Innocence: Chapter 3; Page 4 - The New Me

Page 10 - Settling The Score

Slowly... I am starting to see a bright light...

...it's so bright.

It turns out that it's a bright fluorescent light beaming down right in front of my eyes. I am lying down on a bed, obviously I am in a hospital room. I can see everyone worrying about me.

Sorry, guys.

Nobuyuki: "Okaasan.... Otousan..."

Hiroyuki: "Nobuyuki!"

Kyoko: "Thank goodness! We cannot afford to lose you again!"

She hugs me so tightly. Mom, you're kinda heavy. My body is still weak...

Nobuyuki: "I'm so sorry, that I made everyone worry."

Takuma: "I think you are among the silliest persons in the world. You are just as silly as Takanori."

Takanori: "Hey!"

Samui: "I'm glad to see you well, Nobuyuki-san. Everyone was worried at every single minute!"

Nobuyuki: "How's.... Nigel?"

Takanori: "According to Sayuki, he's being fixed."

Takuma: "Yeah, and we are going to put your duel on hold until both of you are well enough to race."

Nobuyuki: "Good for Nigel, at least one can bring him back. As for Little Nobu..."

Hiroyuki: "No need to worry, the burial is already being arranged. We will bury him properly in Japan once that duel is over."

Nobuyuki: "I met him once again..."

Takanori: "There we go again, another ghost story to creep me out."

Nobuyuki: "He gave me a lifelong mission to take care of the family. That's all he asked."

Takuma: "He can finally rest in peace, since Sayuki and her team managed to arrest those behind the NH 2 project. Wow, I can't think that these people will do something so despicable."

Samui: "Um... everyone."

Takanori: "What is it, Samui?"

Samui: "I will return to Japan for a while. I have to..."

I can see his fists shaking. I wonder why...

Samui: "...fix something."

Takanori: "Oh... okay. Besides, the major races are still far off. You can still prepare for them, right?"

Samui: "Yes, I will. Once I come back here, I will be faster."

I am really amazed at Samui-kun. He has gotten more confident, thanks to his time with his cousins. I'm sure he can open up more freely. Good for you! Well, whatever you have to do, I'm sure you can do it.

Nobuyuki: "Take care, then. As for me though, I will settle my score with Nigel. This has to happen! I don't care how long it will take to fix him."

Takuma: "Don't tell me that you are still mad at him."

Nobuyuki: "There is no reason to. But I have to show him what I can do, that a robot can't!"

Takuma: "I can tell that you still are mad at him. Look, what's past is past. If you want your little brother to be happy, then make friends with him."

Nobuyuki: "I'll try. But I still intend to race him. I need to square off that loss."

Takuma: "Oh, whatever. The M3 GTR is prepped. You gotta test it first, then you could do all the practice at the Nurburgring.

A few days later...

Time: 3:00 pm

8933912903_34f6708aa5_c.jpg

8934528012_6a2d1f7d74_c.jpg

Samui: "Ichishima-san is really a guru on Hondas. To think he turned my NSX into this. It's perfect for the purpose."

8934527300_d2ed9a785a_c.jpg

Samui: "I know that he'll come around someday... That day is near."

8933911307_b614fcbf15_c.jpg

Samui: "It's been 4 years. We have to put an end to this... I have a score to settle too."

8934526200_5d056378f8_c.jpg

8934525772_d6708ff7b5_c.jpg

Samui: "I have to make him change for the better. I don't want to see him suffer."

8933909743_d6402310c8_c.jpg

Samui: "What shall I do, Nobu-senpai? What I'm going to do is suicidal...

I'm scared, you know?"

End of Page 10

How's about stopping by 130R before the race, for good measure. :)

This has been a pretty Nobuhiko central story; which seemingly attracts me. I wonder what the lime muscle's got to do with him.

Page 11 - Opponents

A week after, and actually it's a speedy recovery! All I have to do is practice!

Practice!

So I headed to the Nurburgring, with Ms. Sabine with me. I still need her guidance, but I somehow got it.

Oh, here's my tuned M3 GTR! It's lightly tuned in terms of power, only making 400 HP, but the weight is totally stripped down, and I installed a fully adjustable LSD and Suspension along with better Sports tires.

8947563465_7b37cf7f5f_c.jpg

8948184960_20c2b074a4_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "I'm getting it."

Sabine: "Keep that up! You're actually getting better!"

8948184698_cde1a0447b_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "The brakes are strong enough to stop this thing!"

Though that was short. I messed up again.

8947560667_1185704cff_c.jpg

8947560351_8dae7722e6_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Damn.... I always overshoot here!"

Sabine: "Relax. You will soon master this track!

8948183722_8cf852e4e1_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Another overspeeding moment..."

Sabine: "It's okay. Don't let that put you down. I make mistakes too. It is just normal even for veterans here to make a mistake."

8947559713_145f9af3dd_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "I have two opponents now..."

8948183232_ed230fb7de_c.jpg

8947558935_f022942f35_c.jpg

Sabine: "Who are they?"

Nobuyuki: "Nigel... and this track."

Time: 4:00 pm

8947563007_6e7de2774f_c.jpg

Samui: "I sent back my NSX to be fine-tuned, so I'll be driving Takanori's Elise for now..."

8947562697_a6800c9288_c.jpg

Samui: "So this is Nobu-senpai's gift to Takanori, huh? And I think this behaves similarly to my NSX. It feels so nimble.... yet it demands driver skill."

8947562323_83625d2a14_c.jpg

Samui: "Nobu-senpai put a lot of effort in tuning this car. It's as if there was passion in everything he did. But... for me, where's my passion? I am always in doubt.. I always doubt my capabilities. Am I really that great, like everyone else tells me?"

