I'm thinking about standard cars in GT7

• Thread starter Illogical
  • 521 comments
What you said made no sense, and neither does any of that.
you understand english and can read and write. And your claims are of course with all 2 million fans behind you and agree with you?
Start reading this post and you will notice that all you say is: Premiums only because it is ps4.
Standards are worthless because they look uggly.
Sorry but there are players like me that dont care, they have looked the same all theese years and we play them anyway. There are bigger issues for PD to take care of than standards. If they dont do any harm and make alot happy then what is your problem with that?

i would like to have standards in gt7 coz from the look of things PD arent interested in doing the SUPRA PREMIUM !! who doesnt love supra come on ?

you understand english and can read and write. And your claims are of course with all 2 million fans behind you and agree with you?
Start reading this post and you will notice that all you say is: Premiums only because it is ps4.
Standards are worthless because they look uggly.
Sorry but there are players like me that dont care, they have looked the same all theese years and we play them anyway. There are bigger issues for PD to take care of than standards. If they dont do any harm and make alot happy then what is your problem with that?

No, that was not my claim at all. You are the one who said

"If people feel GT6 was best on PS3 with all cars in it then why not on PS4?"

"many seem not to care what it looks like"

I then asked you to give me some evidence of that in admittedly a sarcastic manner. I used the 2 million number as that is roughly how many people bought GT6. It could be 4 million, it doesn't really matter. The point was you can't use those sales as proof people don't care about the standards. It's just a theory, they could just ignore them or tolerate them for all you know. You could however theorise the reason so many people that bought GT5 didn't buy GT6 is because they didn't like them. Again though it's not proof, it's just a theory.

In short, all I was saying is anything that happened with PS3 provides no evidence people would be happy with standards on PS4, which is what the topic is about.

PS I find it hilarious you pushed about 4k resolution in other threads but are happy for low resolution, standard cars to be in the game.

No, that was not my claim at all. You are the one who said

"If people feel GT6 was best on PS3 with all cars in it then why not on PS4?"

"many seem not to care what it looks like"

I then asked you to give me some evidence of that in admittedly a sarcastic manner. I used the 2 million number as that is roughly how many people bought GT6. It could be 4 million, it doesn't really matter. The point was you can't use those sales as proof people don't care about the standards. It's just a theory, they could just ignore them or tolerate them for all you know. You could however theorise the reason so many people that bought GT5 didn't buy GT6 is because they didn't like them. Again though it's not proof, it's just a theory.

In short, all I was saying is anything that happened with PS3 provides no evidence people would be happy with standards on PS4, which is what the topic is about.

PS I find it hilarious you pushed about 4k resolution in other threads but are happy for low resolution, standard cars to be in the game.

You started with numbers, i can easy quote you and ask you the same about claims you make. And
i can only make assumptions as you can regarding what can and cannot be done and what all in the whole world that have a GT game wants or not.
So i assume that if people like gt3-6 and the standards are in there then people dont mind about them.
And i normally dont read complaint s about them. But! I do understand ,and i also want, that there needs to be something new on the ps4 and that premiums are the best and let them grow in all years to come.
4k is one thing (still nothing to do with standards) new physics, sound, damagemodel, online...you understand the list can be long.
But all that still has nothing to do with standards. If anything then
it is that you are ashamed of having them on the ps4 and people might laugh if they thought that öis ps4 graphics. That is what i can read is what scares you.
I actually will love showing and comparing standards vs premiums.
Show my kid what cars looked like in the good old GT days but sounded like vaccuumscleaners and not this real (i hope sound is really good in gt7).

EDIT: I assume though that PD dont lie about it. If they say 500premiums and 600 standard then all is fine.(numbers just example)

Last edited:
Stardand cars looks orrible compared to premium

gemasolar_9jzyrp.gif

gemasolar_10tpyli.gif

You started with numbers, i can easy quote you and ask you the same about claims you make.

Feel free.

So i assume that if people like gt3-6 and the standards are in there then people dont mind about them.

That's some crazy ass logic right there. They liked them in GT3 and GT4 because they were current gen technology. Some people did mind them in 5 and 6, some didn't and unless you do have the numbers you don't know which way that balances, neither do I. I bought GT5 but I didn't like the idea of standard cars at all. I didn't buy GT6, I was gifted it. So you can't just say that because people bough those games they won't mind them in future games. If that logic worked we'd still have GT7 looking identical to GT1, because heck people didn't mind the graphics to buy that game. Time moves on, and so PD need to as well.

