I Give Up...

Keep away from RR, those are way too oversteering to start with
vuj1s3.jpg

I just saw this thread, I suppose nothing I say at this point will help.

Edit: @LightningLord I'm willing to hop on with you and help whenever you want bro, I remember when I first started drifting with my lime green R34 on Nurb in GT5, I know the feels.

You'll get there one day, drifting requires patience. Anyone with the mental capacity and the physical ability can do it though. In other words, any normal person can drift. :)

I've been drifting for over 3 years, yet as a fellow drifter in the GTP community, I wouldn't quite say I'm anywhere near what I want to be as a drifter... It takes time.

Last edited:
I decided to try out a drift trial yesterday, but had not much time, maybe 20 minutes, and I chose the '71 Ferrari Dino with Comfort Hards.

TM wheel, no aids

I took it to Brands Hatch, and whilst trying to finish the 4 sections, I was trying to figure out the scoring system, and came to realize, the faster your drivetrain wheels "spin", the higher the score gets, regardless of angle of drift, or speed of drift for that matter, but I could be wrong.

it was very hard to maintain drift, perhaps I chose the wrong car, but I started to tweak suspension and LSD to initiate drift , etc, but it was just one oversteer after another mid-drift, causing a 180 to score 0.

Then i slapped on comfort meds on the rear, and the scores just lit up to 1K per section, perhaps stickier tyres that spin hard grant more points? I closed in on gear ratios, tried various entry speeds, I imagine each different corner needs different entry speeds? I went in high gear, and slammed on gas to downshift, then modulated throttle through drift, but it would always always always just continue turning, no matter all different settings I tried, that was kinda a let down,

again I had 20 minutes, will try it again with a published tune.

I am new to drifting, and perhaps I will have better luck with heavier cars, as that is my choice for tracks like Nurburgring.

Yeah the points system is highly flawed as you've just realised @Lambob, it's not a good indication of how well you're drifting and it's quite an arcade-like concept anyway.

Most serious drifters don't bother with points for this reason.

I still drift in DT because of the added steering lock, but often on sections or reverse so those annoying point clicks don't interrupt me... :lol:

Nah son, real drifters go for points.... cause that's where seriously serious happens.

I know right. I know very few here go for points, but It's like people are trying to set records with hopes Kaz announces gt drift academy or something.

My only problem with DT is how fake it feels with a wheel. The wheel doean't flow through my fingers the same. TT feels more life like, so I only drive there at the cost of not driving with a few people which sucks.

To the OP

I was INTO drifting before I was into GT, so it only took me a full day to link a course. I knew what to do from watching it so much, so once I was introduced to GT, I had to figure out how to apply it which didn't take long.

Tandeming however, pisses me off sometimes until I feel the same as you. The slipstream is a major challenge for me, to the point where I just hit the power button. No saving, no raging, just the beep from pushing the button. Ja feels bro.

Hello everyone! I was kind of busy today playing GTA V. Launching fireworks rockets at police cars lol.

About drifting in GT6, with help from you guys, I have immensely improved compared to before. I'm far from perfect though. I still take certain drifts too slow or I enter a corner too fast. Aside from that, everything is going well! Thank you!

If you gave up, you're not worthy of the swift techniques anyway!
Fixed that for you.
Terms of Service & Acceptable Use Policy

• You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
As for giving up, I honestly think it was more of a plea for help than an absolute statement.

We should be asking you that question!
Haha! If you have to ask, I'm doing just fine! I am heavily depressed due to a real life issue but other than that, I'm fine.

Btw, if I plan on making a drift car for drifting around tight corners, what car should I use? I was thinking of using a 1983 Toyota Corolla Trueno but idk. What is your opinion?

I found the Celica xx to be a fun car around tight tracks, its got a slow chassis much like the ae86 so you don't need lightning fast reflexes to drive it. It can be a little tricky to tune though as its very front heavy for an odd reason. But a good spring balance and ballast position should be a good start in the right position.

Back