Samui stops at the 130R and looks at the bright sunny sky as he gets out of the car.

8948185744_81c52ee734_c.jpg

Samui: "Nobu-senpai, I know that you'll not appear before me, and I know that you'll leave the rest to me. But what shall I do? How am I supposed to face him? How am I supposed to save him? I might end up killed for what I'll be doing. That fateful day is near... the day that changed my life 4 years ago.

Every year, that day would haunt me..."

I can't let his sanity taken away. I don't want others to suffer. I want peace! Can I really do it?

I'm scared! I'm scared! I don't know what to do!!!"

End of Page 11

Last edited:
Another repaint? RM the Elise, repaint it and put 69, and then you can claim it's the Dream Alliance's Elise. :dopey:

Good page nonetheless. :)

Another repaint? RM the Elise, repaint it and put 69, and then you can claim it's the Dream Alliance's Elise. :dopey:

Good page nonetheless. :)

Actually, out of all the cars in the story, the Elise RM is the one that needs to stand out. While the others do that job easily, the Elise RM looks rather pedestrian hence the frequent color change. That car is like a "character" now and, as you said, the color changes are a trademark of The Dream Alliance's Elise.

Page 12 - Transmission Battle

After that run, Takuma-san allowed me to play Gran Turismo 5 in order to practice on the Nurburgring track virtually. And I know that it's different from real, but it proves to be useful.

While at it, Sayuki-san had arranged the track to be reserved for our duel. Yes, one can do that. And she also told us that Nigel is fixed, so...

...the match is on!

I may lack practice, but I am so eager to beat Nigel! This is the opportunity! I can't let it get out of sight.

The week after, we are all present at the Nordschleife. I am wearing Little Nobu's race suit once again... to represent him too. I want to show Nigel what a human being has that a robot does not have.

Hiroyuki: "Ahhh, that suit... that's Nobuhiko's memento. You really wear it proud. And I think you deserve to have it."

Nobuyuki: "I won't let him down once again wearing this suit."

Kyoko: "Good luck... and please take care."

Nobuyuki: "Don't worry about me, Mom... I'm doing this for Little Nobu's sake."

Takuma: "At any moment, Nigel will arrive. Gotta prepare yourself."

Minutes later, he did arrive with Sayuki-san. I thought Germans are punctual. Nigel approaches me, appearing apologetic.

Nigel: "Osokunatte gomennasai."
(Sorry, we're late).

Nobuyuki: "Doitsujin wa itsumo hayai to omotta."
(I thought Germans are always early.)

Nigel: "Naze? Naze watashi wo tatakaitai desu ka? Anata wa racing ga jouzu desu."
(Why? Why do you want to battle me? You are skilled in racing.)

Nobuyuki: "Kono batoru wa Nobuhiko no tameni da. Otouto wa taisetsu na hito da."
(This battle is for Nobuhiko. My little brother is an important person to me.)

Nigel: "Sou desu ka." (Is that so?)

Nobuyuki: "Kyou no tenki ga hare da na. Sate, kono batoru wo hajimemashou."
(Today's weather is fine. Well then, let's start this battle.)

Nigel: "Gambarimasu." (Best of luck.)

We just go to our respective cars. I'm sure this will be one hell of a duel.

Sayuki: "This will be a 2 lap race. I'll do the countdown!"

We lined up, side by side. Both of us are looking at each other.

Sayuki: "3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

We're off! Whoa... the GTS is off to a good start! And it just pulls away!

8968141050_cf192ab683_c.jpg

8966951503_5fa10dcc16_c.jpg

It just zooms away at the corner exits! The M3 GTS does not even come with a turbo!

Well, I have driven it once.... and...

Wait!

I remember! The M3 GTS has paddle shifts! My M3 GTR only has a manual gearbox.

At the starting point...

Takuma: "That M3 GTS is a bullet off the line. Thanks to the dual clutch transmission along with launch control."

Hiroyuki: "Dual clutch eh? Never heard of it..."

Takuma: "A dual clutch mechanism is more effective, smoother, and faster than a human hand. While in a gear, the other gear is already preparing and running itself for the gearchange. Once the gearchange happens, the transition between the gears is so fast that there is no power loss. Today's dual clutch mechanisms has shift speeds that match the sequential gearboxes in racing cars."

Hiroyuki: "That orange M3 is very much like a robot, eh? Just like driver."

Takuma: "Nobuyuki is already at a disadvantage. Not only he did drive the course only a few times, the opponent car is already is a force to be reckoned with. A manual gearbox is much slower to change gear than a dual clutch. The time that will take a human hand to move the lever, and the transition between the gears can hurt your pace and even your lap times. Not to mention that there is a human error factor there. The dual clutch transmission is also helpful in cornering exits."

8968140704_b51e123d3d_c.jpg

8966950939_d908d86c14_c.jpg

Nigel: "Impressive. To think that he can keep up! I wonder what makes him do that?"

8968140214_2f37d02488_c.jpg

8966950535_1ded3b1bac_c.jpg

This battle has just started! I haven't given up yet! You think you can measure through your algorithms what can a determined human being do?

So I tapped the M3 GTS' rear end to lose its rhythm.

8968139724_f62a63c80e_c.jpg

Isn't that a bit too much? Oops...

8966950477_0f5e3bdae6_c.jpg

Whoa! A Kansei drift! To think he can do that with a small space to recover!

8968139482_eb78c4225b_c.jpg

You really did get hold every bit of my little brother's racing skills. That's mad science in the works.

