i can make any FR, MR, RR, and FWD cars drift

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting' started by coreyskyline, Oct 15, 2008.

1. coreyskyline

coreyskyline

ok i got some of the requests done a few of them i dont own yet and dont know how to get so if i dont post it that is why lol
    and btw FWD is AWD like an EVO or a Skyline not FF so no more FF cars plz they do not drift right

the Chrysler Crossfire:
    needs s1 tires, racing exhaust, sports chip, stage 3 NA tune up, N20, racing breaks, racing suspension, racing transmission
    settings:
    suspension
    front/rear
    5.0/5.0
    83/83
    --/--
    3/3
    3/3
    2.0/1.0
    0/0
    3/0
    transmission auto set 10
    driving aids

Ford Taurus SHO
    n1 tires, racing transmission, racing suspension, racing exhaust
    settings
    suspension
    f/r
    4.6/3.0
    102/137
    --/--
    3/1
    3/1
    2.0/1.0
    0/0
    4/2
    transmission auto set 5
    driving aids

formula 1 car (really hard to start drift but once the back tires break loose its very driftable)
    settings
    suspension
    f/r
    10.0/10.0
    45/45
    --/--
    3/3
    3/3
    3.0/1.0
    0/-6
    --/--
    driving aids

Renault Megane
    racing exhaust, racing transmission, N2 tires, stage 3 turbo, racing suspension
    settings:
    suspension
    f/r
    4.4/3.4
    79/114
    --/--
    3/2
    3/3
    2.0/1.0
    0/0
    3/2
    transmission auto set 5
    driving aids

and i have already built a midget for my own entertainment lol
    here are the specs
    after its fully tuned with N1 tires
    settings
    suspension
    1.6/1.6
    99/99
    2/3
    2/3
    2.0/1.0
    0/0
    2/3
    transmission auto set 6
    driving aids
    limited slip
    --/5
    --/40
    --/5
    ill get the others asap

2. Perfect Balance

Perfect Balance Premium

You make some of the worlds softest suspensions.

1.6kg?

Thats about half of what a bone stock Civic is.

3. mafia_boy

mafia_boy (Banned)

When ALL of the aids are at 0/0/0 ON EVERY CAR, then talk to me because until then those settings you've put up are G-A-R-B-A-G-E. ;)

4. niky

niky Moderator

No weird cambers? No weight balance adjustments? No stabilizer adjustments? Errh... driving aids on?

5. nk4e

nk4e

Get 'EM! Yay for no balance Settings!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  6. Fluke

Fluke

Did he just say that FWD is like AWD????

I cant believe you tried with the megane.

But i have a feelng they arent the best possible settings....

7. Famine

Famine Administrator

In the funny world the rest of us humans come from, FWD is Front Wheel Drive, not Four Wheel Drive. Typically the abbreviations are FWD (front), RWD (rear) and 4WD (four).

You might also like to note that of your two examples of "AWD" cars, only one is actually AWD. The Skyline is 4WD and there's an important distinction between them.

8. I-ROC

I-ROC

Hm your right, FF's can't drift. In other words the Taurus cannot drift.

9. Fluke

Fluke

There is?

Im guessing its because the Skyline sends 60% of its power to the back wheels whereas the EVO is completely 50/50?

Im not sure, just a guess.

10. coreyskyline

coreyskyline

ok i finally got the benz patent motor wagen
    but only because you didnt say how far the drift had to be. and yes there is a trick to it
    and here it is.
    remove all driving aids, go to apricot hill raceway forward in original courses, do a photo drive, as soon as you reach 11mpg tap the e-brake, roll untill you hit 19mph then hit the e-brake again and drift. its only a slit second so enjoy it while you can

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/coreyskyline/?action=view&current=benzdrift.jpg

and for normal cars
    here is the lancer evolution VIII
    you need to buy
    S1 tires, racing suspension, racing transmission, and turbo stage 2
    settings
    suspension
    f/r
    5.6/4.4
    92/92
    --/--
    3/3
    3/3
    2.0/1.0
    0/0
    2/2
    transmission auto set 9
    driving aids

1999 honda NSX
    buy racing exhaust, racing suspension, racing transmission, S1 tires NA tune up stage 3
    settings
    suspension
    f/r
    4.0/4.4
    89/89
    --/--
    3/3
    2/3
    0.5/1.5
    0/0
    2/3
    transmission auto set 8
    driving aids (again)

11. Ambiguity

Ambiguity

From my understanding 4WD cars are usually RWD cars(actually this is usually on a truck or SUV) until the 4WD is engaged. AWD cars however always have four wheels working, and each tire can operate at it's own speed.AWD can also be used on dry pavement(normal condition streets), you can't do that with a 4WD.

12. coreyskyline

coreyskyline

"When ALL of the aids are at 0/0/0 ON EVERY CAR, then talk to me because until then those settings you've put up are G-A-R-B-A-G-E."
    what car do you want me to build? no ff and over 48hp

13. coreyskyline

coreyskyline

very good you get ten points lol :)

14. Fluke

Fluke

You may have flown into these forums on an 'ego-plane' but credit where its due, you are doing your best.

