I’d be happy with a GT Sport 2019 Ed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sander 001
  • 91 comments
  • 9,238 views
This way of updating Rainbow Six Siege has worked great for UBISOFT. I dont care if they keep the base game and release updates and content for it for three years. Next new GT game should be on ps5 not ps4.
 
There's a good case for a paid for Spec2 for GTS. For starters, it's tough to expect PD to keep churning out new and re-rez'd content for free for a good 3 years or more. If throwing money at some of the thornier problems will solve them, I'd be happy to oblige!

The problem with expecting GT7 (or whatever it gets called) with the PS5 is, when has PD ever managed to get a release out to coincide with a new console? GT5p Dec 2007, PS3 Nov 2006. GTS Oct 2017, PS4 Nov 2013. The gap keeps getting bigger.

The earliest prediction for a PS5 arrival is Xmas 2019, and if that early, probably means something backwards compatible with a PS4Pro (as the US gets close to 50% 4K adoption). So probably not as forward thinking as most would like, or new features really need. Likelier predictions put a really new Playstation in 2020 or 2021.

Now add PD's historical release lag time. It gets ugly, doesn't it?!

So it looks like PD are going to need at least one more major release on PS4, already taxed to the max running current-gen graphics, and insufficient horsepower for more realistic handling and tire models, or stuff like more realistic fault detection for Sport Mode. Having bet the farm on eye candy and blown the PS4's power on gorgeous lighting models rather than physics and tire model accuracy (which was PC2 and AC's focus), there's not a lot left over to do the ToD and weather models that would bring GT into more direct comparison with its rivals.

It really looks like PD are painted into a corner. It looks pretty, but it is tied to needing a new console to progress, and may need to energize its base with a ton of more content. Are we likely to fork over for a full priced new PS4 title with little more than tracks and cars? After all, we've been getting them for free for a year now..! But the thornier issues may prove tough to solve. And the solution of a new console seems a LONG way away (or at least the PD game that runs on it!).

But a half price 'SpecII' might be the solution that PD needs. More money for track rights, car rights, modelers, dev team salaries to keep throwing content at us while the PD works at their usual glacial pace preparing for the new console. But a full price title without ToD, weather and a ton of new features? That's going to be a hard sell unless PD pull the GTS servers down. That's not going to sit well with the faithful...
 
-Based on the dozens, maybe hundreds of threads complaining about the game in this very forum. Based on such a diminished player base that D drivers are matched with A’s and S’s and everything in between.

-Like I already said, just because PD hasn’t charged us doesn’t mean it’s for free. Game development is very costly and so do you think the other shoe has not or will not fall?

-Turning off micro transactions in the options has a superficial effect.

None of this answers why they can't do this in free update instead of a new game for which we'd have to pay.

Also - you are aware that you can't spend real cash on cars that cost anything over 2 million in-game credits, right? None of the content is locked behind a pay wall or artificial pay wall, never has been. And, the most expensive cars that can even be purchased with real $$ only require about an hour or two of play time to earn.

I just struggle to see where you're coming from.
 
None of this answers why they can't do this in free update instead of a new game for which we'd have to pay.

Also - you are aware that you can't spend real cash on cars that cost anything over 2 million in-game credits, right? None of the content is locked behind a pay wall or artificial pay wall, never has been. And, the most expensive cars that can even be purchased with real $$ only require about an hour or two of play time to earn.

I just struggle to see where you're coming from.
I don’t know how many times I have to explain something so obvious: The in game currency you save by buying cars with real cash can go towards buying the $20 million cars, $15 million cars etc.

And again, it’s not a free update if you’re looking beyond only one perspective. The fallout from that is we have a product that falls far short of its potential.
 
The in game currency you save by buying cars with real cash

...Is still currency you can earn in-game.

I've never done any credit-grinding races, and aside from the first couple months of launch and early summer I haven't played all that frequently, and yet I've still managed to purchase a 20 mil car and win another on the prize wheel, and have a majority of the cars I want, either through normal purchase or from the prize wheel. The only reason I don't have all the cars I want right now is because I still have a lot of yet-incomplete livery and GT League plans on my to-do list.

I don't desperately want any of the other 10+mil unicorn cars right now, but theoretically, let's say PD adds some expensive Porsche or Chaparral race cars that I do want in my collection immediately - the ability to buy other cars with cash isn't going to help me get the new cars any quicker, and there is no pay wall or gameplay function funneling me towards a monetary purchase preventing me from getting the cars.

If you bought a single copy of each individual cash-purchasable car, you'd need to buy 14-15 cars (depending on where you classify Hamilton's F1 variants) to get a 20 million equivalent, and many of those cars are undesirable or Gr. X/VGTs, which either don't have a huge amount of functionality in the game right now and/or aren't usually high on people's want lists.