8968138942_bcd529c407_c.jpg

Odd enough, I am drafting behind at the high speed section.

8966949493_1a3625bffe_c.jpg

We're approaching the Karusell. Shoot! I entered too fast! I missed the banking!

8968138560_17868d311b_c.jpg

Nigel's M3 is clearing through the hairpin fast! It's the proper way! I really lack practice...

8966949003_dc154c624b_c.jpg

He's already out of sight! Crap!

8966949187_8b5c74ba1a_c.jpg

8968137924_2e798e86fa_c.jpg

What shall I do? He's getting away!

8968137570_5f48742692_c.jpg

End of Page 12

Last edited:
Page 13 - Human Ability

We're just halfway through the 1st lap, and Nigel already set a big gap.

8974229369_1887b55d18_c.jpg

8975422078_a775b826ee_c.jpg

Nigel: "Adjusting accelerator input to 80% at this corner. Steering angle at 70 degrees."

8974229103_8a38a11c1d_c.jpg

I'm not giving up! I will catch you! It's not yet over!

8975421922_5c3cf39f55_c.jpg

8974229125_1357a890d0_c.jpg

At the pit lane...

Sayuki: "Nigel would still keep the lead at this moment. Nobuyuki hasn't mastered this track, right?"

Takuma: "You could say that. But we won't know, we have yet to witness the end of this battle."

Sayuki: "Don't worry... Nobuyuki has an ace under his sleeve."

Takanori: "Eh? What is it?"

Sayuki: "You do remember how Nigel is built, right? He was a prototype. And during his development stages, his creators used this track to do the testing."

8975421624_876d88832f_c.jpg

Nigel: "Amazing! He kept up at the Galgenkopf? That is a very difficult section, considering how much one has to slow down after that long straight!"

8974228773_d9fc2c8b39_c.jpg

I have been using this trick for almost my entire career, Mr. Roboto. That is how determined I am. You must find out what it is...

The 2nd lap has started. I must not screw up this time!

8974228561_83dbb47585_c.jpg

Back at the pit lane...

Sayuki: "All of the race tracks around the world are intended to be part of his programming, but since he is an unfinished product..."

Takuma: "He only knows this course."

Sayuki: "Exactly."

Takanori: "So what makes Nobuyuki-san advantageous here, then?"

8974228431_5122787f61_c.jpg

Sayuki: "Nigel is programmed to be the precise here. And as such, the braking points, race lines, steering angles, accelerator inputs, and cornering entry and exit speeds are programmed based on the data acquired. So Nigel coordinates and follows those sets of data and use them on depending on the section of this track. The track conditions are also included in the programming."

8974228179_edb8694786_c.jpg

Takuma: "I got it."

Takanori: "Huh?"

Takuma: "Oh my silly twin, Takanori."

8975420930_60844cf760_c.jpg

Takuma: "Nigel is similar to an A.I. opponent in video games! They are pre-programmed to do these certain moves. Nobuyuki is like the player. Human beings can do things on their own. They are not pre-programmed as they have free will and they can follow their instincts."

8975420666_4edb0d6cdc_c.jpg

Takuma: "Nobuyuki can brake late, and enter the corner at a faster speed because he feels like it. He feels that they would make him win. And using the E46's lighter chassis, that would support as to why he can do those. And he can overtake wherever he feels it's appropriate. I'm sure we are doing the same, right? You think robots have something called instinct? Robots cannot measure that, and they cannot input that in their memory banks. Nobuyuki is already determined to win this, and he is simply using instinct and determination as his weapons."

Takanori: "Of course! Now that's what humans can do!"

8974227799_ddaf750a43_c.jpg

All right! Just a bit more, and I can pass you!

Shoot! I'm too fast at the Karusell again!

8974227475_412488f8f9_c.jpg

8974227245_16660bdde4_c.jpg

But that's odd, why did the M3 GTS oversteered at the end?

8975419938_b3bd9df724_c.jpg

Nigel: "Error in accelerator control. Sending error message..."

Takuma: "And did I mention that Nigel cannot feel what's going on in his car? He was not even programmed to drive the M3 GTS alone, either. Nobuyuki, as much as every human race car driver out there, can tell what's going on with their cars. They can feel through the steering that their tires will lose grip. And they can even tell when the car is losing power."

8975419748_c0a3c6afce_c.jpg

All right! That's a saving grace! Now I shall show you what I am capable of! You think you can turn the tables?

End of Page 13

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Here is the setup for Nigel's "M3 GTS":

Weight Reduction level 1
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood Body Color
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adustable LSD
- Initial Torque 18
- Acceleration Sensitivity 18
- Braking Sensitivity 25

Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Cuztomizable Suspension

- Ride Height (F: 15 R: 10)
- Spring Rate (F: 13.0 R 11.0)
- Dampers Ext. (F: 7 R: 7)
- Dampers Comp. (F: 7 R: 7)
- Anti-Roll Bars (F: 4 R: 4)
- Camber Angle (-) (F: 2.0 R: 1.0)
- Toe Angle (F: 0.00 R: 0.20)

Brake Balance (F: 5 R: 8 )
Sports Soft Tires

HP: 466
Weight: 1474 kg
PP: 523
Color: Glutorange (Audi TTS)

Last edited:
Page 14 - End of Storm

I finally got the lead! Now don't screw it up...

8977274702_4af98dcfef_c.jpg

His GTS understeers? Is it losing grip already?

8977274774_fd6ffe35b6_c.jpg

Nigel: "He's really skilled. And his GTR's cornering speeds are faster!"

8976084539_c8b4601c42_c.jpg

Nigel: "Braking late is dangerous here! Please be careful!"

