Hyundai N 2025 VGT Revealed! (Update 15/9: All revealed!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 292 comments
200k rpm is impossible

kaz vs newton law of physics
who wins?
I quote Topspeed.com;

"A turbo spins very fast; most peak between 80,000 and 200,000 RPM (using low inertia turbos, 150,000-250,000 RPM) depending on size, weight of the rotating parts, boost pressure developed and compressor design. Such high rotation speeds would cause problems for standard ball bearings leading to failure so most turbo-chargers use fluid bearings. These feature a flowing layer of oil that suspends and cools the moving parts. The oil is usually taken from the engine-oil circuit and usually needs to be cooled by an oil cooler before it circulates through the engine. Some turbochargers use incredibly precise ball bearings that offer less friction than a fluid bearing but these are also suspended in fluid-dampened cavities. Lower friction means the turbo shaft can be made of lighter materials, reducing so-called turbo lag or boost lag. Some car makers use water cooled turbochargers for added bearing life."

Source: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/automo...-to-spin-your-way-in-first-place-ar14271.html

hahaha
was talking about the engine
200k rpm is impossible for a piston to move no matter how small the stroke

oh my goodness... this is turning out to be WAAAAAYYYY better than I expected. It. Is. Beautiful. Dang, I really need to watch that video, but at the moment I can't :( still, I'm liking what I'm seeing from the picture dump, and from the info, dang. Hydrogen fuel cells? Hyundai's got some serious and massive balls to use that kind of powerplant, and a sort of KERS to top it off. And a turbo that spins at 200k rpm?? :eek::eek::eek: Wonder how that would sound like. Aaaarrrgghhh I can't wait for the next update so that I can drive this and the Bugatti VGT. :D

Not bad, Hyundai. Not bad at all. :cheers:

Apparently the car's real name is the Hyundai Muroc, but I am not sure about it as it's referred to as the N 2025. The Muroc name also appears on the car's side skirt in ingame screenshots as well as the real model.

Apparently the car's real name is the Hyundai Muroc, but I am not sure about it as it's referred to as the N 2025. The Muroc name also appears on the car's side skirt in ingame screenshots as well as the real model.
Actually 'Muroc' was a reference to the Muroc Dry Lake, so I guess it's name is in dedication:
The Hyundai 2025 Vision Gran Turismo is an 872-horsepower monster, getting its power through four in-wheel motors connected to a hydrogen fuel cell system. As for the design, Hyundai says it "draws inspiration from aeronautics and the testing ground called ‘Muroc Dry Lake’ where pilots and astronauts train, risking their lives for the pursuit of space travel." I'm not seeing any real connection to a dry lake here, but it's apparently strong enough that Hyundai also refers to this car as the "Muroc."

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/15/9329541/hyundai-n-2025-vision-gran-turismo-supercar

I wonder who here bother about the VGT name like certain people who was bothering it on the Bugatti VGT thread.
I like the name of some cars, as they can reference something important to the company or could just be a beautiful name (Enzo Ferrari, Aston Martin Vanquish.. Etc) VGT car names add to their styling, I mean the Tomahawk sounds like a badass name despite it's unrealistic performance. The Hyundai Muroc sounds cool, although it reminds me of Morocco.

I agree, but acceptable to a race car.

On a real race car yes, but this is a concept and I think they should have moved up the "N" or put an abstract "H" instead of just plain lettered Hyundai on the fin.

Anyways I'm just knit picking, this thing is gorgeous to look at and in my opinion better looking than the Mazda VGT from the rear

This might be a stupid question but, since this car is hydrogen fuelcell powered (ie electric), why does it have a turbo? As far as I'm getting it, the car doesn't have a 'regular' combustion engine, so there's nowere for a turbo to be usefull, atleast, if what I know about hydrogen fuelcell technology is correct..

This might be a stupid question but, since this car is hydrogen fuelcell powered (ie electric), why does it have a turbo? As far as I'm getting it, the car doesn't have a 'regular' combustion engine, so there's nowere for a turbo to be usefull, atleast, if what I know about hydrogen fuelcell technology is correct..
I believe that turbo is called a Super Capacitor System for electric engines:
The N Vision Gran Turismo is a fuel-cell electric vehicle, powered by a hydrogen fuel cell and a super capacitor system, developing a combined 650kW of power. The dual fuel cell stacks produce 500 kW with the super capacitor system topping up output by 150kW by capturing regenerative braking. Power is transmitted by four independent in-wheel motors.
Source: http://www.motoring.com.au/news/201...ndai-n-2025-vision-gran-turismo-concept-53868
I think that when they mean turbo, they mean that regenerative system...? I'm just guessing

hahaha
was talking about the engine
200k rpm is impossible for a piston to move no matter how small the stroke
Whether you were talking about the engine or not doesn't matter. 200,000rpm refers to the turbine, and it's not only possible but actually already happens.

That notwithstanding, this car has no pistons...
A turbo is an air pump. Hydrogen fuel cells require both hydrogen fuel and air.
I believe that turbo is called a Super Capacitor System for electric engines:

Source: http://www.motoring.com.au/news/201...ndai-n-2025-vision-gran-turismo-concept-53868
I think that when they mean turbo, they mean that regenerative system...? I'm just guessing
No, they mean an actual turbine. Albeit an electric turbine rather than a purely exhaust-gas driven one.

A turbo is an air pump. Hydrogen fuel cells require both hydrogen fuel and air.
No, they mean an actual turbine. Albeit an electric turbine rather than a purely exhaust-gas driven one.
Ah fair enough, makes more sense now

200k rpm is impossible

kaz vs newton law of physics
who wins?

Which law would that be?

Newton
  • First law of motion: When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by an external force.
  • Second law of motion: The vector sum of the external forces F on an object is equal to the mass m of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector a of the object: F = ma.
  • Third law of motion: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.
  • Law of universal gravitation: Every point mass attracts every single other point mass by a force pointing alongthe line intersecting both points. The force is proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them

I like this VGT but really... its a car that doesnt exist with a motor that doesnt exist... so it could run a Mr Fusion really

just release the damn things already

Back