If you designed a GT Vision Car what would it look like?

• Thread starter Hamisxa
  • 504 comments
I'm thinking about drawing my own when I have the chance and a sheet of paper and a pencil.

It will be SUV-like and some of it will be inspired by an already existing VGT

or Brazil Design... 6 wheel!!! very funny!!!
Funny enough, I was pondering what a Cizeta V16T would look like and drive like with 4 rear wheels and a "Flat Floor".... Which would probably be my personal take on what a VGT would look like from me.

Attachments

• 10641046_997689446915112_7347630269651714227_n.jpg
    10641046_997689446915112_7347630269651714227_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
So, thought I'd finally get around to learning how to draw things that weren't just straight edges, cubes and cylinders. I'd got an idea for a car design, but I'm kind of making it up as I go along.. whilst I'm learning how to use sketchup properly... this is just the rear third of the car, and no, it's not finished yet :lol:

View are:

Plan

Rear Side

MSVGT.jpg

How do you make it so round, did you download something?
I believe something like sub divide and smooth might do it, but so far I'm just drawing the mesh one triangle at a time, then using the soften coplanars tool. You can still see the angular edges, even though the renderer makes it look smooth.

I believe something like sub divide and smooth might do it, but so far I'm just drawing the mesh one triangle at a time, then using the soften coplanars tool. You can still see the angular edges, even though the renderer makes it look smooth.

So just like me, as I'm also working on a VGT (a cross between classic Aston, Ferrari 250GTO and Alfa TZ)

So, thought I'd finally get around to learning how to draw things that weren't just straight edges, cubes and cylinders. I'd got an idea for a car design, but I'm kind of making it up as I go along.. whilst I'm learning how to use sketchup properly... this is just the rear third of the car, and no, it's not finished yet :lol:

View are:

Plan

Rear Side

View attachment 272342

Looks like an X1, nice.

Mine's coming along slowly... I need to smooth all the meshes out because it appears a little lumpy, yet still with sharp corners on the edges, but it's getting there in terms of overall shape. I've not drawn the cockpit at all yet.. what I wanted to do is going to end up looking like a batmobile... but I don't really want it to to too X1 like either. It's a long way off finished yet, because I'm lacking the time (and skill)

MSVGT2.jpg

MSVGT3.jpg

I suck at drawing so I'm just going to describe it. If someone wants to draw it you can and it would be appreciated, but I doubt that will happen lol.

The car would be shaped like a F1 car, but it would be street-legal. It would have 2 seats, but instead of the passenger seat being to the left or right of the driver seat, it would be behind the driver seat, like the layout of fighter jets. As for the specs, the car would be MR with about the same horsepower as a Lamborghini. I was also thinking of having it be normally open-cockpit, but perhaps it could be a "convertible" with a window like in the Red Bull..

Yes, but more futuristic. Also there would be more space between the 2 people.

What car is that BTW? Never knew something like that already existed!

Back