ilikewaffles11's Toyotas

This should start the next page right?

2501888-3351201123-lJHcJ.gif

Alright so it's finally happening, @SVX rejoice. :P

Black bitch in her glory with the original black bitch.
image.jpg

Supra is still in garage now with a battery charger hooked up.
image.jpg

Meanwhile the bitch has salt in the engine bay. Yup, the engine bay. It's quite literally everywhere.
image.jpg

Wise words
image.jpg

From last weekend with the rusty racer. Got the cotter pins in on the rear and finally got the wheels back on :D
image.jpg

And I broke a punch taking a broken cotter pin out. ****in harbor freight.
image.jpg

Pins are a tad big but that's all I could find that'd even fit
image.jpg

Though for the castle nuts on the tie rod and ball joints I had to snip some of the pins off
image.jpg

image.jpg

Finally together again! :D Though I had to take the brakes all back apart to put it back together, which was fun
image.jpg

image.jpg

First time the rear wheels have been on in like a month. This is a proud moment *sniffle*
image.jpg

Anyway, also did the spark plugs
image.jpg

And ALSO the one guy at work cut a piece of plexiglass out for the sunroof for me. Looks great, would look like new at first glance if it weren't for all the scratches. Just gotta put it on now.
image.jpg

Old plugs lookin gross
image.jpg

Pro tip even though most of you already probably know this: use a piece of EVAP hose to start threading spark plugs in so you don't cross thread them
image.jpg

Cylinder head looking gross
image.jpg

The oil is pitch black
image.jpg

Oh and also never noticed this crack in the windshield
image.jpg

From yesterday, filthy bitch again. So recently I pulled the SRS warning fuse out because bright red warning lights are annoying. Also checked my tires yesterday and found out that the left front still has a slow leak, after plugging a nail and cleaning the lip of the rim already.

Aaaaaand also gonna try and find where my trunk is leaking, and then remove the carpet from the trunk and shampoo it along with the floor mat with spilled tea on it.
image.jpg

Started working on the MR2, noticed a dead rat under it. I guess that's why we call it the rusty rodent.

Got the new caliper on, old one
image.jpg

Started on the alternator then, there's only two bolts holding it on, and the a connector and a wire that's bolted onto it. Problem is its a pain to get in at it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Bollllllllts
image.jpg

Now the fun part. The alternator is loose however you can't actually take it out, there's nowhere wide enough to remove it through. Literally. We tried moving it every which way, wiggling it out, getting it from the top. There's nowhere to take it out from.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So we removed an exhaust hanger and pulled it down to get more room and then suddenly, the point in the exhaust where the catalytic converter connects (the exact spot we needed to remove it from incidentally) SNAPS off and the alternator falls to the ground. :lol: At that point there was nothing really holding it on so I could just take it off.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Two birds with one stone!
image.jpg

Still had to get the muffler off, which just had two hangers holding it on
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not to shabby
image.jpg

I also wanted to shampoo the carpets, but didn't have time. I managed to vaccum the ones I didn't get around to yet and also blew them off with compressed air. Next time I'll shampoo them

Half the carpet isn't even that bad, this is the passenger side. Little dirt but should be mint when scrubbed
image.jpg

The only one that's kinda eh is the drivers side, which even that will probably clean up nicely
image.jpg

The carpet behind the seats is already clean but had some spider webs on it that I gotta clean out
image.jpg

And the seats, which are still pretty nice
image.jpg

Also almost got to drive the 4Runner plow. My dad called telling me to drive it in, GET SUPER HYPED IM GONNA DRIVE IT!!!!! Get in and start it but then I go to raise the plow and.... Won't raise. It wouldn't raise up. I couldn't drive it. :(

So that's all I've got for this post, I hope it was worth the wait. :P

Another massive post! Prepare your browsers.

Assuming it doesn't crash again while I'm posting the last two ****in photos again. :grumpy:

So to start, grabbed the alternator off of the spare engine in the back of the shop.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And here she is. Rusty as ever
image.jpg

New cat to put on
image.jpg

And exhaust
image.jpg

image.jpg

New alternator. Was a lot easier putting it on than taking it off honestly. Started it up and tested it and it's working fine, but the battery is toast I think. Died afterwards, charged it the other day so gonna have to see if it held it or not. Also used the bolts and belt from that spare engine.
image.jpg

Belt, bolts, fun times
image.jpg

Then I shampooed the carpets. I sprayed them with simple green and hosed them off to start, then after that scrubbed them and hosed them off again. Worked pretty well. For that thick piece behind the seats and the seats themselves, I used some spray a friend had that foams up and scrubbed them.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So then this weekend, the one guy who works there was in and showed me how to patch the floors. Cut out some sheet metal, fitted it, then drilled some screws into it to secure it. After that I ran some caulk around the edges and smoothed it out, trying to fill in as much as possible.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Carpet finally dried, and turned out quite nice. Smells nice and clean.
image.jpg

Drivers side still has the stain, but it's much better. And smells a lot better. But because of that hole I now gotta spray paint the sheet metal there black just to try and blend it in a little.
image.jpg

Thick piece mentioned before
image.jpg

Floor mats look good, albeit drivers side is a little faded
image.jpg

Seats looks great
image.jpg

After that, cleaned the interior pieces off. Just used some simple green and some paper towels and cleaned both sides of all of it.
image.jpg

Dunno how but it was pretty damn filthy
image.jpg

Seatbelt stuff so I remember how it went together :lol:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Half of it done
image.jpg

Need to replace the shift boot. Don't care that it's tattered, but it's honestly disgusting. All sticky and has hair and crap stuck to it so... Screw that. They're on eBay for like $20 so whatever.
image.jpg

Wish I could find one of these that isn't faded if possible. Not that it matters.
image.jpg

And the rest. All came out quite nice
image.jpg

Got the headers out, heat wrapped because race car obviously. I didn't do that, I'm assuming my dad did when he ran them on his old AW11. Not going on until the rust is fixed though. :lol:
image.jpg

Gotta do these parking brake cables as well.
image.jpg

So she's pretty close to being driveable. On the inside, I've gotta do a few things yet. I have to..