8977273942_6638af8e3b_c.jpg

He is drafting behind...

8977273960_d0e80528b1_c.jpg

Sorry, but I'll have to be a jerk this time.

8977273570_568ce04a7f_c.jpg

Nigel: "Wait! You have to brake after the long straight! It's too dangerous for you to brake late!"

8976083319_3c58fc146f_c.jpg

Heh, the lighter weight and that GT Wing help in braking.

And I crossed the finish line first! I did it... I did it, Little Nobu!

8977388558_dc494ef8f8_c.jpg

Takuma: "Looks like his confidence and determination made him win this battle."

Takanori: "All right! I knew he had it in him!"

Hiroyuki: "Do not underestimate humans. You'll never know what they can do..."

As we step out from our cars, Nigel happily approaches me.

Nigel: "Congratulations! You are really skilled! I guess there are a lot of drivers like you out there."

Nobuyuki: "You are skilled too. You gave me a hard time."

Nigel: "I guess I have so many things to learn, huh?"

Nobuyuki: "I'm sorry... for being so hard on you. It's not right. I just realized that you are just a victim of circumstance, and I'm sure you were not aware of my little brother's data in your system back then."

I reach out my hand.

Nobuyuki: "Friends?"

Nigel: "Friends!"

And we performed a handshake. All is forgiven... and we all have to move on. Little Nobu, I did it...

...we did it! I'm sure you are so happy right now.

We returned to Japan for a brief period for us to bury Little Nobu's body. Finally, he can rest in peace. And with that, all is fixed.

Hiroyuki: "Finally, the storm is over. This family can finally live in peace."

Kyoko: "And I'm sure Nobuhiko will truly be happy."

Nobuyuki: "Once I head back in Europe, I will definitely make him proud. Every race will be for his sake."

Samui-kun suddenly arrives, with a bouquet of flowers that he laid.

Samui: "I am so happy that everything is wrapped up. We can all move on."

Nobuyuki: "Samui-kun, will you be staying here for longer?"

Samui: "Yes, I am currently fixing my own problem. Don't worry, once that's over, I'll follow you to Europe."

Nobuyuki: "Well, good luck, then. I'm sure you can do this."

The next day, I attend Toyota's press conference in Ginza. Otousan will unveil 2 special cars for this event.

With all the guests present, it's time for Otousan to speak.

Hiroyuki: "Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you all for coming for this very special occasion. Why did I call you out today? Because these 2 cars represent my precious children. They made this country proud because of their contribution in this country's motorsports.

I shall present to you, the Hiramoto Special cars!

8977769552_a1bf219098_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "This is the Lexus IS-F Nobuyuki."

8976578577_b214f31425_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "And this is the Toyota 86 Nobuhiko."

Wow... I never expected him to do that! After all, he works for Toyota, and the company wants to dedicate the family for its close relationship to the company.

Hiroyuki: "These two cars will be produced in limited numbers and will come only in white with respectively colored rims. 100 units will be produced for each model, and some might be exported to overseas should there be a demand. These cars have improved performance such as lowered and stiffened suspension, improved LSD; and more power and less weight for the 86.

The audience just applauds, and of course we are bombarded with photographers who want to take nice shots of the cars.

With that, I'm glad every loose end is tied up. Whew... that was hard! To think I almost lost my life in the process! People do crazy things for others, that's for sure!

As for Samui-kun, I believe in him. He's such a wonderful person, and that he will be able to accomplish whatever the things he must do.

Well, I'll be out for a while! I don't know who'll take my place as a narrator. Hey, who's up!?

The next day at Mt. Aso...

8977275320_4c64c21c9d_c.jpg

8977275292_b2a5290cce_c.jpg

8977275078_c1251a1667_c.jpg

8976085041_aaeca02756_c.jpg

Samui: "I guess I am ready. I have to finish this once and for all!"

The End​

Great ending. 👍

I think that this should be appropriate music in the next story when Samui faces that mysterious Challenger R/T.

A Supra would have been nice as a Nobuhiko special, but that's understandable since it's a standard car. :(

Great chapter, as usual. 👍

Hey.. how about a few specs on the Hiramoto cars. Might wanna replicate for my own use.

And, sworn enemy defeated with friendship makes a proper end. Reminds me of the Kanonjis. Great stuff.

A Supra would have been nice as a Nobuhiko special, but that's understandable since it's a standard car. :(

And the mere fact that it's not in production anymore.

Also, if you are my friends in PSN and in GT5, go to my profile Message Board in GT5 Community section. I have made an announcement there.

:D

Innocence​

Chapter 1 - Deception

Page 1 - Bully

Hi everyone! My name is Samui Kanonji. And um.......

.....damn, why am I too shy for this? Well, I gotta narrate! I gotta boost my confidence!

Join me in my journey to find my self-worth and, as you all know, correct a huge mistake from the past.

Oh what a nice afternoon. Spring weather is at 18 degrees and yet the sun is shining. What a perfect time to stroll around Tokyo.

Tomorrow though, I'll head to Gunma to check on Obaasan and her flower shop. I sorely miss them. I'm kinda homesick, you know?

I stop by first at a convenience store, the cashier is so happy to see me. Yeah, she knows me as I used to stop by there after school.

Miyako: "You're back, Samui-kun! Why did you just disappear?"

Samui: "Well, I went to Europe. But I'll stay here for a while and then return there."

Miyako: "I'm so jealous of you! You actually got to go to Europe? That's my dream! I want to see the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, The Big Ben, The Swiss Alps, The French Riviera.... oh so many places to see!"

Samui: "Wow... to think you know those places. I haven't been to those places yet, I'm afraid."

