make nearly 2 tenths back. Just need to do a decent lap all round and I think I can shave 2-4 tenths off if I get it all together. Will be hard to get in top 10 by the looks of things once the top guys improve their times / set a time.

I'm currently ahead of the time Dan set .

Afcors you are ahead of him because u use active steering.. and can you explain whats so great in eedskill result, he also use active steering.. i vould love to se his result whit all aids off.. yours too..

Can you explain to me or the auditorium of gtplanet whats so great in making a result using aids..? its a completely different car whit all aids off.. especialy active steering..

Decho stop acting like a spoilt child, the advantage Ed has is just as much about applying the throttle that it is about steering and also what about all the psychological factors? He obviously is very good at achieving times closer to his potential than the rest of us that are on great laps but throw it in the hedge. Thats the single most important skill.

I hate to disagree whit you because active steering do afect applaying the throtle.. its almost the same as whit TC on..

Afcors you are ahead of him because u use active steering.. and can you explain whats so great in eedskill result, he also use active steering.. i vould love to se his result whit all aids off.. yours too..

Can you explain to me or the auditorium of gtplanet whats so great in making a result using aids..? its a completely different car whit all aids off.. especialy active steering..

I did say on my post on the bottom of the last page that I did achieve it with it on. However I think it just improves consistency, and gives a maximum of a tenth or two. I did the event before it got reset and got a sub 15 time without active steering.

EDDSKILL result with it off would still put him at the top, no doubt about that in my mind. Without it for me, I think I can still improve my time by a few tenths, I mainly use it due to people faster than me are also using it but also due to the added tightness in the centre of the DFGT which improves consistency for me.

Can you see how much faster for you it is? You don't have to register your time if you don't want to if you beat it with it on. I know some people on here thought that corner cutting would bring them seconds closer when it only improved times by about 4 tenths at a maximum.

Sure I can do this even till the end without active steering and say I'm such and such fastest without it and I might do but as a virtual racing driver I will try and do the fastest time I can do and both can be a bit even on performance. For some people to go fast it is cranking the TC up to say 5 and also the ABS, while some people prefer driving with no ABS regardless of lap time. I have seen on the wheel section that someone thought upgrading from a DFGT, to say a G27 could gain them about 8 seconds due to better pedals, but I'm a realist and I would hope for a tenth improvement but more importantly consistency.

I'm doing for the fun of it, if this an event for something, like GT Academy, I would expect you would need a time a 1-3 tenths off EDDSKILL's best time to be in the top 20 just in the UK let alone the whole of EU. Soon as there is not that many competing and as competitively, my aim is to finish the highest Brit behind EDDSKILL but davissi and a few others will make sure I'm not and they are. Top 10 will be amazing but I think very unlikely come closing date.

I only started trying this event yesterday. Had been putting a lot of hours on GTR2 in PC. Anyhow, I was able to get 1.17.94x (rannked in the 800s) after a couple of hours with ABS 1 and everything else off. Fanatec Wheel.

By the way, is there any way of knowing how many players are ranked overall currently? Like to know if this is 800 out of how many players in total? You know, it's not the same to be 800 among 2000, than among 10,000. Just wondering. Thanks

I only started trying this event yesterday. Had been putting a lot of hours on GTR2 in PC. Anyhow, I was able to get 1.17.94x (rannked in the 800s) after a couple of hours with ABS 1 and everything else off. Fanatec Wheel.

By the way, is there any way of knowing how many players are ranked overall currently? Like to know if this is 800 out of how many players in total? You know, it's not the same to be 800 among 2000, than among 10,000. Just wondering. Thanks

Are you on the North American leaderboards. That is not that competitive compared to the EU one, my current time would put me 2nd on there. I think the EU one has around 80,000 I guess, don't know about the North American one. You can check if you have another account by running a really slow lap if you have yet to set a time.

decho take that :sly:.

120m1e1.png

Still yet to do a lap I'm happy with, even on the ghost of my fastest lap I've been a couple tenths up and thrown it away on entry to the 2nd to last corner where I usually gain a further tenth on worse off laps. Hopefully I get a decent lap in where I'm happy I achieved close to my optimum.

Are you on the North American leaderboards. That is not that competitive compared to the EU one, my current time would put me 2nd on there. I think the EU one has around 80,000 I guess, don't know about the North American one. You can check if you have another account by running a really slow lap if you have yet to set a time.

Good Idea, I'll do that, run a slow lap with another account. Thanks. I know that Europe is a lot more competitive, and I am not an elite level driver. I just enjoy trying to improve my own times as much as I can. Also, is there any way of loading your ghost to analyze the driving? I haven't done many time trials before so I don;t know if it can be done, but I would really like to learn from fast drivers like you. Thanks.

Back