-Put sunroof in
-Do parking brake cables as itd be easier while the interiors apart
-Spray paint sheet metal
-Fill in smaller holes
-Clean rest of interior
-Put interior back together

Meanwhile otherwise

-Loosen serpentine belt a bit, pretty sure I overtightened it
-Put in 02 sensor
-Put exhaust on, which I have to remove those two rusted bolted from where the cat connects
-Bleed brakes

Then I can start driving her. Should be driveable soon I hope.

Also, a video! :D

Nice work, good to see her being put back together piece by piece.

Also have you ever thought about dynamatting your car? Only say that because your interior is already out. Did it to my car and it greatly helped fix all the rattle/squeaks/road noise, if that is a problem for you. Pretty time intensive but it's relatively cheap, just requires a lot of elbow grease. Here's some pics of my install:

5eup.jpg

gztx.jpg

ximq.jpg

nquk.jpg

Great mod if you plan to DD your car 👍

Nice work, good to see her being put back together piece by piece.

Also have you ever thought about dynamatting your car? Only say that because your interior is already out. Did it to my car and it greatly helped fix all the rattle/squeaks/road noise, if that is a problem for you. Pretty time intensive but it's relatively cheap, just requires a lot of elbow grease. Here's some pics of my install:

5eup.jpg

gztx.jpg

ximq.jpg

nquk.jpg

Great mod if you plan to DD your car 👍

Thank you, she's getting there. :P

To be honest, I've not had the chance to drive it on the road at all so I have no clue how noisy it is. All my other old Toyoas squeak and rattle a bit, but honestly I'm probably only gonna have this for a couple years at most then she's getting stripped for parts (and I mean stripped CLEAN for parts, everything) and headed to the yard. The body is to rusty to be worth keeping, however there's plenty of good stuff left on it.

Plus I don't think I'll be dailying it, I'd like to drive it quite a bit but really comfort isn't one of my priorities. :lol:

Alright so been a while since I've posted, and if this crashes again halfway through posting this long and complex damn story im gonna kill myself!

So she's almost driveable now, got the exhaust and the parking brake cables on. Other than that, gotta put the sunroof on, bleed the brakes, and put the interior together along with some other small things and she should hopefully hit the road! :D

Charged up the battery, and shockingly it actually held a charge!
image.jpg

Also spray painted this black so it'd blend in with the carpets
image.jpg

After work one day I stayed after for a while just to clean the interior with a rag and some soapy water. Even cleaned the body itself because it was so damn dirty. Looks good.
image.jpg

Miata enjoying the sunset. Isn't mine, unfortunately, is my dads. Has a new exhaust. It's loud. Quite loud.
image.jpg

Tightened up the alternator belt, didn't realize the coolant overflow reservoir just slid out. Made it a hell of a lot easier.
image.jpg

Dat 4AGE
image.jpg

And then bondo for the interior, yaaaaaaaay
image.jpg

Cut out the fiberglass and yea, pretty straight forward. Had to cut out pieces for the front drivers side floor
image.jpg

The rear on the drivers side
image.jpg

Rear in the passenger side
image.jpg

And the firewall
image.jpg

So then yea I'm sure most of you guys know how this works
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Started on the parking brake cable, but realized I'd have to use a different lift as I couldn't access what I needed to on the one it was on. So would has to wait for the weekend.
image.jpg

So weekend, came in, changed my Celicas oil and then removed the clips that held the heat shield on because bored. I think that left front tires is STILL LEAKING a very tiny bit. :grumpy:

Went to take apart the hinges for the MR2 sunroof
image.jpg

One came apart
image.jpg

But of course the other broke
image.jpg

So then on to the cable. Had to remove this plastic crap first.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I hate plastic crap
image.jpg

After I was done and went to put it back on, it wouldn't go back on so I just said screw it and left it off. Dooooooooon't care.
image.jpg

Then looked for the cables, as we thought my dad kept the ones from his old MR2. There's two brand new unopened ones in the trunk, but the problem with that is its an obsolete part, so you can't get them from Toyota anymore, and we really didn't wanna use these cables on it. But unfortunately had to. I searched for over an hour, and while I found a Nissan Pulsar NX owners manual for some reason, I didn't find any cables.

Cable has several of these things holding it on
image.jpg

image.jpg

Another here
image.jpg

And these damn bolts kept getting stuck in the socket, so eeeeeeevery time I took one off I had to take the socket off, get a punch, walk over to the vice grip, and hammer them out. Bastards.
image.jpg

Last one
image.jpg

Oh and sometime here my friend convinced me to take the Miata down to Wawa. No we didn't joyride it, my dad specifically put it on normal insurance so I can drive it if I want to. And I do. And yes it's loud.

Anyway, the biggest pain in the ass is towards the end of the cable, where there's a little plastic that looks like a bead which has a groove in it. It slides through a piece of metal where at the end, it lifts up, slides forward, and then slides down to lock in place. And it was a BITCH to get that into place, there's no way to grab it by hand so you have to try and work it with screwdrivers. After lots of swearing and working it every which way, I finally got it. I triumphantly start putting the hanger things on and realize... I have the wrong cable. The hangers are facing the opposite way.