Miyako: "Eh??? Then where did you go, then?"

Samui: "I just stayed in Germany for a while."

So I purchased a can of soda for me to drink. Then suddenly, another familiar face enters the shop. He's one of my classmates, an exchange student from Britain named Morris. We used to play tennis too, and his skill is...

...nah, I don't wanna tell it. I might insult him.

Morris: "Oh well well, that silent lad is here. Why did you just evaporate? Learn to open your mouth."

Samui: "Morris-san! I've been to Europe, actually. And I haven't visited your hometown yet. Hehehehehe..."

Morris: "Oh you silly twit. As if you could easily find my home. Oh, this is a perfect opportunity to show you something. Come with me."

He showed me his red NSX. Last time I saw it, it was stock. So he modified it, huh?

8982593312_b0f894de34_c.jpg

Morris: "Oh the joy. I finally got to modify her."

Samui: "Isn't that the one from an anime? It looks similar to the one in that anime."

Morris: "You watch too much of it, sonny. I don't know what you're talking about."

8981399485_56c03632cd_c.jpg

Gotta admit this, but I am a big fan of anime. I used to attend all types of cosplay events too.

Morris: "I'll run this thing today to the hills. Wanna come with me?"

Suddenly, I saw a blue Jaguar stopped in front of us. Coming out of that car is another high school classmate named Maeda. His family owns a restaurant chain, and obviously that makes him affluent. But he's bad news...

Maeda: "Oh there you are. Well well, look at this, the gardener came back! I thought you were gone because you're scared at me. Relax, I didn't mean to scare you too much."

Morris: "What the bloody hell are you doing here?"

Maeda: "Hey, wanna hang out? And seeing you have such a nice car, how about running in the hills? I'll show you what a real man is! I'll show you my drifting?"

Maeda is a certified bully. I just don't mind his constant bullying at me. After all, as if I am scared.

Morris: "Bring it on, then. Let's go."

Samui: "After that, can you leave us alone?"

Maeda: "Oh ho ho... Look who spoke up. Well, since you are a gardener, you can enjoy the green found in the touge. You can cultivate them while we do the racing. And how dare you tell that to me?"

I am just clenching my fists. But I gotta be civilized unlike his rather Barbaric attitude. He returns to his car and set off. Of course, Morris-san has to follow, and he takes me along. But first...

Samui: "Can I drive?"

Morris: "What?"

Samui: "Don't worry, I have a license too. Perhaps you don't know that I drive too. I wanna feel a sports car, you know?"

Little does he know that I own an NSX too. And I know how to drive it, Morris-san. I just love the NSX... I just pretended that I don't own one.

We followed him, and the moment we arrived, the blue Jaguar already is on full throttle.

8982592834_189de53306_c.jpg

Morris: "I should be the one driving! You don't own something like this!"

Samui: "Heh... I'll just drive along and catch up."

Morris: "What in blue blazes..."

Maeda: "You think your old NSX can keep up?"

8982592586_d7354ea9e8_c.jpg

Maeda: "Now this a man's skill! DRIFTING!!!"

Morris: "Ugh... what a show off! Wait, you can control the car at high speed?"

Maeda, you suck at drifting.

Samui: "Countersteer wa osoi janaaaa...."

8981398481_d4d3d8ece5_c.jpg

He's not that good, you know? Well, time to show him what a Kanonji can do! It's my time to bully you!

So I further stepped on the accelerator.

Morris: "Whoa! Be careful!"

8981398231_9fc121c2c5_c.jpg

Maeda braked too early. And the moment I overtook him, I show him a thumbs down.

Maeda: "No way... SAMUI!?"

8981397933_5fbbdee19e_c.jpg

Samui: "Time to teach him a lesson! I am now your bully!"

8981397631_66592e1528_c.jpg

Morris: "Oh cock! Gotta hold on! Hey, you can drift!?"

8981397229_3463e2deba_c.jpg

Maeda: "Waaaaaahhhh! He's drifting fast! And I lost control!"

8981397051_6a2816fbfa_c.jpg

Samui: "Ehehe... Ahahahahahahahaha!"

8982590516_bb3048271c_c.jpg

Morris: "What are you laughing about?"

Samui: "Feels good, eh? At least that will shut him up."

Morris: "He will be crying back to his mommy right now."

Whew... that felt really good. I finally managed to show him what I am capable of.

After driving that bully away, I head to a house in Shinjuku. I am just alone, and then an old lady named Kin takes me in.

I just wanna check up on her...

Kin: "Oh Samui! Welcome back! How's your trip?"

Samui: "Oh I am fine. How's Gin?"

Kin: "Oh she went out with her friends today. I'm actually glad that she returned to her usual self."

Samui: "I see. I actually want to talk to her."

Kin: "She'll return by evening, perhaps."

Samui: "I see. Please tell her I stopped by, okay? I'll just go back here on Monday."

Kin: "Don't worry, I'll tell her."

Samui: "I'll take my leave."

And so I left. I wonder how is she? But I guess the wounds from the past have not yet healed. What just happened 4 years ago cannot be simply forgotten.

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- One of the lines is taken from Tokyo Drift. I'm sure you got the reference. :sly:
- I have planned 3 chapters for this. But an extension is possible.

Page 2 - Making A Name

Morris-san can't get over what he just witnessed. Moreover, I made that bully wet his pants. And he never bothered us again.

And, just as planned, I head to Gunma to visit Suzue-obaasan. I am always impressed at her, since she is still strong enough to do the tasks, knowing gardening can be a superhuman effort.

When I arrived, though...

