if i suck in GT6 would i be a bad driver?

• Thread starter Hawkfrost
  • 72 comments
Is there a thread you don't talk about your replicas? Just sayin'. Seems like you leap at every chance you get.

Lots of them, I only talked about them on gaming threads ( GT6 and Forza mainly ) I don't get many chances, but if you want me to leap at every chance, I can be as vocal as I was in GT5 no ABS campaign :D

Ok I have this steering wheel thing for GT6 and I I'm not good I most of the time crash into other cars or go off the track, wouldn't that mean I'm just not a good driver?
Don't worry about failing in GT6 it hasn't got real world physics I suck at GT6 but I would consider myself a good driver lol

For one thing, you'll never go above 80 without red and blue lights suddenly filling your mirrors. As for comparing race-driving of GT to IRL, as many have said, you don't feel things in GT that are instantly noticeable when driving a real car and you are driving in reality. An especially big one is body roll; inertial forces. Trust me, clipping "apexes", as much fun as it might seem, is not great in a 15 year old mini-van that constantly wants to throw you into the passenger seat.

Also, with hundreds of other people's lives, including you own, at risk every time you get in your car, you aren't going to want to be flat-footing it every time the light turns green or the road appears to open up, as many videos have come to show us. Caution is something people may or may not follow in a game, for there are little to no repercussions of crashing into other cars/walls at 150mph. Obviously doesn't work out too well in real life.

I live in NJ and its common to see someone in the far left lane(express lane) to cut across all other lanes just to make an exit that they were supposed to be prepared for a mile back (It was done on Route 1&9). Its like a mini-Russia over here. I've seen at least 10 people each year miss their exit and literally put their car in reverse or turn the car around in the runoff area to get the exit. Good ol' New Jersey.

It's the East Coast, you should know it's bad everywhere. Down here I have to deal with about I-81 and I-95. :ouch:

Last edited:
For some people, racing games can highly influence their way of driving on actual road. I have a friend that I know for close to 15 years, from ever since he got his 1st car. He was a gamer by blood, collecting consoles and games. He was not particularly good in racing games or tuning cars, and we spent our early competitive spirit in GT3 on PS2.

Long story short, although he was mediocre in racing games which he has plenty o them and played them ( GT3, Sega GT, PGR series and GT4 ) + bad in drifting ( GT3, Battle Gear etc ), he is pretty good driver in real life. He drove variety power of cars IRL, from lowly AE92 Corolla Seca to high power WRX and Skyline GTR. He was the kind of driver who would do things quickly, especially parking or low speed maneuvering. Where most people would do 3 point turn, slow "ass" reverse parking or took long time to parallel park, he often do them in higher speed, in less time and in one go without hitting anything ever :) Most of the passengers that ever got into his cars always commented on how scared they were :lol: Sort of precision driving with little bit less finesse :lol:
His bad habit though is he loves to drive aggressively - not against other traffic, but to the car, often revs the engine to red line on the street, and do the traffic light sprints when someone challenged him ( up to 3rd ). He certainly can hold his won ( never crashed, yet :lol: but got pulled over too many times ) The past few years, he prefers sports bikes ( Ducati Monster, Honda CBR250RR and VFR400 ), and drives less interesting cars like N15 Pulsar SSS and big cars like M35 Stagea 250RX. Still not improving in racing games :lol:

No, it does not matter how good or bad you are in the game (well obviously there are most likely exceptions) but my dad proves it lol. I can smoke him in gt6 but in real life he is a great driver, driving the back roads near our house at close to 80 without missing a beat, and the only time I ever recall anyone mentioning him crashing was when he was about seventeen he crashed a super beetle. Man I wish he still ran the paper route...it was always fun riding with him.

Edit: I also wish I could have been around when he used to race...

No game can replace your 1st time out in a manual car driving on a busy traffic, then do parallel parking, round about or changing lanes on a highway. Spatial awareness is one thing that no virtual experience can replace, as in real life, it's a whole new ball game. Driving on tight roads with parked cars on each side with your mirror inches away from cars on both side or turning your car on a very tight space also needs practice/experience.

I really appreciate this. I personally prefer to drive cars in game with the tuning that is close to reality. Many of the cars in game, even with stock form, are too good in handling, way better than actual cars outside. For this reason, I usually downgrade the tires to comfort soft or comfort medium as I believe these tires resemble high performance summer tires well.

I wonder how did you convert real world tunings to GT6 tuning?? What is your basis and methodology??

Sorry if this is off topic, if so, I guess we should PM to talk more?

I really appreciate this. I personally prefer to drive cars in game with the tuning that is close to reality. Many of the cars in game, even with stock form, are too good in handling, way better than actual cars outside. For this reason, I usually downgrade the tires to comfort soft or comfort medium as I believe these tires resemble high performance summer tires well.

I wonder how did you convert real world tunings to GT6 tuning?? What is your basis and methodology??

You can PM me or post in my garage :) But I will simply put a short explanation here : I research for the data ( stats, suspension, LSD, alignment, gearing etc ) I then make corrections in power, weight, distribution, gearing, the simple stats. For suspension and alignment, I usually used ride height, spring rate, and alignment range of the real car. Then fine tune the damper and ARB within the confines of those preset setup. This gives distinct feel and performance of the car that puts it more closer to real life ( realistic ). For LSD, I based on my real life experience and lots of research on the subject ( types and characteristics ). Then if real life lap data is available ( tires, lap time + onboard video on some ) I used them to get more closer by getting similar tire grip level and drive with similar pace to get more accuracy. The pace is very important, and when a well built replica can get very close with the same pace, then that means the build is gold :D I have put GT6 replay files and onboard videos on some of my replicas test run when possible so others can view them and used them as reference.
You can check the last 2 pages of my garage, Lotus Elise S1 and Endless Advan Evo X ST2 Super Taikyu replicas, both are built with utmost detail and care, read the lengthy notes, they provide abundant information about the cars.

I think this is the last time I will be off topic :lol:

Back to will I suck IRL if I suck in game :lol:

@Ridox2JZGTE Thanks. I'll head over your garage and definitely try them out.

Back to suck in game topic: Yeah, I consider myself a good driver outside but I still suck in game. :D

Sound like you also track your car outside too? So you don't suck outside nor suck in game, do you? What car do you track?

I run with Lexus IS350 and would love to see a replica ISF :D

@Ridox2JZGTE Thanks. I'll head over your garage and definitely try them out.

Back to suck in game topic: Yeah, I consider myself a good driver outside but I still suck in game. :D

Sound like you also track your car outside too? So you don't suck outside nor suck in game, do you? What car do you track?

I run with Lexus IS350 and would love to see a replica ISF :D

I already have Lexus ISF made :P.

For real life experience, let's just say I do a lot of driving IRL for more than 20 years - driven lots of Japanese cars from 70's to recent models and variety power range. If you drive my built cars, you should know more about me :P My experience IRL helped me shape my GT6 cars.

I dunno - for what it's worth I drive a ZZW30 Toyota MR2 in real life, and even with the default tires in the game I seriously can't tell the difference. Both the real-life and GT6 versions make a stupid amount of grip when cornering.

Back