I'd pay a $4.99 micro transaction fee... to permanently eliminate roulette tickets

The thing is, Polyphony doesn't want your five dollars. The Roulette tickets exist to increase "user engagement" by making you feel like you need to log in every day. I assume this is important because it increases the amount of Daily Active Users (DAU) which I imagine is an important metric for some beancounter at PD's office so he can justify how the game is a huge success despite the user reviews at metacritic.

In theory, I'm fine with this and I don't think it's particularly nefarious of a company to offer an incentive to their customers who consider it to be worthwhile to log in every day so they can collect their reward. However, in reality it actually feels insulting because the attempt at manipulation is made bare by how pathetic the rewards are. It just feels like as if the game slaps you in the face every time you open a ticket. Like hey, here's a lottery ticket, maybe you'll get a new car? Nah, just kidding, just 1,000 credits which gets you 0.0005% closer to the legendary car you've been saving for. Would you like to use the micro transactions?

On a fundamental level I really like GT 7 but the game design's cynicism sometimes really puts me off. In an ideal world, the game designer would spend their time thinking how to make their product more enjoyable and you would notice that, but some aspects of GT 7 make you feel like the focus was on social engineering (FOMO created by Hagerty etc.) which makes you feel like a lab rat who's offered a treat to comply with the mundane tasks that the game offers you.

Some people think the economy is unbalanced.

Some people think the economy is unbalanced to get people to spend real money.

Some people would exchange real money to make it even harder.

Some people, huh?!

Look away during the roulette spin. It's not as frustrating when you don't know what you could've gotten. I've done this for months.

Or you could just not open them. Either way I wouldn't give them a cent.

Look away during the roulette spin. It's not as frustrating when you don't know what you could've gotten. I've done this for months.

Or you could just not open them. Either way I wouldn't give them a cent.
The prizes that appear around yours aren't what you could've gotten. There was never a chance. There's your prize, and a random set of things that can appear in tickets that are placed around your prize. These aren't even always possible prizes for your tier of ticket. A 1 star ticket can show 1,000,000 credits in the animation, despite that not being a possible prize until 4 stars or higher.

The fake prizes surrounding your predetermined prize are the most random thing in the roulette.

I know the roulette system gets a LOT a flak here on GTP but (unpopular opinion alert)...

You're getting something every day for free, for just playing the game. And it's still better than accumulating repeated cars as it was in GT Sport. A small cash prize will still carry the same value in 3 years' time as it does now... Your twelfth GR.4 Toyota, not so much.

Just don't open them and save yourself $4,99...
Before subscriptions took over the world, it was common to have access to an ad-supported free version of an app on your phone. The developer would also offer a paid version of the app that would remove the ads. Sometimes I would buy the paid version to remove the annoying ads. I could have ignored them, but I decided it was worth $4.99 or whatever to never have to see them again. The roulette ticket system is fake and feels manipulative and annoying. To me. Now, I'd prefer they fix it, but if they don't, I'd rather pay real money to never have to see it again. I was half joking with the concept, and PD will never offer it, but in my fantasy world where they do offer it, I'd probably pony up the cash.

Definitely wouldn't be paying money for them to redefine or remove a stupid/garbage feature. Common sense really...

I still don’t get the point.
You get something for free, useful or not, crap or something Special and rare no matter what it might be.
My point is you get it for free?!
So why not just be thankful and appreciating it.
I don’t get some Peoples' Mindset 😅

I'd rather be capable of spending credits on the rare parts, engines than have to rely on luck to get them. The ONLY WAY to get Rare Car parts and Engine Swaps is via this ridiculously rigged system.

I wouldn't give a rats ***** if all these roulettes gave were credits, normal car parts or cars, even if they were all garbage. As you said, they would still be for free.

But to LOCK game features behind it? And with abnormally low odds on top of that? No... I've played this game every day for that daily roulette since launch.
I've only gotten ONE engine and ONE rare car part. At this rate, I will need to wait a decade to get to experience a car fully tuned with those rare parts, much less all of them.
It's just non-intuitive and... plain silly and moronic to implement these rare features behind a "rigged to give you the lowest payout" thing.

I literally have no control on how to get those parts. Why not lock them behind a championship or race events or time trials? Make them actual rewarding? Or... just make them available in the tuning shop for a much higher price than the normal car parts? I would gladly pay for them and by this point I would probably have quite a few cars fully tuned and engine swapped if that were the case, instead of having one Engine and one carbon driveshaft after nearly 4 months of playing this game and competing every single event there is.

Some people to this day are yet to experience what an Engine Swap is even despite the game trailers marketting this feature. It's ridiculous.

Be thankful? Really dude? I'm the one who should question your ability to think and your mindset if you are actually thankful for this system.

Last edited:
Then you should have put that in your OP.

What's annoying about it?
What's annoying about the roulette ticket system? It's rigged. Fake. Predetermined. It is presented as a game of chance, but it isn't. The feature is designed to make you feel like you may win a big prize, but the results are scripted. That feels manipulative to me, especially when the script calls for the lowest available prize the vast majority of the time.

I'm not livid, and I'm not losing sleep over it. I thought it was an interesting concept. "What if you could pay a small fee to eliminate roulette tickets?"

What's annoying about the roulette ticket system? It's rigged. Fake. Predetermined. It is presented as a game of chance, but it isn't. The feature is designed to make you feel like you may win a big prize, but the results are scripted. That feels manipulative to me, especially when the script calls for the lowest available prize the vast majority of the time.
I guess, but you would end up with a similar situation with anything with a weighted chance system.
If it told you the odds of getting each item on the wheel would it make it any better? Probably not. Math.random() and its equivalents do not care about feelings.

