Hyundai announce "N" performance division, nabs EX Head BMW M division engineer in the process.

Because you'll still get screwed over due to the weak loonie anyway.
Honestly, for some reason are vehicle prices haven't really spiked despite the drop.

Years ago the Genesis Coupe was $30k... and it's still $30k. Around the same time the 370Z was $42k... Then 2 years ago they dropped the price to $30k and it's stayed there.

You would think from that long period of time of being nearly 1:1 with the American dollar and even being worth more for a week or two dropping by 30% would have a bigger effect.
GTi-ish money. Not coming to North America though, we have to wait for the Veloster N.
Honestly, that sounds a lot better to me. The Veloster is my favourite hatch out right now because everything else (including this one) kinda blends together, the Veloster is IMHO the best looking hatchback right now and one of the better looking cars out right now. Always makes me then my head lol.

The Alfa Romeo 4C starts at $56,000, no clue what the Elise goes for but I'm guessing it's also cheaper than the Porsche.
According to Motor Trend, it was $47,250 back in 2011. Unfortunately, I didn't realize we've been without the Elise in the US for 6 years now since that was the last year according to Wiki.

So, I think you've named the starting point with the 4C.

Honestly, that sounds a lot better to me. The Veloster is my favourite hatch out right now because everything else (including this one) kinda blends together, the Veloster is IMHO the best looking hatchback right now and one of the better looking cars out right now. Always makes me then my head lol.
Keep in mind it's the new Veloster, slightly different than what's on sale now.

2019-hyundai-veloster-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100600499_h.jpg

What's the price point? Although being a Canadian it doesn't really matter I guess.
Australian magazines speculate sub-$40kAUD for the base model. If it's $39,990 drive away, that'll be about $39, 500 Canadian.

Might be over $50kAUD for the i30 Performance. Then, there was talk about an even higher spc R30N.

Looks a bit too busy in the back for my taste, but overall it's ok. Certainly better than some competitors cough Type R cough. Let's hope it drives well and doesn't cost too much.

Looks a bit too busy in the back for my taste, but overall it's ok. Certainly better than some competitors cough Type R cough. Let's hope it drives well and doesn't cost too much.
Type R isn't really a competitor though. In a roundabout way.

I quite like the styling! Hyundai have come such a long way. I also dig the interior and they are making a statement with manual only.

I quite like the styling! Hyundai have come such a long way. I also dig the interior and they are making a statement with manual only.
I love manuals and ill keep buying preferring them, but a paddleshift option is the way. It should still keep the turbo spooled up and it can still be fun to race.

Don't know where to put this, so I'll drop it here:

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/hyundai-confirms-supercar-plans-116845

https://jalopnik.com/the-time-is-right-for-a-hyundai-supercar-1821907954

http://driving.ca/hyundai/auto-news...ing-a-lambo-rivaling-two-seat-hybrid-supercar

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...seriously-working-on-a-supercar-ar179214.html

According to multiple sources, Hyundai confirmed plans at CES to build a hybrid supercar to rival the Acura NSX.

In my opinion this is great. It might not be the biggest street-cred badge on a supercar but Hyundai has come so far from the late 90's era crap. They pulled a 180 from being a budget car company to become a very well-respected brand today. I think they deserve this.

Not sure about the styling of the fastback. The brief was obviously to keep a certain degree of practicality from the regular hatchback, so the roofline isn't nearly as sleek as it could have been.

I'm seeing original Insignia and that's no bad thing since the new one looks terrible.

Back