I’d be happy with a GT Sport 2019 Ed.

• Thread starter Sander 001
  • 91 comments
Bring back all the cars and tracks from GT Sport(but make the damn $20 million cars way more accessible), plus some new cars and tracks, revamp the penalty and ghosting systems, improve wheel support (my G29 feels miles better in PC2, AC, F1 and even GT6), bring in wet weather and maybe time of day progression and improve the physics model.

Bring it for 2019, I’ll buy it, bring it in 2020 uprezed for PS5 and I’ll buy it again. (I’m willing to spend money Kaz, just keep that micro transaction crap far away, I’m not a Fortnight suckling)

Bring back all the cars and tracks from GT Sport(but make the damn $20 million cars way more accessible), plus some new cars and tracks, revamp the penalty and ghosting systems, improve wheel support (my G29 feels miles better in PC2, AC, F1 and even GT6), bring in wet weather and maybe time of day progression and improve the physics model.

Bring it for 2019, I’ll buy it, bring it in 2020 uprezed for PS5 and I’ll buy it again. (I’m willing to spend money Kaz, just keep that micro transaction crap far away, I’m not a Fortnight suckling)
What you have just said will never happen.

Sorry can’t agree if gran turismo ever turnt into a yearly release game it just wouldn’t get the effort put into it that it takes to make these games. They don’t rinse and repeat with GT and I hope they never do. Plus why a new game when it’s updated every month?
Not yearly, check the math.
You're against micro-transactions, but you'd be willing to pay for another full game when it consisted of nothing that updates couldn't already do to the existing one (and in many cases, already have)?

That's... odd.
It's odd that I want a better product without being nickel and dimed? I like premium products and they usually don't come piecemeal.

I'm ok with the OP's thoughts but PD isnt like 2k or EA... there's no NBA 19 riddled with mtx.

You already know what's going to happen. PD will dribble out the monthly updates until they give up... everyone guesses around the same time period they gave up on GT6.

I'm ok with PD being a bit more commercial in that they should be charging for $20 mil. cars but that's just me, I know many people hate that idea.

At this point its been accepted that GT Sport II will be on Ps5.

Just keep the updates coming, and try to temper the car offerings to offset Kazunori-san's sometimes odd but occasionally brilliant tastes. (I'd like a really good 73 Kenmeri Skyline, the Pozzi Camaro and Cad CTS-V Coupe from GT6, and the Gr. 3 Beetle to be deleted...)

Like I have said on other threads, the 20 million cars are very easy to get.

Yeah, what do you think this is? Forza?

Isn't that basically what you're asking for though? :confused::odd:
No, I’m looking for a new iteration, not bits and pieces you buy from the PSN store.

The gaming industry is already in the thick of micro transactions, loot boxes, excessive grinds and other carrot on stick mechanics. And they make massive amounts of money doing that (Fortnight can make nearly $300 million per month).

PD wants a piece of that, they’re certainly gearing up for it already. But I don’t like it and I tend to think that the GT audience is more mature and has more disposable income than the average Overwatch player.

So let me open my wallet and buy something worth buying while keeping the micro transactions and other cheap tactics far away.

.And btw, 20M for cars is pretty cheap considering they cost even more in real life. Please, if you really want them, then go save credits and stop complaining.

At the moment, I have all the cars of GTSport minus the 20 million ones and the Shelby. No luck with the daily gift and I can't even sell the duplicates.
Now the in-game economy:
-Can I win a 20 million car as a prize car thanks to a long championship or endurance race? No.
-Maybe I just have to gold all the time trials like license tests? No.
-GTsport is an online focused game, I'm sure there is a way to win this car in a set of sport mode events? No.

For someone unlucky:
-the payouts for endurance races are ridiculous.
GT SPORT - $2 MILLION/Hour RX500 Fast Money Setup!!

Yep, 10 hours of the most boring race. Nothing to add.
The in-game economy is still the weakest point of GTSport. More cars and tracks won't change that, they have to rethink all the game design IMO. So much potential, so badly done.

You can’t buy system overhauls a la carte.

lol.