And, even with the argument of long amount of grind time to get the cars, this can be fixed with increased payouts, not a new game.

And again, it’s not a free update if you’re looking beyond only one perspective. The fallout from that is we have a product that falls far short of its potential.

I'm not sure I understand what that means.
 
So despite that these Transactions are not effecting the game economy nor forcing you into "Pay-to-win", your solution is for PD to completely circumvent this by making people shell out $60 or more for a yearly rerelease of literally the same game that only now has been out for a year as if it were a yearly sports title. And all because you can't access the 20 Million credit cars (non of which can be bought by said microtransactions as that only extends to cars under 2 Million credits, which doesn't take anywhere near enough time to get as the 20 Million credit cars do) as well as your apparent unspecifiable destain for what is effectively the least harmful form of Microtransactions (Ideally, the one I think most would prefer over the kind that intentionally takes advantage of a game with a crappy progression designed specifically to drain your wallet). Also, the idea that the daily Mileage (which is simply the oldest form of RNG that was there in GT3) "Spins you into Microtransactions" just because you don't get the car you want is abit out there and this is coming from someone who could effectively start a I8 dealership with the amount of those I have. This sounds less like a reasonable suggestion and more like a idea born out of both frustration due to not getting the million credit cars AND the apparent paranoia that ALL Microtransactions are bad and that this somehow marks the end times for PD without any evidence to back up how this is anything like the kinds we've seen in other games.

As much as I agree the grind for 20 Million credit cars without something akin to the daily login bonus of GT6 is abit of a stretch, this idea of yours is even more out there.
 
I really can’t imagine how you miss the fact that obviously you save your in game currency only for the most expensive cars by using your real bucks for the less expensive ones.

-Grinding the same thing repeatedly is a great sales pitch for the micro transaction alternative.

two points to make:

- it hadn't even occured to me to save in game currency and spend real money instead. Had no bearing on my decision. I bought 4 cars with real cash the day I started playing the game 'cos I wanted to fang around in some cool machines straight away. In fact, the knowledge that I could do this, is what made me start playing the game. I didn't want to be tied to using lower end vehicles. Although I now know that progression happens pretty quickly and it would've only taken a few days to be winning and using some good cars.

- Microtransactions were introduced to GTSport only about 3 months ago. Before they were introduced, the exact same grinding thing existed in GT SPort, and I believe in every other GT game before GT Sport. So again - your argument that the game has been designed around pushing users toward microtransactions, seems to fall flat.
 
So despite that these Transactions are not effecting the game economy nor forcing you into "Pay-to-win", your solution is for PD to completely circumvent this by making people shell out $60 or more for a yearly rerelease of literally the same game that only now has been out for a year as if it were a yearly sports title. And all because you can't access the 20 Million credit cars (non of which can be bought by said microtransactions as that only extends to cars under 2 Million credits, which doesn't take anywhere near enough time to get as the 20 Million credit cars do) as well as your apparent unspecifiable destain for what is effectively the least harmful form of Microtransactions (Ideally, the one I think most would prefer over the kind that intentionally takes advantage of a game with a crappy progression designed specifically to drain your wallet). Also, the idea that the daily Mileage (which is simply the oldest form of RNG that was there in GT3) "Spins you into Microtransactions" just because you don't get the car you want is abit out there and this is coming from someone who could effectively start a I8 dealership with the amount of those I have. This sounds less like a reasonable suggestion and more like a idea born out of both frustration due to not getting the million credit cars AND the apparent paranoia that ALL Microtransactions are bad and that this somehow marks the end times for PD without any evidence to back up how this is anything like the kinds we've seen in other games.

As much as I agree the grind for 20 Million credit cars without something akin to the daily login bonus of GT6 is abit of a stretch, this idea of yours is even more out there.
First of all, recheck your math because it wouldn’t be yearly would it?

And my idea is “out there” when there are several other franchises that actually do yearly releases and sell $120 gold editions on top of that? And still sell better than GT.

But those franchises rely more and more on their up sells and that’s a problem that gets worse for the consumer, not better. You feel like the micro transactions have no effect, great but I do. We all have different lines. Have you played something like NBA 2k18? Would that cross your line?

The point is that the line is blurry. And that’s by design, to ease us into the idea gradually. This is a business and they want to maximize profits. This time you’re nudged towards micro transactions, the next game you may be railroaded.

Let’s not be cheap but at the same time let’s not be nickel and dimed.
 
GT6 should have been targeted for PS4’s launch window. It was a strategic mistake by Sony to keep supporting PS3. In reality PS3 hardware and software sales crashed far quicker than anyone expected.

