If you designed a GT Vision Car what would it look like?

• Thread starter Hamisxa
  • 504 comments
Come on, we haven't ran out of ideas have we?

Saab Vision GT-X

image.jpg

400 Bhp 4 cylinder engine mated to a 140 Bhp electric system.

Combined weight is 1300kg through use of aircraft grade aluminium (Saab after all...) and CFRP. As long as Saab has the money to do so...

Time to show my old creation:

Audi/Di Santo V-1 (Di Santo is my surname)

Back when I was a kid this one was my very first project about a LMP1 protoype racing car, based on the Audi R8.
Stats are messed up, I was like 10/12 years old or something and I knew not so much about cars:

Power 975 BHP
V18 engine (lol)
Max speed 400 km/h
0-100 mt in 1.5 seconds
5 gears + R
weight 900kg

64750_848786625141410_1555411698376008323_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey y'all @LosCules24SFA is wanting to design a VGT on the Behalf of GTPlanet and would like your input.
Edit: Based off of this body:
View attachment 264252
I think, in all honesty, we should approach the whole GTP-VGT thing in a different way if we are gonna do it.

We start a thread, asking for people's ideas for the car, and try find a greatest fit sort of car.

We then get maybe 30 people to submit designs and people vote for their favourites, then the winner of this vote would be the VGT designer.

The basis of "Comments on my design" is a poor way to design something representative of a whole website as its still your design, just with improvements (or otherwise) from others, so you actually need to involve the whole community in the process, only then will it work effectively. Like a real design studio.

I think, in all honesty, we should approach the whole GTP-VGT thing in a different way if we are gonna do it.

We start a thread, asking for people's ideas for the car, and try find a greatest fit sort of car.

We then get maybe 30 people to submit designs and people vote for their favourites, then the winner of this vote would be the VGT designer.

The basis of "Comments on my design" is a poor way to design something representative of a whole website as its still your design, just with improvements (or otherwise) from others, so you actually need to involve the whole community in the process, only then will it work effectively. Like a real design studio.
I agree. He posted the photo of the body which pretty much also went along with what I wanted. I was just a little worried that by creating a new thread it will get locked. One of us should create a thread though since there's a demand

Yes that's what I mean, I really want to get the whole community in this project, can you help me with that, i would love to know more about your opinion and ideas @legacyMACHINE
The part I'm getting at is
Hey y'all @LosCules24SFAEdit: Based off of this body:
View attachment 264252

My proposal was to crowd source the idea of the basic car, as maybe they want a reiteration of a Group C LMP car, or a single seat V12 racer, or a front engined muscle car whereas yours is a mid-engined, it's safe to presume, supercar. A car design, like an algebra equation, should follow the correct steps.

Yours has missed out the following:
  1. Crowd sourcing of ideas
  2. The process of 30 or more people developing their own work based on comments from the forums, and submitting their final ones
  3. The final design being selected.
You've jumped to developing a final design, which would be a massive mistake if this did happen.

The part I'm getting at is

My proposal was to crowd source the idea of the basic car, as maybe they want a reiteration of a Group C LMP car, or a single seat V12 racer, or a front engined muscle car whereas yours is a mid-engined, it's safe to presume, supercar. A car design, like an algebra equation, should follow the correct steps.

Yours has missed out the following:
  1. Crowd sourcing of ideas
  2. The process of 30 or more people developing their own work based on comments from the forums, and submitting their final ones
  3. The final design being selected.
You've jumped to developing a final design, which would be a massive mistake if this did happen.
Well let's make thread that has members suggest the type of the car. Then narrow it down somehow or just have one huge poll. After that then we repeat the process for the details. Sound good? Oh sorry I behaved like an oligarch.

Here's my take on the VGT project. I called it the Kertz Atomic.
Based of a lotus elise gt1, a bir of the Mclaren P1, a bit of ferrari F40.
The wheels could be changed to something more exitting than a 5-spoke.
I may consider doing a 3-D drawing of this but as much as i liek to draw, it is obvious that i am not an artist.
Please give me some feedback, and maybe some new ideas :)
WP_20141130_001.jpg

Here's mine.