So after nearly dying, I realize I can just slide them off the end and flip them around luckily. Crisis averted. And it works!
image.jpg

The old cable
image.jpg

Next up, the exhaust. So this was a bitch as well, but not until later. To start I just had to find some bolts and nuts to get everything bolted together, and out the gaskets on and whatnot.
image.jpg

The pain in the ass was trying to get the hangers on. Only two of the hangers that were attacthed to th exhaust would fit, while there's 3 hangers in total. However, there's a piece of rubber on one end of the exhaust which has a bunch of holes in it, so I ended up just running a bolt through one of the holes and bolting it onto where the hangers would. Crude but hey, it works.
image.jpg

Started it up and checked for leaks and there is a slight leak here where the gasket is. I'm assuming I've just gotta adjust it or something. Hopefully it's not because the metal is so screwed up from heating it up with the torch.
image.jpg

And an exhaust video!

So that's it for her recently, I've been sick otherwise I would've gotten some other stuff done.

Meanwhile with the bitch
image.jpg

Artistic because black and white obviously
image.jpg

She's rusting before my very eyes. It was nowhere near this bad before this winter. Now there's freaking holes in it. Gonna bondo it this spring I guess. Gives me something to do I suppose.
image.jpg

Hopefully by next post the MR2 will be on the road!

Another large post because screw your browser!

So a good deal has happened since last time!

Sometime last week I really wanted to just finish the rusty racer. All I needed was the finish putting the sunroof in, and then I could put the interior back together and be good to go. So first I had to take these hinges apart. I ended up having to grind them down so I could seperate them, to damn rusty.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Also been driving the Miata a lot. If you haven't seen it before, it's my dads. But I just drive it a good bit and love it.
image.jpg

So then next day, one guy at work have me a hand with the sunroof because he's much more skilled with stuff like that than I. So after drilling holes, had to find a way to bolt it all together..
image.jpg

After deciding on that, we instead ended up using something else, though I can't remember what exactly.

Afterwards I took some urethane and put a nice thick bead all around it and put it in place. I don't want it to function, I just don't want it to leak. So after that, put a thinner bead around the whole thing and smoothed it out with a finger. Then let it sit overnight with some weight on it.
image.jpg

And new shift boot!
image.jpg

Rust update.
image.jpg

A lot more has come off after hammering the axles out and accidentally getting it caught on my clothing while working on it...
image.jpg

image.jpg

So next day, sunroof is set! Nice and secure. Not the prettiest but hey, works!
image.jpg

So then the interior work can begin!
image.jpg

Console was a pain to get in, doesn't quite fit exactly right. Supposed to be flush with the dash but sticks up a bit in the back. Oh well. The spring is also kinda messed up.
image.jpg

Forgot what goes through here so went the JDM route obviously
image.jpg

When I was almost done I was looking at the pedals, and couldn't figure out why there's only two.. Accidentally had carpet over the gas pedal and didn't notice. :lol:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Next up was the center piece which was a pain in the ass to line up. Particularly these 3 bastards.
image.jpg

New boot!
image.jpg

Center piece in!
image.jpg

So then where the seat belt fastens into had to go in, and I realized on the drivers side, I couldn't get it in because the for the light on the dash was in the wrong hole and I couldn't bolt it on. The other one I cross threaded. :grumpy: I couldn't find any taps to rethread it, and since its just the rusty racer... I might've just forced it in with a '1/2 drive air gun.. :P

And then the back trim pieces were a real joy to get in. Accidentally forgot to plug one of the rear defroster things in... Gonna have to mess with that later.
image.jpg

Everything looked super clean though, especially after vacuuming it before putting the seats in.
image.jpg

Now with seats in, first time sitting in it being nice and clean. Feels good man.
image.jpg

Super happy how nice it came out
image.jpg

If only the rest looked this good. :P
image.jpg

And all the lights worked! Asides from that one for the turn signals there.
image.jpg

And the bitch and Roo
image.jpg

Next day, came in and bled the brakes. Fluid was absolutely gross. Bled three of them, until I went to the left rear. Couldn't bleed them. So collapsed line or seized piston, fun.

Ran it for like 1 1/2 hours as well, made sure the cooling fans worked and everything. They do! Engine is misfiring sporadically as well. But that's all I got to as of now. Will be in tomorrow, and gotta stop at the Toyota dealer to get a brake caliper bolt for the left front which is broken and a clip for the hood prop which broke.

Nice sunrise
image.jpg

So yesterday I was driving the Miata, and I gave my friend a ride and went onto a REALLY bumpy road. After several bumps, the latches for the roof unlatched on me so I had to pull over and latch it all back up. So later, I'm driving along some backroad minding my own business, when suddenly I hit a bump and SEE YA, top goes flying down. Ripped the plastic window in doing so. :grumpy:

And then I was bored so I put the stock taillights my dad got for it on. No more ricetezza lights!
image.jpg

Bitch is gonna get a nice cleaning soon now that all the bad weather is gone hopefully.
image.jpg

And today I went to look at this, 1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a 5 speed. If all goes as planned, I'm gonna buy it! :D

Will post more about it when I get it, assuming nothing goes wrong. Going to make a deposit tomorrow.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's all for now! Hopefully next time I post I'll have a bunch of nice DSLR photos of a clean bitch and 4Runner... :D

And Miata, because no more rice lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 6
That fender looks awful! More reason to go wide body (or fender flares) when you get around to fixing it. :dopey:

:lol: Yea it's not pretty.

