I ruined my primary profile with the VGT selling glitch and now I regret it.

United States
Tennessee
tnfedexman
You know, buy Merc VGT cheap, reload game, sell high, fill garage. I was on cloud nine. I had all the cars and life was good.

It has totally killed the replay value and now I feel crappy when I play. I tried playing a secondary profile but I don't have near the friends list there so seasonals suck and there's just something less fun when your earning trophies for your secondary account.

My advice to you is don't use exploits if you get the chance and you'll have a better time later in the game.

I know this has been patched out but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Yeah, I very nearly did this exact thing, but I decided against it, in fear of feeling that way. I have done it with many other games before, but I have realized now that its not the best idea.

I feel the opposite; why should I grind for hours for virtual money for a virtual car? Bragging rights? And what if I don't even like how it drives? Money well spent, huh?
At that point, why would you want to own the car by any means? Just because you have the money?

I would've quit playing GT6 far earlier if not for the glitch. People can speak for themselves about this "earning the cars" idea, but I'd rather be playing the game I bought with the cars I want/enjoy than end up hating the game because it'd insist on artificially extending my play time with grinding.

I'm an adult, I don't have hours on end of free time each day for something like that.

I would've quit playing GT6 far earlier if not for the glitch. People can speak for themselves about this "earning the cars" idea, but I'd rather be playing the game I bought with the cars I want/enjoy than end up hating the game because it'd insist on artificially extending my play time with grinding.

I'm an adult, I don't have hours on end of free time each day for something like that.
That is entirely fair enough. Not really how I think of it, because I am a teenager with all the time in the world (on weekends anyway).

I missed the glitch, but it doesn't matter. I did some grinding in Jaanuary 2014, but Since then I only do seasonals. $620 million earned, and more than I ever needed.

That is entirely fair enough. Not really how I think of it, because I am a teenager with all the time in the world (on weekends anyway).

Hey, I did the same thing back in the days of GT's 1 through 3, and sort of the same situation with GT4. I get it, but it's certainly not a "everybody enjoys the cars/game more if they work for it" situation. Just diff'rent strokes.

It also doesn't help that the series payouts (and prize car worth) haven't increased at the same rate as the prices of some of the cars in the game. I imagine Seasonals help, but with the AI being so awful, even those aren't quite so tempting for me.

To each their own, I suppose. I did the glitch within the first week of owning the game (I got it around launch). I enjoy having literally every car in game and having completed most of the races, there isn't a whole lot of replay value. Similar to what SlipZtrEm said, there are people who don't have the time to grind and this glitch was necessary.

I did just because I thought "I'm going to own all the cars anyway, might as well do it now." That pretty much ruined the game for me. While I might pop on to try out the new cars that were added, I have no desire to play GT6 anymore because of it.

i did the glitch numerous times but i'm at like $500 something million earned.I mean i do have a life outside of gt

Hey, I did the same thing back in the days of GT's 1 through 3, and sort of the same situation with GT4. I get it, but it's certainly not a "everybody enjoys the cars/game more if they work for it" situation. Just diff'rent strokes.

It also doesn't help that the series payouts (and prize car worth) haven't increased at the same rate as the prices of some of the cars in the game. I imagine Seasonals help, but with the AI being so awful, even those aren't quite so tempting for me.
Many of the expensive cars are cheaper than in GT5

I stayed away from this glitch out of fear of messing up my game (likewise, avoiding anything similar).

Now that I've completed the game, I fell the opposite. I wish I had more money, because Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta.

I know I've said this repeatidly (and I apoligize if people are tired of hearing it) but dude, Red Bull X2014 championship with Login Bonus. Do this for a week and I personally guarantee that car is as good as yours.

There's always a third option: in this case, that would be not grinding (or rather, not grinding so much it starts to feel like work) and not using glitches, and doing a year and a half of seasonals to afford the most expensive cars just like I did.

It's been a fun ride so far, and I still have to get all the non-Premium gr. C / LMP cars, a lot of SGTs, the RB X2010s and a lot other cars before I'll be where I want to be with my garage. But as long as PD keeps putting up new Seasonals...

I can make it rain Huayra's, all the colors of the rainbow.

I don't take completion of open games like this seriously at all. Drive and drive. I don't care for the licenses, yet I do feel it's more enjoyable than the career. Don't think I need to list off examples for the reason behind thinking the career mode is nowhere near where it should be.

I would have to give it a 5. It feels so dull and static. Like you're going through the motions to get it over with. I don't want to do that.

