I LOVE THIS GAME!

• Thread starter BarryB
  • 121 comments
England
England
Barryballache
Sorry, I get tired of a lot of the negativity around here and felt it necessary to point out that this game exceeded all my expectations except with regard to the track list. So just to counter all the nonsense threads (because in amongst the valid and constructive criticisms there is a LOT of whiny baby bull mess) I decided to point out how happy I am with the game and (most surprisingly) the recent communication from PD.

Feel free to disagree, but also feel free to discuss the shortcomings of the game (in your eyes) in another thread. There are plenty catering to that cause.

I won't lie, when I saw the fantasy track list I was really disappointed. I didn't even buy the game for the first month, that's how much it bothered me that weren't a lot of real track locations.

Then I finally decide to actually buy this game, I thought if PD finally had the balls to change the format of Gran Turismo, then I have to buy it and support them. Concentrating on human multiplayer racing is a big step forward for this series, and to be honest I was bored of the same old format that all car games almost followed. Buy a car, upgrade it, tune it and beat the opponent AI in non upgraded cars. Snooze fest.

So I pop in GT Sport and the game is just gorgeous. The cars, the racing and the fantasy tracks. I absolutely love the fantasy track....I think they look fantastic and can't wait to hopefully see more. I hop into GT Sport and spend a lot of time qualifying on Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi. I bust out lap after lap and come out with a great qualifying time. I basically started 1st in the 5 races I did that day and won 3 of them. I was hooked.

The racing I find is clean out front, but people in the back really play bumper cars. Those players rarely have a chance to win so I think they will soon realize they will have to qualify and race better, or just stop playing the game. Either way it's a win for all of us clean racers. The other thing I love, take a look around the pit when you're in warmup. The attention to detail is fantastic and looks amazing. By far my favorite car game I've played on console or PC. To me it's what this series needed. They incorporated the driver rating and safety rating which is what is making this game a absolute joy to drive. To me it's a better looking iracing and am loving every second.

The game to me looks absolutely gorgeous in 1080p on my PS4 Pro...I do have a 4K TV arriving this week so I'm interested to see it on that this week.

Sorry, I get tired of a lot of the negativity around here and felt it necessary to point out that this game exceeded all my expectations except with regard to the track list. So just to counter all the nonsense threads (because in amongst the valid and constructive criticisms there is a LOT of whiny baby bull mess) I decided to point out how happy I am with the game and (most surprisingly) the recent communication from PD.

Feel free to disagree, but also feel free to discuss the shortcomings of the game (in your eyes) in another thread. There are plenty catering to that cause.
All things considered, I'm personally very happy with the game as well. It's short on content yes, but it's oh so satisfying to play, no doubt the most refined GT experience to date.

The amount of content a game has doesn't bother me nowadays since I'm spending less time playing games. So when I do play, it's the quality of the core experience that I focus on, and there are very few games that I've played that compare to GT Sport in terms of the sensation of driving. Visuals, sounds, physics are all on point. When you're in the ideal car on the ideal track, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

I give it 30 minutes and someone will drag negativity through this thread :lol:

Personally I’ve become very satisfied with this game and the overall attention from PD. Sure there could be more cars and tracks, but they are obviously working on it and it shows. The cars present are amazing and the gameplay is super fun.

Im also very happy with the Game. IMO its the first PS Racing Game where its fun and fair Online.
I have to admit that the track list is not perfect yet. But I'm very hopeful that even more tracks will come. Hope especially for Deep Forest, Trail Mountain, Laguna Seca, Eiger, Apricot Hill and more.

Sorry for my bad English.

I am loving it too - my wife less so as I am loving it too!!! I love how you can feel the car and you can feel the changes that are made. I love how you know when you have nailed a lap, or at least a really good lap for you, not by looking at the time but how smooth you were. I love how, although 'balanced' the cars in the same formula feel different to each other. Some are torquey and have different gear ratios so it means some corners are taken in different gears in different cars. Others are light on their feet and you can hurl them into corners much more aggressively.

