I’d be happy with a GT Sport 2019 Ed.

• Thread starter Sander 001
  • 91 comments
^ May as well be a foreign language. Makes no sense whatsoever. I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say!

Did you answer my question? I'll rephrase to make it a bit easier for you.

How have you personally been punished by the existence of microtransactions in GTSport?
Yes I did answer but I’ll rephrase it:
The consequence of ignoring the micro transaction options is that I’m unable to access all the content in the game.

Boy you really asked for it by stating your opinion, by the replies it seems that your wishes and opinions are just plain wrong. :) I never even knew it was possible for someone to have an incorrect desire. You are even crucified by people running the same race 2 times over, I can only assume they are no longer sport mode fans with daily's lasting a week. That would consist of 2 laps practice/qualifying then running each race 1 time. You could knock out all 3 races in an hour and a half before the dreaded "boredom" sets in. What to do till next week? I dont see anything wrong with your wish for an updated/improved GT Sport Mr. Sander

FWIW, I agree with all of Sander's suggestions in his first post in this thread. Although I don't see why it needs to be a new game. If they released some huge improvement to the current game (which is already awesome) then I'd be happy to pay for that content. I don't see any reason why it has to be a whole new standalone release where I have to go back to zero and start again.

The consequence of ignoring the micro transaction options is that I’m unable to access all the content in the game.

What content are you unable to access?

Boy you really asked for it by stating your opinion, by the replies it seems that your wishes and opinions are just plain wrong. :) I never even knew it was possible for someone to have an incorrect desire. You are even crucified by people running the same race 2 times over, I can only assume they are no longer sport mode fans with daily's lasting a week. That would consist of 2 laps practice/qualifying then running each race 1 time. You could knock out all 3 races in an hour and a half before the dreaded "boredom" sets in. What to do till next week? I dont see anything wrong with your wish for an updated/improved GT Sport Mr. Sander
Yup, look at all the money being thrown at wheels, pedals, rigs.

Let’s toss a little amount of cash for the software
FWIW, I agree with all of Sander's suggestions in his first post in this thread. Although I don't see why it needs to be a new game. If they released some huge improvement to the current game (which is already awesome) then I'd be happy to pay for that content. I don't see any reason why it has to be a whole new standalone release where I have to go back to zero and start again.

You wouldn’t necessarily have to start back at zero. Sequels/iterations sometimes do have carry over progress.

Like many cars including the aforementioned XJ13

The OP did say some new tracks, cars, weather?, etc would/could be part of the a new GTS 2019 or whatever it would be called. PD's free updates and content are fantastic but how long can they keep giving them away for free? I would most likely buy any additional content they offered if it comes down to it but if it's a choice between PD trickling down new content monthly or buying a new version with many, many months of comparable new content I would choose the next version of the game even if we got nothing new for a year for example.

Any word on the content that you're blocked from accessing due to the existence of microtransactions?
Since I’ve answered this half a dozen times and you’re still not understanding how about this: Have you avoided micro transactions in GT Sport?

What content are you unable to access? Because you do realise only cars under 2 Million Credits are available to buy for real money?

It's odd that I want a better product without being nickel and dimed? I like premium products and they usually don't come piecemeal.

When the alternative to being "nickel and dimed" is getting $10'd or $20'd... uh, yes.

Answer these two simple questions:
  • Of your suggestions, which can't be done to the existing game? Bonus question: which hasn't already happened at some point in the franchise's life anyway?
  • How much have you been "nickel and dimed" for the updates that PD has already applied to GT Sport over the last 364 days?

What content are you unable to access? Because you do realise only cars under 2 Million Credits are available to buy for real money?
Because you do realize that the money you don’t spend on all the cheap cars goes a long way towards buying the expensive ones?

Because you do realize that the money you don’t spend on all the cheap cars goes a long way towards buying the expensive ones?

It was like that before micro transactions too you know. I'm not a fan of micro transactions due to how they often destroy the economy of a game, or if they are pay-to-win, however the economy of GT Sport was already poor, and micro transactions hasn't changed the economy at all, and doesn't affect anything.

