IH Scouts

• Thread starter frestkd
  • 9 comments
DANG! you guys dont have a CLUE what a Scout II is! (no offence) . Its not necessarily a station wagon as frestkd says, its an SUV. OF of the meanest 4X4's EVER MADE! I've heard TRUE stories about them getting so far out in the mud, that when it gets stuck, Z71's And RAm Off Road's Cant even get CLOSE enough to tow it out. Its a tribute to the Reading Rainbow song"I
CAN go anywhere"

Hey frestkd, I have one for sell, a 73, with a 304. We have a extra, 345(or 348?), extra manifold, good set on Tires(offroad), Well, just about a spare everything. Itll start, if ya reset the timing. the engine turns over. Its almost roadworth y( or off road worthy). If your serious, youll get it for practically noting(in fact My brothers ready to donate it to one of those organization, just so theyll tow it off)he is sick of working on it, even though its almost done.

The IH Scouts are not classified as a SUV, because SUV wasn't a classification in the late 60's to the early 80's. On a title on a IH Scout it is classified as a SW as in Station Wagon in Arizona. My Dad is puting a 392 c.i. IH bus motor in his 1978 Scout II Traveler. It has a 4 inch Skyjacker Softride, 4.09 Dana 44s w/ Lockrite in the rear and Tracklok in the front. 33x10.5x15 BFG AT Tires. It has 3 spd 727 Torqueflight for the tranny.

Kristof

well, if you put it that way, A Mustang is a Compact Car. IT Is, according to the EPA, Who decides these matters.:D So you call it a Station Wagon? Its the baddest SAtaion wagon ever made. I personally like the 73 Grilles better than any other.

Originally posted by b0rderman
Audi RS4 is better, althogh i bet josh will come stormin in and tell me its not

Damn dude, I was joking! I didn't even know what the RS4 was until I checked it out, and it's actually really sweet. I was just messing with you...

I like my Scout cause other drivers respect me when I'm driving it. I also like my Bimmers too! Happiness is the corner! What other family sedan can do 150+:eek: and hit street corners at 50 :D

yup, our 325is was amazing. how many cars made in 87 could someone get up to 113-120 , on bald tires, and take on curvy roads like it was going straight? plus had enough electronics to compete with a caddy! and burn hondas all day long!

Latest Posts

Back