4k is one thing (still nothing to do with standards)

The contradiction is that you're clamouring for high resolution visuals, obviously because you think they'll look better, but you're also perfectly happy with low resolution, low poly standard models. How do you think they'll look at 4k exactly?

it is that you are ashamed of having them on the ps4 and people might laugh if they thought that öis ps4 graphics. That is what i can read is what scares you.

No what scares me is that PD would even think about doing it. When I play a game I don't need the best graphics in the world but they need to be consistent, otherwise it's very jarring and off putting.

I actually will love showing and comparing standards vs premiums.
Show my kid what cars looked like in the good old GT days but sounded like vaccuumscleaners and not this real (i hope sound is really good in gt7).

Both don't need to be in GT7 for you to do that. Just put the older games on, or put a video on to show them.

EDIT: I assume though that PD dont lie about it. If they say 500premiums and 600 standard then all is fine.

I don't know what you're trying to say here but they purposely hid standard cars in GT6, removing the name and way of listing them.

I don't know what you're trying to say here but they purposely hid standard cars in GT6, removing the name and way of listing them.

Adding to this point. PD also replaced many of the standard MX5/Miata bodies with the ones of the premium models to hide that they were standards and to cover this up they added a feature where repainting added a little unique livery to them. I'm sure this is just a gimic to get people to use them once they found out they were standard models and not a premium like they may have thought.

Last edited:
I doubt we'll see standard cars on PS4, it's possible but very unlikely since it would make PD look very lazy and way behind everyone else in terms of overall game quality.

We won't know until we have GT7, interviews with PD will tells us something like "we look forward to share more information soon" and "soon" will be when the game is released.

this discussion is going around in circles.

Forzavista is a menu based area where the cars are modelled to showcase as menu vehicles with the conditions created for that area. The GT photomode is the exact same car as you get on track when playing the game and so is the lighting model involved with the photomode. It's why photos took on track look the same as those taken in the photomode.
There is no way that GT uses models with a 400-500k polygon count during gameplay on PS3. Those models are only for photomode and photo travel. As far as i know.

Last edited:
Talk about getting a little out of hand, I love having standard cars in GT6 because I had them in Gt5 and no way would I accept losing them to appease the visually stuck up who complain about dragging visuals down...utter nonsense and more like a personal problem if I must say.

But GT7, yea standard cars will not make it to that, simply because of the very large gap in visual fidelity they will have. Standard cars were built with 4k polys, which is definitely not enough for GT6. In fact some of the standard cars look worlds different because some are actual premium swaps such as the Aston Martin DB9 '03. Then there are the other's which were basically quickly redone models using the in house models and data from GT4(which is old and do not have the sufficient enough data like cars recorded for GT5 and GT6). I think there is a list on this site as to the number of premium cars specifically built for GT 5 and beyond, so by the time GT7 rolls around there should be all the premium cars from GT5 and GT6 that are cleared by license and barring any unforseen issues GT7 should come out of the gate with at least 650 cars of identical quality. It may be a shy less than the 1200 cars but, it's not really a big issue as PD can add the history significant cars later on as historic addons and such. I really don't want to lose anything because in GT land when something disappears, it never returns. There are cars from GT1-4 that slowly made their exit never to be seen ever again.

Note, looking at those photos you can see that PD modeling is second to none, Forza 5 does have the edge in visual pretty such as the spectacular reflections although a bit over the top, but it motion is squashes GT6. I have no doubt that GT7 will be another visual feast, I just hope they took cues from Project Cars and make the rain, track, car all look convincing. OMG Project Cars at full tilt is mouth watering and the sounds cause you to have dreams, it's that good looking and sounding.

GT7 will probably have only "Premium" cars, most of the time the odd numbered GTs have little content so it makes sense to remove all the standards in the next installment.

GT7 should come out of the gate with at least 650 cars of identical quality
I've seen the 650 number or numbers close to it tossed around a bit as the car count for GT7 but I think that's a little optimistic. We got around 100 new unique cars for GT6 after only 3 years to go with the 220 + DLC (30?) for GT5. That's about 350. There's no way they'll model 300 unique cars in the year or two between GT6 and GT7.

In terms of unique cars (Base models aren't unique cars although they are a welcome addition) I'd say GT7 will be 450-500 at best depending on release date.

What would you do it they would release GT7 with no standards cars, and then released free DLC with cars that wre not upgraded to premiums. Free DLC so you can't complain, right?

