I Give Up...

Right. Now it's time for some serious talk.

Simply asking people and not seeing them is helpful, but not as helpful as being in a lobby with experts etc.

If you want to drift, me and my team'll hook you up, I need your timezone and your PSN, and you'll be a drifter before you know it.

And I ain't taking no as a anwser...

Right. Now it's time for some serious talk.

Simply asking people and not seeing them is helpful, but not as helpful as being in a lobby with experts etc.

If you want to drift, me and my team'll hook you up, I need your timezone and your PSN, and you'll be a drifter before you know it.

And I ain't taking no as an anwser...

Fixed.
I'll try to PM you as soon as I can about the info.

You can excite any tyres LightningLord given your HP/setup/courage
I basically use what I would run on.
But then again, I'm failing...
Trick is in breaking traction, how easy/controllable is it to do that with your current setup.
That means all 4 wheels remember.
If it feels like death trap maybe you need to look at your setup perhaps not tyres.

Lots of good tips in this thread, like it, like it a lot.

So glad to hear you say this DolHaus,
"A personal favourite of mine, I'd say I use it for 90% of drifting".

I thought I left myself defenceless, with only one arrow in my quiver,
thinking I'm stuck with racing habits.

Maybe it's just that other great tip,
"Drive the line, not the car".
I know my eyes keep falling a lot in this discipline.
I will see if that helps.

Thanx guys.

Hello Everyone.

So I have a little story to tell about myself. I was playing GT5 one day and I met someone. I saw him drifting around in a Nissan R-34. I asked him how did he do that. He said he would tell me some basics on how to drift. He became my friend and he told me how to drift. He showed me how. I gave it a try and no luck. I tried by myself. Failed. Again. Failed. Again. For nearly two years. Every time I came home from school I went straight to GT5. To master the drift. No luck. No improvements. No matter what car I used. No matter what track. Countless times going to do races to build a new drift car. Nothing worked. I didn't stop. I kept trying. I built drift cars that were things from old 80's cars like a Mitsubishi Galant to a Ferrari 599 and a Formula F1. All kinds of drift cars. Mustangs, GTO's, STI's, S13's, Truenos, Celicas, nothing. It didn't stop me. I kept buying different cars in hopes of building the perfect car to perfect my drift skills. Nothing. I was about to throw my game away. I had it. The frustration. The trial and error. The endless tuning. Endless practice. All for nothing. I was just going to give up on the game. Then GT6 was announced. I pre ordered it and started playing it. After I got some cash, I bought a car...and tuned it for drifting. I tried to forget about it. I couldn't let it go. I try drifting for the first time in GT6. I crash. I bought a couple more cars and tried again. Same result. Failure. I gave up. I sold the cars. I will never drift. Trying to do this over the span of 2 years. For nothing. I was a failure. I can't do it. All I can do is just watch on the sidelines. Watching people drift like its a child's game. An easy task. While I'm out there just sitting there. Watching. So...now I ask. How can I drift? I can never get it down. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Don't give up dude! Keep trying! If it isn't the first time, then just keep trying until you succed. :cheers:

I'm having déjà vu again. My S15 is starting to behave like all the other "drift cars" I made back in GT5...I can hardly control the thing. I can hardly perform a "drift" with the thing. It justs wants to spin out...wow.

I'm having déjà vu again. My S15 is starting to behave like all the other "drift cars" I made back in GT5...I can hardly control the thing. I can hardly perform a "drift" with the thing. It justs want a to spin out...wow.
Then control the speed when you exit the corner. I already had this struggle but I already drifted a couple of cars with S13 for example.

Then control the speed when you exit the corner. I already had this struggle but I already drifted a couple of cars with S13 for example.
No the issue is keeping the damn car under control while entering the corner and during the corner.
Exits are ok.

No the issue is keeping the damn car under control while entering the corner and during the corner.
Exits are ok.
When entering the corner, brake and during the corner, control the speed by letting go the gas and then tap "X" slowly... Do you use controller?

if you are using a controller i recommend youusing this as your stick layout

R2- Accelerate
L2- Brake
Circle- E-Brake
Square- Gear Up
X- Gear Down
Triangle- Reverse

with the triggers as the gas and brake you will be able to control the throttle much better

if you are using a controller i recommend youusing this as your stick layout with the triggers as the gas and brake you will be able to control the throttle much better

R2- Accelerate
L2- Brake
Circle- E-Brake
Square- Gear Up
X- Gear Down
Triangle- Reverse

But my configurations are:
X- Acelerate
Circle- E Brake
Square- Brake
Triangle- Reverse
R2- Gear Up
L2- Gear Down

Yes I use controller.
Me too! 👍

R2- Accelerate
L2- Brake
Circle- E-Brake
Square- Gear Up
X- Gear Down
Triangle- Reverse

But my configurations are:
X- Acelerate
Circle- E Brake
Square- Brake
Triangle- Reverse
R2- Gear Up
L2- Gear Down

Me too! 👍
dont care for config, was helping him not you :lol:

CONTACT ME, an expert suspension setup will come you way for your S15, some people *streeto** lol have seen "PINKY the SILVIA" in action before !! PSN わ "SHAKOYM-JP" look forward to seeing you soon.
ALSO we can tune 1 on 1, if you are at all shy. I just started drifting in GT6, but if you know how suspension works, you can build drift cars left and right !!

If that's how you look at it, you'll never learn.

The learning phase is hard but if you tough it out and grasp the basics you'll never regret it.

It took me about 12 months from my first successful drift, to being comfortable tandeming with people on GT5.

you kinda have to get rid of the negative attitude and listen to the advice others are giving you(kinda the reason i turned my mic off). for one i was trying to help you set up your LSD which is something that is kinda vital to holding multiple drifts. The LSD controls the power to both wheels so having one that is set up properly for the way you drift will help

Back