It’s possibly a little different with PS4 and PS4 Pro. Plus the very strong likelihood PS5 will have PS4 BC. That said it still makes upmost sense to continue supporting GT Sport with content that will be transferable to PS5. Then, be it late 2019 or 2020, PD can announce their PS5 GT.

Hopefully the next GT will be released within PS5’s launch window for all the reasons listed above.
 
@Sander 001 Mate with all due respect your argument is wavering all over the place. Your initial position was "mtx in GT Sport make me unable to access some content".

This evolved into "well ok, mtx don't actually stop me accessing content but they make me more tempted to take shortcuts to owning cheap cars while saving my in game currency for the pricey ones".

The most recent iteration is "well ok mtx have no effect on me now, but I just don't like them in principle 'cos I see what they've done to other games and I fear for the future of the industry that I'm passionate about".

There's nothing wrong with the last position. Its a valid concern and I respect it. You're better off just stating it as it is though, rather than making it out to be other things (see the first few versions of your argument above).

The world changes. Things evolve. As much as people liked VHS and cassette tapes, they moved on to DVD's and CD's. And then they chucked them out. The gaming industry is also evolving, Like it or not, mictotransactions are a part of it. The key for game publishing houses, is to find a balance between making games as accesible as possible to all types of gamers, without pissing off other gamers. Luckily we have this thing called the free market which does a pretty good job of sorting that stuff out.

It may interest you to know that the existence of microtransactions may well bring many people into gaming, who previously stayed away. Wanna know why my recently acquired PS4 Pro is the first playsation I've owned since 1998? No, I thought not. Boring story. I'll tell you anyway. Games sucked too much time. I was aware of all these awesome games but I stayed away 'cos I knew they'd sink too much of my time. I got my PS4 Pro super cheap. Thats the only reason I bought it. I didn't even buy GT Sport at first. I was speaking to friends about getting gamesaves so I can have everything unlocked. They told me I can't copy gamesaves easily like with my original psx. However they told me that many games let you pay real money to unlock stuff. Thats what I needed to hear. I was in. So GT Sport gained a player, purely off the back of the availability of those microtransactions. I know you probably don't want to read this, but its true. Many time poor people like myself who might otherwise stay away from games, will be attracted by the fact that they can pay a few bucks to progress and open up all levels, tracks, worlds, cars, spaceships, whatever.

Sorry man. Thats just the way it is.
 
First of all, recheck your math because it wouldn’t be yearly would it?

Its not the math I 'm using. The way you worded it seems to imply that's the style you want them to go.

And my idea is “out there” when there are several other franchises that actually do yearly releases and sell $120 gold editions on top of that? And still sell better than GT.

Its quite out there when you are talking about a franchise that has never had a yearly release model and you somehow thinking paying for the exact same game over and over is somehow a solution for "content you can't access". You literally are willing to just throw money at a problem that can be addressed now by having them release the same game with fixes and having people pay $60 for a slightly tweaked version of a game they already payed that sme $60 for. Frankly not seeing how that is anymore rational then a business model you seem to have a problem with.

But those franchises rely more and more on their up sells and that’s a problem that gets worse for the consumer, not better. You feel like the micro transactions have no effect, great but I do. We all have different lines. Have you played something like NBA 2k18? Would that cross your line?

If you could not put words in my mouth. I'm simply stated that the Microtransactions in THIS game aren't pay-to-win nor have a Progression that basically was intentionally poorly designed to use it (which is a fact, not a opinion). As someone whose grinded before AND after the additions, I still see NO effect with it. Economy is still the say wayward grind it was from the start, the Daily Mileage is still no better then a slot machine in terms of luck (and those things are practically rigged to drain you dry if you know the dirty secrets of them) and none of the million credit cars are anymore easily attainable then they were before (apart from a new race which even then, guess what you need for that?). So where exactly is the game being effected by optional Micro-transactions? From all the factual evidence I see based on my playing of it since Day 1, I'm not seeing it.
​
The point is that the line is blurry. And that’s by design, to ease us into the idea gradually. This is a business and they want to maximize profits. This time you’re nudged towards micro transactions, the next game you may be railroaded.

Again, you're basing this on the idea that now people can buy cars with real money that are not impossible to attain in-game. If they were the million credit cars, maybe I can see your point since they usually have the most expensive or desirable content behind such a paywall. The fact those cars are NOT one of the available cars from the PSN doesn't seem to suggest that. Pretty sure from what I noticed, the kind of Microtransactions you talk about aren't subtle or "Blurry" at all. You pretty much know you're getting some heavy handed microtransactions the moment the games progression is god awful from release and you have them basically shoved in your face (at the very least, the most egregious examples I've seen are not aware of what subtly is).

