• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 1,161 comments
np :) I'll merge them together soon like you asked

here you are, I'll post updated versions when I find something new

Attachments

• Memory locations.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 90
:ouch:
Sorry about that, DS. I'm slightly slow tonight.:dunce: Either way, I think I got something wrong, I just put the save on the PS2 and checked the entire (very nice, by the way) garage for corrupt cars or anything odd that seemed accidental, and the second car wasthe Miata! Again, I'm pretty slow tonight. Also, I decided that testing all the cars in the save would be too risky tonight, I'll have to do it tomorrow.

that would be my older memory card btw, I've posted a newer one that has more cars. Same link you used before (I delete the old file + reupload new version w/ the same name). If you can view the car then its not corrupt, I believe it will work fine.

PS. Try the new savegame, black NSX-R = Ownage lol

edit2: moved my pics to the "hybrid pics" thread

np :) I'll merge them together soon like you asked

here you are, I'll post updated versions when I find something new

Thanks!

I'm gonna add LSD's next. Threw a Skyline AWD in my Spoon Accord. Rear end right tire could not keep power for the life of it! lol

((((VERY TIRED))))

Thanks!

I'm gonna add LSD's next. Threw a Skyline AWD in my Spoon Accord. Rear end right tire could not keep power for the life of it! lol

((((VERY TIRED))))

lol, I was up till goodness knows what time last night tuning my Lupo GTi1.8T/VWR32/S4 Awd Monster. Threw the adjustable VCD + LSD and that made a night n day difference!

I noticed, if you put AWD on a car, (no vcd) its stuck at like 10% for front distribution, AWD LSD on a FF car, rear gets stuck @ all 5's (likewise for FR/MR/RR). Lol always a good idea to set those up beforehand, sucks to have to go back to the pc to add in extra parts. Enuff bout that, gotta go work on my real-life hybrid lol.

lol, I was up till goodness knows what time last night tuning my Lupo GTi1.8T/VWR32/S4 Awd Monster. Threw the adjustable VCD + LSD and that made a night n day difference!

I noticed, if you put AWD on a car, (no vcd) its stuck at like 10% for front distribution, AWD LSD on a FF car, rear gets stuck @ all 5's (likewise for FR/MR/RR). Lol always a good idea to set those up beforehand, sucks to have to go back to the pc to add in extra parts. Enuff bout that, gotta go work on my real-life hybrid lol.

Yeh. If we apply a hybrid VCD does it show up in the list?

Adding VCD, and LSD to the app. An hour or and it should be done.

EDIT:

Just realized that VCD's come with the drivetrain. So we can't hybrid those individually. You'll have to use the purchasing program to buy one.

Yeh. If we apply a hybrid VCD does it show up in the list?

Adding VCD, and LSD to the app. An hour or and it should be done.

EDIT:

Just realized that VCD's come with the drivetrain. So we can't hybrid those individually. You'll have to use the purchasing program to buy one.

Well, I haven't tried the purchase code for VCD yet, but when I apply it (with the drivetrain), I just click the "configure wrench" and it lets me adjust it (even if it says STANDARD), just like the tranny's and suspensions. Would be nice if it shows as purchased, lol make the hybrids look more "official"

I wonder if I can use the purchase program to reflect "I purchased a Denso Supra Race Suspension" so that if I select it from the list it'll give me the denso suspension instead of the race suspension for the car??? Dunno if that worked in gt3 (never tried it), but wonder if its like that in gt4...

Well, I haven't tried the purchase code for VCD yet, but when I apply it (with the drivetrain), I just click the "configure wrench" and it lets me adjust it (even if it says STANDARD), just like the tranny's and suspensions. Would be nice if it shows as purchased, lol make the hybrids look more "official"

I wonder if I can use the purchase program to reflect "I purchased a Denso Supra Race Suspension" so that if I select it from the list it'll give me the denso suspension instead of the race suspension for the car??? Dunno if that worked in gt3 (never tried it), but wonder if its like that in gt4...

I dunno. Good question.

I'm gonna release a "VCD Tweaker" in about 20 minutes. Then I'll incorporate it into my Hybrid App.

EDIT: Wooo. NVM. Just got more complicated. Could be all day. lol

Wow, teknogeek, you change your avatar constantly! It's slightly disorienting, actually...