This is how I see standards in GT6 right now...

What would you do it they would release GT7 with no standards cars, and then released free DLC with cars that wre not upgraded to premiums. Free DLC so you can't complain, right?

That is a great idea!! 👍
We all should be more constructive rather than just spit on everything. I would download it the same day!

6pnms4.png

I liked the RX-7 GT Turbo in GT2. PD therefore should copy some PS1 era models over to GT7.

No matter how you do it, you are still introducing an extreme graphical inconsistency into the game. For many people even having that option, similar to hearing 'just ignore it' in GT5 & 6, diminishes the game's quality.

Last edited:
I want the car count to drop if it means getting rid of needless PS2 model cars. I can't understand why they haven't just replaced all of the standard Skylines with a few distinct premium ones, considering how much they love them.

I doubt we'll see standard cars on PS4, it's possible but very unlikely since it would make PD look very lazy and way behind everyone else in terms of overall game quality.
It hasn't bothered them in the past why is it any different now?

I want the car count to drop if it means getting rid of needless PS2 model cars. I can't understand why they haven't just replaced all of the standard Skylines with a few distinct premium ones, considering how much they love them.
Quantity my friend. PD loves quantity. :\

It hasn't bothered them in the past why is it any different now?
This is how I feel too.

What bothers me is the material rendering. Some cars look absolutely stunning and others look not so good. The breaks on this car for example are not only not detailed enough, but look like plastic, too. Can PD improve those materials easily or does it take a huge effort to bring them to this - a next gen - level?

Last edited:
Yes, in GT6. On the PS3. I'm pretty sure a similar poll for PS4 wouldn't go the same way. By the way I'm glad you'll be happy that the franchise you love and defend so dearly will once again be industry leaders in using old assets from two generations ago. Something to be proud of, that one.
Well, dig this. The PS4 isn't going to be any more visually revealing than PS3. The HD Age arrived back in 2005-6.

You guys telling me I can't have something makes me discontent. ;)

Now, PD will do whatever PD do. If they come up with a solid Race Mod and Livery Editor, not to mention a reasonably good damage build, that will most likely make Standard cars unworkable. Unless they do some very clever work to make them functionally the same and visually appealing.

Hopefully there will be a good roster of cars, because most of the cars I like are those "white soulless boxes." Seem to have plenty of soul to me. :D

I hope PD would look into the option of at least providing semi-premiums from the likes of AMG VGT (premium exterior/no interior). Not having to model the interior can save a lot of time. I don't mind sacrificing interiors to have more cars to drive. The game NFS rivals don't even have interiors, so not having them for next gen shouldn't be too big of a problem imo. They might be teased and made fun of from hardcore fans of other racing games, but to have more cars, I'd have the last laugh lol.

Some standards actually look good, but I'd have to agree that most of them wouldn't look right for next gen, but that's something of common sense and something we wouldn't have to worry about I don't think. PD does care about graphics and the difference would be too big. We have standards in GT6 because it's tolerable, and the evidence on that is because there's people like me who don't mind the graphical difference, especially with some of them. I don't think said things can be the same if some updated PS2 cars appear in a PS4 game.

I hope PD would look into the option of at least providing semi-premiums from the likes of AMG VGT (premium exterior/no interior). Not having to model the interior can save a lot of time. I don't mind sacrificing interiors to have more cars to drive. The game NFS rivals don't even have interiors, so not having them for next gen shouldn't be too big of a problem imo. They might be teased and made fun of from hardcore fans of other racing games, but to have more cars, I'd have the last laugh lol.

NFS Rivals is not a simulator. It's an arcade racer. There's a difference.

And claiming to be a simulator but not modeling interiors would be a big mistake.

Now, PD will do whatever PD do. If they come up with a solid Race Mod and Livery Editor, not to mention a reasonably good damage build, that will most likely make Standard cars unworkable. Unless they do some very clever work to make them functionally the same and visually appealing.
Race Mod, Livery Editor, Damage, would in no way be an impediment to PD including standards in GT7. There's no requirement to making them functionally the same or visually appealing.

Say what now?
english, stop playing stupid. Either you understand and have something to respond or you play the stupid card. I believe you are smart and can argue without playing stupid
or try making others stupid because they have other view than you. No one knows
what PD will do. This thread and all others are free to speculate. Only way i feel otherwise is if it is on GT planet first page as officiall news or prooved as fact.
Please argue as i know you can!

Back