8985589392_46c7599293_c.jpg

Eh??? I haven't seen that car before. And judging by its plate and tag, it came all the way from Tokyo as well. I wonder who is the guest?

Samui: "Tadaima..."

Suzue: "Okaerinasai. Oh, someone is looking for you, Samui."

I see a middle-aged man at the living room, drinking some green tea.

Kaido: "Oh, so you're Samui Kanonji eh? So young..."

Suzue: "His name is Kaido."

Samui: "Hajimemashte. What brings you here?"

Kaido: "Hehehehehe... you saw that car in the driveway, don't you? It has something to do with your race."

Samui: "I.. have a race!?"

Kaido: "Since your cousins are in Europe, I decided to pick you for the NR-A Roadster race tomorrow. I'm sure I made the right choice."

Samui: "But I'm not that famous for you to pick me. I'm not even as good as them..."

Kaido: "Takuma's right, you are just as clueless and pessimistic as ever. Lighten up! You know, you already quite made a name for yourself after beating your high school teacher in that race in Suzuka knowing where she came from. This is your stepping stone, Samui..."

Suzue: "I think it should be fun! You must participate."

Samui: "Obaasan, is it okay?"

Suzue: "You know, you can now do things on your own. You are a grown up. Enjoy your life! I will watch you tomorrow, okay?"

Samui: "Okay... I'll give it a try."

Kaido: "See you tomorrow, then. I'll leave the car here and I'll meet you here in the morning. Oh, by the way, that car belongs to Takanori. He enjoys it a lot... including that number. So please take care of it."

Samui: "Understood."

So he left us, and I am just staring at the car. A Mazda Roadster eh? Ichishima-san told me once that it really is an affordable and enjoyable car to drive. So much, in fact that it made it to the Guiness Book of World Records as the best-selling 2-seater car of its time.

Tomorrow, I shall find out why. For now, I want to sleep...

The next day, I wake up early in the morning to sort out the stuff that I'll be needing for the trip.

Race Suit... check!
Helmet... check!
Gloves... check!
Shoes... check!

Confidence... sigh... I don't know. Do I really deserve to drive Takanori's car? I might risk breaking it.

And then, Obaasan calls me from downstairs. I think Kaido-san is waiting.

After an hour, we arrived at the venue. Oh goodness... it's a mountain pass! I knew that I trained in the mountain passes, but with the competition, I don't know if I can win this...

Kaido: "Suit up! The race will start in a few minutes. I have also done setting up the car."

Samui: "Understood."

8985587838_cd927ecd0c_c.jpg

How do you like my outfit? Hehehehehe.... and then I have done stretching. I am following Takuma's stretching routines.

Suddenly, a man approaches me. He seems intrigued at me. Well, I am a new face at this roster.

Shou: "My name is Shou Takeda. You are a new face here."

Samui: "My name is Samui Kanonji. Yes, I am just new here..."

Shou: "Kanonji, eh? That's such a powerful name. You are so young... and are you sure you're qualified to race here?"

Samui: "Ummmm...."

I knew it. I knew that I won't belong here. I think this is such a bad idea.

Kaido: "He is Takanori's cousin and will substitute for him. Any more questions?"

Shou: "Okay. Well, best of luck then."

That man left us alone. It's okay... it's normal for people to have preconceptions of me. I am young... and I think I am still an amateur.

Kaido: "Don't let that put you down. Make "Samui Kanonji" as powerful as "Takanori" and "Takuma" Kanonji! Go out there and make a name for yourself!"

That's enough motivation for me. And with Obaasan cheering for me as well.

8984394899_370234a0a7_c.jpg

I am hearing very powerful roars. Here goes...

8985589146_9bdf13d19b_c.jpg

And we're off! The race begins! We are so close to each other!

8985588992_369da53228_c.jpg

Hey! Watch it! This is not my car! Stop hitting it! Man, everyone is dead serious already at the first corner!

Whew... I made it out alive. Now, time to pass those three!

8985588878_1ca1f5049c_c.jpg

I know every nook and cranny of a mountain pass. I know what dangers lie within. I can adjust my driving depending on the surface condition. Since this touge is smooth, I can floor this car!

8985588786_f3c6ab0f8f_c.jpg

8984394167_0d71e8e25f_c.jpg

That's Shou! All right, time for me to show you that I am not just a substitute!

8984393993_fd468f982b_c.jpg

Shou: "Hm? Usually, I outrun them. But who is behind me? This is surprising...

...isn't that Samui Kanonji!?"

Okay, late braking! Finally, I am right up behind him!

8984394043_537f40cb82_c.jpg

Shou: 'What gives? I thought Samui is a timid and docile amateur!"

8984393847_e83216f4a8_c.jpg

Sorry... mountain passes are my playground.

The distance between us is increasing and increasing. Did I wet your pants too?

8984393595_175a18f65b_c.jpg

8984393445_cc7dc56550_c.jpg

Victory is mine. I guess this is the start of my racing career...

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Warning

The next day, Morris-san actually asks me to drive his NSX. And for that, he has to skip school.

For me though, school is not a problem, as I will be graduating soon. But I do want to graduate quickly. School is... boring.

I am looking for him after school, until he arrives with the car. Why is he really so eager to see me drive? I just have to win, right?

Morris: "Get in. No wait... you'll be driving."

Samui: "But I am still in my uniform."

Morris: "Seesh, you don't need to be a bed-wetter. No need for a race suit for that."

Samui: "Okay..."

And so, I took the wheel and set off. Somehow, I feel easy. Is it because I am driving an NSX too? I'm too familiar with it, I suppose.

Samui: "Let's head to Suzuka. You'll see a bit of my true skill."