To be honest, I have no idea what exactly I'm gonna do with that yet. Might need somebody more skilled with autobody to give me a hand with that. :P

Long time without updates!

So of course, the 4Runner! Here she is now that she's mine. This is the weekend I got it, so some changes have been made since then. First thing was to remove those stupid stickers and clean it up. Few other minor things were done.

Been loving it so far, and I'm surprised how little gas it uses. I got 20 MPGs out of it! Much better than expected.
image.jpg
image.jpg

So of course, black bitch is gone. :(

Goodbye black bitch, you've been good to me. Some last photos of it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sold it to the one guy at works girlfriend, so at least he'll probably take care of it. Before that though, put the stock 14' wheels and the factory radio back in it. I need another one some day with a 5 speed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Miatas been getting tons of use as well. I love this car to bits. Sooooooo much fun to blast around some backroads in. I need one so badly.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

New and old
image.jpg
image.jpg

Took it to a park because that's probably what 4Runner people do.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's a covered bridge which is nifty
image.jpg

Got the Supra out as well! Took it out mid April. Its nice to drive it again! And of course had to get a couple pictures.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

First wash!
image.jpg

Random place I went to with the Miata. Awesome lookout spot
image.jpg
image.jpg

So the rusty racer, practically done now! I got everything that needed doing finished since last time, I'm just waiting on an inspection and gotta get insurance!

Had to adjust the handbrake and put a new rear caliper on it, then bleed the whole brake system. Everything's working great now. So excited to drive it.
image.jpg

Even washed it, amazing what that can do. Surprisingly the paint is still pretty nice! The sunroof leaks a little bit though..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

More Miata stuff, learned how to rev match in this :P
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice little stream at this park
image.jpg

The 4Runner got a new set of wheels finally. I put them on, and was then informed I had to put different lug nuts on it from te chrome wheels because they seat differently. Luckily I didn't mess up the wheels. Looks great, though when the wheel is fully turned to the right the tire scrapes the mudflap.

Also ziptied the fire extinguisher up to the roll bar in the back. Now I'm ready for offroading I guess.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nothing like cruising in an old truck on nice roads overlooking stuff
image.jpg

And finally took my Supra to Carlisle imports and kit nationals last Saturday. What an amazing turnout! Had tons of fun. Left at about 5 AM with my dad who took his Celica Alltrac and we met up with the guy from work in his Cressida.
image.jpg

Then at its peak, we had this nice little Toyota corner consisting of my Supra, the Cressida, the Alltrac Celica, an '88 Cargo Van, a MINT '83 Supra with 51K miles, an AW11 MR2 supercharged, an '85 Pickup 4x4, and an MR2 Spyder. Was really happy about that, made my day.
image.jpg

Show itself was huge, and had an amazing turnout despite the threat of rain. Full gallery below.
image.jpg
image.jpg

https://flickr.com/photos/72637915@N03/sets/72157652933182752

Last edited:
So it's been a while

So yea it's been a while since posting. Guess I'll just recap what's happened since I've been gone?

MR2 finally got finished, threw Miata wheels on it and proceeded to beat the crap out of it for a while. Then this happened one night, serpentine belt shredded which knocked a connector for the coil pack loose which caused me to stall in traffic. Fun fun
image.jpg

Sunset good times
image.jpg

Then got it running again and proceeded to beat the crap out of it
image.jpg

Took my 4Runner on a cabin trip to Promised Land state park.
image.jpg

This was a good time, the day after this photo was taken we drove pretty much all day all around the area loaded into this thing stopping at interesting spots and looking for trails to drive down. Didn't skip a beat, but I do recall leaving the oil cap off with my cut in half water bottle oil funnel sticking into the oil fill hole, luckily crushed by the hood so oil didn't fly everywhere. Fill cap stayed in place too!
image.jpg

More sunset
image.jpg

Our collection
image.jpg

Took the 4Runners top off until it was too cold to use it. Hilarious lack of rigidity when doing so, but quite fun drivin around topless!
image.jpg

Then the MR2 acted up but luckily in a cool spot
image.jpg

I like this photo in the 4Runner
image.jpg

Put the white letters out on the Supra
image.jpg

4Runner at the drive in which was a good time. Headed there the battery light came on though, checked under the hood and the belt was loose as all hell. So limped it home and tightened it up the next day or so, the bolt that kept the tension somehow came loose
image.jpg

5MGE cousins
image.jpg

Not my car but planned to come to this spot in my 4Runner. Of course not much later they put a huge rock in front of the entrance.. Pricks. Went up one night though to the top of the hill, awesome hang out spot.
image.jpg

With the old mans Alltrac at Cars and Coffee
image.jpg

Then a new car arrived, I purchased a 1990 Celica GT-S 5 speed. It had 230K when I got it, and needed a battery, wheel bearing, two tires, front brake pads, a battery tie down, an alignment, and other minor things. It pisses oil out and still does. I'll get to that later. Very clean interior for 230k though, and runs great otherwise! Fun to drive as well. Also, 2nd and 3rd gear syncros are shot but that's a common problem and after a while you learn to work around it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Mostly cosmetic crap to do
image.jpg

Valve cover gasket was shot, again I'll cd back to this. Recently performed even more work.
image.jpg

Festive
image.jpg

So the MR2 started giving me cooling issues late last year. I started to try and figure out why, however it was at that point I said screw it, I'm done messing with it and started stripping it for parts. I drove this thing for several months religiously and had an absolute blast beating the hell out of the poor thing but it's finally time to be put to rest. It's currently out back at work with the interior and most trim stripped off of it, however the engine/trans and a lot of other stuff needs to be stripped off yet which I'd like to do soon.

