I have a request from you pros

  • Thread starter Thread starter zeno
  • 97 comments
  • 3,346 views
Originally posted by UB57
Hi miata13B :
:D Don't really want to drag this out too far, but: What can you actually tell from the attached screenshot (I used an ARTA NSX as I didn't have a Mugen handy) other than Lap Time, Car ID & Track Location??? It actually has the BIG TURBO, T8 Tyres & I purposly Smacked the wall about 14 times. W/Replay you can be SURE it was a CLEAN LAP & w/MK's Program you can make SURE an ARCADE CAR was used as well. 👍 As Alway, Just My Opinion...UB57
:D

*edit*
heh, it makes sense now.:D
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
race mine daily
Yeah, but Hold On Not Done Accelerating. Dam NSX
racer.gif
 
Okay, I only spent 5 minutes trying it out today, and I pulled off a 1'34.687. I know: it's not good enough, but it seems like that I need to work on T2 and T3. I'm 2 seconds behind pace in T2 and .5 seconds in T3. Any tips?
 
one tip from me, that scraped alot off of my time...is the VERY FIRST turn....try to get as close to the outside wall as possible, and brake in a straight line.....just enough...then as soon as you start to turn into it, bring on the gas (not too hard if you don't have TCS/ASM) and ride right over the apex ( try to just rip across it because the more speed you come out of it with the better)....don't worry about hitting the wall on the other side, it gives you room up on the rumble strip....form then on you barely havto brake, even around the big long bend, you can just tap the brake on entry and accelerate through the whole turn! from then on it's a cake walk.

on my hottest lap, i actually bumped the wall near the end....and slipped coming out of the last turn....so i think indeed if i worked a good lap i might be able to catch up to sofla!!
 
Ducati, What were your T1, T2, and T3 times?
 
oh lord i hope i saved the replay.....give me 2 mins ill go check
 
Cool, thanks :)

You know, we should race in the On-line Racing Forum. It might be a lot of fun :)
 
yea i registered and all...but boomb hasn't replied or anything so i don't know whats going on....
i am bummed to say i did not save a replay at all, so the split times are not available....maybe this OLR stuff will get me in the habit of doing that :guilty:

anyway thio you did that lancer on midfield initiation lap for the OLR then right? what time did you get?
 
Well, I got 1'25.342. I know that sucks, but I am willing to improve as soon as I start racing more :)
 
i didn't do much better, i got a 1'24.574 and ya know what?.....
i don't have a saved replay or nuthin....yup.....im lookin' like a real promising racer..."hey duacti do you have any proof?"....
"nope" :rolleyes:
did you run with tcs on or off? the lancer for me was HARD to drive....with it on OR off....i found my first 5 laps were straight off the front stretch and into the kitty litter, every time! the gear suggestion thing flashed "4" and i downshifted to 4th....only to go through the turn at what felt like twice the speed at which i should have....but then i found out that with the lancer (or any 4wd i guess) if you just let go of the throttle it actually performs an art called turning :lol: :lol:
was a hard car to drive....but got me VERY pumped as to whats to come:D
 
Yeah, I can't wait for the future races to come :)

I raced the Lancer Evolution with ASM and TSC on, I probably could have done better without those, but overall it was easy for me because I raced around that track so much :)

With the flashing "4", I never take that thing seriously unless I'm driving a new car on a new track that I've never been on or seldom drive on, but you have to go with your senses. Like racing the Mugen NSX on Tokyo R246. At the end of the straight, there's a tight right hander, and the number starts to flash way before the turn comes. I'ts hard, but your sense will lead you :)
 
ah yes...and if my mind serves me correctly...in just under 3 hours the week 8 series will be concluded....i hope the new track/car will be posted by the time i wake up tommorow, i swear im gonna like put on my sweatpants....buy some chips and jerky....some sprite....and sit infront of the game ALL day, just feinding out on GT3....then thio's gonna like get ahead of me and i'll be in a panic...and spill my sprite all over my PS2 and spend the rest of the week in the hospital having plastic and computer boards being pulled outta my hands cuz i beat the thing to hell for not working.........

:odd: somehow i feel like im rambling.......
 
