I Give Up...

1. I accidentally ended up buying an S15 instead of the S13 like @Streeto said. And I have no Cr. left.
2. Still not getting it. My car keeps going towards the outside of the the track and going off road. Or spinning out. :(

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

Btw, if I plan on making a drift car for drifting around tight corners, what car should I use? I was thinking of using a 1983 Toyota Corolla Trueno but idk. What is your opinion?

Use the same car you're learning on. I use an Aristo, tight track or not and it is not an issue. I recommend sticking with whatever car you've been making progress with, until you really understand when to do what as far as driving goes.

Also, you have a wheel...Use it! You're missing out on an awesome experience.

Use the same car you're learning on. I use an Aristo, tight track or not and it is not an issue. I recommend sticking with whatever car you've been making progress with, until you really understand when to do what as far as driving goes.

Also, you have a wheel...Use it! You're missing out on an awesome experience.

I tried it and I'm bad at it. So I use controller.

I can't turn the wheel fast enough and end up crashing. That's how I'm bad at it.

That's fine. I've been using a wheel for years and I still spin...everyone spins out from time to time. It's not that you're not fast enough, you're probably not soon enough or you just need to relax.

There's probably more in the MCR thread or youtube.

If you don't have a g-series wheel, @Biller used to have a df wheel I think...Or maybe @Davoxx. They may have some pointers for you.

That's fine. I've been using a wheel for years and I still spin...everyone spins out from time to time. It's not that you're not fast enough, you're probably not soon enough or you just need to relax.

There's probably more in the MCR thread or youtube.

If you don't have a g-series wheel, @Biller used to have a df wheel I think...Or maybe @Davoxx. They may have some pointers for you.

I use a Logitech G27. I only use it for racing. Not drifting. And I don't know what's wrong with me. I can never drift when I use it.

I use a Logitech G27. I only use it for racing. Not drifting. And I don't know what's wrong with me. I can never drift when I use it.
Things like that take practice.

My team mate Steven got his wheel more then a month ago and he can't seem to get a hold of it. Like you, he went back to DS3 because it was too hard for him. (its not too hard for anyone truly)

If you ever want to be good at anything you have to put in work, and keep at it. You can't expect to drift like Aasbo or something on first or second or even third attempt man.

If you practice everyday, or at least consistently in some form or another, I promise you'll get there one day. :cheers:

You should definitely stay on the G27 man. Its frustrating at first but once you get used to it, it pays off. You can have endless fun. Going back and forth from ds3 to the wheel is just going to make it worse for you.

Things like that take practice.

My team mate Steven got his wheel more then a month ago and he can't seem to get a hold of it. Like you, he went back to DS3 because it was too hard for him. (its not too hard for anyone truly)

If you ever want to be good at anything you have to put in work, and keep at it. You can't expect to drift like Aasbo or something on first or second or even third attempt man.

If you practice everyday, or at least consistently in some form or another, I promise you'll get there one day. :cheers:
You should definitely stay on the G27 man. Its frustrating at first but once you get used to it, it pays off. You can have endless fun. Going back and forth from ds3 to the wheel is just going to make it worse for you.

Thank you for the motivation. I will try to use my G27 more often for both racing and drifting but now the only thing preventing me from using it is the table it is attached to.

IMG_0741.JPG

One of the legs fell off and another one is super loose. No idea what made the table do that. So I'm going to save up money for something like this:

evolution-black-g27.jpg

Only problem I see with that rig is that the pole for the wheel sits in the centre and would get in the road. Its probably easier to make one. And even that's rewarding in its self.

It took me 4 8 hour days to drift a corner, 4 weeks to drift a full track, and about 4 months to tandem at a respectable level. You just have to keep practising and you'll get there. The hand movements are always the hardest to work out, but you'll get there. I also used to practice the s section on high speed ring. 2 big corners and a nice open switch.

Only problem I see with that rig is that the pole for the wheel sits in the centre and would get in the road. Its probably easier to make one. And even that's rewarding in its self.

It took me 4 8 hour days to drift a corner, 4 weeks to drift a full track, and about 4 months to tandem at a respectable level. You just have to keep practising and you'll get there. The hand movements are always the hardest to work out, but you'll get there. I also used to practice the s section on high speed ring. 2 big corners and a nice open switch.

I have nothing to use.

Get creative?? I've seen people use water piping, wood or even steel. My very fiirst rig started off as an old kitchen table that I had to cut the legs shorter. Even my new rig is still the old structure, its just been turned upside down. Check out some of the other rigs people have made in the pics of your set up thread. Both on the gt5 and gt6 drifting forums. Maybe something will spark your imagination.

Dude try @DolHaus setup for DS3 on his EVO man its AWD and super easy to learn its what me and my mate started on; its the only car i can drift on (: give it a shot

Dude try @DolHaus setup for DS3 on his EVO man its AWD and super easy to learn its what me and my mate started on; its the only car i can drift on (: give it a shot
Aaaaand... that's why you can't drift any other car.