Rip rusty racer, you will be missed. I crave another one albeit in much nicer shape this time.
image.jpg

So then this opportunity presented itself and I jumped on this deal. Next car purchase was this 1996 Geo Prizm LSi I bought from a customer after it failed inspection for $200. This car only has 80k miles on it, not a spot of rust, and is in incredible condition all things considered. It needed a battery, a flex pipe, a serpentine belt, and I changed the oil and trans fluid. That's it, for $200. I've been using it as a daily for a few months but I'm gonna sell it right after I fix some things. Exhaust needs to be patched a tiny bit where we had to heat the bolts up to remove them and my friend broke my damn passenger side window crank.
image.jpg

It doesn't drive bad, but it's pretty boring. Very beige, literally. In corners the body roll is major and the mudflaps scrape on the ground if you're cornering hard enough. It gets great gas mileage which is nice for a daily, but it only has a 3 speed auto which is SCREAMING when on the highway. I can only imagine the mileage from a 5 speed.
image.jpg

image.jpg

After cleaning it up
image.jpg

Rally champs
image.jpg

Another damn sunset
image.jpg

Then my friend bought an identical Celica to mine, his being a 1990 GT-S 5 speed as well. Weirdly though, his is a stripper model which I've never seen on a GT-S. No ABS, crank windows, cloth interior, and no rear windshield wiper.
image.jpg

So now we can both cruise Celicas together which is fun.
image.jpg

I also purchased this, another one from a customer, a 1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 5 speed. I inspected it the one day and noticed how clean the frame and everything else was, and then afterwards I took it around the block to see how it drove as I've always wanted to drive one. I loved the way it drove, which is funny because had I not taken it for a drive around the block I doubt I would've bought it as they have problematic engines. Nice beater truck for the winter and other activities. Needs nothing but a good cleaning and I'll probably get some bigger tires by the end of the year.
image.jpg

My dad wanted to test the 4WD
image.jpg

New wheels for the Celica! Knock offs life! My dad had these for years, he put these on both of his 5th gen Celicas he owned when I was a kid (a grey GT and a teal GT-S), and he had them on a rack in the back room and let me use them. I'm more interested in the tires, it's a Sumitomo performance tire which works WONDERS on this car! Way more grippy with these on it.
image.jpg

Took the side steps off immediately on my truck of course. Asides from the bigger tires, I'd also like to get an old school Toyota script badge like from an old Land Cruiser and replace the Toyota emblem on the grille.
image.jpg

So the Celica I mentioned needing work. It PISSES oil out, to the point where I'm adding 1 quart for every 50 miles driven. So I replaced a few things, the valve cover gasket and the distributor o-ring, and it still leaks just as bad. So next up which I was hoping I could avoid, cam and crank seals which are notorious on these 2.2s for leaking. Fun

While I had the distributor out I replaced the rotor and the cap and the plugs and wires, also cleaned the throttle body which was filthy. I've been constantly tinkering with cosmetic stuff trying to straighten it out and it's finally at a pretty nice driver point. Need some liftback struts, friend got some from a yard but they're for a non spoiler car which don't work. I've been enjoying this car a lot lately, it's beat up enough that I don't mind if it gets dinged or dented yet it's still tons of fun to drive. Plus it's not nice enough or rare enough I don't mind modifying it. I only have a small list to start after I replace those seals and it doesn't piss oil out.

The list so far is rally Armour mudflaps because duh, steel braided brake lines, and possibly euro/jdm spec clear turn signal lights. My dad has a bunch of stuff from his old Celicas I'm going to throw on including a muffler and some adjustable sway bars. Resealing is the priority though, and everything else needs something so I don't know when I'll get this completed, kind of aiming to do this one first. Also, needs a buff.
image.jpg

Had the collection out the other day!
image.jpg

Last update, me and a friend went halfsies on this Celica parts car. $100 includes a ton of good interior and exterior trim plus a solid engine sans trans. Gonna strip it down and scrap the shell.
image.jpg

Truck went to work pulling it out!
image.jpg

Well, I just have to come in here, this garage's owner is a great friend, so I bet he'll be a great host. He also has a metric ton of brochures, so you know he's a cool guy.

Although I do have to question your sanity... No, I'm not questioning all your Toyota purchases, those were mostly good ideas (sad to hear that you let ye ol'Curren go though, she was a handsome gal :(). I will question your purchase of a Geo, however. It's no Metro, yes, but a Geo? That ain't even exciting man, plump a late-gen Sprinter Trueno' Black-Top engine in there! :P :lol:

Well it is quite the cheap runner, I'll give it that. You wouldn't find something quite so "pristine" for that price in Portugal, I'll say that much.

Either way, hope your car life goes well, I can see why you have been so busy. Being a multi-Toyota is hard work, yo. :lol: 👍

Well, I just have to come in here, this garage's owner is a great friend, so I bet he'll be a great host. He also has a metric ton of brochures, so you know he's a cool guy.

Although I do have to question your sanity... No, I'm not questioning all your Toyota purchases, those were mostly good ideas (sad to hear that you let ye ol'Curren go though, she was a handsome gal :(). I will question your purchase of a Geo, however. It's no Metro, yes, but a Geo? That ain't even exciting man, plump a late-gen Sprinter Trueno' Black-Top engine in there! :P :lol:

Well it is quite the cheap runner, I'll give it that. You wouldn't find something quite so "pristine" for that price in Portugal, I'll say that much.