Let’s not be cheap but at the same time let’s not be nickel and dimed.

Which is ironically the problem with your idea for a "2019" edition: People paying $60,00 or more a second time just to have a fix in the new game that could easily be done with the previously released game (That literally just came out a year ago). Pretty sure people wouldn't find that a better idea.
 
Its not the math I 'm using. The way you worded it seems to imply that's the style you want them to go.



Its quite out there when you are talking about a franchise that has never had a yearly release model and you somehow thinking paying for the exact same game over and over is somehow a solution for "content you can't access". You literally are willing to just throw money at a problem that can be addressed now by having them release the same game with fixes and having people pay $60 for a slightly tweaked version of a game they already payed that sme $60 for. Frankly not seeing how that is anymore rational then a business model you seem to have a problem with.



If you could not put words in my mouth. I'm simply stated that the Microtransactions in THIS game aren't pay-to-win nor have a Progression that basically was intentionally poorly designed to use it (which is a fact, not a opinion). As someone whose grinded before AND after the additions, I still see NO effect with it. Economy is still the say wayward grind it was from the start, the Daily Mileage is still no better then a slot machine in terms of luck (and those things are practically rigged to drain you dry if you know the dirty secrets of them) and none of the million credit cars are anymore easily attainable then they were before (apart from a new race which even then, guess what you need for that?). So where exactly is the game being effected by optional Micro-transactions? From all the factual evidence I see based on my playing of it since Day 1, I'm not seeing it.
​


Again, you're basing this on the idea that now people can buy cars with real money that are not impossible to attain in-game. If they were the million credit cars, maybe I can see your point since they usually have the most expensive or desirable content behind such a paywall. The fact those cars are NOT one of the available cars from the PSN doesn't seem to suggest that. Pretty sure from what I noticed, the kind of Microtransactions you talk about aren't subtle or "Blurry" at all. You pretty much know you're getting some heavy handed microtransactions the moment the games progression is god awful from release and you have them basically shoved in your face (at the very least, the most egregious examples I've seen are not aware of what subtly is).



Which is ironically the problem with your idea for a "2019" edition: People paying $60,00 or more a second time just to have a fix in the new game that could easily be done with the previously released game (That literally just came out a year ago). Pretty sure people wouldn't find that a better idea.
"easily done"?? That's the most wrong thing I've read all week. If it's as easy as you seem to think it is, it would've been done already a long time.
Microtransactions are only one of the issues I have and I never said slightly tweaked version either. Right now we're actually getting slightly tweaked and it falls short. Do you understand?

And I've been playing since day 1 as well and the moment I saw cars worth millions, the daily spinner being what it is and the event payouts, I knew microtransactions would return despite Kaz saying they wouldn't.

Some games do microtransactions poorly, some do them better. Like I said, they try to ease you into the idea which is exactly why the most expensive cars aren't available for real money. Of course you wouldn't see a difference before and after, they are far from stupid.

Do you have a suggestion? You have other franchises selling the aforementioned Gold editions for $130 every single year with loads of people liking the idea, you have some F2P games making $300 million per month. PD/SIE are going to want in on that and they have been laying groundwork with many people not even realizing what's happening and what will happen.
 
"easily done"?? That's the most wrong thing I've read all week. If it's as easy as you seem to think it is, it would've been done already a long time.
Microtransactions are only one of the issues I have and I never said slightly tweaked version either. Right now we're actually getting slightly tweaked and it falls short. Do you understand?

And I've been playing since day 1 as well and the moment I saw cars worth millions, the daily spinner being what it is and the event payouts, I knew microtransactions would return despite Kaz saying they wouldn't.

Some games do microtransactions poorly, some do them better. Like I said, they try to ease you into the idea which is exactly why the most expensive cars aren't available for real money. Of course you wouldn't see a difference before and after, they are far from stupid.

Do you have a suggestion? You have other franchises selling the aforementioned Gold editions for $130 every single year with loads of people liking the idea, you have some F2P games making $300 million per month. PD/SIE are going to want in on that and they have been laying groundwork with many people not even realizing what's happening and what will happen.

How much money will you save with "GTS: 2019 Edition" vs. GTS continuing as it is now?
 
You have other franchises selling the aforementioned Gold editions for $130 every single year

Names of games?

GT Sport is ridiculously cheap to buy. Ie. Its widely accessible. And the mtx and their cautious implementation make the game appealing to people who are time-poor. Sounds like a winning strategy to me! Would you be content if they offered an "unlock everything" mtx for say $120? That'd give you the ability to a) buy the game cheaply and b) pay a larger once off payment to access all the content you want to access.

Thoughts?
 
"easily done"?? That's the most wrong thing I've read all week. If it's as easy as you seem to think it is, it would've been done already a long time.