We did a couple of laps in Suzuka. Morris-san could do nothing but drop his jaw.

8994347086_72315e13a6_c.jpg

Morris: "Bloody hell!"

Samui: "I just found the thrill of doing this, actually."

Morris: "Put your bloody foot on the brakes!"

8993156255_613a4abd14_c.jpg

His NSX takes the first corner by a breeze. I supposed you had a good tuner who fiddled this car.

8994346510_69ecee08e6_c.jpg

Samui: "Go Hojo's NSX is excellent!"

Morris: "Go Hojo?"

Samui: "Ummm... he's the character of an anime I'm watching. He also drives this car, and it also has the same aerokit and color."

Morris: "There you go again, talking nonsense anime stuff. As if I know who that character is."

Brake... heel-and-toe downshift... control and then bury the accelerator!

8994346504_25c60be3ab_c.jpg

Morris: "How long have you been doing this?"

Shall I really tell the truth?

Samui: "The moment I got my license."

8994346290_75775e69a9_c.jpg

Morris: "No wonder you're so good at it."

Samui: "After graduating, I will be heading back to Europe. I shall continue my life on professional racing."

Morris: "Pro racing? Why?"

Samui: "I already have an FIA racing license. I have decided to pursue racing. Thanks to those twins, I have found something worth living for."

I decided to pull over at the 130R once again.

8994345832_4606e751ae_c.jpg

Morris: "Why are we stopping here?"

Samui: "This place has a good view. It makes you think over stuff. Let's head out."

We get out of the car and just stare at the horizon. Hi there, Nobu-senpai...

Morris: "You are right. It's a great view indeed."

Samui: "I think I can do it..."

Morris: "What?"

Samui: "He is coming. I will face him."

Morris: "Right. That Yankee who touched Gin?"

Samui: "I have to fix this. Also, I can't let him sink lower. Gin probably hasn't forgotten what he did to her."

Morris: "You still care about him? After you and Gin went through 4 years ago?"

Samui: "He's a friend. So it's natural to worry about him."

Morris: "I can't even copy an American's accent. Oh well, whatever."

Samui: "This has to end...

...even if it kills me."

Morris: "You talk big, but can you really do it?"

As promised, I returned to Shinjuku to check on Gin once again. I finally saw her. I wasn't able to talk to her these past few years, due to that painful experience. Now, I have to...

8993154617_a05c099fce_c.jpg

Kin: "Gin! Your friend is here! Samui is here! He wants to talk to you."

Gin: "Oh fine. I might as well talk to him so that I could finish this homework."

She looks like as if nothing happened to her. You would just shrug it off like that easily?

Gin: "Samui-kun... it's been 4 years."

By the way, she transferred to a different school after what happened. So I didn't really get to see her for 4 years...

Samui: "How are you?"

Gin: "I'm doing fine. How about you? You look worried. Want to have tea?"

Samui: "I'll just stay here quickly. And I'm here to tell you that he's coming."

Gin: "What? He's already dead. You pushed him off the bridge, right? And I'm sure he's drowned to death with those raging waves."

Samui: "I have a feeling that he's coming."

Gin: "I don't want to remember it again. Please stop..."

Samui: "He's coming for you! He's going to harm you again! And I will set things right, even if I have to die!"

End of Page 3

EDIT: Gotta add this meme:

8994925062_d4e67c483a_c.jpg

Last edited:
Page 4 - SuperVeloce

Gin: "You're the one that hasn't gotten over it, aren't you?"

Samui: "I'm just... concerned. What if he harms you again? Then you will be crying again!"

Gin: "Why are you so much concerned about me?"

Samui: "I'm your friend! It's just normal."

Gin: "Just forget it. What's past is past..."

It does not matter what her reaction would be. I just came to deliver that warning. But of course, I can't help but feel concerned. I...

...will protect her!

So brave for me to say that. But can I back that up?

After school, I did the usual passing by at the convenience store, and then go straight home.

When I arrived...

9001487344_a5b3e5fe31_c.jpg

9000303971_efd8b1e605_c.jpg

What's that pink Lamborghini doing here? I don't expect a guest, so...

Kaido: "Oh, so you arrived."

Samui: "Kaido-san."

Kaido: "You will be using that in a race next weekend. This weekend, you will be getting familiar with it."

Samui: "This one!? I don't want to break it!"

Kaido: "I don't think you will. Besides, you have the potential.

Next week, Lamborghini will officially open another one-make series called "The SuperVeloce Supercup". It is open for Lamborghini SV owners. And, Takuma actually chose you to represent."

Samui: "I see..."

They should ask my permission or at least tell me beforehand...

Kaido: "That pink SV is currently owned by Takanori's wife. At least we don't need spend a lot for a used SV. And don't let your FIA racing license go to waste. Remember, you are racing around the world with it. And you have committed to it, right?"

Samui: "I want to finish school first."

Kaido: "That won't be a problem. For now, the races are not so often, so you have plenty of time to study. And you are about to graduate high school, right?"

Samui: "That's right."

On Saturday, we head to Motegi in order for me to familiarize Makoto-san's SV. And I like her choice of color, actually. Hehehehehe...

Something is a bit odd. It's a mid-engined car all right, but...

9000308945_6dbbee670f_c.jpg

Samui: "Whoa... that immense speed, and noise!"

Kaido: "That's the madness that Lamborghini has been doing for over 50 years. Careful, brake a bit early here as Murcielagos are not really known for braking."

I stepped on the brakes on the 150 meter mark. And it's a downhill slope, so it really is a test of stopping power.

