Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

  • Thread starter Thread starter 05XR8
  • 9 comments
  • 1,657 views
Nope, not a fake. It's really coming.

This movie's been stewing in development hell for years, though. Not sure if it'll be actually good/convincing, knowing how old Harrison Ford is...
 
Last edited:
True. I cringed a bit watching the Crystal Skull and Rise of Skywalker. That’s about as high energy(regardless of stunt double) as could be believable back then. We’ll see.
 
And what, exactly, is a "dial of destiny"?

I know only two of the previous four movies have stated what the artefact is - one more overtly than the other - but they were actual, known (if mythological) artefacts. I've never heard of a "Dial of Destiny", though I see Mads Mikkelson mucking about with some circular device in the trailer.

I'm guessing the antikytheria or an astrolabe (maybe Magellan's, just for more WH13 crossover goodness :D )
 
And what, exactly, is a "dial of destiny"?

I know only two of the previous four movies have stated what the artefact is - one more overtly than the other - but they were actual, known (if mythological) artefacts. I've never heard of a "Dial of Destiny", though I see Mads Mikkelson mucking about with some circular device in the trailer.

I'm guessing the antikytheria or an astrolabe (maybe Magellan's, just for more WH13 crossover goodness :D )
I've seen three different thoughts based on rumours.

The most widespread thought is that it's the Sundial of Ahaz, which supposedly can control time. Supposedly the movie have time travel in it, so this would make sense if that is true. The next is the Rota Fortunae and the other idea is the Antikythera mechanism.
 
The most widespread thought is that it's the Sundial of Ahaz, which supposedly can control time.
Doesn't look particularly sundially though; they're not well-known for having moving parts :lol:

Magellan's Astrolabe can also control time, by reversing the last 24 hours - although it will unleash an evil of the user's own making :D

the Rota Fortunae
I'd totally watch Indiana Jones and The Wheel of Fortune...

the set ive got a good feeling about this GIF by Wheel of Fortune
 
My thoughts on the Indiana Jones franchise is that it belongs in a museum.

I don't have high hopes for this at all, and the trailers haven't changed that.
 
I still like to watch it, just the music in the trailer gives me goosebumps, what an actor, he's timeless 😋.
Well maybe cause im old too😁, for old times sake im anxious to see it.
 
I still like to watch it, just the music in the trailer gives me goosebumps, what an actor, he's timeless 😋.
Well maybe cause im old too😁, for old times sake im anxious to see it.
Just wait til you see him (Red)Hulk out! ;)
 
I'm going to give my two cents (while wearing flame-retardant apparel). Of the franchise, Raiders is an unquestionable cinema icon, and then goes downhill from there: ToD is mean to everyone (women, children, Hindu culture and peoples, etc.) and borderline offensive, while making no sense at all as a prequel; Mola Ram was fantastic though, I give it that. Last Crusade is an inferior rethread of Raiders, which nerfs Sallah and Marcus Brody into bumbling fools, and is absolutely appalling to the female antagonist Dr. Slut, I mean Elsa Schneider, making creeps of both Joneses. As for the fourth one... Well, Crystal Skull is like all those Disney animated sequels... it doesn't exist in my mind.

Will I watch DoD? Maybe as soon as it hits a VOD service, and then depending on the reviews.
 
Back