MR-6D

image.jpg

MR
Turbo V6
Diesel
8 Speed DSG

825hp @ 4200RPM
900lb ft @ 1500-4000RPM
925Kg

0-60mph: 2.5 Sec
0-240mph: 20.5 Sec
240-0mph: 6 Sec

Last edited:
This thread is awesome, the creativity spectacular.

To the nay sayers, a quote from Roosevelt comes to mind.

"It's not the critic who counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled. Credit belongs to the man who really was in the arena, his face marred by dust, sweat, and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs to come short and short again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming. It is the man who actually strives to do the deeds, who knows the great enthusiasm and knows the great devotion, who spends himself on a worthy cause, who at best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement. And, who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and cruel souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

LB9i0aR.jpg

Quick sketch.

An interchangeable safety cell for a VGT Car, Motorcycle and Race Boat!
Hydrogen powered Car and Motorcycle, Solar and Fan powering 12 cylinder engine for the Race Boat.

I copy-paste my post from the other thread:

Ok, my scanner isnt working so I spent about 3 hours drawing this by hand with paint and using the mouse :boggled: I nearly died, but Im proud of what I did, I mean its obviously not perfectly drawn because its so hard to draw this way, but I think you get the idea. I put the name "Magnum Opus" because its my best car ever designed :P (I used to draw imaginary cars when I was a kid)

I think its very complicated at least for me to draw such a car in 3D perspective, if anyone wants to do it I would appreciate it a lot.

I hope you guys like it. The car is all about design, scupltural design, the purity of the forms and the lines. I added a logo and rims from the internet that I liked.

I mixed two of my favorite car designs (real cars), if anyone can tell which two cars are, it will have an great car knowledge and I will be really impressed :)

vision-gt-png.265280

I liked Audi Vision GT use Audi Quattro 2014...Create a Pikes Peak..

Attachments

• 2014-audi-tt-quattro-sport-concept-003.jpg
    2014-audi-tt-quattro-sport-concept-003.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 9
I drew this sometime last year. I'll work on a new one so that it's up-to-date :D
S
0d51c28ab06c5246b316e97bea5c8dd7_zps8a662616.jpg

Stats (according to the back of the page in 2013):
5.0L V12TT
800 HP @7000 RPM
650 lb-ft @4500 RPM
9000 RPM Redline
Sounds of a vacuum
2500 lbs
M4
(I'm not 12 anymore, so my drawings have improved slightly. (I'm 13. (Oops.)))

Here's my creation (edited slightly)-
View attachment 268716
The original:
View attachment 268717
I drew this sometime last year. I'll work on a new one so that it's up-to-date :D
S
0d51c28ab06c5246b316e97bea5c8dd7_zps8a662616.jpg

Stats (according to the back of the page in 2013):
5.0L V12TT
800 HP @7000 RPM
650 lb-ft @4500 RPM
9000 RPM Redline
Sounds of a vacuum
2500 lbs
M4
(I'm not 12 anymore, so my drawings have improved slightly. (I'm 13. (Oops.)))
Time to show my old creation:

Audi/Di Santo V-1 (Di Santo is my surname)

Back when I was a kid this one was my very first project about a LMP1 protoype racing car, based on the Audi R8.
Stats are messed up, I was like 10/12 years old or something and I knew not so much about cars:

Power 975 BHP
V18 engine (lol)
Max speed 400 km/h
0-100 mt in 1.5 seconds
5 gears + R
weight 900kg

64750_848786625141410_1555411698376008323_n.jpg
Here's mine.

MR-6D

View attachment 265868

MR
Turbo V6
Diesel
8 Speed DSG

825hp @ 4200RPM
900lb ft @ 1500-4000RPM
925Kg

0-60mph: 2.5 Sec
0-240mph: 20.5 Sec
240-0mph: 6 Sec
Come on, we haven't ran out of ideas have we?

Saab Vision GT-X

View attachment 251879

400 Bhp 4 cylinder engine mated to a 140 Bhp electric system.

Combined weight is 1300kg through use of aircraft grade aluminium (Saab after all...) and CFRP. As long as Saab has the money to do so...
Guys you might want to post in our VGT Project Thread want to make a list of people in this project

Back