So having a entirely separate game with said fixes rather then having an issue fix in the current one is any "easier" then?

Microtransactions are only one of the issues I have and I never said slightly tweaked version either. Right now we're actually getting slightly tweaked and it falls short.

Yet that's what you imply with both the title of the thread and this opening post:

Bring back all the cars and tracks from GT Sport(but make the damn $20 million cars way more accessible), plus some new cars and tracks, revamp the penalty and ghosting systems, improve wheel support (my G29 feels miles better in PC2, AC, F1 and even GT6), bring in wet weather and maybe time of day progression and improve the physics model.

In other words, a slightly improved version of a game you already have (which would require them to stop support for the current game NOW).

And here you are again, implying you'd rather throw money at a shinier version of essentially the same game:

Bring it for 2019, I’ll buy it, bring it in 2020 uprezed for PS5 and I’ll buy it again. (I’m willing to spend money Kaz, just keep that micro transaction crap far away, I’m not a Fortnight suckling)

Again, how is this any better then optional Micro transactions?

Do you understand?

Same applies for you. Do you see that you are basically suggesting one business move people don't like be suddenly replaced with another Business move that people don't like? You are so paranoid about this game heading one sketchy direction, you are actually willing to pay for them to go another sketchy direction (which even includes a new console, which will automatically mean coughing way more money for a whole new system ontop of the same basic game). Maybe its just me, but all I'm seeing is your own logic defeating itself.
​
And I've been playing since day 1 as well and the moment I saw cars worth millions, the daily spinner being what it is and the event payouts, I knew microtransactions would return despite Kaz saying they wouldn't.

So them bringing back a feature that was in a previous GT game and simply making it a daily feature was an automatic clue. Did you actually play Gran Turismo 3?

Some games do microtransactions poorly, some do them better. Like I said, they try to ease you into the idea which is exactly why the most expensive cars aren't available for real money. Of course you wouldn't see a difference before and after, they are far from stupid.

Or maybe like in the case with GT6, they are well aware of the uproar people have with it entirely so again, its optional. You suspicion comes awfully close to tin-foil hat territory.

Do you have a suggestion? You have other franchises selling the aforementioned Gold editions for $130 every single year with loads of people liking the idea, you have some F2P games making $300 million per month. PD/SIE are going to want in on that and they have been laying groundwork with many people not even realizing what's happening and what will happen.

I would like to see what games have "gold editions" being sold for $130 every year. I've seen some ludicrous Pre-Order ones that were steep in price, but not these "Gold" editions.

As for any "suggestion", simple ones from me to PD: fix the iffy penalty system, Fix the really off tire model and track model (the one where the tire falloff and track grip don't work in anyway believable), fix the default setups on the cars (a "suggestion" many have made) and then give the game all this content people want to moan about all day. No stupid resale of the same product just because they made certain cars easier to get. I'd say that's easily more attainable. And yes, I dare say that's "easier" then having them get massive backlash for abandoning a game just to resale the same thing a year later as a "new game" as you seem to suggest.
​
 
Last edited:
So having a entirely separate game with said fixes rather then having an issue fix in the current one is any "easier" then?



Yet that's what you imply with both the title of the thread and this opening post:



In other words, a slightly improved version of a game you already have (which would require the to stop support NOW).

And here you are again, implying you'd rather throw money at a shinier version of essentially the same game:



Again, how is this any better then optional Micro transactions?



Same applies for you. Do you see that you are basically suggesting one business move people don't like be suddenly replaced with another Business move that people don't like? You are so paranoid about this game heading one sketchy direction, you are actually willing to pay for them to go another sketchy direction (which even includes a new console, which will automatically mean coughing way more money for a whole new system ontop of the same basic game). Maybe its just me, but all I'm seeing is your own logic defeating itself.
​


So them bringing back a feature that was in a previous GT game and simply making it a daily feature was an automatic clue. Did you actually play Gran Turismo 3?



Or maybe like in the case with GT6, they are well aware of the uproar people have with it entirely so again, its optional. You suspicion comes awfully close to tin-foil hat territory.



I would like to see what games have "gold editions" being sold for $130 every year. I've seen some ludicrous Pre-Order ones that were steep in price, but not these "Gold" editions.

As for any "suggestion", simple ones from me to PD: fix the iffy penalty system, Fix the really off tire model and track model (the one where the tire falloff and track grip don't work in anyway believable), fix the default setups on the cars (a "suggestion" many have made) and then give the game all this content people want to moan about all day. No stupid resale of the same product just because they made certain cars easier to get. I'd say that's easily more attainable. And yes, I dare say that's "easier" then having them get massive backlash for abandoning a game just to resale the same thing a year later as a "new game" as you seem to suggest.
​
-You’re not following what I’m saying AT ALL. It’s not about ease; it’s about getting properly financed and funded because game development is very costly, very far from easy. You can call the updates whatever semantics argument you want, the point is this: Whatever you think of the updates, they’d be better with better funding.