The thing that I am not a fan of is the real life sharp chicanes. Definitely makes the tack less fun to drive. I do hope when they finally release Le Mans track that they have an olden days version with no chicane and the orignal esses/dunlop curve. It would still be a challenging track to drive.

CJ

Now these are the kind of threads I love to see! :) Happy to see positive vibes, I'm enjoying the game again now. Came up with lots of good custom races to keep me going. Saving up Credits & milage points.

I'm happy to see you're all enjoying GT Sport. It's really nice to see lots of positivity when you're having a rubbish day. Wish you all the best. :)👍

Unpopular opinion: I love the new physics update. So much fun with the Cobra (DS4 player.)
Obviously, the game is far from perfection but the future of GTSport looks good.
I agree. The Cobra is very fun to drive. Could just drive it for hours on end.

I love this game as well, not much to complain about other than very specific issues like the Leaderboards not registering new times unless you beat the previous old times that they deem invalid... still salty about this.

Absolutely love the game. I've only had my PS4 for 11 days, but I've already driven over 5000 miles. PS4 Pro and a 65" 4k TV have definitely added to my enjoyment.

Lake Maggiore is my new all time favorite GT original track. Dragon Trail and Kyoto are also great. Interlagos is a nice addition, and was a bit tricky to get figured out at first. Can't wait for whatever tracks get added with future DLC.

I've lost lots of sleep getting sucked into the livery editor. There are so many things I want to create, but I'm extremely pleased with the liveries I've finished so far. Feel free to check them out here.

Sport Mode has been outstanding once I got my SR up to S. I can't compete with the Top 10 guys, but it's a pleasure to race against them while having my own battles mid-pack. The only way I'll get better is to race faster players.

I've barely spent any time with scapes, but they look amazing. The campaign mode was fine, but not anything special. However, I am looking forward the GT League update in December.

In terms of long lasting appeal, GT Sport is Driveclub reincarnated. No fiddly settings and worrying that the game is going to screw you over due to some glitch (looking at you, Project CARS 2), no half-hearted presentation (The TAG Heuer graphic when the race is counting down to start is a real classy touch). This is the first game in a while to properly draw my attention away from things I would usually waste time on. Even if you don't agree with PD's design principles, the attention to detail is undeniably there. Even if it isn't a perfect simulator, it is still the definitive racing game.

I wasn't overly happy with GTS on release, but I'm growing to like it more. When the old skool GT campaign mode comes back next month I'll be happier. I'm doing a bit more online racing now, and my opinion on that fluctuates based on how much -SR I get due to being divebombed etc :) But had a really good GT4 race today. I do thimk we need to have some races with a better credit payout, otherwise trying to save up for a new VGT or whatever might take quite a while.

I guess the overall thing to take away is that I ordered myself G29 on Black Friday when before I was wondering if I should replace my non-PS4 friendly DFP.

I find the racing a lot more addicting than any other console racer, and while the track list is slim the fantasy tracks (especially Maggiore and Yamagiwa) are an absolute blast to drive.

The SR and penalty system is a bit flawed but overall I think it adds an incentive to avoid contact which results in mostly clean racing. You'll get a few bad eggs, and a bit of bumping and grinding, but a lot less than in something like Forza.

Plus PD have been very active in updates, tweeks and announcements of future content so yeah, gotta agree with the OP!

The game is good but it doesn't blow my mind or anything, it does have massive potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what PD comes up with. All the haters who constantly moan on this forum should just go play something else already.

I'm enjoying it a lot more now with the recent updates than I was when the game was first released, seems to have come a long way already so hopefully PD will keep up the good work, have started to enjoy the online races a lot more now I'm in the higher SR races, a lot less destruction derby style racers thankfully!

Yeah it has its hooks in me, that's for sure. I'm disappointed at the track list like most people but what's there has given me plenty of joy already. I'm close to 200 hours, which is exceptional for me. Usually I only play FPS games that much within such short time.

Well, this game in its core is so polished, every person with some love for detail must love it. Im already about 200h in (10k km) and still didnt think about getting bored for a minute. Seeing new content and updates they are making on UI and game itself is just perfect. How active is community in liveries and all the stuff is just amazing. Just less drama queens in forums here and I will be more than happy.

Back