You'd have to make the "system overhaul" available to the Vanilla players as well. Otherwise, you'd just split the player base. Considering that this would decimate Sport Mode, it won't happen.

They'd have to make the "system overhaul" available to Vanilla players as well as a maintenance update, which would be free obviously.

This whole idea is nonsense.

You can’t buy system overhauls a la carte.

'system overhauls'

you mention stuff like expensive cars becoming more accessible...that doesn't need a system overhaul, to the point of a new game
you mention new cars and tracks...we've been getting them for free for the last 10 months and that is seemingly continuing

you mention a new penalty and ghosting feature, once again, that can be done in an update, like every other previous change to the penalty system.

You also mention improvements to wheels, and well, they have been doing that constantly. They've added extra functionality to the Fanatec CSL Elite for example in multiple updates, and I think there was also an update for the T-GT at some point. These came in free updates and didn't need a massive system overhaul requiring an entirely new game which you are proposing.

In terms of a physics model, they have improved (well, changed, it is up to you if improved) the tires and physics in certain updates. The leaderboards have been reset multiple times because of this.

And weather and time progression can also come in an update and not an entirely new game.

Nothing you are saying makes any sense. Most of the stuff you would want in an entirely new game has already been happening in FREE updates for this game, and the ones which haven't, don't in any way require a new game for them to be implemented.

At the moment, I have all the cars of GTSport minus the 20 million ones and the Shelby. No luck with the daily gift and I can't even sell the duplicates.
Now the in-game economy:
-Can I win a 20 million car as a prize car thanks to a long championship or endurance race? No.
-Maybe I just have to gold all the time trials like license tests? No.
-GTsport is an online focused game, I'm sure there is a way to win this car in a set of sport mode events? No.

For someone unlucky:
-the payouts for endurance races are ridiculous.
GT SPORT - $2 MILLION/Hour RX500 Fast Money Setup!!

Yep, 10 hours of the most boring race. Nothing to add.
The in-game economy is still the weakest point of GTSport. More cars and tracks won't change that, they have to rethink all the game design IMO. So much potential, so badly done.

It makes these cars more rare and special. I know some people guy who has 20M credits just buy playing a lots of sport mod races.

The $20M cars should be purchasable with real money. I don't understand the hate for micro transactions. They're for time poor gamers who are prepared to pay to unlock the stuff that other people choose to unlock for free by putting in the hours. Everyone wins. People can choose whatever works best for them. Buy, grind or go without.

No-one is being forced to buy anything.

The people whining about micro transactions seem to resent the fact that their "exclusive" ownership of the $20M cars would be threatened once shortcut ways were made available to those who don't have hours and hours to spend Blue Mooning

'system overhauls'

you mventure.stuff like expensive cars becoming more accessible...that doesn't need a system overhaul, to the point of a new game
you mention new cars and tracks...we've been getting them for free for the last 10 months and that is seemingly continuing

you mention a new penalty and ghosting feature, once again, that can be done in an update, like every other previous change to the penalty system.

You also mention improvements to wheels, and well, they have been doing that constantly. They've added extra functionality to the Fanatec CSL Elite for example in multiple updates, and I think there was also an update for the T-GT at some point. These came in free updates and didn't need a massive system overhaul requiring an entirely new game which you are proposing.

In terms of a physics model, they have improved (well, changed, it is up to you if improved) the tires and physics in certain updates. The leaderboards have been reset multiple times because of this.

And weather and time progression can also come in an update and not an entirely new game.

Nothing you are saying makes any sense. Most of the stuff you would want in an entirely new game has already been happening in FREE updates for this game, and the ones which haven't, don't in any way require a new game for them to be implemented.
What I'm suggesting doesn't need to be in a new game any more than Black Ops 4 needed to be a new game when they could've just updated Black Ops 3. You can update any game and make it brand new, but that's not the point, is it?

Your definition of free and my definition are different because mine extends beyond what only one party has to incur. The updating has been free only so far as we consumers are concerned but game development is a very costly venture.

The updates we've been getting have been for free and the comeuppance for that is that these updates are not anywhere as good as they could be.

