Hyundai N 2025 VGT Revealed! (Update 15/9: All revealed!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 292 comments
Good thing the engine isn't pulling that rpm.
What if I told you....there is no internal combustion "engine", the fuel cell stack just needs air and pure hydrogen to produce electricity. The 200,000 rpm seems like overkill to push air into the fuel cell but I guess they went for small blower higher speed to save space and weight.

What if I told you....there is no internal combustion "engine", the fuel cell stack just needs air and pure hydrogen to produce electricity. The 200,000 rpm seems like overkill to push air into the fuel cell but I guess they went for small blower higher speed to save space and weight.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Max. Power (ps / rpm) 136 / 5,000
Max. Torque (kg·m / rpm) 30.6 / 1,000
Power Output (kW) 100
Max Speed (kph) 160
Acceleration (0 - 100 kph) (sec) 12.5

hmmm

i dont see the connection between this motor and the fictional one in this VGT besides being a 'fuel cell' and a Hyundai.

Fuel cells exist, we know that. Few people will make the connection to your mum's CUV in 5 yrs time.

The fuel cell technology for the VGT has just been turned up to the extreme. Otherwise, the technology behind it has very real connotations.

The GTbyCitroen concept from GT5 Prologue is another example of fuel cell technology ramped up for high performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.celeroton.com/fileadmin/user_upload/produkte/motoren/datasheets/Datasheet-CM-25-280.pdf

There are small electric motors that can spin at 250,000 rpm, as per the link. The fan section is curious to work at such speeds, would probably resemble a turbocharger scroll.

The other odd thing is the electric motors at each wheel. Would need some active computer driven variable frequency drives to mimic a mechanical differential, limited slip or otherwise. Would be tricky to control to feel the same as a mechanical drivetrain.

http://www.celeroton.com/fileadmin/user_upload/produkte/motoren/datasheets/Datasheet-CM-25-280.pdf

There are small electric motors that can spin at 250,000 rpm, as per the link. The fan section is curious to work at such speeds, would probably resemble a turbocharger scroll.

The other odd thing is the electric motors at each wheel. Would need some active computer driven variable frequency drives to mimic a mechanical differential, limited slip or otherwise. Would be tricky to control to feel the same as a mechanical drivetrain.

I think that's where torque vectoring would come in with regards to shuffling the torque to given wheels when the on board computer detects traction loss. The SLS Electric Drive has a similar system.

The new NSX will have individual electric motors in the wheels. Should be a blast to drive this. I hope its tuneable.

But the video is about the VGT so its weird they put this part on it.

It is definitely a real life road (not the game) and the i20 WRC car but not in Ehra-Lessien

No the video is not all that much about the VGT, it's about the N division as a whole and this project in collaboration with GT/PD is a way to show case ideas they have for the future perhaps and of current. This has been said on here and the auto show where the N division debuted, the cars shown are part of the build up (from what was gathered in the video) of performance that has helped bring the N division to fruition.

so if each wheel has an electric motor, I'm assuming that it won't have any gears. Just drive.

so if each wheel has an electric motor, I'm assuming that it won't have any gears. Just drive.

...I don't know much about electric cars but doesn't the ones with direct drive usually have pathetic top speeds?

Hopefully this one's got a solution for that. :ill:

...I don't know much about electric cars but doesn't the ones with direct drive usually have pathetic top speeds?

Hopefully this one's got a solution for that. :ill:

The electric Rimac Concept_One is said to have a top speed of over 300 km/h.
http://www.rimac-automobili.com/concept_one/propulsion-system-8

The Tesla P85D/P90D is limited to 155mph, meaning it could go faster with some claiming it could reach 200 delimited.

What if... it works like those new formula e cars. Don't they have gears, even though they're electric?

The electric Rimac Concept_One is said to have a top speed of over 300 km/h.
http://www.rimac-automobili.com/concept_one/propulsion-system-8

The Tesla P85D/P90D is limited to 155mph, meaning it could go faster with some claiming it could reach 200 delimited.

...Those sound good, but still a bit on the slow side for a LMP, don't you think? Since this is a flight of fancy, surely Hyundai have come up with a "novel" solution for the top speed dilemma...

I like that the H stands for Hyundai & Hydrogen in this car. Good thing GT doesn't simulate damage that well though - we would see a MASSIVE explosion whenever we crash otherwise :lol: Also, who would've thought that Bugatti and Hyundai would ever headline at the same time?

"I mean think about it: the memorable, attractive concept cars that appeared within the last few years." Sasha continues. "From Mazda, Nissan, Infinity, they're all Vision Gran Turismo cars. We think it's a great honour for us to be part of that movement."

Bugatti is really enjoying being part of Vision GT for sure. :eek:
Also props for them to give honor to the others who joined VGT!

I almost cried when I read this. For a company as exclusive as Bugatti to acknowledge other manufacturers and a simple video game speaks volumes about the VGT project. The GT series might be in decline but for these rare moments Kaz' eclectic vision always shines through 👍 This is why I always support GT, just to see what kind of shenanigans Kaz dreams up next :D

I wonder who here bother about the VGT name like certain people who was bothering it on the Bugatti VGT thread.

*raises hand* I would much prefer it named Muroc than N2025 :P

I like that the H stands for Hyundai & Hydrogen in this car. Good thing GT doesn't simulate damage that well though - we would see a MASSIVE explosion whenever we crash otherwise :lol: Also, who would've thought that Bugatti and Hyundai would ever headline at the same time?

And two companies on completely different ends of the image spectrum at that.

Back