I wouldnt count that as a drift for the patent though, but then again, thats about as good as it can get.

15. Delphic Reason

Delphic Reason Staff Emeritus

Well, at least you're trying.

Yet...

Judging by the settings you have posted thus far, you have much to lerarn about tuning. Those soft suspensions are making the vehicles "bottom out", and your use of driving aids is quite counterproductive.

;)

16. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Oh i get it...corey put ASM oversteer on 20 to get the stability controls in my Crossfire to over-react; hence making it oversteery. Interesting...i never thought of doing that.

I did have a Lexus GS300 awhile back that i kept some ASM oversteer on + TCS but no ASM understeer (hence it looked like: 0-1-1) and in longer curves, the rear-end would start to break, even tho theoretically the ASM system is supposed to keep it from breaking.

Thanks for your response, Corey.

17. Fluke

Fluke

but surely using 0/20/0 would make the car wayward and unpredictable during the drift. It could cause snap oversteer.

18. Rykon Zero

Rykon Zero Premium

They snap oversteer as is.

19. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yes, you're exactly right. However, i noticed alot of people are giving corey :censored: about his method of drifting because he uses driving aids. But remember his original boast: I can make any car drift.

He didn't say "i can make any car drift without driving aids". He left that part open. So i say he's proved his point...and personally i would love to see if he can make a video showing us some action.

Of course, some people here aren't so open-minded. If a car has aids on, they say the drift isn't legit. I disagree. A drift is a drift..how you make it happen is how you make it happen. :idea: Eh?

On the other hand, i'll agree that coreyskyline's suspension tuning isn't very extensive. Alot of us here have tried and tried to get drifts from the cars listed so far mechanically with just settings, and it aint happening.

20. mafia_boy

mafia_boy (Banned)

Take the aids off the midget, then try it and see how you go and I'll be happy. :tup: It should show that you may need to start adjusting your settings to compensate for the lack of ASM. The Midget is FR too I hope you know. ;)

Parnelli, while I agree with the comment, the point of being a good drifter is doing it with the ASM off!! It's just like that Zonda video around GVS, sure it looks spectacular smoking wheels the whole lap completely sideways, but when you find out aids were used you feel cheated a bit. :ouch:

21. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I understand. But go back to his original claim: basically, he's saying he can make any car drift. We all said "okay, go ahead" but were we allowing ALL of the game's capabilities into the question? I certainly wasn't.

That's because we're looking at this from a narrow-minded approach. We're all expecting one of 3 things to happen:

1. coreyskyline makes all these claims but never returns to GTP, as so many other New Members have done.

2. coreyskyilne returns to GTP with some magical settings we've never thought of.

3. coreyskyline returns to GTP, and admits he never thought of trying to drift the cars we put on that list. Therefore, he fails in his claims.

Now, if there were some sort of competition where drifts must be created without the use of AIDS (oops, i mean aids) that's fine. But all he did was simply say he could do something....just because he does it with an unorthodox method doesn't mean those cars can't drift for real. :idea:

22. mafia_boy

mafia_boy (Banned)

I'm not knocking that they can't drift, after all they have N1's on for most of them (and S1's on the Crossfire & Evo). :D

Anyway, I can already see where this is going to head (bit of agree to disagree here going mate), better off taken to PM's between us.

I still want him to test his own creations WITHOUT ASM though! :sly:

Anyway, keep it up Corey. :tup:

23. AOS-

AOS- Premium

what zonda @ gvs vid?

this?

24. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah, me too. I've PMed corey myself, and he definately seems up for more here at GTP. :tup:

25. Fluke

Fluke

Yeah credit where he's due he's so far managed to live up to his boast.

If its sideways, its drifting, thats my philosophy.

26. mafia_boy

mafia_boy (Banned)

That's the one aTricoPro. :tup:

27. I-ROC

I-ROC

I am not a fan of the driving aids at all. But I agree that sideways is drifting.

but you really need to start using stiffer springs.

28. nk4e

nk4e

Can I challenge him then?
    GTR = AWD
    GT-S = FR
    Probably the cool model that probably came FR before was the R33 Road LM edition, which was a favorite in GT3.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  29. Fluke

Fluke

I tested his settings and theyre actually okay, but i did stiffen the springs and it was a bit easier to break the back end out, especially on tight corners.

But i am wholly impressed i was convinced he was lying but i think hes taking us all by surprise a bit!

30. Famine

Famine Administrator

GT-R = 4WD, not AWD

I'm a little lost why I'm being told this.

The poster claimed FWD meant AWD "like an EVO or a Skyline". He was implying only those Skylines with four driven wheels - I'd imagine as a keen drifter and GT player he is aware of two wheel drive Skylines...

It doesn't help that he's mixing terminologies. 4WD belongs to the group referencing only driven wheels - 4WD, AWD, FWD, RWD. The others belong to the group referencing engine position and driven wheels - FF, FR, F4, MR, M4, MF, RF, R4, RR.