Since I’ve answered this half a dozen times and you’re still not understanding how about this: Have you avoided micro transactions in GT Sport?

No, I haven't avoided them, I've happily bought a couple of 911's and a few others with real money.

What's that got to do with the question I asked you?

You still are avoiding answering the question. It's not a tricky one! You stated clearly that due to micro transactions' existence, you are unable to access certain content. So which content can't you access?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was like that before micro transactions too you know. I'm not a fan of micro transactions due to how they often destroy the economy of a game, or if they are pay-to-win, however the economy of GT Sport was already poor, and micro transactions hasn't changed the economy at all, and doesn't affect anything.
So creating a micro DLC solution to their own self sabotaged economy is just an incredible coincidence? Wow!

I totally agree that microtransactions often ruin games. Real Racing 3 on iOS is a fun game but its painful to play without pumping in real money. Makes you wait between races (unless you pay!) etc etc. Well it used to be like that. I hacked my iPad a few years ago for a bazillion credits and I had a few fun months playing it, but then iOS updated and I lost the hack and never bothered to play it again.

in Gt Sport, I think they've so far made the microtransaxctions 100% non obtrusive. They have 0 impact on the game to those who ignore them. Aside of course from Sander who apparently is unable to access content but can't/won't divulge which content that is....

I totally agree that microtransactions often ruin games. Real Racing 3 on iOS is a fun game but its painful to play without pumping in real money. Makes you wait between races (unless you pay!) etc etc. Well it used to be like that. I hacked my iPad a few years ago for a bazillion credits and I had a few fun months playing it, but then iOS updated and I lost the hack and never bothered to play it again.

in Gt Sport, I think they've so far made the microtransaxctions 100% non obtrusive. They have 0 impact on the game to those who ignore them. Aside of course from Sander who apparently is unable to access content but can't/won't divulge which content that is....
They weren’t unobtrusive enough for you to not buy them!

what you mean is something like this:

431189-gran-turismo-5-xl-edition-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

They weren’t unobtrusive enough for you to not buy them!

Here you go mate. This might help - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unobtrusive

It was my choice to buy them. Unobtrusive doesn't mean invisible. And its your choice not to buy them with real money. The cars I purchased are all available to you. You're not missing out on anything by opting not to use the microtransactions. So where's the issue?

Seems you still refuse to answer the question posed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring back all the cars and tracks from GT Sport(but make the damn $20 million cars way more accessible), plus some new cars and tracks, revamp the penalty and ghosting systems, improve wheel support (my G29 feels miles better in PC2, AC, F1 and even GT6), bring in wet weather and maybe time of day progression and improve the physics model.

Bring it for 2019, I’ll buy it, bring it in 2020 uprezed for PS5 and I’ll buy it again. (I’m willing to spend money Kaz, just keep that micro transaction crap far away, I’m not a Fortnight suckling)

You want a Spec 2 update like GT5 right?

Here you go mate. This might help - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unobtrusive

It was my choice to buy them. Unobtrusive doesn't mean invisible. And its your choice not to buy them with real money. The cars I purchased are all available to you. You're not missing out on anything by opting not to use the microtransactions. So where's the issue?

Seems you still refuse to answer the question posed!
And something in the game design compelled you to make this choice to buy the micro transactions.

The issue is that I would like to drive all cars in the game and I haven’t been able to. It’s not a coincidence that opting for the micro transactions would help me do that.

...not gonna happen, I just see this game expanding up until fully released GT7, or next PS with next gen game...

You want a Spec 2 update like GT5 right?
Hard to say because this was the PS3 generation and we’re coming up on PS5 already in a year or two and many things have changed in the gaming industry.

Games as a service has taken a strong foothold. Game development is a costly venture but at the same time there’s a potential for huge profits. GT Sport has been discounted heavily because sales tell only half the story when it comes to revenue.
The other half of the story comes via piecemeal sales pitches and this transition from a traditional model to a games as a service model has been rough.

The issue is that I would like to drive all cars in the game and I haven’t been able to. It’s not a coincidence that opting for the micro transactions would help me do that.

