HTC Vive Pro & HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headset Thread

Is the cost for the device too prohibitive for consumers?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
So got the Vive Pro all set up and just spent the past hour in Project Cars 2 with it. It's a big improvement! The cockpit and HUD is so damn sharp now. SDE is only noticeable if you really look for it. Objects 200m down the track still appear a little blurred but anything closer than that is just spot on. The best way to describe it is to say it's a bit like the difference when we went from SD to HD TV's. The ergonomics of the headset is much improved and the headphones are pretty nice.

More info to follow as I play more but so far very happy. It's not quite a next gen headset but pretty damn close.

So got the Vive Pro all set up and just spent the past hour in Project Cars 2 with it. It's a big improvement! The cockpit and HUD is so damn sharp now. SDE is only noticeable if you really look for it. Objects 200m down the track still appear a little blurred but anything closer than that is just spot on. The best way to describe it is to say it's a bit like the difference when we went from SD to HD TV's. The ergonomics of the headset is much improved and the headphones are pretty nice.

More info to follow as I play more but so far very happy. It's not quite a next gen headset but pretty damn close.
Mine's in the mail! Can't wait. The main usage of VR for me recently has been sim racing. That upgrade will make me go down the VR rabbit hole all over again!

It’s a good job GPU prices are so ridiculous along with no new GPUs otherwise I’d probably have got a Vive Pro just to compare to the Rift.

Hopefully Oculus will show their hand soon.

It’s a good job GPU prices are so ridiculous along with no new GPUs otherwise I’d probably have got a Vive Pro just to compare to the Rift.

Hopefully Oculus will show their hand soon.
They're not expected until at least 2019 unfortunately.

At this point I’ve given up on the idea of getting a new PC anytime soon and just been upgrading my rig and HT instead, got a projector which is pretty sweet!

I’m not even all that bothered anymore about having to run on low-medium settings as I’ve got used to the drop from max.

Honestly, if Nvidia and retailers want to take the piss and hunt the miners for money they can have fun when that bubble bursts, I’ll spend my money elsewhere thanks, next up motion!

Alright, after a small mistake in the paperwork from Microsoft, mine is on the way for Monday! Can't wait to try sim racing and see the difference!

Back