I'm thinking about standard cars in GT7

• Thread starter Illogical
  • 521 comments
I would like to see that too. Would be an interesting to see the differences and gaps. But what about the RUF Yellowbird? Is that still classified as a standard?

Shadows and lighting can deceive the eye. As well as the point of view. A GT6 standard car would never look acceptable compared to Forza 5 car though! I mention again the RUF, looked pretty acceptable. If it counts.

In motion sure it looks acceptable but there is a great thread on here that demonstrates it still has plenty of flaws especially compared to the more premium FM version.

You have spoken utter and complete truth. ;)

I know I have or I wouldn't have said it. :sly:

Can I have a link to that thread? Very curious about that.

Go look it up in the search, it's the GT6 Standard cars good, bad and the ugly thread, it had all the RUF models from GT5 vs GT6 and though they've been revised it's obvious that it still isn't in premium realm. Anyways go search it and you'll see since I don't recall the exact page nor have the link saved.

Oh poo gas, I've been outed by LMSVette. All those pics I took were really by a six year old nephew who loves everything about GT6 because he's clinically blind.

Or maybe not. :D

Maybe you could go back to those polls which indicate that only about a third of those participating thought the Standard cars had to go, and the rest didn't mind or dare I say it, actually liked them. And it was a lot more than a few dozen voting. I'll have to say again that if GT7 has a bunch of upgraded Standards in them, one of us will be happy, and the other will be pinging his Gripe-O-Meter.

The RUF do look ok in GT6 now but they're still not comparable to the high polygon models next gen are pushing, as GT7 will be doing. Again looking at that Forza 5 screenshot, could you honestly picture any GT6 standard cars next to that and not notice the huge gulf in quality?

I just can't fathom why people can't let these old assets go. Do we still want them in a PS5 game as well, if they've not managed to make them all in higher quality by then? I get that people don't want the numbers to go do down but sometimes you just have to accept these things, for The Greater Good (The Greater Good).

Besides, they should have had plenty of time by the time FULL GT7 releases to have 400-500 PS4 quality models, which is perfectly acceptable number, assuming they pick the right cars in that number.

Oh poo gas, I've been outed by LMSVette. All those pics I took were really by a six year old nephew who loves everything about GT6 because he's clinically blind.

Maybe you could go back to those polls which indicate that only about a third of those participating thought the Standard cars had to go, and the rest didn't mind or dare I say it, actually liked them. And it was a lot more than a few dozen voting. I'll have to say again that if GT7 has a bunch of upgraded Standards in them, one of us will be happy, and the other will be pinging his Gripe-O-Meter.

Yes, in GT6. On the PS3. I'm pretty sure a similar poll for PS4 wouldn't go the same way. By the way I'm glad you'll be happy that the franchise you love and defend so dearly will once again be industry leaders in using old assets from two generations ago. Something to be proud of, that one.

The RUF do look ok in GT6 now but they're still not comparable to the high polygon models next gen are pushing, as GT7 will be doing. Again looking at that Forza 5 screenshot, could you honestly picture any GT6 standard cars next to that and not notice the huge gulf in quality?

If you're talking to me, well, I never said there wasn't. They're pretty bad in comparison.

How does the GT6 RUF not stack up though? Looks pretty good to me.

I just can't fathom why people can't let these old assets go. Do we still want them in a PS5 game as well, if they've not managed to make them all in higher quality by then? I get that people don't want the numbers to go do down but sometimes you just have to accept these things, for The Greater Good (The Greater Good).

Personally, a lot of my favorite cars are standard. Wouldn't want them removed, I could hope they (about 10-15 cars) get updated but we're talking magic when it comes to Polyphony here. I'm sure this applies to many others to.

Wasn't aware those polls were a great indication or item of any range in proving an actual argumen other than ones own bias as you've demonstrated. Also sorry to hear about the blind nephew sadly I don't have an tears or feels to give on such a matter, I guess I'm just cynical.

Just curious what do you do for a living?

Besides, they should have had plenty of time by the time FULL GT7 releases to have 400-500 PS4 quality models, which is perfectly acceptable number, assuming they pick the right cars in that number.

Yes, in GT6. On the PS3. I'm pretty sure a similar poll for PS4 wouldn't go the same way. By the way I'm glad you'll be happy that the franchise you love and defend so dearly will once again be industry leaders in using old assets from two generations ago. Something to be proud of, that one.
For me there is room for all.
If it is just to put them in there and little time to support them is needed
then i say put them in.
If people feel GT6 was best on PS3 with all cars in it then why not on PS4? There will be a bigger visual differance but many seem not to care what it looks like when you drive as long as the track is correct. And i
must say, if they fix the sound, speedfeel then some standards must be relived again.

If you're talking to me, well, I never said there wasn't. They're pretty bad in comparison.