-Yes I played GT3 and it wasn’t nearly as grindy; I don’t remember needing to do nearly 4,000 laps on the same track for 4 cars.

-FIFA, NHL, Madden, Assassin Creed, Call of Duty are some of the games. And they all sell better than GT with the possible exception of hockey. And they all have micro transactions.

-Those are great suggestions! Now how about coming up with suggestions while pretending money doesn’t grow on trees?
 
-You’re not following what I’m saying AT ALL. It’s not about ease; it’s about getting properly financed and funded because game development is very costly, very far from easy. You can call the updates whatever semantics argument you want, the point is this: Whatever you think of the updates, they’d be better with better funding.

So once again, this entire scummy idea of yours comes back to not having the cars you want so you want those somehow faster in the game by having them behind a retail paywall in another game (all the while disliking one business practice that literally includes putting highly disireable content people want behind a paywall). Do you know what hypocrisy is?

-Yes I played GT3 and it wasn’t nearly as grindy; I don’t remember needing to do nearly 4,000 laps on the same track for 4 cars.

Funny, not the reason why I bought up GT3:



Again, THIS being bought back and basically turned into a daily feature is somehow enough evidence for you suspect the direction they are going. Once again, Tinfoil hat territory.


-FIFA, NHL, Madden, Assassin Creed, Call of Duty are some of the games. And they all sell better than GT with the possible exception of hockey. And they all have micro transactions.

Well would you look at that. The first three games you mention are yearly release sports titles (titles which regularly outsell ANY Racing game because surprise, there are way more stick and ball sports fans then racing fans. Go figure). Regarding Assassin's Creed ad Call Of Duty: Oh look, more massively popular titles that again are more popular then racing sims even before Microtransactions were a thing. You starting to see a theme here?

And you somehow think GT jumping on THAT train (which many people Don't like) is somehow a better idea then the supposedly Microtransaction route you think they are heading, which people also don't like. No wonder I'm not "Following" you at all, I see nothing but contradictions in your suggestion, which again is literally no better for the customer then the microtransactions you don't want.

-Those are great suggestions! Now how about coming up with suggestions while pretending money doesn’t grow on trees?

Funny, my suggestions is way better at taking into consideration money doesn't magically appear (especially for the people paying for a full game) then yours does (and oh look, people don't have to drop money for fix that can be added in the current game with mine. Looks like Twitter won't be lighting up PD for abandoning the same game just to sell it again). I'm well aware game development isn't cheap but its ironic that for someone who doesn't want to be "Nickel and dimed", you are literally willing to throw cash at a solution that is still nickel and diming people. Frankly, you seem no better at "coming up with suggestions while pretending money doesn’t grow on trees".
 
Just because other companies do nonsense like several "ultimate" and "Gold" and standard editions doesnt mean that everyone should copy them.

These editions can be $80 to $130. Is that what people want? Granted they used to do GT5/6 collections editions.

I also feel like GT5 was in a state that they felt like they NEEDED a Spec 2.0 - can you say the same for GT Sport at this point in time?
 
All sounds like DLC content to me to be honest, and with cars now available for real cash, the DLC could grow and bring much of that.

If they reinvest it here, big if, they won't as there's no need at all. But if, it could be grwat to see but there's much could come that is in old GT's so they've a laundry list of 'new' content ready to go. But they could be recouping still for all we know, DLC that'd cost a pretty penny won't happening if so.

I think the pattern is set. A track and a few cars each month as it's more than enough to please as shown with each announcement. No need to spend much more here. 5m players or so is a low number compared to how gaming is booming at the moment, hence the backtracking over MTX, they need the cash/return and the game has cost peanuts for ages now too.

But yeah, that's gaming now. Pay full for part games and either pay for the rest, or wait and see if it's popular enough to get the rest added with the odd new nugget to please the whales. Say bye to balance. This is a more general point, not aimed fully at GT.
 
I paid the equivalent of about $25 usd for the std. disc and that's great value.

If you look at other franchises its $50 for the disc then you have car packs and ultimate editons and VIP and other nonsense.

I dont think anyone wants PD to do that... I'm sure than many many people here would happily pay say $25 usd for a car pack which includes all the high roller $10 mil. plus cars.

I feel like PD thinks that the high roller cars are unicorns worth grinding for... tracks are something that everyone should have access to.
 
I also feel like GT5 was in a state that they felt like they NEEDED a Spec 2.0 - can you say the same for GT Sport at this point in time?