Death Scythe, I've tested your save, and it's excellent. All the cars I had the time and attention span to try out were brilliantly fun. The Beat could be tooled to do basically anything; I decided to run with N3's and 300hp for drift. The Alto Works Pikes Peak Edition (:dopey:) was hilarious to drive; it wanted to lift the inside rear wheel at seemingly random intervals during cornering, makes a complete idiot of itself, then proceeds to slaughter in the straightaways. I find it a good balance of power and traction. The Miata was actually slightly troubling. The two normal rotaries were powerful, but controllable, and did nothing to upset the balance of the car. The 787B motor didn't technically interrupt anything that I love about the Miata, but I just sat, third-person view, revving for 5 minutes, and couldn't get it through my head that this car was making this war cry of an exhaust note. I always thought that there was a 787B just out of frame at any given moment. Oh well, it's not your fault. Finally, I tried the suprisingly stylish R33 with highest power of the garage. I commend you both on the rim choice and the lack of a wing. Furthermore, I commend you on leaving the most powerful car unwinged. But, TCS of 5?! LSD?! VCD?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! I tossed all of them out the window and proceeded to drive beautifully through TMC. However, when I was stupid enough to countersteer while throttling, the ATTESA tugged me instantly into a spin. Over and over this occured, each time a bit more severe than the last. So it may be best to add LSD and/or VCD, but then, the GT-R has no point. It might as well be a Corolla! It's just a bad idea to give a true GT-R very high power. Also, I don't understand what's special about the low-power Corolla. Is it the wheels? I'm not quite sure that's an impressive hybrid, I do that automatically any time I buy an AE86 (having sold the previous one in frustration). Either way though, very impressive, and very extensively done. 👍

Speed Drifter, I'm really sorry, but I didn't get to testing your codes. I had a lot to do today, much more than I expected. I will make sure to do this before anything else on the PS2 tomorrow. BTW, if my assumption in the PM I sent you was incorrect, please tell me. I'm such a noob, forgive me.

EDIT: Damnit! The old lady took my PS2 again because I took too long going to the bathroom and writing this post. I'm sorry.

Working on an LSD Tweaker now. Hope to have it done sometime tomorrow. This should help with converting FF and FR cars to AWD without the hassle of the in-game LSD glitch.

teknogeek, just tried out your apps and they look promising :)

It's just the purchase app which isn't working properly, but I don't blame you
I think it would be much easier to use the code sucahyo made originally that makes all parts purchased (if you don't mind having port&polish and weight reductions always enabled :D)

Code:
NTSC2:
20A18CDC FFFFFFFF
20A18CE0 FFFFFFFF
20A18CE4 FFFFFFFF

NTSC:
20A1FC5C FFFFFFFF
20A1FC60 FFFFFFFF
20A1FC64 FFFFFFFF

PAL:
20A2AA5C FFFFFFFF
20A2AA60 FFFFFFFF
20A2AA64 FFFFFFFF

(Replace the first value with FF0FFEFF if you don't want any weight reduction)

I think it would be much easier to use the code sucahyo made originally that makes all parts purchased (if you don't mind having port&polish and weight reductions always enabled :D)

Code:
NTSC2:
20A18CDC FFFFFFFF
20A18CE0 FFFFFFFF
20A18CE4 FFFFFFFF

NTSC:
20A1FC5C FFFFFFFF
20A1FC60 FFFFFFFF
20A1FC64 FFFFFFFF

PAL:
20A2AA5C FFFFFFFF
20A2AA60 FFFFFFFF
20A2AA64 FFFFFFFF

so I would just put in
Code:
NTSC2:
20A18CDC FF0FFFFF
20A18CE0 FFFFFFFF
20A18CE4 FFFFFFFF
for everything but weight reduction? It wouldn't have the effect of having displacement+ or port-n-polish? Oh yeah, is it setting-dependent, like A, B, C or its a global change (for that car)?

Wow, teknogeek, you change your avatar constantly! It's slightly disorienting, actually...

Death Scythe, I've tested your save, and it's excellent. All the cars I had the time and attention span to try out were brilliantly fun. The Beat could be tooled to do basically anything; I decided to run with N3's and 300hp for drift. The Alto Works Pikes Peak Edition (:dopey:) was hilarious to drive; it wanted to lift the inside rear wheel at seemingly random intervals during cornering, makes a complete idiot of itself, then proceeds to slaughter in the straightaways. I find it a good balance of power and traction. The Miata was actually slightly troubling. The two normal rotaries were powerful, but controllable, and did nothing to upset the balance of the car. The 787B motor didn't technically interrupt anything that I love about the Miata, but I just sat, third-person view, revving for 5 minutes, and couldn't get it through my head that this car was making this war cry of an exhaust note. I always thought that there was a 787B just out of frame at any given moment. Oh well, it's not your fault. Finally, I tried the suprisingly stylish R33 with highest power of the garage. I commend you both on the rim choice and the lack of a wing. Furthermore, I commend you on leaving the most powerful car unwinged. But, TCS of 5?! LSD?! VCD?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! I tossed all of them out the window and proceeded to drive beautifully through TMC. However, when I was stupid enough to countersteer while throttling, the ATTESA tugged me instantly into a spin. Over and over this occured, each time a bit more severe than the last. So it may be best to add LSD and/or VCD, but then, the GT-R has no point. It might as well be a Corolla! It's just a bad idea to give a true GT-R very high power. Also, I don't understand what's special about the low-power Corolla. Is it the wheels? I'm not quite sure that's an impressive hybrid, I do that automatically any time I buy an AE86 (having sold the previous one in frustration). Either way though, very impressive, and very extensively done. 👍

