IFFC | International Formula Ford Championship | RyanRacer is the Inaugural Driver's Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 271 comments

What Time Would You Like This To Be On?

• Sunday 10:00am GMT +1 // 4:00am EST // 7:00pm AEST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday 12:45am GMT +1 // 6:45pm EST // 9:45am AEST

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
(GTOR) IFFC Season Preview

Alas, the inaugural season or the (GTOR) IFFC is here! 2 co-series managers later, we finally hit a sweet spot in a partnership between @NW48 & @David Talle that is set to push the series to dizzying heights with a high level of success! NW48 has continued a successful partnership with the Gran Turismo Online Racing, or GTOR for short, with @DirtyNurbKing58 as enthusiastic as ever in being an integral part in the series so far! The (GTOR) IFFC has seen newcomers, GTOR series participants and racers from the RMTC join this series, one of which being @Timlour. Timlour is easily one of the most committed guys in any series, burning the midnight oil to practice or race. Rain, Hail or Shine, Timlour always tries to make it when he can! He carries a far bit of weight on his shoulders after coming second overall in the Am Class of the RMTC, only behind Senna's secret son, who was probably rain dancing all night long at Bathurst, @TNR_KING_FILO. David Talle brings a far bit of expectation into the series also placing on the podium in the Am Class of the RMTC with a late run to the finish.

The newcomers, @RyanRacer, he has struggled with making his own series' work so in order to ease the craving for online racing, he decided to help out another struggling series', the (GTOR) IFFC, in a heroic act that is definitely appreciated throughout the paddock. @WestRoadZ, well no one really knows, we haven't heard from or seen him at all, it makes us wonder if he actually wants to race or not...

And finally, the people coming from the (GTOR) GTTCC, one of the, if not most, popular Touring Car series on GTPlanet. @MAB96, the head of the multi-discipline Williams-MAB Racing sitting currently in 18th on the GTTCC points table for the drivers championship, is somewhat flying under the radar so far, looking for an upset in the making! Then we come to @DirtyNurbKing58, if it wasn't for him, I don't think I would have had the courage, let alone the confidence to open a second series after the RMTC. He currently sits 7th for Diesel Pig Racing in the GTTCC, so even as a wildcard, he certainly has a fair bit of expectation on his shoulders for when he races!

All in all, I hope everyone enjoys the season ahead, hopefully improving their ability in this great series. If it wasn't for everyone in this series, I don't think that we would be here today, gearing up for an action packed first round from Tsukuba, Japan!!

Last edited:
Please note that the race is on Friday night for us westerners ( 11:50pm GMT / 6:50pm EST).

Also I will ask to every driver that plans to attend to copy/past and add their PSN name on the following sign up sheet so we know who to wait for :

1: ElCondensator
2: Ninth_wonder48
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Don't forget to have fun !
:cheers:
Done & done!

Please note that the race is on Friday night for us westerners ( 11:50pm GMT / 6:50pm EST).

Also I will ask to every driver that plans to attend to copy/past and add their PSN name on the following sign up sheet so we know who to wait for :

1: ElCondensator
2:Timlour
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Don't forget to have fun !
:cheers:

Right
I need to be up early tomorrow and been shifting furniture all day so am knackered. I won't be there tonight (it's in about 3 hours correct?) But I can be there next week :cheers:

@NW48 "We're ready and waiting for you. Come on! Pull up to the starting line and rev your engine!" -Announcer from Ridge Racer Revolution

:lol:

But seriously, we're going to start in 15 minutes, so you'd best hurry.

NW isn't GMT though, he's 10 hours further ahead than me, he's in Australia so when he put 11:45pm GMT I would assume that is the time for us. Obviously I was wrong. :banghead:

NW isn't GMT though, he's 10 hours further ahead than me, he's in Australia so when he put 11:45pm GMT I would assume that is the time for us. Obviously I was wrong. :banghead:
That's what I thought it was too, but probably not. That's Probably why timlour sad everyone was waiting :confused:

I must have mis-read then. :(
I don't think you did mate because I thought it was 12:45 GMT but maybe he put the wrong date, as it's 13th for NWZ but 12th for us @NW48 can you help us out mate :lol:

EDIT - Actually as i't's past midnight in GMT it would actually make it the next day, so the 13th even though it was friday night. If that right and makes sense?

Well, while it's true the room opened the 12th, the race took place the 13th :lol:
Except if you live on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. :odd:

I tried to warn you guys that is was on Friday to Saturday night, maybe I should've tagged all the non-aussies in my above message. :confused:

And @DirtyNurbKing58 you thought it was 12:45 because NW used to display GMT+1 in his posts but we switched back to GMT because it is more convenient for everyone, especially for you English guys. :D

Ok, I'll take some blame but not the full amount. If you were responsible enough, you should have checked the club event, like I said to do at least 3 times, so some blame comes back to you's. You're lucky I convert the time to your time and not leave it in AEST. So, since everyone is confused, who would be in favour of changing it to a Saturday night for American's/Europeans?