Oh, desperately! The tire model is a joke, low speed grip is far from realistic, weather and ToD are nonexistent, the throttle response is crazy, the track list is minuscule, the road cars are a fraction of their former numbers...

IMHO, GTS needs a SpecII more than GT5 ever did!

And bring back Shuffle! :bowdown: Enough with this awful Sport Mode 🤬.

There's a great game potentially in this generation of GT. But we are a LONG way from it at present.
 
So once again, this entire scummy idea of yours comes back to not having the cars you want so you want those somehow faster in the game by having them behind a retail paywall in another game (all the while disliking one business practice that literally includes putting highly disireable content people want behind a paywall). Do you know what hypocrisy is?



Funny, not the reason why I bought up GT3:



Again, THIS being bought back and basically turned into a daily feature is somehow enough evidence for you suspect the direction they are going. Once again, Tinfoil hat territory.




Well would you look at that. The first three games you mention are yearly release sports titles (titles which regularly outsell ANY Racing game because surprise, there are way more stick and ball sports fans then racing fans. Go figure). Regarding Assassin's Creed ad Call Of Duty: Oh look, more massively popular titles that again are more popular then racing sims even before Microtransactions were a thing. You starting to see a theme here?

And you somehow think GT jumping on THAT train (which many people Don't like) is somehow a better idea then the supposedly Microtransaction route you think they are heading, which people also don't like. No wonder I'm not "Following" you at all, I see nothing but contradictions in your suggestion, which again is literally no better for the customer then the microtransactions you don't want.



Funny, my suggestions is way better at taking into consideration money doesn't magically appear (especially for the people paying for a full game) then yours does (and oh look, people don't have to drop money for fix that can be added in the current game with mine. Looks like Twitter won't be lighting up PD for abandoning the same game just to sell it again). I'm well aware game development isn't cheap but its ironic that for someone who doesn't want to be "Nickel and dimed", you are literally willing to throw cash at a solution that is still nickel and diming people. Frankly, you seem no better at "coming up with suggestions while pretending money doesn’t grow on trees".

You’re “well aware that game development isn’t cheap” yet absolutely nothing in your entire post suggests you’re cognizant of that. You don’t know what “nickel and diming” is either.


Just because other companies do nonsense like several "ultimate" and "Gold" and standard editions doesnt mean that everyone should copy them.

These editions can be $80 to $130. Is that what people want? Granted they used to do GT5/6 collections editions.

I also feel like GT5 was in a state that they felt like they NEEDED a Spec 2.0 - can you say the same for GT Sport at this point in time?
I brought up the other games having yearly release $130 gold editions, still filled with micro DLC to illustrate that is what GT should avoid and can avoid.

FIFA, Madden etc., didn’t start that way but gradually introduced many of their standard practices as time went on. It’s gradual because if they do too much, too fast, the audience will revolt like with Battlefront 2. You intimated at Forza and they had a revolt too with their VIP edition. So the racing genre is not immune from these practices, and we’re seeing that GT isn’t either.
 
I agree with you there - its the boiling frog thing.

Be that as it may, I feel like most people here think the sub $2 mil. car MTX is very minor as far as sins go.

Further the owner of this site has often brought up the fact that GT5 had a slew of onerous DLCs including single use paints??? And there was that famous $67,00 real world cost to buy $20 mil. credits in order to get a 250 GTO in game.

If anything PD are walking back their bad behaviour.

Majority of us here are not partaking in the GTS MTX thing... as we all know you can grind for a short time and really just use those credits to buy any sub $2 mil. car.
 
You’re “well aware that game development isn’t cheap” yet absolutely nothing in your entire post suggests you’re cognizant of that. You don’t know what “nickel and diming” is either.

Except I'm well aware of what Nickel and diming is hence my suggestions do NOT involve the idiotic idea of a developer abruptly dropping support for a current title just to slap all the desirable content in more or less the same game a year later with pretty new label on it (or the even more ridiculous idea of doing with a new console as well, which might as well be them throwing all their money at DLC and then some) . Ironic considering you're the one throwing the "Development is expensive" argument and being against Nickel and diming all while still suggesting a solution that still does that just by literally copying what yearly sports release titles do while ignoring all the holes in said solution (making you're accusation of me not being cognizant funny). If anything, it sounds like you are in no way cognizant of a solution that DOESN'T involve nickel and diming AT ALL (especially since YOU are the one willing to throw money at that solution, not everyone else that literally already doesn't like Micro transactions or Loot boxes). Let me see if I can get EA in contact with you since clearly are in touch with their sales methods.
 
I agree with you there - its the boiling frog thing.

