I need a setup for Ferrari 458 Italia

• Thread starter xchristox
  • 158 comments
Anyone has any suggestions on a Nurburgring nordschleife tune for a fully tuned 458?

It gets quite sketchy sometimes when going over bumps that make the wheels go off the ground. The car also resists quite a bit small line changes when accelerating on slightly curvy sections, this is annoying since the road is quite narrow sometimes...

not tuned the 458 but maxed out the f430 and the best thing you can buy for great handling is the best soft tyres money can buy that thing will then just stick to the road

By using these forums, you agree to the following:
•You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Last edited by a moderator:
Try my setup:

Aero: 10/40
Transmission: set to top out at 242
LSD: 7/30/5
Suspension:
Height: -10/-13
Springs: 6/5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 6/5
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03
Brakes: 5/6

TCS 1 (only at the beginning of the race for launch control)

Thanks for this tune mate, its amazing :D

how are you getting the front downforce? I have the Front Type A spoiler installed but i don't have an option for front downforce in the tuning menus.

how are you getting the front downforce? I have the Front Type A spoiler installed but i don't have an option for front downforce in the tuning menus.

I just listed the default setting (it is 10)

Will this tune work similarly with the Ferrari P4 330?

Two completely different cars. I wouldn't bother.

Try my setup:

Aero: 10/40
Transmission: set to top out at 242
LSD: 7/30/5
Suspension:
Height: -10/-13
Springs: 6/5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 6/5
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03
Brakes: 5/6

TCS 1 (only at the beginning of the race for launch control)

Thanks for the setup, it's fantastic! 👍

Would probably help if I was actually looking at the right car HAHA

Sorry :(

No apologies needed, we all make mistakes :)

Thanks for this tune mate, its amazing :D

Thanks man, Its great!

Thank you, amazing tune set up! 👍

Thank you for this great tune. My Italia is such a lovely drive now :)

Love this setup, fits my driving style perfectly.

Thanks for the set up chimuel just did one quick run but loving it

Thanks for the setup, it's fantastic! 👍

And for all who said thanks you are all welcome, I thank all of you guys as well for giving my tune a chance!

Quick tip, whenever you stat upgrading your car's power, tighten the suspension. This stops the car rocking back and forward when you put the throttle down, and avoids understeer.

Another thanks from me - the 458 was a decent enough drive stock (but powered), this takes it to the next level.

Knocked 4 seconds of my fastest Monza lap with this setup.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or chimuel's setup can't keep up with one of the Zondas in the first race of the Expert MR Sports Cup

I beat MR Sports Cup with the setup I posted. Try using TCS 1 in the beginning (launch control). I get to 1st before getting to the first corner usually.

I beat MR Sports Cup with the setup I posted. Try using TCS 1 in the beginning (launch control). I get to 1st before getting to the first corner usually.

Same here. First by the first corner and never look back. Easy as pie with this setup.

I'll give it a try in a bit. I was running TCS 3 so maybe that'll make a difference. Thanks, and awesome setup as well, chimuel. I managed 2nd in a 512BB in that Ferrari race but I used the Italia with your setup and blew them all away.

Here's my 458 tune. It's not fully tuned (701 HP, 1291 KG) but should still work ok:

Transmission: 236 MPH

LSD: 9/24/12

Ride Height: +13 F, +10 R
Spring Rate: 9.0 F, 9.7 R
Damper Ext: 6 F, 8 R
Damper Comp: 4 F, 4 R
Swaybars: 4 F, 2 R
Camber: 2.0 F, 2.0 R
Toe: 0.00 F, 1.00 R

Brake Balance: 6 F, 5 R

Last edited:
Here's my 458 tune. It's not fully tuned (701 HP, 1291 KG) but should still work ok:

Transmission: 236 MPH

LSD: 9/24/12

Ride Height: +13 F, +10 R
Spring Rate: 9.0 F, 9.7 R
Damper Ext: 6 F, 8 R
Damper Comp: 4 F, F R
Swaybars: 4 F, 2 R
Camber: 2.0 F, 2.0 R
Toe: 0.00 F, 1.00 R

Brake Balance: 6 F, 5 R

Sorry, I don't mean to bash but +13/+10 height? Can you explain why (or if you're doing this for a particular track)
Oh and you're missing Damper Comp Rear value.

Sorry, I don't mean to bash but +13/+10 height? Can you explain why (or if you're doing this for a particular track)
Oh and you're missing Damper Comp Rear value.

Sorry, the rear damper comp was supposed to be 4, it's fixed now. And the ride height was raised slightly to allow for more suspension stroke over the Nur's rough sections, which is my general test track. With the way ride height seems to work in GT5 it should still be lower than stock without being "slammed to the ground, yo".

chimuel thanks so much for sharing ur tune with us. i do have one question: what do you mean by tcs only at the beginning? is it possible to turn it off later in the race? reason is i usu. want tcs off seeing as soft racing tires provides enough traction for me.

Sorry, the rear damper comp was supposed to be 4, it's fixed now. And the ride height was raised slightly to allow for more suspension stroke over the Nur's rough sections, which is my general test track. With the way ride height seems to work in GT5 it should still be lower than stock without being "slammed to the ground, yo".

Ah, makes more sense now. Yes, I definitely raise up my car and soften up the suspension for tracks like the 'Ring with a lot of hills and elevation changes. Will have to try your tune sometime! Cheers.

chimuel thanks so much for sharing ur tune with us. i do have one question: what do you mean by tcs only at the beginning? is it possible to turn it off later in the race? reason is i usu. want tcs off seeing as soft racing tires provides enough traction for me.

I use a DFGT where I can change the TCS, ABS, ASM, and Brake Balance on the go. If you don't have a DFGT or don't have it configured for your setup you can just leave TCS at 1; works just as well!

Pardon my lack of exp here but the aero kit 10/40 is purchased in maintenance shop but I bought the front chin spoiler but didn't see anything offered for the rear. Are you referring to a wing?

Beat that race first try with TCS 1. Who knew one more in TCS would make a difference. Thank you chimuel for your setup. Which races have you beaten with it?

Pardon my lack of exp here but the aero kit 10/40 is purchased in maintenance shop but I bought the front chin spoiler but didn't see anything offered for the rear. Are you referring to a wing?

Aero kit. I had front and ext. installed as well as rear wing. When you go into the Aero setup in the Tuning menu it will show a 10 for the Front value and you can only adjust the Rear value. I listed the default setting for the front.

Beat that race first try with TCS 1. Who knew one more in TCS would make a difference. Thank you chimuel for your setup. Which races have you beaten with it?

Quite a lot of races in A-Spec and B-Spec. Had this car since Day 1 (Did license tests and special events solely so I was able to afford it in game)

Aero kit. I had front and ext. installed as well as rear wing. When you go into the Aero setup in the Tuning menu it will show a 10 for the Front value and you can only adjust the Rear value. I listed the default setting for the front.

Quite a lot of races in A-Spec and B-Spec. Had this car since Day 1 (Did license tests and special events solely so I was able to afford it in game)

May I ask what your setting is for the rear? Do you change it depending on the track?

Back