Imports

  • Thread starter Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,251 comments
  • 3,606,883 views
slidesquad#1
Lots of time and money in that, but wouldn't it be a LOT easier to BUY a R34 GT-R than try to make a S14 look like one?
Apparently so. Bomex's site says this has been discontinued.
 
That S14 was posted at GTP quite awhile ago, but only the first two pictures, its interesting to see the other pics.
 
Do you guys know what is the name of the song in the 2003 video which features the Porsche from Sweden or Norway...whatever.
 
Good thing that kit has been discontinued. It's fugly. :yuck:
 
Yeah, it is a little fugly. The hood doesn't seem to flow with the bumper.

But I was wondering if anyone had any info on it? I can't seem to find anything on the power supply.
 
Here's a few for the Subaru fanboys.

bratsti.jpg

Brumby ute with Sti running gear.

P1and22b.jpg

Impreza P1 and 22B

05-01-26-02.jpg

m6.jpg

EJ20 Power! Wierd wing tho.

22252956full6il.jpg


22252956full7zn.jpg


22252956full2uy.jpg


And the family wagon:
bobo021large5aa.jpg
 
*McLaren*
Does anyone have any info on this R34 Conversion on S14?
All I could dig up was that it was in Super Street's May 05 issue and featured by Bomex at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

Hey McLaren, one of my magazines (High Performance Imports) has an article on this car. It was written by Dino Dalle Carbonare, the same guy that runs that website which you got those pics from.

The bodykit started off life as a Bomex wide-body R34 GTR kit but was heavily modified to fit the S14. The S14 lights front and rear were replaced with R34 GTR lights.
The rims are chromed Volk GT-Vs and are 19 inches. The suspension set-up is fully adjustable GAB coilovers all round, nismo control arms, Nismo LSD and Porsche/Brembo 4 spot calipers
Engine-wise, it runs a HKS GT-SS turbo, GReddy intercooler, stainless steel manifold, full exhaust system and a K&N filter.
 
Revheadnz
Hey McLaren, one of my magazines (High Performance Imports) has an article on this car. It was written by Dino Dalle Carbonare, the same guy that runs that website which you got those pics from.

The bodykit started off life as a Bomex wide-body R34 GTR kit but was heavily modified to fit the S14. The S14 lights front and rear were replaced with R34 GTR lights.
The rims are chromed Volk GT-Vs and are 19 inches. The suspension set-up is fully adjustable GAB coilovers all round, nismo control arms, Nismo LSD and Porsche/Brembo 4 spot calipers
Engine-wise, it runs a HKS GT-SS turbo, GReddy intercooler, stainless steel manifold, full exhaust system and a K&N filter.
Thanks Rev. I'm sure I can determine the output from those mods.👍
 
With a HKS GT-SS it wouldn't be real big on power, 300-350hp range at the fly.
 
VIPERGTSR01
With a HKS GT-SS it wouldn't be real big on power, 300-350hp range at the fly.
So, the horsepower increase is just about 100 at the max?
Well, that kinda sucks.
 
Not done yet, just searching :p

5.jpg

And WTF!?!! is this?!!? :drool:
bmw_m3.jpg

Kinda reminds me of.....
190e2l516evo2-ouverture.jpg
 
It's sad, but these Euro tuners are slowly making their way towards the ricer side of the house. :(
 
bondy_1625

Deep dish rims -- 👎
Eyelids -- 👎
Smoked taillights -- 👎
Modified bumpers with black trim pieces and turn signals removed -- 👎
"European Car" banner -- 👎

Oh well. It could have been much, much worse...though I still can't figure out what people see in smoked E30 tails.
 
Wolfe2x7
though I still can't figure out what people see in smoked E30 tails.

I agree. I absolutely love the size of the taillight on e30s, especially non-M coupes. The dominance of red on the back of the car really makes them nice. Smoking it all out makes no sense to me. This is what I somehow find nice about modern Volvos, especially those with badge deletes.
 
Encyclopedia
Itsfun is owned by a Swedish guy

From the site:

Performance: 0-100 km/h (0-62mph) 3.7 sec. 0-200 km/h: 9 sec. Topspeed: 305-350 km/h depending on gearing.

Weight: around 1200 kilos.

Power: Enough.

For a car that looks like it's approaching 4-digit hp figures, 3.7s to 100kmh at 1200kg seems a bit weak... Am I alone in seeing this?

I might as well contirbute to this. Subtle e30 goodliness. :)

ggt13en.jpg


ggt25mv.jpg
 
OMG I can't believe I have never seen this thread, I live for Imports!!!

Hey slidesquad#1 got any other info on that black legacy/liberty, it's beautiful!

More tokyo-style pics like that would be great

As for my all-time favourites:


Nico Tjen's NSX: A legend in his own right

my.php


S15 Silvia: 24 karat gold...

my.php


Hot Import Nights BMW M3: Stunning...

my.php


350Z Roadster
my.php


 
What happened to the pictures? ... :confused: ... :irked: ... 🤬 ... :mad: ... :banghead: ...
 
Tjen's NSX GT is known down at Melbourne?

Crap he's popular!
 
Yep, he's a full icon to me and many melbourne-import enthusiasts.

Why? Auto Salon baby! Plus his past rides have been beautifully modified, not to mention the NSX!
 
That E30 is pure awesomeness!
 
Back