Hyundai announce "N" performance division, nabs EX Head BMW M division engineer in the process.

There was never any indication the RM was going to be production based as far as I remember. Same with its predecessors it's always been a test bad that people have their jollies after and then get them rustled because it never gets production made. I'm trying to see where the uproar is coming from, but cant...

Veloster N on the table for 2018 and will be sold in USA. UK market unlikely.

sb1_5242.jpg

sb1_5251.jpg

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/hyundai-veloster-n-hot-hatch-due-2018-275bhp

To be fair, who would buy it new?
I would if it was reasonably priced.

I love the look of the Veloster and the cheapest mid-engine car on the market is the Boxster, which is basically impossible to find new for under $70k...

Nevermind, no new Boxster for sale, one new base model Caymen for $84k.

I would if it was reasonably priced.

I love the look of the Veloster and the cheapest mid-engine car on the market is the Boxster, which is basically impossible to find new for under $70k...

Nevermind, no new Boxster for sale, one new base model Caymen for $84k.
Isn't the new one the 718?

Yup.

$84k, so after all the taxes and nonsense over $90k for the cheapest new RMR sports car.

The Alfa Romeo 4C starts at $56,000, no clue what the Elise goes for but I'm guessing it's also cheaper than the Porsche.

I forgot about those two, don't know where they sell Lotus...

No 4C in the province and the cheapest in the country is $74k.

3 Lotus in the country, all Evora, 2 are 2015 models and the cheapest is $125k.

So in Canada $74k is the entry point to a new RMR sports car.

Just saw the i30N on a magazine cover. I thought they finally revealed it but i didn't find anything on Google.

What the hell??

So, is the engine a modified version of what runs in the Elantra Sport? At 270 BHP, it sticks itself in a strange end of the market. Would be nice to have a value-priced bridge between the Focus ST and RS.

So, is the engine a modified version of what runs in the Elantra Sport? At 270 BHP, it sticks itself in a strange end of the market. Would be nice to have a value-priced bridge between the Focus ST and RS.
Elantra Sport is 1.6L, this will have a "new" 2.0L.

That looks pretty good. Much less dude bro than the Civic Type R.

Looks European like you'd expect out of the Golf. As I said in other threads related to Hyundai, I'm glad they're influenced by Europe in their design and car division structuring because they bring out nice cars in their own way with it. It's interesting. Wonder what a more upper level will look like that can compete with the sport compacts of today.

FB_IMG_1499942804486.jpg

Hyundai Australia FB page, are saying to tune in at 10pm AEST, when they take off the cover.

Couldn't they have gotten skinny plates?

Sadly not coming to the US. But hopefully the new Veloster N that's been spied testing will make it's way over.

And those little flaps on the sides of the rear bumper are interesting.

Can't believe I want to get one. Showed my wife. She says, "You get that and I can get another Megane RS."

Seriously, this N, is better than paying a premium on a Golf.

Back