Either way, hope your car life goes well, I can see why you have been so busy. Being a multi-Toyota is hard work, yo. :lol: 👍

You're too kind. :P No new brochures lately though.

Kind of upset I let that Celica go, at the time I didn't think I could afford to keep it since I was still in school working barely any hours. But the Geo would be awesome with a 4AGE, but unfortunately it's only a 4AFE.

Main reason I bought it is just to sell it though, for $200 you're not gonna be loosing any money on that deal. It's been a nice little commuter car for me as well, so it served its purpose. Getting ready to sell it, would like for it to fund another rifle. :P

So many pics hidden :D :lol:

Maybe he's a fan of good picture organisation, no? Because otherwise, sadly, using them spoiler tags doesn't do much good in terms of loading times... :lol:

You're too kind. :P No new brochures lately though.

Kind of upset I let that Celica go, at the time I didn't think I could afford to keep it since I was still in school working barely any hours. But the Geo would be awesome with a 4AGE, but unfortunately it's only a 4AFE.

Main reason I bought it is just to sell it though, for $200 you're not gonna be loosing any money on that deal. It's been a nice little commuter car for me as well, so it served its purpose. Getting ready to sell it, would like for it to fund another rifle. :P

What can I say, being GTP's friendliest person has its perks... :sly: Also, darn, but at least I have plenty of material to keep myself busy with reading while waiting for more, haha.

Oh well, there was only so much you could do with Bitchurren (word-that-starts-with-a-b plus Curren, haha) while trying to save that money pit known as your old AW11. Plus you had that school thing, which clearly didn't help.

As for the Geo, at least it'll provide you with some good rifle ammunition (where does your love of rifles come from?), so there's that. And yet I still think it'd haul some serious arse if one got his hands on an AE-111 Sprinter Trueno engine...

Damm it, I love American sedans too much. :lol:

Nice GEO. I mean Corolla :lol:. Looks like a Corolla crossed with a Camry of the same era.

That is a lot of Toyotas sitting there. Reminds me of my family and my mates family. All Toyotas but the cool thing was pretty much all if them were built in New Zealand except the ones after 1991. No where near as many as what is there but we still had a few.

For some reason I thought you only owned the MR2 and the Celica Supra. This is an insane collection. In a good way, of course.

I even quite like the Geo. I've never owned anything truly bland before, but I have a weird love of cars designed to provide nothing more than completely reliable and inoffensive transport. I think it's borne from owning cars that require some kind of compromise in terms of ownership - poor ride quality, rattles, noise, expensive parts etc.

So many pics hidden :D :lol:

Why can I say, I like taking pictures. :P

That's actually the condensed version. :lol:

Maybe he's a fan of good picture organisation, no? Because otherwise, sadly, using them spoiler tags doesn't do much good in terms of loading times... :lol:

What can I say, being GTP's friendliest person has its perks... :sly: Also, darn, but at least I have plenty of material to keep myself busy with reading while waiting for more, haha.

Oh well, there was only so much you could do with Bitchurren (word-that-starts-with-a-b plus Curren, haha) while trying to save that money pit known as your old AW11. Plus you had that school thing, which clearly didn't help.

As for the Geo, at least it'll provide you with some good rifle ammunition (where does your love of rifles come from?), so there's that. And yet I still think it'd haul some serious arse if one got his hands on an AE-111 Sprinter Trueno engine...

Damm it, I love American sedans too much. :lol:

The main thing that sucked about the Celica was that it was automatic. It was fun to drive still, but would've been fantastic with a 5 speed. And the MR2 was just.. Yea a money pit haha. An enjoyable money pit though! I miss having a beat to hell car that you can just constantly take out and romp on constantly. I also miss the crackling and backfire when I accidentally left the oxygen sensor out of it the one time and took it for a super long drive. Every time you'd wind it up to about 5 grand and let off it would crackle like all hell and if you banged it into gear it sounded like a gun shot. :lol:

Actually hopefully a whole new rifle! Been eyeing up an SKS.. But I used to be into the military stuff as a kid and several months ago I realized I'm finally old enough to own a rifle so I went out and bought one. Then I went and fired it and I've been hooked.

Also interestingly, they did make a Geo Prizm with a 4AGE in the states, it was called a Prizm GSi. I've never seen one but apparently my dad was looking at one at one time. It'd be neat to own one as that's probably my favorite engine and I'd love to own one of every configuration that they came in, although FR is gonna be kind of hard considering how much and how rare stock AE86 Corolla GT-S' cost now...

Your 4Runner has the inclinometer/altimeter!

Sure does! One of my favorite pieces about the old Land Cruisers/4Runners/Trucks. Unfortunately has a chunk taken out of it somehow by the previous owner and one of the readings doesn't work, but hey it looks cool.

My dad owns a 4Runner he uses to plow which also has it in better shape, however of course it's a different color from mine.

Nice GEO. I mean Corolla :lol:. Looks like a Corolla crossed with a Camry of the same era.

That is a lot of Toyotas sitting there. Reminds me of my family and my mates family. All Toyotas but the cool thing was pretty much all if them were built in New Zealand except the ones after 1991. No where near as many as what is there but we still had a few.

I can defenitely see some 3rd gen Camry in it.

We must be their U.S. counterparts! Any photos by chance?

For some reason I thought you only owned the MR2 and the Celica Supra. This is an insane collection. In a good way, of course.

I even quite like the Geo. I've never owned anything truly bland before, but I have a weird love of cars designed to provide nothing more than completely reliable and inoffensive transport. I think it's borne from owning cars that require some kind of compromise in terms of ownership - poor ride quality, rattles, noise, expensive parts etc.