Thankfully, I slowed down just enough to enter the first corner, probably because the spoiler helps with the braking.

9001492836_c8f853993e_c.jpg

Samui: "These paddle shifts are useful. There is no need for a clutch to change gears. And this is much more stable than the NSX, with a sign of understeer."

9001492204_967ef347ba_c.jpg

9001491778_c14e826464_c.jpg

Kaido: "That's because it is 4WD. It may be a mid-engined car like your NSX, but it has the help of the front tires for extra traction. It's a clever system, and it's more complex than the usual 4WD systems found in front-engined cars."

Samui: "I see. Then what are those front splitters for?"

Kaido: "To generate a bit more front downforce. The rear downforce generated by the rear wing creates so much that I have to balance it with those front splitters. In effect, it increases the car's turning ability."

Samui: "I am still in the process in learning stuff about cars."

Kaido: "When you are in professional racing, you'll learn a lot. Trust me on that."

9001491200_aa0cdcbeb5_c.jpg

Samui: "I can hug the corners..."

9000306359_916c947c83_c.jpg

Kaido: "Glad to hear you are liking it. And I foresee that you will be as great as your cousins. Learning does not stop, Samui."

A week has passed by, and the big event is here.

Kaido-san and I are at Suzuka for The SuperVeloce Supercup. Hundreds or even thousands have gathered to watch the race. Butterflies are in my stomach again...

...and then Shou-san once again shows up.

Shou: "Oh, what a pleasant surprise. You will be racing here too?"

Samui: "Yes. I represent the Dream Alliance for this race."

Shou: "Better not let them down, Samui. And this is Suzuka, a difficult track to master. Lives are already lost here, so take extra caution."

Samui: "I will do my best here."

There we go again, assumptions from people who don't really know me.

Kaido: "Hey, we better line up at the start. Are you ready?"

Samui: "Ready."

I lined up at the starting point...

9000305861_a77bfb2166_c.jpg

Shou-san is at the front again. But...

9001489166_c30b2649b0_c.jpg

...he'll never know what will hit him.

End of Page 4

9001508572_0f65803d11_c.jpg

Page 5 - Benchmark

The race has started. I'm just used to people who belittle me. I do look meek and young, that's all. I don't mind them at all...

9005865571_e4687d4b4e_c.jpg

All I gotta do is win the race, right?

9005865369_26ef51fbbe_c.jpg

Shou: "Whoa... he's already at my tail? How?"

9007044668_a5bcebb6a2_c.jpg

Shou: "I've never even heard his name in the motorsports world! Is this for real???"

I'm just playing around with you, Shou-san. I don't want to end the fun so soon.

While braking for the 130R, I tapped the rear of his SV. Sorry, I gotta copy your move, Senpai. Hehe.

9005864105_2b986c6fa9_c.jpg

Shou: "He tapped the rear. Is he provoking me?"

2nd lap. I'm still playing around. No use ending the fun so soon, right?

9005863751_e0ba075821_c.jpg

Shou: "I thought he's just a nobody! To think I'm being played around...

...that's so humiliating and insulting!"

And then at the hairpin, I have to finally show my fangs.

9007043598_b03617b3b0_c.jpg

Shou: "Hey hey hey! Watch it! Is he still playing around?"

I finally overtook him. Now, I shall show you how I mastered this track. This is all thanks to Nobu-senpai!

9007043484_6ec4a0d499_c.jpg

Shou: "That cornering speed..."

9005862375_25d0e2271a_c.jpg

Shou: "Unreal... he's never scared of the 130R!? He went in a bit too fast for that! His SV is stock, right?"

9007042404_82676a0031_c.jpg

All of our SVs here have equal performance that's for sure. What matters most here is how you make most of your cornering speeds. Of course, the faster you'll take the corners, the same goes to your cornering exits as well.

9005861489_35a00ef833_c.jpg

I am taking advantage of the SV's traction to pull me out of corners!

Shou: "What a guy..."

Once again, it's Monday. I hate Mondays... School is back again. Just how many days left before the graduation? I just want to end this rather boring high school life.

It is dismissal time, and I am the last person to get out of the room since it took me some time to arrange my stuff. As I head out, it so happens that Sasori-sensei is walking by the corridor as well.

Sasori: "Heading home?"

Samui: "I'll do a short tennis wall practice first. It's just 4 pm."

Sasori: "I watched that race in Suzuka. You really are amazing. But strangely, you are not as popular as your cousins."

Samui: "It's okay, Sensei. It's actually much better. I don't want my life to be exposed too much."

Sasori: "Hey, pretty soon you will be. You are one of the only few people in Japan that has an FIA racing license. With that, your name will be easily searched. Remember, you are a Kanonji, and that name is synonymous with racing."

Samui: "I see. But I think I'm still way off from them..."

Sasori: "Is that so? Then keep pursuing it. Keep honing your skills."

And then I am now alone at the school's tennis court. I am in my tennis outfit and I let the tennis ball dribble on the floor while I prepare my serve.

Okay, now serve!

That is a rather strong serve. Will I set a record today?

Minutes go by.... and then hours... I even have to start from 0 when I take breaks.

200... 201... 202...

And then another few minutes of practicing.

299... 300... Shoot! The next hit is too strong, I can't volley the ball back!

There we go, I missed the ball. That's 301 volleys for today. I may have beaten my own record of 200, but that's still way off Nobu-senpai's 500.

Damn... I gotta beat it. No, not just that.

Takanori, Takuma, Nobuyuki-san...

....they are my benchmarks. I gotta be as good as them!

What time is it? Oh shoot, it's 8 pm! I gotta go home and eat dinner!

End of Page 5

Back