How does the GT6 RUF not stack up though? Looks pretty good to me.

Stack up to what? GT6/PS3? Just about? PS4, which is what we're talking about in this thread? No, they don't stand up at all.

Personally, a lot of my favorite cars are standard. Wouldn't want them removed, I could hope they (about 10-15 cars) get updated but we're talking magic when it comes to Polyphony here. I'm sure this applies to many others to.

There are some cars currently modeled as standard as well but I wouldn't want to drive them looking shoddy in between pristine PS4 visuals. No other games maker gets away with this, why do PD? Don't you guys want consistency in your PS4 games?

Yes, we're well aware SOME look better. What about the hundreds that don't? Plus they still don't stand up to PS4 levels of detail. You've all seen driveclub. Have you seen any cars that look like that in the game? No, they look stunning, as they should. These do not.

For me there is room for all.
If it is just to put them in there and little time to support them is needed
then i say put them in.
If people feel GT6 was best on PS3 with all cars in it then why not on PS4? There will be a bigger visual differance but many seem not to care what it looks like when you drive as long as the track is correct. And i
must say, if they fix the sound, speedfeel then some standards must be relived again.

Oh, have you polled the 2 million GT6 fans to see what they think of standard cars in the PS4 games? Can I see the data?

Last edited:
Stack up to what? GT6/PS3? Just about? PS4, which is what we're talking about in this thread? No, they don't stand up at all.

There are some cars currently modeled as standard as well but I wouldn't want to drive them looking shoddy in between pristine PS4 visuals. No other games maker gets away with this, why do PD? Don't you guys want consistency in your PS4 games?

Yes, we're well aware SOME look better. What about the hundreds that don't? Plus they still don't stand up to PS4 levels of detail. You've all seen driveclub. Have you seen any cars that look like that in the game? No, they look stunning, as they should. These do not.

Oh, have you polled the 2 million GT6 fans to see what they think of standard cars in the PS4 games? Can I see the data?
No, and so what? there are more GT players than so.
But since there is 2million Gt6 fans (your number) it means there are 2 million players that are ok with it, as it seems 2 million that wanted it on ps3 instead of ps4.
If it was really important gt6 should be a ps4 game from start.

No, and so what? and there are more players than so.
But since there is 2million Gt6 fans (your number) it means there are 2 million players that are ok with it.
And as it seems 2 million that wanted it on ps3 instead of ps4.

Sorry, what? How does people buying GT6 on PS3 in any way show they're ok with standard cars in a PS4 game?

No, and so what? there are more GT players than so.
But since there is 2million Gt6 fans (your number) it means there are 2 million players that are ok with it, as it seems 2 million that wanted it on ps3 instead of ps4.

....Who says? Sony makes that call if they wanted it to be on PS4 it would have been, GT has always been a double title per single cycle (console) deal. Go luck up the history of the game if you have trouble understanding that. You hardly make any sense with your conjecture, so due to people buying something (I was one of them) they in turn obviously love and must be fans. I never knew that purchasing something spoke so directly to people, wow. Also those people who bought it didn't do it because they wanted it on PS3, if there was a PS4 option I'm sure there'd be a good number going that route, since we don't have a PS4 option we can only speculate. However, you're reach to vast lengths to prove such a thin veiled attempt at being right.

It doesn't even show that they are ok with standard cars on PS3.

That's @Samus 's point

If PD is even thinking about putting a screenshot from any standard in GT7...that is enough reason for me to not buy GT7.
And I repeat...even a screenshot from a single standard manage to get into the game...I´m done....Same with the engine sounds. Done...bye...finito.

I thought we were still on the RUF and Forza thing.

Inconsistency is very annoying. I love the cars so much though. :indiff: Oh well, accept losses.

The GT picture was in photo travel mode.
Forzavista is a menu based area where the cars are modelled to showcase as menu vehicles with the conditions created for that area. The GT photomode is the exact same car as you get on track when playing the game and so is the lighting model involved with the photomode. It's why photos took on track look the same as those taken in the photomode.

I decided to edit my post, because this is not a FM vs GT thread.
Yes, and I'm not making it a VS thread. I am trying to point out that the premium cars already in GT6 are already good enough to lead a game into the next gen. (see emula's photos for this) and this is why we don't need the standard cars in the next game. Completely on topic if my point is read correctly.

Do you know this, because you modeled cars in the past or is this an assumption?
I haven't directly modelled cars for a game but I have however done 3D models in programs to be used in games, which are completely playable with my design and creation in there. Normally it is buildings and landscaping for the models to fit into. (And no, it's not Sims if you're trying to be a smart-arse)

Like I said already I just can't fathom why people want and think this sort of model:

(Which as has already been pointed out is one of the better standards)

Will be acceptable in a game that looks as good or better than this:

Yes, and I'm not making it a VS thread. I am trying to point out that the premium cars already in GT6 are already good enough to lead a game into the next gen. (see emula's photos for this) and this is why we don't need the standard cars in the next game. Completely on topic if my point is read correctly.

