IFFC | International Formula Ford Championship | RyanRacer is the Inaugural Driver's Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 271 comments

What Time Would You Like This To Be On?

• Sunday 10:00am GMT +1 // 4:00am EST // 7:00pm AEST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday 12:45am GMT +1 // 6:45pm EST // 9:45am AEST

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So for the upcoming round, race 1 & 3 will be on Big Willow while race 2 will be on the Streets of Willow. Pre-Q will be on for both tracks.

There will be more details about it in the driver's briefing.

Points Standings
After Round 4 of 7

Team Championship
1st-
McLaren-Honda Motorsports- 1175pts
2nd- GTORacing- 985pts
3rd- RPO Racing- 690pts
4th- Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS- 0pts
5th- Williams-MAB Racing- 0pts
6th- Swift Autosport- 0pts

Drivers' Championship
1st-
RyanRacer- 790pts
2nd- NW48- 625pts
3rd- Timlour- 620pts
4th- David_Talle- 550pts
5th- NinjaEvo- 365pts

As you can see still everything to play for, the teams championship is really heating up so that'll be the battle to watch throughout the remaining rounds.

Sorry that I haven't got the Pre-Q and Race up in our club events but this is what our CBD looks like;​
r0_77_892_514_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

And that was yesterday morning, we've received just under 75-80mm since then. Our Dam, jumped up from 21% to 59% just in 48hrs. In the past month, we have received more rain than we have in 2013/4, so we are pretty much no longer in drought!

But as I said, I'll have the events all sorted today and driver's briefing done tomorrow.

I'll be away this Thursday and Friday, but I'm scueduled to return home on Friday at 2:00 PM EST. I should still be able to make it to the race if everything goes as planned, but I'm letting you guys know just in case I don't make it.

I'll be away this Thursday and Friday, but I'm scueduled to return home on Friday at 2:00 PM EST. I should still be able to make it to the race if everything goes as planned, but I'm letting you guys know just in case I don't make it.
Thanks for the heads up, Tim. If you are unable to make it, we'll discuss a way you can still receive points, whether you get last-place points for the round or you can find a replacement to race, we'll find a way! :)

IFFC Driver's Briefing | Round 5 | Willow Springs- Battle in the Desert

@NW48, @David Talle, @Timlour, @RyanRacer, @NinjaEvo, @WestRoadZ, @swiftsmith

Welcome to the driver's briefing for round 5 of the IFFC! This week is again a special event with 4 races taking part at two different tracks in one day. Willow Springs Big Willow and Willow Springs Streets of Willow are the two configurations we will be using. Everything outlined in the driver's briefing will stand for both tracks unless stated otherwise.

big-willow-map.jpg

gpc-willowsprings-streets-200.jpg

(I know, this picture is terrible)

Individual Race Reminders: @WestRoadZ & @swiftsmith, you must race and Pre-Qualify two rounds to avoid going to a tribunal for not showing up to at least 2 rounds. What is given as a penalty for doing so will be decided upon during that tribunal behind closed doors. It's not something I want to do, but signing up for a series and not communicating or showing up is disappointing for the people who work their butts off to make this series as good as it can get.

Blocking: Blocking is allowed to a safe extent only on the final lap, any other laps blatant blocking with or without the intention to hinder someone's progress will result in a Steward's Hearing. The same shall go for contact.

Estimated Time Schedule:
9:50am AEST- Room Opens
10:15am AEST- Race 1 Begins
10:27am AEST- Race 1 ends, 5 minute break
10:32am AEST- Race 2 Begins
10:45 AEST- Race 2 ends, 10 minute break
10:55am AEST- Race 3 Begins
11:05am AEST- Race 3 ends, 5 minute break
11:10am AEST- Race 4 starts
12:00pm AEST- Race Meet Must End (Time Certainty)

Race Format:
Big Willow-
Race 1- 8 Laps // Race 3- 10 Laps
Streets of Willow- Race 2- 9 Laps // Race 4- 11 Laps

Stewards: The stewards for this race will be;
@NW48
@David Talle

If you have any complaints about anything that transpired during the round, please inform any one of these 3 officials and supply the sufficient evidence so we can make it right for you.

Track Limits: I can't see how you can get away with this due to the ruts on the side of the track but if you somehow do, there will be a penalty that will be decided upon based on the time you gain.

Willow Springs Streets of Willow: As this is such a small, narrow track, we need to be considerate of others at all times, obeying the 3 quarter car rule whenever we can.

As we are racing at two different tracks, the race will not be held in a Club Event Room, the race will instead be held in the Club Lobby. Other than that, I think everything that needs to be cleared up has. I hope to see everyone there racing at our showcase race this season.

