I Give Up...

What's your steering sensitivity at?
I usually kept mine at 1 for more smoothness. You should try 3 or 4. It sounds like your not putting enough steering input.

Don't give up it'll all be worth once you learn.
thats exactly what was happening that and not enough throttle, entering the corner wrong, not enough speed

The S15 can get a good 520BHP on a full tune. Have you tried using the Red Bull Standard Races for earning money?

As for drift cars, it's hard to suggest anything. Cheap options are the S13 and S15, the Fairlady Z33 (350Z) as well as Mazda RX7s are good.

Though, if you're looking for more speed, you can't go wrong with the very torquey Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 for only 35,000 Cr.

No. Does it pay good?
Very. Doing one 4 minute race can earn you 150,000 Cr. without the login bonus. They're quite easy as well once you get used to the car. Just make sure you switch to racing soft tyres in the driving options. On silverstone you can cut quite a few corners.

Even the kart/junior races leading to the standard pay well.

The weirdest thing happened:

I sold the S15 to save up for an NSX. I tired the Red Bull JR. event because that was the one I had access to. Those dumb AI drivers can't see me. This causes so much frustration. I almost broke my PS3. Those dumb drivers keep tapping me out for no reason. WTF. I ONLY GOT $240,000. WOW. I rebought the S15 and fully upgraded it. Now I'm going to see if it handles different.

Despite the AI's stupidity, they're pretty easy to anticipate when you've only got 300BHP.

Just push past them all, cut them up on the inside.

Well I tried the new S15. Honestly almost no difference. The fastest "drift" I managed to pull off was around 61 MPH on Suzuka Circuit East Course. @BayouSimDrifter says I need to go faster during drifts and I don't think 61 MPH is enough. And the car is fully upgraded...

Well I tried the new S15. Honestly almost no difference. The fastest "drift" I managed to pull off was around 61 MPH on Suzuka Circuit East Course. @BayouSimDrifter says I need to go faster during drifts and I don't think 61 MPH is enough. And the car is fully upgraded...

you are starting to close to the turn. you need a run up and stop smashing the gas up to the turn. if you wouldve noticed when most of us set up for the section we start a little farther back from the turn, we sont spin out tires until we start to initiate the drift. also start you drifts from OUT to IN not IN to IN. let of slightly to transition and get back on the throttle and countersteer properly. high speed ring and suzuka east are by for the easiest courses to learn on

If you don't think 61mph sideways is fast, then do it in real life and tell me that again. :lol:

Most of the corners on Suzuka are 40-50mph corners when it comes to drifting.

Personally I would forget the first corner, go up the S turns and turn around at the top and go back down, repeat.

Also, if you're on High Range turbo, try mid, drifting is usually better on low/mid turbo's as it reduces low-end bog.

----
----

Edit;

lggzODJ.png

^ As ninja said, this is probably the best section in the game to practice transitions and initiations. Just go from bridge to tunnel & back, making sure you have enough room to reach the initiation speed before you reach the corner.

Last edited:
LightningLord - I suck at drifting, but I will give you the only piece of advice I can give. Don't give up! You've got a lot of help here from very good people and we both will get there. As long as we don't give up! You came to the right place! Godspeed LL.
:cheers: :gtpflag:

@r34love & @LightningLord should become training buddies! :D
Sadly I don't have enough time to be any good, but I am watching and reading myself. We will always be training buddies in spirit. Thanks Streeto for your help, and everyone else who has been working to make the world a better place by producing more drift technicians. :D

I will add my 2 cents.

Now that you asked for help here, forget that you was trying it for 2 years and take a fresh approach to it. You have some great advices by some great drifters, so listen and be patience/positive. Drifting is not easy, you can buy a good car put a good tune on it but that does not mean it will magically starts to drift.

I think that low powered cars demand more skills to drift, so i would buy a V8. Maybe a standard Mustang GT is a good way to start since it is not very tail happy. No need for fully upgrading it, the most important thing is the LSD(5/60/60).
Take off a little bit of weight, and give the engine some life with light upgrades(keep it naturally aspirated). Try it, see if you like it, and then search for a good suspension tune.

Watch some real life drifts, and try to understand what the guy is doing(foot and hands).

Last edited:
You can excite any tyres LightningLord given your HP/setup/courage
Absolutely. Made the mistake of joining a room without restrictions today where there was someone in a 930-some-odd-hp Supra on Racing Hard tires. He was exciting them all right...exciting them right into every single wall and/or barrier and/or other player on the dang track.

Sounds like he couldn't escape his front end TexRex, it kept catching up with him.
The stickier the tyre the more front end exists on your steering wheel, harder to escape from.
Beauty of that is, the wider the range of input you can gain from the front end.
In other words, you have more resolution in your steering to start adjusting the attitude of the car with the front end as well.
Good drifters steer with the rear end.
Excellent drifters steer with both ends.

Remember, stickier the tyres, the harder to escape from front end input should you not require it at that given moment.
On the other hand, should you indeed want input from the front end, it is there in greater resolution.

You can also tune these attitudes in and out of the car as well, should the tyres be giving you trouble.
The extent you can adjust this will depend on the cars specs obviously.

Last edited:
:) Good and funny thread here. I was reading through it and thinking; "Deja vu".
Some good advices here, Streeto is an old DS3 veteran and I've seen him quite a few times, you can't go wrong there.

I would only like to add my 2 cents;

1. No aids, except ABS set to 1.
2. I also use the sensibility at -2 (On the DS3), but you can go for a bit higher if you feel you aren't getting enough sensiblity.
3. FR car. At most, to start with, an MR. (Keep away from RR, those are way too oversteering to start with, and...For Christs sake...keep away from 4WD !)

Regarding my experience, i actually learnt the basics on Comfort MEDIUM tyres and on a V8 (think it was on some Aston or Jag ?). Only after that I started using CH's (Comfort Hard).When you master Comfort Medium, Comfort Hards will just be a small step harder.(Also as most everyone has said, most drift rooms are CH restricted). As for the car, the S15 is a good car (better then the S14 and the S13) but remember, you're on a small engine with a turbo. it won't be gradual. Using the Low turbo or the medium turbo will help out. 300/400 Hp is more then enough. Any good drifter will be able to keep up with most cars on that HP. Having said that, in my opinion - and I know this is a bit of a sacrilege to the drifiting community :P - try taking one of those old jags or astons for a spin. DON'T overtune. Basic mistake when learning is thinking 3 000 000 000 Hp will get you going faster and better. IT WON'T. Get one of those Astons (DB7 or even Vantage for instance), and dont change anything on it, APART from reducing the weight a bit (they're heavy), getting that close relations gearbox and the tyres. Try it ! Heavier cars tend to be more stable (although harder to stop ofc) and the torque (not the HP!) will help you out, since its much more gradual and constant then a small turbo'd engine.
One other "detail"; I hope you're trying to learn in a Drift Trial lobby, because on those the wheel angle is bigger, thus more forgiving (less spinning). As for the points...we hate them to bits, HOWEVER, they have one advantage if you're learning; If you keep getting points while drifiting - constantly - that means you are connecting your drifts wich is also a goal to achieve.

Latest Posts

Back