Hyundai Builds 400hp V6 Time Attack... Minivan?

But it's not a pure minivan. It only looks so because of the fact it's lowered.

If it was a Kia Sedona/Carnival (or a Toyota Sienna), then maybe I would agree because it's an actual minivan.

At least it actually works, unlike what their colleagues across the pond are doing for SEMA.

D121F796-BB2B-47AC-B2C8-BE6EE7BA4888.jpeg

At least it actually works, unlike what their colleagues across the pond are doing for SEMA.

View attachment 858473
That not only doesn't work, but the more you look at it the more you wonder how much Hyundai USA is paying for Photoshop services because... dayum.

I think my favourite feature so far is the fact it's carrying a spare wheel on the roof for a clearly completely different vehicle...

This looks so wrong yet so right.

hyundai-imax-n-drift-bus-004-1200x675.jpg
If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

AFAIK, the next GT game could have a group just for sporty minivans. There's the entire series of Ford Transit Supervan models, the Renault Espace F1, the Mugen Odyssey, and now this. I may've even forgotten one, idk. I bet TRD and/or Gazoo have modded a Toyota minivan, too.

Granted, I know some of these do differ a bit from each other, but I think they'd be more like each other than not, especially after BoP, and especially if something as minimal as the final gear ratio and downforce were the sole settings available for tuning, so to "patch-up" the BoP's "blind spots" depending on the course. IMO that's something that should apply to at least the "major" classes in GTS, as to not overwhelm players with having all settings available for tuning, but just two areas with enough influence (depending on the track at hand) to truly help with BoP.

To keep things interesting, tuning could still be entirely prohibited aside from BoP adjustments in the Manufacturer Series, as those races are already diverse enough as far as their fields go. But more often than not, I'd have tuning enabled in this very specific and limited capacity, with races that allow all tuning settings or none at all being a much rarer occurrence. I could see it being especially useful in Gr.1, where there's a clear difference in the stock downforce between cars within this group. (Though then again, when viewing the stock downforce settings for the XJR-9, they seemed the same as the other Gr.1 cars when they're stock as well, so I wonder why the other cars are so much better in turns? Maybe it's their gearing?)

Last edited:
I appreciate when car manufacturers create vehicles that are out of the ordinary. I would like it very much if it arrived in some video game to give everyone a hard time!

Latest Posts

Back