Yes, I would agree entirely. The premium models, barring a few flawed ones that need work, will be fine on PS4. PD have already said they're detailed well beyond PS3. Why people want to then tarnish those with old, low poly models that originated on the PS2 I have no idea.

The R8 itself in the Driveclub video doesn't look any better than some GT6 premiums to me (opinion). Again, it's just the track it is on with the lighting and which makes it look better than GT6.

I'd happily trade 700+ cars to have 100% premiums, even if they were re-worked like GT4 to GT5. They'd be good enough and still millions of people will buy the game and hundreds of people will still moan about it. So all in all, nearly everyone will still buy the game regardless of standards or not.

The R8 itself in the Driveclub video doesn't look any better than some GT6 premiums to me (opinion). Again, it's just the track it is on with the lighting and which makes it look better than GT6.

No but again I wasn't arguing the premiums aren't good enough for PS4. They are. It's the standards I take issues with.

I'd happily trade 700+ cars to have 100% premiums, even if they were re-worked like GT4 to GT5. They'd be good enough and still millions of people will buy the game and hundreds of people will still moan about it. So all in all, nearly everyone will still buy the game regardless of standards or not.

Again I agree, except for the last part. People didn't like standards in GT5 and could (I emphasise could) but the reason so many buyers didn't also purchase GT6. In general people are expecting amazing visuals from the PS4, standard cars won't cut it for those people. Graphics are a huge deal in gaming these days.

The improved standards such as the R390 & Ruf BTR in a PS4 title wouldn't bother me much, but yes; the PS2 models in a PS4 title would be way too far. I personally just prefer a middle ground of quality & quantity.

Standards need to be upgraded to premium! Everybody will agree with that.
Standards need to be removed! Here I don't see any benefit to the game. If someone could please explain to me?

You should compare in game standars vs ingame premiums, not ingame standars vs nex gen graphics.

No but again I wasn't arguing the premiums aren't good enough for PS4. They are. It's the standards I take issues with.

Again I agree, except for the last part. People didn't like standards in GT5 and could (I emphasise could) but the reason so many buyers didn't also purchase GT6. In general people are expecting amazing visuals from the PS4, standard cars won't cut it for those people. Graphics are a huge deal in gaming these days.

That is fair. The standards (all of them) aren't good enough to be on next gen. If PD decide to add them then I think they will lose a lot of respect in their gaming field.
The master will one day become the apprentice as they say and the young kids (Forza, Project CARS, Asetto Corse etc) are trying to take the crown and are pretty close to doing it and PD's next move may determine who has the crown.

Sorry, what? How does people buying GT6 on PS3 in any way show they're ok with standard cars in a PS4 game?
You questioned me with "show me numbers of voters argument" and i feel i did. Stupid to argue why i and others feel standards are ok with your 2 million GT6 fans
How does your 2million fans feel about having standards in the game if they could have it?
You are smart but you use methods
of argument to just push down people. Now keep it clean please.
Since you stated 2
million fans i must say that there are in that case 2
million players out there that accept standards. Maybe they dont use them but still, game is bought.
And for what reason should they not be ok in GT7? What is your point other than saying we that like the option are wrong to believe this. And i dont care who pushed PD to release GT6 on ps3 but noone pushed them to release it with standards in it. The standards wont look worse on ps4, they will look as they did on ps3.
So what is your argument against them? All have same full HD tv's too and nothing will happen here next couple of uears according to you so standards should still be ok or even better if they fix sound track physics livery....

They probably will be in GT7. They shouldn't have been in GT5 and GT6 under any normal circumstance so I can't see them going away.

You questioned me with "show me numbers of voters argument" and i feel i did. Stupid to argue why i and others feel standards are ok with your 2 million GT6 fans

How does your 2million fans feel about having standards in the game if they could have it?
You are smart but you use methods
of argument to just push down people. Now keep it clean please.
Since you stated 2
million fans i must say that there are in that case 2
million players out there that accept standards. Maybe they dont use them but still, game is bought.
And for what reason should they not be ok in GT7? What is your point other than saying we that like the option are wrong to believe this. And i dont care who pushed PD to release GT6 on ps3 but noone pushed them to release it with standards in it. The standards wont look worse on ps4, they will look as they did on ps3.
So what is your argument against them? All have same full HD tv's too and nothing will happen here next couple of uears according to you so standards should still be ok or even better if they fix sound track physics livery....

What you said made no sense, and neither does any of that.

Standard cars in GT7 would be a step too far. But by the time it gets released (my guess is prologue next year with the real thing following a year later) PD should have ~500 premium cars modelled assuming they stick approximately to their current rate, which is more than enough for any recycling to be omitted.

Back