Yes and another thing that would help you do that is Bluemooning for credits. Or just playing as normal and accumulating credits. As I've said in other posts, I agree that the gift car awards need reforming so that someone who logs in and does the daily workout at least 180 times (ie. has owned the game for 6 months) should have every car in the game available to drive. To force people to grind endlessly boring races just to be able to have every car is stupid. I don't think microtransactions have anything to do with it though. This is corroborated by the fact that the microtransations don't even allow you to buy the most expensive cars, so your argument falls flat.

btw. Didn't the grinding for high price cars exist in previous versions of GT too?

Last edited:
Yes and another thign that would help you do that is Bluemooning for credits. Or just playing and accumulating credits. As I've said in other posts, I agree that the gift car awards need reforming so that someone who logs in and does the daily workout at least 180 times (ie. has owned the game for 6 months) should have every car in the game available to drive. To force people to grind endlessly boring races just to be able to have every car is stupid. I don't think microtransactions have anything to do with it though. This is corroborated by the fact tat the icrotransations don't even allow you to buy the most expensive cars, so your argument falls flat.

btw. Didn't the grinding for high price cars exist in previous versions of GT too?
I really can’t imagine how you miss the fact that obviously you save your in game currency only for the most expensive cars by using your real bucks for the less expensive ones.

-Grinding the same thing repeatedly is a great sales pitch for the micro transaction alternative.

Tellingly, there’s still no answers to these questions:

When the alternative to being "nickel and dimed" is getting $10'd or $20'd... uh, yes.

Answer these two simple questions:
  • Of your suggestions, which can't be done to the existing game? Bonus question: which hasn't already happened at some point in the franchise's life anyway?
  • How much have you been "nickel and dimed" for the updates that PD has already applied to GT Sport over the last 364 days?

Tellingly, there’s still no answers to these questions:
The updates are far from their potential. They are free so it’s not surprising we’re getting what we pay for and at the same time still getting steered towards micro transactions. It’s the worst of both worlds. Every time you fail to win the car you want on the spinner is an indirect sales pitch for you to buy micro transactions.

-It’s not a matter of what can be updated. Hell, you can literally update Overwatch to make it God of War if it was only a technical consideration.

[QUOTE="Randombeef, post: 12506269, member: 284674] rinse and repeat]/QUOTE

Best. GT subtitle. Ever.

Gran Turismo - the Real Rinse & Repeat Simulator

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Randombeef, post: 12506269, member: 284674] rinse and repeat]/QUOTE

Best. GT subtitle. Ever.

Gran Turismo - the Real Rinse and Repeat Simulator

The updates are far from their potential.

Based on what? You personally not liking them?

They are free so it’s not surprising we’re getting what we pay for

So your solution to getting free updates is a whole new full price game.

Yep. Makes perfect sense.

and at the same time still getting steered towards micro transactions.

Yep, that thing you can turn off from the options menu and not see a mention of it.

Every time you fail to win the car you want on the spinner is an indirect sales pitch for you to buy micro transactions.

In the same sense showing the 20m cars in the dealership is.

-It’s not a matter of what can be updated. Hell, you can literally update Overwatch to make it God of War if it was only a technical consideration.

It very much is. You’re rallying against the idea of optional, small amounts of money to unlock things that are readily available in game. Your proposed solution is to lock all current GT Sport players out of future content — the sort that PD has already been adding for free — unless they pay for an entirely new game.

Based on what? You personally not liking them?

So your solution to getting free updates is a whole new full price game.

Yep. Makes perfect sense.

Yep, that thing you can turn off from the options menu and not see a mention of it.

In the same sense showing the 20m cars in the dealership is.

It very much is. You’re rallying against the idea of optional, small amounts of money to unlock things that are readily available in game. Your proposed solution is to lock all current GT Sport players out of future content — the sort that PD has already been adding for free — unless they pay for an entirely new game.
-Based on the dozens, maybe hundreds of threads complaining about the game in this very forum. Based on such a diminished player base that D drivers are matched with A’s and S’s and everything in between.

-Like I already said, just because PD hasn’t charged us doesn’t mean it’s for free. Game development is very costly and so do you think the other shoe has not or will not fall?

-Turning off micro transactions in the options has a superficial effect.

Back