Imports

  • Thread starter Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,251 comments
  • 3,607,320 views
about Prelude
backyard_prelude_by_snikkaz-d4by4lb.jpg
 
There's a 4WS VTEC model of that gen for sale locally. $2900. I badly want it, but got too much going on right now. It's tempting to sell the RSX and have $4,000+ left over to take care of any faults...
 
Between the '70s and '90s, it's a tough call for me. There are too many '70s Japanese cars I'd love to resto-mod, for sure. Their styling from back then has aged well.
 
Less so in the UK thanks to our easier import laws. Big influx of them about 10-15 years ago and now nobody wants them, so they're plentiful and dirt cheap.

Welp, im importing one to Canada...
 
605717-870-0.jpg

maserati-shamal-%5B5389%5D.jpg

maserati-shamal-c675206072013010009_2.jpg

maserati-shamal-c675206072013010009_10.jpg

maserati-shamal-c718427012013202052_1.jpg


Very underrated piece of Italian engineering and design

Now that's a unicorn. Love the Shamal even more than the Ghibli.
 
Between the '70s and '90s, it's a tough call for me. There are too many '70s Japanese cars I'd love to resto-mod, for sure. Their styling from back then has aged well.
There were some good cars outta the 90's, true, but I am not such a big fan of the "hip" movement so pervasive in that decades car designs. My favorite car from 90s japan is by far the Mazda Cosmo. The body style is so clean, but that monster 20b under the hood!
But the 70s has it all as far as I am concerned. The looks, quirky engines that are a lot of fun to tune, without needing a laptop, easier maintenance. Plenty of room to work on a car without a million miles of wires and crazy emissions systems cramping up every nook and cranny under the hood. A mechanics delight, not an engineer's bad acid trip.
 
You can't afford to have your fingerprint removed.
 
Back