Human Comedy Bac Mono Race Strategy

• Thread starter Snah2
  • 23 comments
First, get acquainted with the car. If you have never driven it before, you will have a hard time adapting. I did my entire 1st stint pretty much losing time to the leader because the car was just so bad to drive, it's a brick in corners, has no traction, and has waaaay too much oversteer, the good thing is that it's not hard to avoid spinning it, you can save it pretty easily.

If I had practice with the car beforehand and knew what strategy to do, I would've been very close to lap the entire field. Hard setting of course.

As LesFleus posted, pit every 20 minutes for tyres and fuel, fuel map on 1 and that's pretty much it.

I did my first stint on soft tyres and learning the car, for about the first 10 minutes, which at the meantime I completely destroyed my tyres. I did a pit stop at lap 9 and changed to mediums (wrong choice I know) and then did a pit stop when I had 14 minutes remaning, at which point I knew how to drive the car and knew that soft tyres were the way to go.

Average stint on mediums was between 2:06-2:07, my last stint with softs was on average 2:03, with a best lap of 2:02.350 Won by over 1 minute and 15 seconds. My first stint on softs I was lapping slower than the leader for the first few laps, averaging 2:07-2:08. The AI is particularly slow on the first sector... And pits with less fuel remaining than you.

BAC 1hr.jpg

Last edited:
Play with TC 2 or 3.
Even with wheel I cannot stay on TC 0, too slippery. Nothing special about race, I was outlaping IA.

I used Praiano's setup above and it's pretty good :cheers:

Pit at 20 minutes and be careful with your tires when you're 2-3 laps from pitting because this car can get a little out of control with worn tires.

Pitting at 20 minutes will give you 2 stops, with the next one at 40 minutes. You should have enough fuel for the last stint, but if not, don't worry, just take it easy on the last 2 laps and there will be more than enough.

You can do the whole race in soft tires, but I did my second stint with mediums and it wasn't so bad.

My laps were around 2:04-2:05 and it was enough to win by 40 seconds.

Take advatange of the first sector. The AI is really slow there so it's a good place to open a gap.

First, get acquainted with the car. If you have never driven it before, you will have a hard time adapting. I did my entire 1st stint pretty much losing time to the leader because the car was just so bad to drive, it's a brick in corners, has no traction, and has waaaay too much oversteer, the good thing is that it's not hard to avoid spinning it, you can save it pretty easily.

If I had practice with the car beforehand and knew what strategy to do, I would've been very close to lap the entire field. Hard setting of course.

As LesFleus posted, pit every 20 minutes for tyres and fuel, fuel map on 1 and that's pretty much it.

I did my first stint on soft tyres and learning the car, for about the first 10 minutes, which at the meantime I completely destroyed my tyres. I did a pit stop at lap 9 and changed to mediums (wrong choice I know) and then did a pit stop when I had 14 minutes remaning, at which point I knew how to drive the car and knew that soft tyres were the way to go.

Average stint on mediums was between 2:06-2:07, my last stint with softs was on average 2:03, with a best lap of 2:02.350 Won by over 1 minute and 15 seconds. My first stint on softs I was lapping slower than the leader for the first few laps, averaging 2:07-2:08. The AI is particularly slow on the first sector... And pits with less fuel remaining than you.

View attachment 1135850
2:02.350... you are very fast! Did you use a setup? Would be great to see how you drive for a 2:02.3xx. My best lap was a 2:03.8xx.

Edit: I have tried again this race but this time with racing brakes. My best lap was a 2:02.314.

Last edited:
I won this race with using all the time soft tires but last 5 minutes like a nightmare for me because my tires had no grip almost and last lap my fuel was so low.

Last edited:
I barely make it due to wrong strategy. I changed to mediums after the first stop and it slowed me down massively. Should always change to softs imo.

Softs: 2:04:xxx and Mediums: 2:10:xxx

FP-2GbXXoAME9QD.jpg

Last edited:
2:02.350... you are very fast! Did you use a setup? Would be great to see how you drive for a 2:02.3xx. My best lap was a 2:03.8xx.

Edit: I have tried again this race but this time with racing brakes. My best lap was a 2:02.314.
No setup... Just carbon ceramic brakes, racing suspension and set the max speed to 280 in the gears. No engine or power upgrades. That lap was also very messy, I had one moment in sector one where I almost spun (going into the tunnel).

A low 2:01.xxx is very possible. And with fine tuning it's likely possible to go into the 1:59s. The car is really, really bad to drive. It's up there with the worst cars I've driven in this game, if not the worst.

Just had an amazing race in this mission. Finished 2nd 8 seconds behind p1. If it wasn’t for the 1st stint where I was 35 seconds behind at some point, and the penalties I got I would have made it. Don’t mind doing it again. At first I was hating it but after adapting to the car it’s actually pretty fun. I’ll try praiano’s setup next time.

Go fast.

I hated the BAC, and still do, but with the first stint on SM, with SM's also for the second stint, when your fuel up for the last 6 or 7 laps, stick the SS's on, and you go from being 15 seconds behind to 15 seconds in the lead.

This race wasn't hard to win. Just follow two pit stop strategy and always on soft. I've never driven this car before, so I took first 15 mins for get the feel. Then I re-started a race and won by 1 lap. Best time 2:02,574. True is you don't have much clean laps as you are overtaking constantly some AI stupid drivers who are blocking you, braking on unpredictable spots etc, so I have no luck for clean race as AI ran into me when overtaking by one lap.
SHARE_20220411_0956280.jpeg

Was able to do the BAC Mono one hour yesterday. That was really fun; won by about a minute. Was cruising late with a 30 second lead and the car in second pitted on what was about to be the last lap.

That little car can be a handful, but it's fun. My strat was pretty simple - pit every ~20mins for S tires and fuel. Starts running dry at about 20 mins but she should make it on #1.

One tip is you can't add any power or reduce the weight at all or it won't qualify. But, you can do everything else. So, I added the Brembo brake kit, brake controller (to run -3) and modifyable LSD (for the brake level). With the engine in the back I was worried about stability.

This one was easy to win up 40+ seconds pitting every 20 minutes. Softs and no fuel saving needed. The AI really sucks in sector 1 too.

The BAC Mono still felt like a school bus to drive though.

driving chris farley GIF

Last edited:
The BAC Mono still felt like a school bus to drive though.
Glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. Never experienced so much understeer in any car before :eek:

Last edited:
I thought it was fun, 2 stopper, just used softs, 9/10/9 laps… but had to slow down 20 secs before the finish line to avoid doing another lap on dying tyres

Failed 1st attempt. Fastest lap was 2.05 !!!!
Average 2.08 :(
Need more practice.
Mite of won but the long pit entrance had me instinctively shift up a gear ..... riiiiight at the moment it asked what tyres so skipped the goddama tyre change and had to re put the next lap .... Happy I am not

Looking for something to punch

Last edited:
Yep, SS tyres, pitting every 20 minutes and won by 80 seconds. Averaging 2:00-2:02 and fastest lap of 2:00:170

Attachments

• 20230924_133749.jpg
    20230924_133749.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 13
I have tried everything I know to win this race with no luck. Silver, yeah. Right now I've got the car at a heavy downward angle but I think it's causing the diffuser, if it has one, to lose grip. I have also adjusted my gears to keep the car in it's higher torque range, will try it at 280 and flat next time.

Back