Arcade mode - most cars are available

Career mode - gain most cars through a badass career mode. Gifts and payouts should be given another look at for the sake of the people (GT players) who are looking for a better overall racing experience and for those who lead busy lives.

PD needs an at-arms-reach focus group. Me thought these major forums would have been able to assist in some way over how these particular features in a GT game can be improved and/or overhauled.

Last edited:
Some of the expensive cars are cheaper than in GT5

Er... and?

There was an event in GT4 that could net you ~300k credits in about 8 minutes of play. If you opted for B-Spec, you could end up with just under 1 million credits in about 15 minutes. But the most expensive cars in that game were less than 1/6th the price of the most expensive cars in GT6.

There's always a third option: in this case, that would be not grinding (or rather, not grinding so much it starts to feel like work) and not using glitches, and doing a year and a half of seasonals to afford the most expensive cars just like I did.

It's been a fun ride so far, and I still have to get all the non-Premium gr. C / LMP cars, a lot of SGTs, the RB X2010s and a lot other cars before I'll be where I want to be with my garage. But as long as PD keeps putting up new Seasonals...

The problem with that approach is for anybody wanting to enjoy online racing at the height of the game's popularity, when the most players were still active, they'd be a little behind. Of course, the opposite would be true as well I suppose; those that did take advantage of the glitch would have more options available to them to hunt down the best cars for any particular PP level.

Though, that never really concerned me, since all I did online was cruise around the 'Ring or do casual races there. :P

I did the money glitches in GT5 and was very thankful that the VGT glitch came along right at the beginning of GT6. I was able to get down to doing what I bought the game for - driving and tuning the cars I wanted to drive and tune without any boring, useless racing against the robotic and slow AI.

Er... and?

There was an event in GT4 that could net you ~300k credits in about 8 minutes of play. If you opted for B-Spec, you could end up with just under 1 million credits in about 15 minutes. But the most expensive cars in that game were less than 1/6th the price of the most expensive cars in GT6.

The problem with that approach is for anybody wanting to enjoy online racing at the height of the game's popularity, when the most players were still active, they'd be a little behind. Of course, the opposite would be true as well I suppose; those that did take advantage of the glitch would have more options available to them to hunt down the best cars for any particular PP level.

Though, that never really concerned me, since all I did online was cruise around the 'Ring or do casual races there. :P
Ok, I should have read more carefully. I wasn't around for GT4 or earlier.

But still, the payouts are generous, the cars are reasonably priced for most, and I don't see a problem.

I have an alternate account that I use solely for seasonals--I do them once and never repeat or grind.

To avoid losing winnings over the $50,000,000 limit, I have to buy $20,000,000 cars. I started that account in December, so that is a good indication of how generous the prize structure is.

That's it--20-30 minutes per week for 7 months, and I've earned hundreds of millions of credits. Imagine if I did quick matches on that account!

I have no sympathy for those who claim payouts are low or cars are too expensive.

I never did the glitch but in ways I wish I did such as buying those 20 million dollar cars but as you've said it'd ruin the replay value although GT6 is very easy when it comes to getting money. My total earned is 228,574,969 and I'm sure many of you have earnt way more!

Didn't do the money cheat thing.

I tend to find I have too many cars and too much money anyhow, I like to buy a car, and give it a few runs at least, and then I like to think that it has "earned" its place in the garage.

The lack of "spoilt rich kid" cash means as a player I had to make a choice over which car to buy and actually use to drive.

I get replay value going to the showrooms to pick the next car to buy - actually looking at them and assessing if I must have it or if it can wait. Rather than going to the dealership and buying everything like I am on Supermarket Sweep!.

The prizes in GT6 are not perfect but it adds more to the game than just a bucket load of cars off the bat, I miss the used car area a lot though. that made a car very special - now any car is ker-ching, and you have got it.

I did it to buy the Red Bull X cars. Figured I'd never win one on account of never passing the RBX races on GT5, but I fancied like owning one. So I don't feel I abused it, therefore I'm not sorry I did it. Once the Seasonal payouts increased I was earning faster than I was spending anyway.

If you take more than you need you always run the risk of feel gluttonous.

Always been one to use stuff like this in moderation.

Glitch enough for a few 'must have' cars, then carry on as normal.

Done the same with GTAO.

I feel the opposite; why should I grind for hours for virtual money for a virtual car? Bragging rights? And what if I don't even like how it drives? Money well spent, huh?

I'll correct: 'virtual money, virtually spent'.

So it's all ok

Back