Learning in an AWD car will teach you nothing about drifting a proper drift car (RWD).

I know you're just trying to help him man but that's the wrong way to learn...

Aaaaand... that's why you can't drift any other car.

Learning in an AWD car will teach you nothing about drifting a proper drift car (RWD).

I know you're just trying to help him man but that's the wrong way to learn...

But it shouldnt take someone 3 years to figure out how to get a car sideways theres obviously something his missing every time he plays the game.... so maybe it is the only way for him to go; cause **** if i couldnt drift within the first few days i wouldnt have kept trying like him;

This seems like the best place to put this... I HATE drifting. I hate the fact that I'll gold absolutely every race and time trial event within two attempts, but I'll waste about five hours on a single drift trial every time. Sometimes I'll get a perfect drift going with constant steering lock and constant throttle going good for about 3 seconds and suddenly it just grips and shoots off to the outside without warning. Tried all kinds of tuning fixes and driving fixes but nothing that points toward "Hey, there you go... You're getting it." I absolutely love this game, right until there's tire-slide involved. A tire loses grip and all of a sudden I don't know what the heck my car wants to do.
I have a hard time skipping the events because I'm an OCPD completionist and it pains me in all kinds of unexplainable ways to quit.

This seems like the best place to put this... I HATE drifting. I hate the fact that I'll gold absolutely every race and time trial event within two attempts, but I'll waste about five hours on a single drift trial every time. Sometimes I'll get a perfect drift going with constant steering lock and constant throttle going good for about 3 seconds and suddenly it just grips and shoots off to the outside without warning. Tried all kinds of tuning fixes and driving fixes but nothing that points toward "Hey, there you go... You're getting it." I absolutely love this game, right until there's tire-slide involved. A tire loses grip and all of a sudden I don't know what the heck my car wants to do.
I have a hard time skipping the events because I'm an OCPD completionist and it pains me in all kinds of unexplainable ways to quit.

KDS - Keep Drifting Serious

But to be honest you need to learn some philosophies about drifting read into why the car understeers off or why you spin out.

Say for example it's like an (Insert sport here) team going into a match without practice and a play book, they aren't going to do well.

The two variables of practice and reading/learning go hand in hand 👍

I could be wrong but it sounds like the rear toe angle is too high. Could also try a stiffer rear sway bar. May slow the snap back you seem to be experiencing.

40 bucks worth of wood seat was given to me by a friend 1 box of screws 9 dollars home depot cuts the wood for you .much better results at drifting when the wheel is solid .still struggling but i could keep up in autum ring mini with my buddy who was using ds3 ive put about 40 hours in the game still have lots to learn keep going

Attachments

• 10403168_804560956228921_944465613204797419_n.jpg
    10403168_804560956228921_944465613204797419_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 5
Let me give you some advice, not how to drift but something that will make you a lot better over time and make your time more enjoyable. Find a group of people that are chill and becomes friends with them on GT6. I ventured a little into the drift community not really because I wanted to drift competitively but I wanted to see what the community was like compared to the drag community. I dragged since beginning of GT5 and been around since, and I'll be the first one to see we weren't the most inviting to new guys wanting to drag. We kept to ourselves just between the "pros". And let me tell you something the Drift Scene is no different. You'll run into very cocky people and teams that aren't friendly to newcomers. Most people on GTP aren't bad but some are. So try to find some people that are chill and just try to have fun with them and just try to drift. You'll be surprised how much better you will get just by being in lobbies with chill people that are willing to help and won't hate you for messing up.

Also try to find someone that is just starting out also 👍

:) That's actually funny, because it's EXACTLY the opposite for me (and perhaps even to some fellow drifters here); I HATE GRIP. I just used to race. Grip only. Then I found out it's actually much more fun to...lose that composure. Drifting is precisely the opposite of what you enjoy, but don't think for one second we're not really trying to control the car, 'cause we are. Call it control on chaos ;)
Everytime I get on a naturally grippy car it's just....frustrating.
All to each own I guess. Good advice there by michrulejj. If for some reason you want to learn, get on with people that are willing to help, and don't just jump in some "pro" lobby.
Another thing; most of the community here hates the points system and those Drift Trial competitions. I'm quite sure any of us can gold it on a 1st attempt, but thats simply not "our thing". I go there whenever I need ca$h. That's it.

G'luck !

Thank you for the motivation. I will try to use my G27 more often for both racing and drifting but now the only thing preventing me from using it is the table it is attached to.

View attachment 182309

One of the legs fell off and another one is super loose. No idea what made the table do that. So I'm going to save up money for something like this:

View attachment 182312

I would defiantly recommend that seat. I have exactly the same with the g27. The pole don't get in the way at all I left foot break with no problem. Also I would recommend using the Lexus sc300 on your wheel, it's a great learner car very stable and easy to drift, if you want I could share my tune. Good luck

Back