If You Won The Lottery...

You know I would :cool: Go up to a vending machine and say "Damn, it doesn't take $100s. Anyone got change?"

That would be preiceless.
When we went to Florida my dad bought a McDo's in Epcot with a $100 bill :dunce: Certainly got a few looks from the people behind us.

If I won the lottery (when I'm 18 :D) I'll buy...

1. Plymouth Superbird
2. My old house in Amityville
3. My dads house in Amityville
4. The plot of land that used to be New York National Raceway, and fix it up.
5. Corvette C6 Z06
6. Corvette C5 Z06 Convertible
7. Corvette C4 Gran Sport
8. Put 500,000 in the bank
9. Corvette C3 Stingray Coupe
10. Lincoln Mark V :D
11. A cat named Poofy!

For me:

A 50 car garage located in my back yard ( there's forest back there, so I could clear it and have it built.)

A private test facility built with said garage.

A museum where I would put them on display for people to see.

A 1985 Audi Sport Quattro in red. I would pick up chicks in it. ;)

A 1986 Ford RS200 in white.

A Quattro S1 works car that I would house in the museum.

A Lancia 037 road car.

A Lancia 037 Martini Racing works car. Which, of course, would go in the museum.

I would build a huge movie theater that would show nothing but car movies. (mostly Grand Prix)

3 1983 AE86 Corollas (A Trueno GT Apex, A Levin GT Apex, and a GT-S. All hatches.)

A ferrari F40 (my favorite Ferrari)

A 1964 Ford Thunderbolt

I would bulldoze my school and put in a public road course.

A 1965 Shelby GT350 R in white with blue stripes.

And, of course, a Italian Sub. MMMMM :drool:

When we went to Florida my dad bought a McDo's in Epcot with a $100 bill :dunce: Certainly got a few looks from the people behind us.

Do all Europeans call it McDo's?:yuck:

I did the same thing in France, buying a baguette with a 50 Euro bill. All of the other Americans I was with couldn't believe what I was doing.

...Lets see...

1) Build new English-style Manor House on a large plot of land in Forest Hills, at least 5-7 acres, no more than 10

2) Furnish the house with the best in high-end electronics, cherry-wood tables and bookshelves, and plenty of "comfortable" leather furniture

3) Given that the garage would be designed to double park cars five stalls wide, cars would be called for:

- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (White)
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Convertible (Teal)
- 1965 Pontiac GTO Coupe (Purple)
- 1968 Jaguar E-Type (BR Green)
- 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS (Yellow)
- 2009 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
- 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
- 2007 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG

...And those are only my cars, I'd also buy some for my Mom and my Brother, not to mention a few for my Dad and my Grandparents.

4) I'd pay-off my Father's house, give him money to finish it off

5) Spend a month in Europe doing what I want

6) Buy-out part of Steve and Barry's all while continuing to work there

7) Stick the rest in the bank and live off the interest

If I won the lottery, I'd...

-Purchase a large plot of land with some big, old trees here and there and small, rolling hills.
-Have a comfortable house built for me and two buddies--think 2500-3000 sq.ft.
-Hire an architect to design an uber-garage, with enough space between its 40 parking slots to open both car's doors wide open.
-Hire a reputable contractor (Der Alta?) to build this garage on a specifically planned location.
-Hire a famous racetrack designer to plan a good track. This step will take a while.
-Get somebody to build it.
-Make sure they don't forget my gymkhana with sprinkler system.
-Buy a '95 Civic hatch and build everything, especially the B18C making ~220whp at ~9000rpm, with a limiter at 9500. And a lisence plate saying "220HP9K".:sly:
-Master it and the track.

Now don't think I've forgotten about the obligatory trip to the Nurb, Monza, Everywhere. I'd get my laps in somehow. I'd also enjoy a pilot and boating lisence, the latter of which is highly attainable. I'll have the F430 Challenge, the 599, the GT3, the SRT10, the Miata, Gallardo Spyder, R34, Turbo, GT, Z06, Cayman, MR2, S2000, RX7, NSX, and Escalade. Yes, a Slade. Allllllll pimped out. I'd track down a few cars I especially love and want. I'd help out some people the parents, the family. I'd try my hand at learning German once again, and spend some time there. I'd attend all sorts of racing events and the like. I'd try for a girlfriend.:D I'd invest in stuff and make money off my money. I'd do lots of stuff.