Speed Drifter, I'm really sorry, but I didn't get to testing your codes. I had a lot to do today, much more than I expected. I will make sure to do this before anything else on the PS2 tomorrow. BTW, if my assumption in the PM I sent you was incorrect, please tell me. I'm such a noob, forgive me.

EDIT: Damnit! The old lady took my PS2 again because I took too long going to the bathroom and writing this post. I'm sorry.

Glad you liked the save, none of the cars were "tuned" per-say, I just set them up post-hybridding so they were usable. lol, sorry to hear your old-lady took your PS2 :nervous: The skylines were just testbeds for hybrids, I've redone them since now I have some more knowledge about hybriding. Yeah, the miata wierded me out w/ the 4-rotor, I usually drive it with the 13b personally in it. Altoworks was just a joke car, I had one in gt3 we called "glitch", I messed up with the power multiplier and had it @ 64x normal power.

-l8r

so I would just put in
Code:
NTSC2:
20A18CDC FF0FFFFF
20A18CE0 FFFFFFFF
20A18CE4 FFFFFFFF
for everything but weight reduction? It wouldn't have the effect of having displacement+ or port-n-polish? Oh yeah, is it setting-dependent, like A, B, C or its a global change (for that car)?

You need to be careful when playing with hex values :)
If you input that value it will only give you the third weight reduction. Change the sixth number to E, FF0FFEFF

It still gives you displacement/portnpolish/balancing etc, I didn't have time to work those off or something and no, they aren't setting-dependent, they act just like if you had normally bought them for your car :)

I had to something like quad-check that line to get it right, those values aren't the easiest thing to calculate

Code:
NTSC2:
20A18CDC FFFFFFFF
20A18CE0 FFFFFFFF
20A18CE4 FFFFFFFF

NTSC:
20A1FC5C FFFFFFFF
20A1FC60 FFFFFFFF
20A1FC64 FFFFFFFF

PAL:
20A2AA5C FFFFFFFF
20A2AA60 FFFFFFFF
20A2AA64 FFFFFFFF

Very nice :)

Yeh. I'm not too prod of that app. I'll probably combine all my apps together at one point(Hybrid Swaper, LSD and VCD tweaker), and add that code. Thanks ;)

I forgot to add setup A, B, and C support to the LSD tweaker :/

Very nice :)

Yeh. I'm not too prod of that app. I'll probably combine all my apps together at one point(Hybrid Swaper, LSD and VCD tweaker), and add that code. Thanks ;)

I forgot to add setup A, B, and C support to the LSD tweaker :/

nice, one stop for all would be sweet, all in due time. I'mma try the lsd tweaker out.

I'll have an update supporting all setups later tonight as well as the purchase all parts code too.

Heading to my father for dinner.

sounds like a plan, I'm out for some pool playin'. Finished 3 hybrids for my friend's gt4 (caterhorn beast, benz motor carriage @ 200mph, slk mclaren 7-speed w/ 1000kg/1000hp).

-l8r

Sweet. I'm home now. Gonna work on the LSD tweaker and an "all in one" app. That won't be till at least tomorrow I presume.

nice, I'll be looking forward to it. so far can't use custom avatars yet, but oh well. I'm going to try to hybrid the model-T w/ some oem ford parts. from hybriding the benz carriage, the thing likes to wheelie with a m5 v10 in it lol (if only it had 4ws, thats another issue I imagine).

-l8r

EDIT: Guess, I can use custom avatars now. off to a quick hybrid n sum much needed sleep.

nice, I'll be looking forward to it. so far can't use custom avatars yet, but oh well. I'm going to try to hybrid the model-T w/ some oem ford parts. from hybriding the benz carriage, the thing likes to wheelie with a m5 v10 in it lol (if only it had 4ws, thats another issue I imagine).

-l8r

EDIT: Guess, I can use custom avatars now. off to a quick hybrid n sum much needed sleep.

Yeh. 101 post. :)

Update:

GT4_LSD_Tweak_A2.exe
GT4_VCD_Tweak_A2.exe
@
http://hosted.filefront.com/teknogeek1300/2100423

Added full support and some bug fixes.

