I have a request from you pros

• Thread starter zeno
  • 97 comments
Hello,

I need to know from one of you more experienced drivers if it's quite easily possible to break into the 1'21s on the Tokyo route with the Castrol Mugen NSX in free run mode (from the S Class)?

I am stuck at 1'32.097 with about two years of experience, meanwhile another person posts his record of 1'31.658:eek: after he started out with times into the 1'40s a couple of days ago. Am I right to be suspecting somekind of a cheating? Or simply I just can't seem to get my laps straight even after the 250th try...:banghead:

(times updated)

Well, I might not be a pro, but I will check it out...

However, being that the time you mentioned in the 1.21 range isnt all that low... only .4 below yours, I would guess that it is possible.

However, you may have done one of those perfect laps...

so I will check what I can do.

Oh yea, are you talking about the arcade car?

Are you and the dude using the same car from the arcade?

That could make a major difference.

Originally posted by GoKents
Well, I might not be a pro, but I will check it out...

However, being that the time you mentioned in the 1.21 range isnt all that low... only .4 below yours, I would guess that it is possible.

However, you may have done one of those perfect laps...

so I will check what I can do.

Oh yea, are you talking about the arcade car?

Are you and the dude using the same car from the arcade?

That could make a major difference.

Yeah bro, I have put well over 200 laps in this track today alone with numerous laps where it could be considered absolutely perfect (no scrape or bump to walls whatsoever). And yes, I did use the arcade car.

Thanks,

i consider myself an alright driver, if my sister would get her butt off the TV i'd have a go at it...but she's watching the new harry potter flick (take a guess why i'm searching the forums:lol: ) so i'll try it out when she gets off.

Originally posted by Ducati
i consider myself an alright driver, if my sister would get her butt off the TV i'd have a go at it...but she's watching the new harry potter flick (take a guess why i'm searching the forums:lol: ) so i'll try it out when she gets off.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Auto__1
i bet someone will just lie.

Yes, I'm afraid that's the case here. And not because the time is impossible to achive, but the fact that this guy was struggling in the 1'40s like I stated in the beggining, and now all of a sudden after 5 days he comes and shatters what I've achived with all that experience over the years, seems a bit fishy...:odd:

Originally posted by soflaimports
Yes, I'm afraid that's the case here. And not because the time is impossible to achive, but the fact that this guy was struggling in the 1'40s like I stated in the beggining, and now all of a sudden after 5 days he comes and shatters what I've achived with all that experience over the years, seems a bit fishy...:odd:

oh i dunno about that, around midfield i was getting 57's etc with the polyphony 001, trying my hardest. the meeekael said he got a 53 or sumthing and i managed a 52 the next day... i can get a 51 now.

Ok just got back from running 10 laps to see what i could do.....

you say you got a 1'22.097 with the Castrol Mugen NSX @ Tokyo R246 right??? In arcade free run????

Out of the 10-12 laps i ran.....i ran about 8 of those what felt like flawlessly and the FASTEST lap i could acheive in those laps.....was 1'35.510......

somethings not right here.....:odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd:

with the way i took those turns, and the speed i kept through them.....i find it frankly impossible that you acheived a lap time more than 13 seconds faster than me.....you MUST have been racing a modded Castrol or something.....deffinetly NOT the one supplied by the game under the S catagory....:D

lol i don't mean to sound rude but i'm thinking you gave me the wrong details as to clock a lap time!

Ok just got back from running 10 laps to see what i could do.....

you say you got a 1'22.097 with the Castrol Mugen NSX @ Tokyo R246 right??? In arcade free run????

Out of the 10-12 laps i ran.....i ran about 8 of those what felt like flawlessly and the FASTEST lap i could acheive in those laps.....was 1'35.510......

somethings not right here.....:odd: :odd: :odd: :odd: :odd:

with the way i took those turns, and the speed i kept through them.....i find it frankly impossible that you acheived a lap time more than 13 seconds faster than me.....you MUST have been racing a modded Castrol or something.....deffinetly NOT the one supplied by the game under the S catagory....:D

lol i don't mean to sound rude but i'm thinking you gave me the wrong details as to clock a lap time!

hahaha, he sured proved my theory right. :lol:

hey you go have a try, take the Castrol from the S catagory on free run and see what you can do! if you beat my time then yes i do suck :lol: until then shut up you!

hey you go have a try, take the Castrol from the S catagory on free run and see what you can do! if you beat my time then yes i do suck :lol: until then shut up you!

i cant right now.. im at dads work and its 20kms to get home and then when i get there i still dont have a new computer so itll take... a week to reply in which case this thread will be dead.

in other words your trying to soak up all the GT3 you can get through the forums until you can see your PS2 again! :lol:

finally someone who understands me... why arent there more people like you on this board... all the other people wanna do is just ban me.

heh. well, i didn't use the castrol NSX, but i wanted to see if i could race in GTP's weeky race series, so i used a R390 Race Car and the best i've gotten with that is a 1'25.328 with a stage 3 turbo. i'll try the NSX rite now :)

you know what though?

in the weekly race series, they can pull of a 1'13.XXX with a R390 Race Car. How do they do that ?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by Thio
you know what though?

in the weekly race series, they can pull of a 1'13.XXX with a R390 Race Car. How do they do that ?!?!?!?!

*cough* they have no life *cough*

nah just joking... u guys r cool man :D

Originally posted by Auto__1
*cough* they have no life *cough*

nah just joking... u guys r cool man :D

It's amazing though. I mean, just try it yourself! The best I've gotten was a 1'25.238! It's madness!

Ouch, I apologize guys, I meant all the times > 1'3x.xxx not 1'2x.xxx sorry. Therefore my current record is 1'31.097. I apologize for that, it must have been late night I posted it.

NOW could anyone of you better drivers (Mr.P are you here?) run that track with the (updated) time requirements and tell me if it's possible? And if so, please let me know how hard it was to achieve it.

Thanks again,

yes it is possible....he's either really good and knows all his limits on the track or he must have cheated at that second to the last turn....the one before the u-turn....if you jusr run the wall...your lap time is faster by a few .xxx of a second.

Originally posted by LVT Racing
yes it is possible....he's either really good and knows all his limits on the track or he must have cheated at that second to the last turn....the one before the u-turn....if you jusr run the wall...your lap time is faster by a few .xxx of a second.

Are you speaking from experience? Have you gave it a shot? Did you reach the time?

Just curious...

Originally posted by LVT Racing
I can tell you this right now, Mr. P did not cheat if that is who you are talking about. It takes skill in tuning a car to perfection to get lap times like that. actually, let me see if he put his replay up, give me a sec. . .

edit - http://gtplanet.net/forum/t-20980.html here is the link, if you have a x-port I believe you can download the replay onto your mem card and watch the replay. Now that there is proof on the table you can't go willing pointing fingers at people without any reasoning or proof to do it with.

Originally posted by miata13B
I can tell you this right now, Mr. P did not cheat if that is who you are talking about. It takes skill in tuning a car to perfection to get lap times like that. actually, let me see if he put his replay up, give me a sec. . .

edit - http://gtplanet.net/forum/t-20980.html here is the link, if you have a x-port I believe you can download the replay onto your mem card and watch the replay. Now that there is proof on the table you can't go willing pointing fingers at people without any reasoning or proof to do it with.

I'm not talking about Mr.P cheating...I want him to TRY this "challenge" so he can give me his feedback on how fast or easy it was for him to achive it.

I'm talking about another member on a 'nother board...

oh okay, sorry about that then. . . oops. . .
shot.gif

Back