Cars and racing would be my focus, but I've actually thought thoroughly about this stuff. Dreaming is a great way to pass the time.

Just as a point in question, would anyone really want to quit work?

I'd just find life to get dull really quickly.

Keef, considering I've got two degrees in Architecture, I'd design it and build.

Ultrabeat, I'd quit work, as the stuff that I'd want to do and plan to do, would be almost as much as a 40 hour week anyway.

1.Buy enough land do make a replica of Nurb.
2.Replicate the Nurb (renamed as Finlandia-ring) and start arranging trackdays.
3. build a big house, a workshop and a huuge garage in the middle of Finlandia ring.
4. Buy atleast 10 cars that could be used to train the next generation of Flying Finns.
5. organize a racing school.
6. Buy two GT-R's. R32 V-Spec II and new GT-R.
7. Buy Zonda F ( the sound of that car.. :drool: )
8. Buy Toyota Starlet KP60'80 and make sure that it will have 300bhp+
9. build a rally track within the Finlandia-Ring
10. make profit from all of this :D

How you plan to make a profit from all of that though is beyond me.

I'd perhaps quit work but go on an engineering course or something. I'd want to be doing something, whether I set up a small barely profitable business or worked in a corner shop I'd want to be doing something.

Just wait until you've been working full time for 10 or more years, see if you'll feel the same way then ;)

I'd give up work like a shot. But would find plenty to do with my time, eventually.

To add to the PC, iPod and Zune...

An all-weather camera. For those rainy or snowy days.

And a proper coat for being in the snow.

Perhaps he's getting his list to Santa mixed up with his Lottery wish list?

Does it include some chocolate coins and a Beano annual?

Our jackpots are always in the line of $4 million. It went as high as $48 million before, but that's it.

Well, I'm hoping for the best when I hear the Power Ball crests $300 million. Of course, I'd probably take the lump sum because I'm impatient, so I'd only expect about half of that. Besides, I hate bills and would enjoy paying cash for everything. Do you realize how much I'd love to walk into a Dodge dealership to find a rich man and his wife arranging to buy a Viper, only for me to open my brief case of $85,000 and take the car within the hour? Wow!

Der Alta, I'd be honored for you to take part in the designing and construction of the baddest ass garage on the planet. And I don't mind a little bird poop here and there.:lol: Do you build pools too? Gotta have a pool.

I'd probably get my own business running. Not quite sure yet, but would have to be something I'd be prepared to put time into.

Wow, our lottery has reached over $300 million. It's always around $20 million on average.

How you plan to make a profit from all of that though is beyond me.

the one who sells isn't crazy, but the one who pays the price willingly. the track would be rented for trackdays and such, which won't be cheap, and the cars rent and race fuel won't be free either.. within a decade it all will pay itself back. or then I'd just sell it all for higher price to some rich guy from Arab Emirates. :sly:

I still can't see a profit turning up except maybe on a sale. For a track that size you'll need a lot of track marshals, which won't be cheap and you'll need plenty of track maintenence, which won't be cheap either. As for the land and track development it'sefl, it'd probably cost a hell of a lot more to set up than you'd get from a lottery Jackpot but in the spirit of dreams and dreams coming true it's a nice thought ;).

Small yet ultra modern House.
Veilside Fortune RX-7
Caterham 7 CSR (Maybe 2)
Use the rest to start up a tuning garage with my friend.

http://www.nzlotteries.co.nz/Games/BigWednesday/default.aspx

The big lottery in New Zealand.

Prizes:
Porsche 911 Carrera
Range Rover Vogue V8
$250k on an American Express card
$50k of travel each year for 5 years
Mustang Sports boat
$500k bach

And $2 million. Tax free.

(if there is no winner, the money jackpots by $500k. One person won it when it was at something like $12 million.)

So, if I won the lottery, I probably wouldn't need to buy anything.

If I bought something, I would buy:
911 Turbo (or CGT)
A nice house - big, but not too flash (something around $800k, methinks)
A really good computer and home entertainment system

That's about it.

- Live off the interest.
- Make a really nice sandwich
- Buy a fully loaded PC (for gaming)
- Buy a fully loaded Mac Pro (design work)
- Design and build a house.
- Buy a 997 GT3 RS for track days, and a 911 Turbo for everyday use
- Make another sandwich!

I forgot to add an idea my friend gave me a few weeks back.

-Have my own Subway sandwich counter. Complete with 24hr staff.

Back