Be that as it may, I feel like most people here think the sub $2 mil. car MTX is very minor as far as sins go.

Further the owner of this site has often brought up the fact that GT5 had a slew of onerous DLCs including single use paints??? And there was that famous $67,00 real world cost to buy $20 mil. credits in order to get a 250 GTO in game.

If anything PD are walking back their bad behaviour.

Majority of us here are not partaking in the GTS MTX thing... as we all know you can grind for a short time and really just use those credits to buy any sub $2 mil. car.
Exactly right, the frog sitting in water as the temperature slowly comes to boil; most people don’t even realize it’s happening. And I agree that PD have walked back their tactic but I feel as though they’re slowly turning the temperature back up again, trying different avenues.

In particular the micro transactions in this game I think are a lose-lose situation because they don’t even provide enough funding for updates which should be addressing long standing issues.

I think it’s really important to be vigilant because without fan backlash, they’d walk all over us. And we need to realize that we as GT fans aren’t eternally immune from what other players have gradually come to tolerate.
 
In particular the micro transactions in this game I think are a lose-lose situation because they don’t even provide enough funding for updates which should be addressing long standing issues.

How do you know that they don't provide enough funding for updates? Have PD publicly released financials? It seems like a pretty "out there" assumption to declare microtransactions (that have been live for only a few months now) a failure because the issues you'd like to see fixed, haven't yet been addressed.
 
I do agree with the previous post that we don't know how helpful the MTX are for the game, DLC or future titles. But that Frog in water analogy is a bloody good one to sum up many of my feelings with current gaming in areas. Just had to say that as it's so spot on, made me smile at how simple it really is with all these methods out there to encourage recurring spending.

It's never about companies looking to earn as much as they potentially can for me, have the cash and take mine even. It's just the impact in games I don't like so much, namely, grinding.

It really just irks me knowing 'that' tedious, boring, repetitive way is the way to go if you wish to get more from a game than you do just by natural progression or rewarding challenges/gameplay.

I'm no Sport mode fan. But if they paid what campaign raced did and offline was as sport mode is, complete reversal. I'd genuinely not complain. Sport mode, ignoring other issues*, is far more challenging and rewarding to do well in. Progress should improve with success far more than it does to make they key advertised part of the game more appealing.

*Matchmaking And the penalty system need attention too, IMO.
 
How do you know that they don't provide enough funding for updates? Have PD publicly released financials? It seems like a pretty "out there" assumption to declare microtransactions (that have been live for only a few months now) a failure because the issues you'd like to see fixed, haven't yet been addressed.
I can’t recall a game dev issue that wouldn’t be helped by additional resources.
 
I can’t recall a game dev issue that wouldn’t be helped by additional resources.

Precisely!

So why are you so anti mtx if you agree that resources are needed to fix the issues that bother you?

For all you know, the mtx have already fed $millions into PD's dev budget coffers and that money is, as we speak, funding development and fixes that will make you happy. And you haven't had to contribute a cent of your own money. Its all being funded by that % of gamers who are impatient and will pay to drive the cars they want to. As pointed out earlier, many gamers like and appreciate the mtx and are happy to spend a few bucks to save a few hours grinding, and in fact the mere existence of mtx might be what draws people to invest in a copy of GT Sport. It worked on me! I read on this forum about the F40 and 911 RSR and a few other cars and I wanted to drive them on day 1. So I paid a few $$$, downloaded the game and was hooked. Pretty effective marketing really. I see it more as everybody winning, rather than your lose-lose characterisation.

And a salient point also needs to be highlighted here; don't forget that when you start up the game for the first time, the Professional section of GT League is not available. It needs to be unlocked through hours of play. Ie. there's no quick way to grind for credits to buy expensive cars. Thats why its pretty attractive for a newbie to be able to spend a couple of bucks to be able to get straight behind the wheel of an F40 or 911 if they so desire.
 
Last edited:
I'm perfectly happy getting about 8 cars and a new track each month for free. More cars and more tracks aren't enough to warrant a "Spec 2.0", and features like dynamic weather, time of day changes, and full VR support in all modes aren't likely to happen until there's a GT game on PS5.

We will most likely continue to see new cars and new tracks added to GTS for at least the next year (unless a new game is announced before then). Various other enhancements, improvements, and fixes will also be implemented, but major new features and major improvements will likely be reserved for the next game. That could be GTS2, GT7, something else, PS4, or PS5. Nobody knows at this point, but considering how slowly PD works and how much support they're giving to monthly GTS updates, it's unlikely that a 2019 GT release would be a significant improvement over GTS.

I'm actually hoping the next GT will be on PS5, but I won't be surprised if they pull another GT6-style cash grab from that very large PS4 user base in 2020.
 
Back