[Hypothetical] Supposing I came last every race...

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 71 comments
Maybe I am a little late in commenting, but here are my tips: never expect to be able to run a qualifying line in races. Most people who get bad penalties (not all) get it when following the line they did in qualify and not adjusting at all.
Also, since the penalty system always gives the penalty to the outside car in a turn hug the curb so no one can squeeze in between you and it.
Good luck, hope to see you out there.

Yay! My first win :cheers:
Yes I used the META. I didn’t feel I had a chance otherwise :guilty:

B50DC561-A739-4D97-89DA-583109E1D4DC.jpeg

Yay! My first win :cheers:
Yes I used the META. I didn’t feel I had a chance otherwise :guilty:

View attachment 920694
Congratulations and use whatever car you like. I have done well switching a but here and there, but sometimes I simply can't drive the META or have a car I am more comfortable in, so I drive that. Sometimes I like the META and ride that as well. Just pick what you like and race, and as long as you are focusing on getting better and racing clean you should mostly enjoy it, have fun, and watch ranking improve.

Got your win well ahead of me as well.

Congrats man! Well done. I have been trying to use your times as a reference to push myself in Circuit Experience, I recently started with online races too.

I was really inconsistent in Circuit Experience :lol:
There were times I was up with the fastest times (Le Sarthe and Nurburgring, for example), and then other ones I just could not get a hold of. I nearly smashed my steering wheel trying to gold Goodwood for God's sake lol, it was infuriating. A few others I just about got gold and left it at that (normally I try to pass gold by a few seconds).

I wish all tracks had online leaderboards like Forza. I'd be there all day.

I'm now driver level C and sportsmanship S :dopey:
I can't imagine I'll get much higher than B in driver rating (not that I mind), as I'm already close to my current peak. I start all my races towards the front, but I don't see how I could drastically improve beyond another level.

I gotta say tho, it was far too easy to achieve a high SR rating. I think I only finished 5 races before I was hoisted to the top rating and, whilst I always plan to be an S rated driver in that regard, it took no time at all. It should be something you feel like you've really 'earned' over many more races.

Have a look at this reply by Sven Jurgens as he explains it much better than I could ever do: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dr-point-calculations.393762/#post-13099431

My simplistic explanation is to try and finish higher than my door number as that's my race rank based on my DR. If it says 20 and I finish 19th, my DR goes up. If it says 1 and I finish 2nd, it goes down so every position counts.
It definitely doesn't work like that.

In a 20-car field if you finish 19th, 18 cars beat you and you lose DR to every single one of them. You won't gain any DR at all, even if the one car you beat has 40,000 DR more than you. You can lose DR if you finish second in the same 20 car lobby, if the 18 cars you beat (and gain DR from) and the one car that beats you (and you lose DR to) all have a much lower DR than you.

It all depends on what the difference in your DR scores are. Other than some unusual circumstances (which do happen), finishing in the top half of any grid is what you need to do to not lose DR. Your goal should be, as a minimum, to do that.

It definitely doesn't work like that.

In a 20-car field if you finish 19th, 18 cars beat you and you lose DR to every single one of them. You won't gain any DR at all, even if the one car you beat has 40,000 DR more than you. You can lose DR if you finish second in the same 20 car lobby, if the 18 cars you beat (and gain DR from) and the one car that beats you (and you lose DR to) all have a much lower DR than you.

It all depends on what the difference in your DR scores are. Other than some unusual circumstances (which do happen), finishing in the top half of any grid is what you need to do to not lose DR. Your goal should be, as a minimum, to do that.

Thanks, Famine and sorry for the misleading info, RikkiGT-R! I honestly thought it was as simple as that.:embarrassed:

I've entered 11 races so far and only been rammed once, and that was at Willow Springs - a race I didn't even really wanna do in the first place.
I've had .5 seconds penalty so far in total, for cutting the corner too much at Eau Rouge (an honest mistake).

I know that isn't many races but I get very few chances to play, and in the small number of races I've done so far I've seen almost entirely clean racing from all drivers. I really don't know what I was worried about.

Remember those 11 races if your 12th doesn't do as well.:P

Everyone has a bad race from time to time but you can learn a lot from them too. Playing out different scenarios in your head to try and race smarter the next time.

Back