Thanks! To be fair, most of these were fairly new purchases.

I completely get what you mean, it's almost a little charming driving something so barebones and basic. Crank windows, 3 speed automatic, no CD player, but it does have AC.. Basically everything you'd really need in a little commuter car, plus the beige helps you blend into traffic. Of course it's a bit of a tin can and wind noise is very high and it's slower than hell, but that doesn't bother me. I daily drove the Supra last year and it was much more enjoyable, but it's also pretty tiring after a while.

Quote fail
QUOTE="ilikewaffles11, post: 11405576, member: 189368"]

/QUOTE

Not grouped together but I can list the cars we had/have.

My family
1986 KP61 Starlet. Now a rally car with an SR20DE in it.
Early 80s TT130 Corona wagon in brown.
1990 EE90 Corolla sedan
1990 SW20 MR2
2000 AE111 Corolla wagon
1984 TT140 Corona sedan

We still have 3 of them.

Mates family
1984 KE70 Corolla
1989 HDJ81 Landcruiser. 12th chassis built, possibly a support car for the Paris Dakar rally as it has reminisce of floor plates for a bolt in roll cage and dirt that came with it seemed African.
1998 AE111 Corolla wagon
2000 AE111 Corolla wagon. Same as ours.
2001 Caldina GT
They still have 3 of them too.

Not as many as I thought but when some were parked up at my place it looked like a Toyota Museum. Not all the cars in the list were own at the same time.

The main thing that sucked about the Celica was that it was automatic. It was fun to drive still, but would've been fantastic with a 5 speed. And the MR2 was just.. Yea a money pit haha. An enjoyable money pit though! I miss having a beat to hell car that you can just constantly take out and romp on constantly. I also miss the crackling and backfire when I accidentally left the oxygen sensor out of it the one time and took it for a super long drive. Every time you'd wind it up to about 5 grand and let off it would crackle like all hell and if you banged it into gear it sounded like a gun shot. :lol:

Well of course, a coupe Celica isn't quite complete with a proper shifting stick, that's how you get entertainment from most JDM cars. Shame you didn't get that chance with the Bitchurren, but maybe one day you might... After all, Toyotas go and come back to your and your father's hands, haha!
Also, yes, that MR2 was just a basket case, plain and simple. Fun to beat around, but not quite anyone's dream AW11... unless you wanted to make a rat rod out of it. :lol: I will admit though, that oxygen sensor story did make me chuckle, I bet it was like having exhaust backfire minus the fire part...

Actually hopefully a whole new rifle! Been eyeing up an SKS.. But I used to be into the military stuff as a kid and several months ago I realized I'm finally old enough to own a rifle so I went out and bought one. Then I went and fired it and I've been hooked.

So that's what it is... Interesting, never really pegged you as a gun guy (not an insult mind you, just thought you were more of a Toyota nut). But hey, if you're old enough to fire one without getting someone injured by accident, then it's an hobby worth following, right?

Also interestingly, they did make a Geo Prizm with a 4AGE in the states, it was called a Prizm GSi. I've never seen one but apparently my dad was looking at one at one time. It'd be neat to own one as that's probably my favorite engine and I'd love to own one of every configuration that they came in, although FR is gonna be kind of hard considering how much and how rare stock AE86 Corolla GT-S' cost now...

Well bust me bridges, ain't that cool? Never thought you could get a Geo with a proper sporty AGE block, it's no 20-valve Black Top but it's no snail engine either. No wonder your dad wanted one in the past, it's like having a 4-door AE111 Sprinter Trueno minus the 20 valves... And since the Prizm was more or less an eco-friendly, family sedan, I'm sure many still knock around as opposed to the 'Rolla, a car which has probably been tuned to hell and back.

Oh, and one last word before I go; I got me some new car brochures as well, very recently... Can I expect you to answer with some thoughts about those with some degree of haste? :sly:

Quote fail
QUOTE="ilikewaffles11, post: 11405576, member: 189368"]

/QUOTE

Not grouped together but I can list the cars we had/have.

My family
1986 KP61 Starlet. Now a rally car with an SR20DE in it.
Early 80s TT130 Corona wagon in brown.
1990 EE90 Corolla sedan
1990 SW20 MR2
2000 AE111 Corolla wagon
1984 TT140 Corona sedan

We still have 3 of them.

Mates family
1984 KE70 Corolla
1989 HDJ81 Landcruiser. 12th chassis built, possibly a support car for the Paris Dakar rally as it has reminisce of floor plates for a bolt in roll cage and dirt that came with it seemed African.
1998 AE111 Corolla wagon
2000 AE111 Corolla wagon. Same as ours.
2001 Caldina GT
They still have 3 of them too.

Not as many as I thought but when some were parked up at my place it looked like a Toyota Museum. Not all the cars in the list were own at the same time.

Nice, lots of good stuff there! The Land Cruiser, MR2, Coronas, old Corollas.. Can't go wrong with any of that.

It'd take me a while to make a list of everything my dad's owned over the years.

Well of course, a coupe Celica isn't quite complete with a proper shifting stick, that's how you get entertainment from most JDM cars. Shame you didn't get that chance with the Bitchurren, but maybe one day you might... After all, Toyotas go and come back to your and your father's hands, haha!
Also, yes, that MR2 was just a basket case, plain and simple. Fun to beat around, but not quite anyone's dream AW11... unless you wanted to make a rat rod out of it. :lol: I will admit though, that oxygen sensor story did make me chuckle, I bet it was like having exhaust backfire minus the fire part...