I don't think its a great 'feature', but I don't think its worth paying someone to fix a problem that they created in the first place. Even with the issues that AutumnalGlow covered, it would be better to just simply make those things available in the Tuning Shop/Brand Central than to flat out get rid of it, no?

Last edited:
The prizes that appear around yours aren't what you could've gotten. There was never a chance. There's your prize, and a random set of things that can appear in tickets that are placed around your prize. These aren't even always possible prizes for your tier of ticket. A 1 star ticket can show 1,000,000 credits in the animation, despite that not being a possible prize until 4 stars or higher.

The fake prizes surrounding your predetermined prize are the most random thing in the roulette.
But unless you had already opened that ticket you wouldn't know 100% what your prize is gonna be though (apart from some examples like 1 mil from a 1 star). So even though there is never a chance, your perception thinks there is (a low one of course). That is the point, to create anticipation.

Be thankful? Really dude? I'm the one who should question your ability to think and your mindset if you are actually thankful for this system.
Especially this last sentence clearly proves that you absolutely didn’t understand a single thing what I said. And to me it’s ok. I don’t blame you for that.
You know, my Background is when I was a small little Kid I was born and raised in poverty. In Croatia (former Yugoslavia) during Civil War 1993. I was 13 at that time.
I came to a foreign Country (Germany) with nothing but hopes and dreams.
So I developed a “Be humble and thankful“ for everything you get Mindset.
Because having anything is still better than having nothing.
I‘m thankful for this opportunity life gave me and I made the best of it.
Now I’m an Adult but I never forgot where I came from. Never!
And trust me I absolutely don’t care if you question my ability to think or my Mindset.
I guarantee you with the way I think and live, I’m 110% more satisfied than you most probably will ever be.
Because People like you will never understand the true meaning of humbleness and Happiness.
The only thing People like you are really good at is complaining about everything which doesn’t fit in their Schedule.
Not looking for a Solution or trying to see or make it positive.
Instead they just Manifest a negative Mindset.
But yeah, question my ability to think 😅

So I developed a “Be humble and thankful“ for everything you get Mindset.
Because having anything is still better than having nothing.
You cannot think this way. Otherwise the large corporations will simply take advantage of everyone.

We have to give fair criticism when we need to. Doing this makes everything get better. It's the criticism that allows people to get better by correcting their mistakes.

You wrote the story of your life just because someone made absolutely fair criticism on a clearly bad decision that a game company made. What the hell do you know about anyone posting here to say things about happiness and humbleness? Who are you to say this?

People have rights to give their voice, be it in a positive or negative way. This is a forum precisely for that end

You wrote the story of your life just because someone made absolutely fair criticism on a clearly bad decision that a game company made. What the hell do you know about anyone posting here to say things about happiness and humbleness? Who are you to say this?
That someone was YOU my Friend.
My Post which I made yesterday was not pointed towards anyone explicit.
Yet, it was YOU who felt offended and the urge to respond to it.
Questioning my ability to Think.
Who are YOU to say this.

And exactly that proves again to me, that you still don’t understand what I’m saying.
It’s spoiled Peoples' thinking always expecting to be rewarded with something but being unable to appreciate something.
Shall I now ask which one is to be asked to question the ability to think.
Unnecessary.
People have rights to give their voice, be it in a positive or negative way. This is a forum precisely for that end
Exactly that’s what I did yesterday?!
To be precise I made a neutral Statement. What’s wrong about that?!
Or did I insult anyone?!
Or pointed my Finger or tried to convince anyone to believe what I say?!
Again unnecessary.
You cannot think this way. Otherwise the large corporations will simply take advantage of everyone.
I think exactly the Way how I described it in the “Story of my Life“
And I’m having ABSOLUTELY no issues with that kind of thinking.
I don’t know what the reason is behind your negativity or conspiracy theory and to be honest it’s not my Problem so I won’t even try to argue with you about this.
But I’m certainly not letting anyone tell me how I should or should not think, keep that advice for you 😅

Last edited:
It is hilarious that after years of wishing for engine swaps, the monkey paw curls and people get them in GT7...but they're effectively unicorns and barely anyone gets them.

I'll just play a game where I can get them easily, thanks.
Yes, imagine having such a feature being used to market the game and they end up being something that if people are not lucky enough, may not even get them ever. And you have a dozen engine swaps to get.

Somehow, some people defend this crap. Stockholm Syndrome is strong around here.

Last edited:
Yes, imagine having such a feature being used to market the game and they end up being something that if people are not lucky enough, may not even get them ever. And you have a dozen engine swaps to get.

Somehow, some people defend this crap. Stockholm Syndrome is strong around here.
People bag on Forza basically turning V10 swapped, AWD cars into the base line for power builds in multiplayer, but at least you're able to, you know, buy them with in game credits and they're all available to you.

Further proof how so many of GT7's worst aspects ultimately round back to the aggressive monetization they seem intent on dying on the sword with.

Further proof how so many of GT7's worst aspects ultimately round back to the aggressive monetization they seem intent on dying on the sword with.
This isn't even about money mate. It's a plainly stupid decision that gives PD nothing whatsoever and just enfuriates the players.

You literally cannot get an Engine Swap or a Rare Car Part without the roulette, even with MTX, you just can't. So PD is gaining absolutely nothing with this.
Do they really think most players will stick around for the game to get the daily ticket just for those parts? Especially when the odds of either the car part or engine swap are about 1%?

Even the hardcore people who will try to go for these engine swaps will just use a Tomahawk X around SSRX to get the mileage in 5 minutes and get the ticket and be done with the game for the day. Is this really the way PD wants its playerbase to play their game?

I will gladly take 5K credits and/or some tuning parts I might possibly never use, if it gives me ONE MILLION CREDITS just ONCE ... which is exactly what happened to me so far.

Last edited:
Back