The $20M cars should be purchasable with real money. I don't understand the hate for micro transactions. They're for time poor gamers who are prepared to pay to unlock the stuff that other people choose to unlock for free by putting in the hours. Everyone wins. People can choose whatever works best for them. Buy, grind or go without.

No-one is being forced to buy anything.

The people whining about micro transactions seem to resent the fact that their "exclusive" ownership of the $20M cars would be threatened once shortcut ways were made available to those who don't have hours and hours to spend Blue Mooning
The hate for micro transactions stems from the fact that financial goals inform game design. Meaning that the game is made in a way to funnel players into revenue streams.

When a game gives you the option to pay more money to play less of the game, the game design has obviously been sandbagged.

You’re not forced into micro transactions but you will be punished for ignoring them.

When a game gives you the option to pay more money to play less of the game, the game design has obviously been sandbagged.

This is a non sequitur. As well as a bit misleading. Buying a car with real money is not "playing less of the game". It's just saving one from a few hours of Blue Mooning. And what do you mean by "sandbagged"?

You’re not forced into micro transactions but you will be punished for ignoring them .

Can you give an example of how someone is punished (in Gt Sport) for ignoring the micro transaction option?

This is a non sequitur. As well as a bit misleading. Buying a car with real money is not "playing less of the game". It's just saving one from a few hours of Blue Mooning. And what do you mean by "sandbagged"?

Can you give an example of how someone is punished (in Gt Sport) for ignoring the micro transaction option?
Skipping races is playing less of the game. And when less of the game equates to more enjoyment, that’s sandbagging.
You’re punished by having to grind an event you may have already done many times before.

Nobody is saying “Oh no I won the XJ13 on the spinner, what terrible luck”

What??? None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

Firstly. If "skipping races" = skipping having to do "Blue Moon" 142 times then yeah, I'm fine with that.

Secondly. "skipping races" as defined above does NOT equal less of the game, In fact it equals MORE of the game because I will spend many more hours playing the game if I'm enjoying it, than if I'm mindlessly making left turns around Blue Moon. Know how many times I've done Blue Moon? Twice? Just to see what all the fuss was about in the credit farming threads. I got bored after doing it twice. "less of the game" would be me spending 42 hours of my life doing that race ad nauseum in order to buy a digital car.

Thirdly: you haven't answered by question so I'll ask it again. Can you give an example of how someone is punished (in Gt Sport) for ignoring the micro transaction option?

Boy you really asked for it by stating your opinion, by the replies it seems that your wishes and opinions are just plain wrong. :) I never even knew it was possible for someone to have an incorrect desire. You are even crucified by people running the same race 2 times over, I can only assume they are no longer sport mode fans with daily's lasting a week. That would consist of 2 laps practice/qualifying then running each race 1 time. You could knock out all 3 races in an hour and a half before the dreaded "boredom" sets in. What to do till next week? I dont see anything wrong with your wish for an updated/improved GT Sport Mr. Sander

What??? None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

Firstly. If "skipping races" = skipping having to do "Blue Moon" 142 times then yeah, I'm fine with that.

Secondly. "skipping races" as defined above does NOT equal less of the game, In fact it equals MORE of the game because I will spend many more hours playing the game if I'm enjoying it, than if I'm mindlessly making left turns around Blue Moon. Know how many times I've done Blue Moon? Twice? Just to see what all the fuss was about in the credit farming threads. I got bored after doing it twice. "less of the game" would be me spending 42 hours of my life doing that race ad nauseum in order to buy a digital car.

Thirdly: you haven't answered by question so I'll ask it again. Can you give an example of how someone is punished (in Gt Sport) for ignoring the micro transaction option?
By being unable to access all content without grinding.

Less of the game means fewer hours, it’s as simple as that. You skipping the grind is wonderful but doesn’t apply here because however else you’re playing the game, it’s a less efficient way of unlocking content.

^ May as well be a foreign language. Makes no sense whatsoever. I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say!

Did you answer my question? I'll rephrase to make it a bit easier for you.

How have you personally been punished by the existence of microtransactions in GTSport?

Back