Probably you're worried about Thio being ahead of you :trouble:

j/k :p

In less than 3 hours it's gonna end? What time zone? It's 11:22 PM over here PST
 
12:24 here in Mountain time (im in Calgary Canada) and im 3 hours back i think (thats what UB57 told me) so it'll end at 3am my time....but then he's gotta tally the results and everything, so i AINT waitin up :LOL: im just gonna check it when i wake up

the suspense is killing me on what combo it's gonna be...i actually wouldnt mind maybe some slower cars "ie" camaro, S2000, FIA....oh wait no nevermind that one
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
 
:lol:

If boombexus had a Fiat in the race series, ving would be jumping up and down :lol:
 
If you're in Mountain Time, that means that the time for the race was due 31 minutes ago! yay!
 
hhmm that's weird....i musta calculated it wrong....meh!
going to bed.....when i wake up there better be a week 9 posted :irked:
 
Yup, I hope there will be :)

And I hope I'm registered so I can race Week 9 :D
 
1:33.359.

I got to this time rather quickly. I have found I am great at finding where time is to be had. The only problem is being precise with this tiny ****ty stick on the DS2. Might try more with my wheel later if there is some good competition.

There is EASILY 1.4 seconds left to be had. Comparing two of my top laps, the sectors added up to something like 1:32.7xx. This was using the same line, so it isnt unreasonable to assume that the sectors could be combined into a super lap.

tips:
-get the first turn down first, you might as well. do as the guy said a page back. get on throttle early, dont be afraid of wall at track out, curb helps you miss it. from what I thought was a fast go at this corner, I took it a half second quicker.
-use less brakes EVERYWHERE. the nsx has tons more grip than power that will make you hit the walls. I didnt use brakes on the quick right corner after the esses, left before last hairpin. use just a tiny bit for the long right, turn 3 I think. Downshifting to forth, I never dropped below 115, and accelerated to 120 before the end of the corner. I couldve taken it at 117 even. Dont be afraid to use less and less brakes, because the car has TONS of grip.
-use partial throttle. I lifted a hair for the second corner, but still stayed on a bit.
-eliminate any sliding anywhere, it just scrubs speed off.
-Dont forget to get the last hairpin. Comparing replays, a go at the corner that didnt appear bad lost almost 6 tenths compared to another go by the time I crossed the line. This is even one spot I know I can work on.
 
Ah, I know why I'm so slow.

I USE AN AUTOMATIC! :lol:

Oh well :lol:
 
my best time with Mugen NSX is 1'34.966
it can be quicker because I didn't drove much laps.

but a time in the 1'2x.xxx is inpossible. my laptime can be better, but I think it's inpossible to get another 5 secs off!!
 
Originally posted by alibi
my best time with Mugen NSX is 1'34.966
it can be quicker because I didn't drove much laps.

but a time in the 1'2x.xxx is inpossible. my laptime can be better, but I think it's inpossible to get another 5 secs off!!
think tires an DF
 
Originally posted by alibi
my best time with Mugen NSX is 1'34.966
it can be quicker because I didn't drove much laps.

but a time in the 1'2x.xxx is inpossible. my laptime can be better, but I think it's inpossible to get another 5 secs off!!

There was a mistake sorry; All times that were originally posted 1'2x.xxx were actually 1'3x.xxx.

Sorry,
 
here is what i have done
I finished racing one of the beginning series in Amateur Leage and was awarded some Dodge Racing Car. When racing on the Tokyo track. It has the sport tires on it and has no mods. In a race against the other cars starting 6th i have completed a lap in around 1minute 32seconds.....
when i race other cars my goal is this...drive as though i was really racing the car...that is smooth but fast as possible without hitting the walls and with good racing lines. I find the game much more enjoyable that way.
 
Originally posted by millcreek
here is what i have done
I finished racing one of the beginning series in Amateur Leage and was awarded some Dodge Racing Car. When racing on the Tokyo track. It has the sport tires on it and has no mods. In a race against the other cars starting 6th i have completed a lap in around 1minute 32seconds.....
when i race other cars my goal is this...drive as though i was really racing the car...that is smooth but fast as possible without hitting the walls and with good racing lines. I find the game much more enjoyable that way.
That some Dodge car was a Viper
 
Is anyone else trying this challenge?

Arcade Mode, Free Run, Tokyo R246, S Class, Mugen NSX.
 
Back