Big-willow.jpg

A special announcement regarding Season 2 is coming up in the next few days providing everything goes to plan :)👍

Sorry it took so long, here it is:

Suspension
60 60
3.50 7.00
4 7
4 7
1 7
NO CAMBER!!!
-0.20 0.00

Brakes
5 5

Transmission
1) Set Final Gear to 5.500
2) Move Max. Speed slider all the way to the left
3) Set gear ratios 1st 4.986 2nd 3.142 3rd 2.280 4th 1.803 5th 1.488
4) Adjust Final Gear to track, 3.950 for Big Willow and 4.885 for little lame stupid Willow

LSD

Ballast
30 kg

Sorry it took so long, here it is:

Suspension
60 60
3.50 7.00
4 7
4 7
1 7
NO CAMBER!!!
-0.20 0.00

Brakes
5 5

Transmission
1) Set Final Gear to 5.500
2) Move Max. Speed slider all the way to the left
3) Set gear ratios 1st 4.986 2nd 3.142 3rd 2.280 4th 1.803 5th 1.488
4) Adjust Final Gear to track, 3.950 for Big Willow and 4.885 for little lame stupid Willow

LSD

Ballast
30 kg

:lol: You'll still beat us even if it is "little, lame, stupid Willow", interesting setup, completely different to what I use.

Who's for attaching an anchor or two to Ryan's car? ;)

:lol: You'll still beat us even if it is "little, lame, stupid Willow", interesting setup, completely different to what I use.

Who's for attaching an anchor or two to Ryan's car? ;)

I hate it! Just terrible! :lol:
1. NW48
2. Timlour (50/50)
3. NinjaEvo
4. RyanRacer

I hate it! Just terrible! :lol:
1. NW48
2. Timlour (50/50)
3. NinjaEvo
4. RyanRacer
It's not that bad, good little track, no room for mistakes. I'll admit the chicane on the back straight is tricky to negotiate, but it's a nice challenge. :)

It's not that bad, good little track, no room for mistakes. I'll admit the chicane on the back straight is tricky to negotiate, but it's a nice challenge. :)

Actually, after getting used to it it's really not that bad, just yeah. That chicane is crazy! :scared:

I'll have any possible penalties handed out by Tuesday's updated points.

Only little ones here and there. But if I find a reoffender, a time a starting grid penalty will come into affect.

Here are the penalties, just a warning before launching a possible appeal or questioning why other people didn't receive one, I based the penalty giving on if you blantany ignored an outlined rule, hindered another drivers progress or repeat offended more than twice;
Race 2- First Corner- @David Talle - +20secs - Severe Contact/Ignoring 3/4 car rule
Race 3- Turn 2- @RyanRacer - +5secs - Blocking/ Hinderence (Playing a small part of a collision as well)
Race 4- Turn 4- @RyanRacer - Illegal Squeezing/Hindering Contact - +5secs
Race 4- 2.17mins- @RyanRacer - Contact on a Straight - +5secs

@RyanRacer will receive a 5-place grid penalty for Round 6 Race 1 for receiving 3 penalties as a reprimand.

Provisional Race Results (With Above Penalties)
1st Race;
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- NinjaEvo
4th- David Talle
5th- NW48

Race 2;
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- NinjaEvo
4th- NW48
5th- David Talle (Dropped 2 Places due to Penalty)

Race 3;
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- NinjaEvo
4th- NW48
5th- David Talle (DNF)

Race 4;
1st- Timlour
2nd- NW48
3rd- RyanRacer (Dropped 1 Place due to Penalty)
4th- NinjaEvo

I realise some penalties were tough but I based them on the above reasons. Ryan, before you think I was targeting you, I wasn't, in fact I let some things go on your behalf as warnings as you haven't offended once this season. :)👍 Sane goes with the rest of us. ;)

Here are the penalties, ;
Race 2- First Corner- @David Talle- Warning- Next Offence will Result in Penalty
Race 3- Turn 2- @RyanRacer - +5secs - Blocking/ Hinderence (Playing a small part of a collision as well)
Race 4- Turn 4- @RyanRacer - Illegal Squeezing/Hindering Contact - +5secs
Race 4- 2.17mins- @RyanRacer - Contact on a Straight - +5secs

@RyanRacer will receive a 5-place grid penalty for Round 6 Race 1 for receiving 3 penalties as a reprimand.

Final Race Results (With Above Penalties)
1st Race;
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- NinjaEvo
4th- David Talle
5th- NW48

Race 2;
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- David Talle
4th- NinjaEvo
5th- NW48

Race 3;
1st- RyanRacer
2nd- Timlour
3rd- NinjaEvo
4th- NW48
5th- David Talle (DNF)

Race 4;
1st- Timlour
2nd- NW48
3rd- RyanRacer (Dropped 1 Place due to Penalty)
4th- NinjaEvo

I'll have points done by tomorrow and Pre-Q will be up by day's end.