So that's what it is... Interesting, never really pegged you as a gun guy (not an insult mind you, just thought you were more of a Toyota nut). But hey, if you're old enough to fire one without getting someone injured by accident, then it's an hobby worth following, right?

Well bust me bridges, ain't that cool? Never thought you could get a Geo with a proper sporty AGE block, it's no 20-valve Black Top but it's no snail engine either. No wonder your dad wanted one in the past, it's like having a 4-door AE111 Sprinter Trueno minus the 20 valves... And since the Prizm was more or less an eco-friendly, family sedan, I'm sure many still knock around as opposed to the 'Rolla, a car which has probably been tuned to hell and back.

Oh, and one last word before I go; I got me some new car brochures as well, very recently... Can I expect you to answer with some thoughts about those with some degree of haste? :sly:

Yup, planning on buying another 6th gen Celica, but for some reason now that I want one it seems like they all just disappeared overnight. There's not even one half decent GT 5 speed on Craigslist right now, they're all either an ST, automatic, in crappy shape, or a combination of the three.

Yup, I'm always really careful when shooting, so it's a good time. :P

I doubt many people opted for a GSi, but they exist. You could get it in sedan or hatchback form as well.

Sure can! I just won a couple on eBay last night I'll send whenever I get them.

Yup, planning on buying another 6th gen Celica, but for some reason now that I want one it seems like they all just disappeared overnight. There's not even one half decent GT 5 speed on Craigslist right now, they're all either an ST, automatic, in crappy shape, or a combination of the three.

Yup, I'm always really careful when shooting, so it's a good time. :P

I doubt many people opted for a GSi, but they exist. You could get it in sedan or hatchback form as well.

Sure can! I just won a couple on eBay last night I'll send whenever I get them.

It seems that people are getting wind of the rarity of stock 6th gens, so perhaps now it's the right time to find one yourself. And perhaps you should ask dad to do the same... Looks like GT-Fours aren't the only kind of modern Celica that's becoming scarce.

Good to hear, safety comes always first, especially when you're handling WW2 rifles. :P :lol:

Well isn't that nifty too, I like it when hot models cover more than just the hatchback shape because hot hatch categories. Although it seems that not many felt that the sedan was worth it, from what you're saying... That's a shame, I bet it had some spring to its step.

Haha, always the busy buyer, I just tend to get them for free. :sly:
Either way, looking forward to seeing your latest purchases, I'll try to share mine when I can. 👍

It seems that people are getting wind of the rarity of stock 6th gens, so perhaps now it's the right time to find one yourself. And perhaps you should ask dad to do the same... Looks like GT-Fours aren't the only kind of modern Celica that's becoming scarce.

Good to hear, safety comes always first, especially when you're handling WW2 rifles. :P :lol:

Well isn't that nifty too, I like it when hot models cover more than just the hatchback shape because hot hatch categories. Although it seems that not many felt that the sedan was worth it, from what you're saying... That's a shame, I bet it had some spring to its step.

Haha, always the busy buyer, I just tend to get them for free. :sly:
Either way, looking forward to seeing your latest purchases, I'll try to share mine when I can. 👍

Seems that way, although I do see nice ones around. I'm always on the look out for something new, so we'll see what I can find.

Yup, although to be fair, there were sportier FWD 4AGE powered cars at the time which would be more fun, so I can see why not many people got the Geo. I mean Toyota had the AE92 Corolla GT-S and the FX16 GT-S which would probably be much nicer to drive, plus you had the option of the Nova Twin Cam to rival the Geo if that's more your thing. All this talk of 4AGEs makes me want an AW11 MR2 even more... :P

Seems that way, although I do see nice ones around. I'm always on the look out for something new, so we'll see what I can find.

Yup, although to be fair, there were sportier FWD 4AGE powered cars at the time which would be more fun, so I can see why not many people got the Geo. I mean Toyota had the AE92 Corolla GT-S and the FX16 GT-S which would probably be much nicer to drive, plus you had the option of the Nova Twin Cam to rival the Geo if that's more your thing. All this talk of 4AGEs makes me want an AW11 MR2 even more... :P

Well, be sure to keep us updated then, you never know what tomorrow might bring... You shall be the finest Celica hunter in all of GTP! :D

Well of course, problem is that most of those sporty cars are either JDM exclusive or have been tuned to oblivion and are scarce in terms of stock examples. The 'Rollas must be near the end of the latter spectrum, I suspect. Also, this may be shocking, but I actually had no idea that a Twin Cam Nova existed, I barely knew that the car was still relevant in the '80s! The more you know... I just have a special place in my car-loving heart for sedans like those; things like a Dodge Shadow or the Nove are right up my alley, haha. :lol:

Well, be sure to keep us updated then, you never know what tomorrow might bring... You shall be the finest Celica hunter in all of GTP! :D

Well of course, problem is that most of those sporty cars are either JDM exclusive or have been tuned to oblivion and are scarce in terms of stock examples. The 'Rollas must be near the end of the latter spectrum, I suspect. Also, this may be shocking, but I actually had no idea that a Twin Cam Nova existed, I barely knew that the car was still relevant in the '80s! The more you know... I just have a special place in my car-loving heart for sedans like those; things like a Dodge Shadow or the Nove are right up my alley, haha. :lol:

I certainly try! I really want a 4th gen GT-S but there's absolutely none for sale at the moment.. And Alltrac turbo would be awesome too. I'd love to own one of every Celica generation.

Yup, good luck finding a stock AE86, and even crappy examples people are asking 4-5K for.. The Nova Twin Cam was just a Corolla though, with a Chevy badge. The normal model had a carbed 4 cylinder I believe, but the Twin Cam had a 4AGE!

Back