EDIT:

Updated GT4_Hybrid_Swaper_2_a9.zip!
@
http://hosted.filefront.com/teknogeek1300/2100423

-Visually revamped
-New Menu setup

-Money changer
-Purchase all parts

Well, got a new cheat sheet made for NTSC v2 (you can convert to others formats if you so choose). The one bytes codes need to be entered in as
00address, just about all of em are 2 byte codes (10address), you can enter them in as usual 20address codes (normal raw codes I guess), just add zeros so you're entering like 20address 0000code:

-The following 3 codes are the same, just different ways of entering them in.
-I personally like to type less, whatever floats your boat.
-Oh yeah, this puts a Mazda 787B Rotary 4-rotor into your selected car's Setup A.
Code:
10A18888 663
10A18888 0663
20A18888 00000663

-front downforce @ 255? for setup A (gonna personally verify this in a bit)
Code:
00A18981 FF

I think the "Turbo Whistle/Other" is some kind of multiplier, think of how depending on what screen you're in, the hp is off by a few #'s. Maybe I'm wrong but thats what I thought, from my first test with hybriding. I took these mysterious "Turbo Whistle" #'s from my Evo1 w/ Original Turbo and put them on my skyline, result was depending on what screen I was in, the hp was off by a ridiculous amount.
NTSC V2 Address

Code:
A18983 (1 byte) - Turbo Whistle?
A18984 (2 byte) - Turbo Whistle?

and where exactly is the weight multiplier/power multiplier? Does this value look right? (NTSC2, setup A-C)

Code:
Weight Multiplier (1 byte)
(setupA) A189B2
(setupB) A18B2A
(setupC) A18CA2

Power Multiplier (1 byte)
(setupA) A189B3
(setupB) A18B2B
(setupC) A18CA3

Master Power Multiplier
(setupA) A18994
(setupB) A18B0C
(setupC) A18C84

EDIT: The text file @ the bottom is the cheat sheet, I'm working with gnumeric now, but trying to get the hex #'s to calculate (been a while since I used this stuff)

Attachments

• gt4 ntsc addresses - ALL.TXT
    479 bytes · Views: 57
You got weight and power multiplier locations right but master multiplier is at following locations:
Setup A A189AE - AF
Setup B A18B26 - 27
Setup C A18C9E - 9F

Speed Drifter, I got my PS2 back over the weekend again, and the very first thing I did was to test your codes, and they worked. I know you put up a few versions, so I'll just post up the codes of yours that I used:
4H3P-WKXA-90JMM
QC48-MRG9-6J6RE
GJD3-GDWR-M6KVA
J9BV-HU65-UJ0NR
N341-E4DU-80G6B
Z162-1ZXD-T1FQ0
Q2WC-GKK2-0PQG0
WKFX-V875-TQ77N

19HD-0PBF-HCXG7
FQQH-DM4Y-6G5U0
JQD6-2J5W-A88V2
The car I used was a last-minute decision to use a Subaru 360, but I'm guessing all the same rules apply. It was more powerful, lighter, and, of course, high and soft to a remarkable degree. It's really funny looking at the course selection screen with the car body just floating in the middle of the picture! The tire code, however, had some odd glitches. The rims I bought for the N tires I began with transferred over to the R tires while playing, but they looked like the stock ones again after returning to menu. No S-tires were available, (not even S2's:dopey:) N3's were available on back but not front, and R1s and R2s were available on back but not front.

Either way, though, it's great fun! And sorry about taking so long...

Wonderful! thank you for testing them :)

So, 0xAE00 codes are working for you but it seems like there are different versions of the game so they may not necessarily work for others.. maybe it doesn't matter that much, seems like people aren't as interested in GT4 hybriding as I thought first

Did you try the tire code again? There shouldn't be any problems if you first enter the car setup screen (press start in the garage) and check if the tires really are there.
If it glitches again, tell me. it's possible there are hidden checks that we still need to find

Quick question: Is there an app out yet that can convert the NTSC hybrid save files in this thread into whatever the PS3 uses in its virtual PS2 memory card?

Im itching to drive some of those hybrids you guys are creating in GT4

cannot get my hybrids to work? can someone help? followed everthing in the guide using phast and pcsx2 9.2......also have pal version of gt4.....after snaping the pcsx2 i got in to the car i wanted to hybrid....got out of the car list....inputed the phast engine code.....went back to check the car for changes....but nothing? some please help.....would really like to start hybriding.....would rather like to hybrid in ntsc version but right now i can only get the pal version to work on pcsx2....thanx

Latest Posts

Back