Round 1 Results
Qualifying:
1st: RyanRacer- 56.508*
2nd: NW48- 56.830
3rd: David_Talle- 57.767
4th: Timlour- DNQ
5th: nurnurgringkingk- DNQ

Race 1
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- David_Talle
4th- NW48

Race 2
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- NW48
4th- David_Talle

Race 3
1st- NW48
2nd- RyanRacer**
3rd- Timlour
4th- David_Talle

*Pole Position, bonus point to be awarded
**Fastest Lap of the round, bonus point to be awarded.

I'll have Team/Driver Points up by Monday at the earliest or Tuesday at the latest.

Last edited:
Points Standings
After Round 1 of 7

Team Championship
1st-
McLaren-Honda Motorsports- 460pts
2nd- RPO Racing- 287pts
3rd- Williams-MAB Racing- 235pts
4th- Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS- 0pts

Drivers' Championship
1st-
RyanRacer- 287pts
2nd- NW48- 245pts
3rd- Timlour- 235pts
4th- David_Talle- 215pts

Bonus Points- RyanRacer- 2pts = Fastest Lap & Pole Position

Last edited:
Yes. Saturday nights would be best. Just to let you know, I also got the fastest lap in Races 1 and 2, so I should get some additional bonus points. My team name is also RPO Racing.

Some pics of the first round :

Tsukuba Circuit_6.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_5.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_2.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit_8.jpg

For the record : #7 @RyanRacer takes the first ever IFFC checkered flag
Tsukuba Circuit_4.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Saturday nights would be best. Just to let you know, I also got the fastest lap in Races 1 and 2, so I should get some additional bonus points. My team name is also RPO Racing.
But it is only the fastest lap of the 3 races that count. Team entries shut last week, you're too late to start a new team but you can rename the team.

With the Saturday night decision that will come into affect at round 3 if everyone wants it to, my attendance will be very unlikely for the entire series, so my vote will go in favour of the time and day staying the same.

So just one person wants the day to change, since I believe in democracy and not dictatorships, unlike some series', the decision to move the day will not go forward. It will remain a Friday night at 11:50pm GMT +0 and Saturday at 9:50am AEST.

@David Talle will be doing the driver's briefing this week on Thursday this week.

Driver's briefing // IFFC ROUND 2 (Silverstone) // 19-20th December

@Timlour @RyanRacer @MAB96 @WestRoadZ @DirtyNurbKing58 @swiftsmith @NW48 @David Talle
3 x 43 440m
130 km
81 miles
S-The-International-Circuit.gif
Event Schedule
Room opens FRIDAY at 11:50pm GMT // 6:50pm EST // (Saturday) 9:50am AEST

12:15am GMT : race 1 starts (12 laps)
12:30am GMT : race 1 ends

12:35am GMT : race 2 starts (12 laps)
12:50am GMT : race 2 ends

1:00am GMT : race 3 starts (12 laps)
1:15am GMT : race 3 ends

Starting grid for race 1 is determined by your best lap time in PreQ. If you didn’t PreQ’d before race day you will start at the back of the grid.

Race 2 and 3 are reversed grids from previous race (race 1 and race 2 respectively).

Due to settings locked-up in Club Events lobby, we will form up grids manually before each race.

Weather forecast : Mostly cloudy

Be aware that weather is set on random (5 times).

Kerb usage and track limits
As per the rules, kerbs are part of the track. Remember you have to keep at least one wheel on the track (or kerb) at all time. Any advantage gained with all 4 wheels off the track may result in a warning, a penalty or a disqualification if repeated.

For this track in particular :
Be careful not to run too wide at Stowe and at the Village/Link section.

Race Officials:
This round's race officials will be;

Racing incidents
If a driver wishes to report an incident they must send a private message to any race official within 48h after the race.

And don't forget to have fun ! :cheers:
aerial-image-of-silverstone.jpg

I would love to see at least 6 people there on Friday at 11:45pm GMT +0, after last week's round, I think we need to put in a decent attendance to help make this series look better from the outside.

Also, we have 2 new people who have joined our club in GT6, as I had it set to "Public" so we could get more entries, I have no idea who they are and I have made simple instructions for them to follow, like leave a comment in the "Driver Introduction" topic in the forum, however they have not done so yet. As a result, they have been excluded from any events that we hold until they follow the simple instruction. If you know who they are, please tell them to leave the comment and if you don't, I would like you to try and find a way to know who they are. Until we find out who they are, the club will be set back to "Private".

I Think Ryan is gonna run away with this one. He is biblically quick around Silverstone and has again, from the looks of it, has pipped me by 2 tents for pole, so congrats on the soon to be pole position. And to make getting pole a little bit more exciting, I am putting together a Pole Award Competition. Whoever gets the most poles this season will receive an extra 10pts added to the championship total at the end of the season, before the champion is crowned.

Please put your name on this attendance sheet for Friday at 11:50pm GMT +0
1. NW48

And Swift, you will need to accept that Invite to join our GT6 Club as all the events for our club are held through there.

Provisional Grid Going Off Pre-Q
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- NW48
3rd- Timlour (DNQ)
4th- David_Talle (DNQ)
5th- M_A_B_96 (DNQ)
6th- smith1001 (DNQ)​

Grid Going Off Sign Up
1st- NW48​

I'm disappointed in those numbers. Nuff said.

Back