We desperately need hype so;

IFFC Season 2 Rumour

Rumours are a light with word of a Season 2 coming directly after the conclusion of the current season.

A new format for next season is expected to be trialled at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit & the Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit. It's expected that the format will be 5x 10 Lap races instead of the usual 3x ?? Lap formats.

However, one uncertainty is the absence of a series organiser, a similar problem facing the other series of NW48's, the ATCC. Who will take the spot, that should be answered soon enough.

Points Standings
After Round 5 of 7

Team Championship
1st-
McLaren-Honda Motorsports- 1675pts
2nd- GTORacing- 1630pts
3rd- RPO Racing- 1165pts
4th- Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS- 0pts
5th- Williams-MAB Racing- 0pts
6th- Swift Autosport- 0pts

Drivers' Championship
1st-
RyanRacer- 1165pts
2nd- Timlour- 975pts
3rd- NW48- 910pts
4th- David_Talle- 765pts
5th- NinjaEvo- 655pts

The championship has gone down to the wire, Ryan can seal it at Brands Hatch providing he has a good showing and doesn't receive any major points penalties. The teams championship has really heated up with very little points separating the top 2. Brands Hatch is gonna be a good one!

Name and shame time!

!!INDIVIDUAL RACE REMINDERS!!
@swiftsmith & @WestRoadZ

YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS SERIES AS A FULL-TIME RACER, YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED NOR ATTENDED A SINGLE ROUND DURING THIS CHAMPIONSHIP, FAILURE TO ATTEND THIS ROUND AND THE FINAL ROUND WILL RESULT IN A SERIES BAN. NO IF'S, NO BUT'S. YOU BOTH HAVE HAD NO COMMUNICATION IN THIS THREAD AND HAVE NOT APOLOGISED FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE YOU HAVE CAUSED. I HAVE GIVEN YOU BOTH MANY CHANCES BUT IT IS ABOUT TIME THE HAMMER COMES DOWN.

@swiftsmith, you are yet to even join the Community Club, and I have sent you numerous invites to do so. You've signed up for two of my series' and you are yet to actually race.

@WestRoadZ, you have joined the Community Club, so thank you for that, but you need to enter and participate in the next 2 rounds.

Sorry for the large font, but it needed to be addressed, and now they can't use the "We didn't see it" excuse.

Driver's briefing // IFFC ROUND 6 (Brands Hatch Indy) // 16-17th January
@Timlour @RyanRacer @WestRoadZ @True-blue-8 @swiftsmith @NinjaEvo @NW48 @David Talle

New format
5x 19,290m // 96km // 60 miles
Capture d’écran 2015-01-15 à 14.17.47.png

Event Schedule

Room opens FRIDAY at 11:50pm GMT// 6:50pm EST // (Saturday) 9:50am AEST

12:15am GMT
: race 1 starts (10 laps)
  • race 2 (10 laps) reverse grid
  • race 3 (10 laps) reverse grid
  • race 4 (10 laps) reverse grid
  • race 5 (10 laps) reverse grid
1:15am GMT : race 5 ends

Starting grid for race 1 is determined by your best lap time in PreQ. If you didn’t PreQ’d before Friday 12:30pm GMT you will start at the back of the grid.
Due to settings locked-up in Club Events lobby, we will form up the grid manually before each race.

Weather forecast : Cloudy, rain expected.

Be aware that weather is set on random (10 times).

Kerb usage and track limits
As per the rules, kerbs are part of the track. Remember you have to keep at least one wheel on the track (or kerb) at all time. Any advantage gained with all 4 wheels off the track may result in a warning, a penalty or a disqualification if repeated.

As any off track excursion is pretty punitive at Brands Hatch, there shouldn't be any particular problem.

Race Officials
This round's race officials will be;

Racing incidents
If a driver wishes to report an incident they must send a private message to any race official within 48h after the race.

And don't forget to have fun ! :cheers:
imagegen.ashx

Last edited:
Great Driver's Briefing @David Talle!! :)👍

Looking forward to the racing, I'm just starting to put aside the ATCC to focus on this as my performances as of late have been way below par.

Remember, @RyanRacer has a 5-place grid penalty that he must serve entirely. So Pole is up for grabs!

REMEMBER!! Nominations for the end of year awards ceromoney will be closing 24hrs after Round 7 and will be announced immediately afterwards.

And @WestRoadZ & @swiftsmith you MUST attend this round to avoid a series ban.
@swiftsmith, need to accept the invite, ASAP.
image.jpg

Proof I have invited you in case you have doubt.

Back